Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Tight Ends
Greg Olsen 3 3.57%
Zach Miller 35 41.67%
John Carlson 18 21.43%
Vernon Davis 18 21.43%
Brent Celek 3 3.57%
Dustin Keller 2 2.38%
Other (who?) 5 5.95%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2009, 07:43 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
PDon't all you Viking fans hate him? Atleast I remember you guys used to.

Because he used to be terrible. He would seriously drop every 3rd or 4th ball thrown to him. I really have no idea what happened, but he's a damn good player now.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zach attack! Carlson would be my second choice, he looks really good as well.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a big times Zach Miller lover. He is just crazy. Carlson is close 2nd for me, with Olsen at 3rd. Love all three of them.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carlson. He's a complete tight end in every sense of the world. Vernon Davis is playing at a really high level, but let's see him sustain it. He's certainly the most athletically gifted of all these guys, but I would take Miller and Carlson over him at the moment. Much more consistent, albeit in a limited body of work. Carlson is so good.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
Finley hasn't proved much yet. When he starts putting up numbers like Gonzo or Gates, then I will agree with you. But not yet. I think that Visanthe Shiancoe is seriously underrated in this thread, and in the NFL.
What the **** are you talking about? That's the whole point of this thread. If he had been putting up Gonzalez and Gates numbers then he'd already be one of the best tight ends in the league and he wouldn't be mentioned here.

And you if your setting your standards at Gates and Gonzalez then get the **** out of here with Shiancoe.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:37 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love Jermichael Finley. Amazing talent, Packers have a real find in him. His numbers have come in bunches thus far, but should even out once he finishes beating Donald Lee out.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:30 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
What the **** are you talking about? That's the whole point of this thread. If he had been putting up Gonzalez and Gates numbers then he'd already be one of the best tight ends in the league and he wouldn't be mentioned here.

And you if your setting your standards at Gates and Gonzalez then get the **** out of here with Shiancoe.
Shiancoe > all. Calm down big guy. Why so defensive, holy ****.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:43 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Because he used to be terrible. He would seriously drop every 3rd or 4th ball thrown to him. I really have no idea what happened, but he's a damn good player now.
Seriously, the guy catches everything thrown at him and he is a better then average blocker for a TE.

Shank-O!!
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:48 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its Miller for me, and its not because of his performance last week, lol. I told my friend before that game if Miller was on any other team he'd be a Pro-Bowl Lock this year. Unfortuantely for me, I proved right.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Celek and his 3 votes are a bit surprising...I believe if Ingram can recover properly from his injury he could overtake Celek as the starter and I don't believe Philly uses a lot of 2 TE sets.

I do like Celek though...he's on my FF team 8D

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:21 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Boss>Shiancoe > all. Calm down big guy. Why so defensive, holy ****.
Fixed kjafsd;l

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:28 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was almost surprised there wasn't more Celek talk, even if I expected and agreed with this much love for Miller/Carlson.

He was Money McMoney in the playoffs, and now he's on pace for 1200 yards. Usually things like that get people talking (or at least make those people feel stupid for saying he was a dropoff from LJ Smith. Yes, they existed as recently as this offseason)

Quote:
Shiancoe > all. Calm down big guy. Why so defensive, holy ****.
I almost made the same post before seeing his. Because he's right.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:42 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously I'm not that big of a homer. Shiancoe isn't close to Gates or Gonzo, but he deserves mention. Did I forget to tell you that I didn't read all the way through the first post? I just said Shiancoe > all to stir things up a bit. Why so hostile people.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:17 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Obviously I'm not that big of a homer. Shiancoe isn't close to Gates or Gonzo, but he deserves mention. Did I forget to tell you that I didn't read all the way through the first post? I just said Shiancoe > all to stir things up a bit. Why so hostile people.

I hope this is not a sarcastic tone, and I hope you don't read mine incorrectly as "hostile", but not reading what the topic is about and just posting what you want about your team's guy does make you a pretty big homer.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:25 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because Shiancoe's pretty mediocre at best?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post
Agreed. John Carlson is in only his second year and is already arguably the best TE on this list. He's a complete player and he's only really scratched the surface of his potential in the pass game.
He and Kevin Boss were ridiculously underrated prospects.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have pimped Zach Miller for the I don't know how long, but he's truly a beast, I would wet my pants if he was the Giants TE. He does it all block, catch, etc.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with Carlson. Hes old school. Some of the other guys may be more athletic, a la Keller or Davis, but Carlson to me is what the TE position should be. Hard nosed, great spacial awareness, soft hands, great blocker. I really like him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:18 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zach Miller is on best player on the Raiders offense and he had the slowest 40x, isn't that just so funny, Al. Anyway I also think the TE in Seattle John Carlson is awesome, every time I happen to watch the Hawks, Carlson is catching everything in site.

Celek, Olsen and Jermichael Finley could also become great, lots of great young tight ends right now.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I hope this is not a sarcastic tone, and I hope you don't read mine incorrectly as "hostile", but not reading what the topic is about and just posting what you want about your team's guy does make you a pretty big homer.
I honestly didn't read through the entire first post. I'm not a homer.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well then you're just stupid. You shouldn't post in a thread without reading the first post.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Vikes' argument is legitimate. Even though Shiancoe is not under 25, he is starting to emerge as one of the NFLs best TEs. Vikes was not being a homer all he said was that shank is underrated in this forum and around the league and made a joke. Chill out people

sig by BoneKrusher
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wrong thread
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I honestly didn't read through the entire first post. I'm not a homer.
Read OP, lest be hounded. Do not, and all your rep points are belong to us.

;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vernon Davis but Singletary has to be his personal coach.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote