Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What you wanted and what you got.

I was just sitting around bored watching these big 10 games and I was wondering how much different your teams would be if you were drafting.

For me there would have been no Joe Thomas, there would have been no Brady Quinn, it would have been a completely different franchise as far as first and second round picks went.

2006 - This is where the Browns would have changed a lot compared to what we actually did... I wanted Haloti Ngata in round one and Marcus McNeil in round two. Yeah McNeil went 50th overall and we were picking 34th but I still remembering thinking that he would be amazing in the pros. I also wanted Jones-Drew but I don't know how he would have turned out in Cleveland.

2007 - We would have had McNeil in place and we wouldn't have needed to go Joe Thomas third overall... I remember wanting to draft Adrian Peterson but we signed Jamal Lewis and I knew that was the end to that. I still would have done the trade for Brady Quinn, I believed it was right at the time. Quinn could still pan out he just really needs to fix some flaws in his game.

2008 - Couldn't really do anything with this draft... Browns didn't have a pick for the first three picks because we traded for a 4-3 end and put him in the 3-4.

2009 - With the 5th pick I would have wanted a lot more than what we got from the Jets... We got David Veikune in that trade and I'm not sure if he has even seen the field besides special teams, as well as Alex Mack (very good player) and Abe Elam as well as some stop gap players... Anyways, if we had the 5th pick I would have selected Crabtree and put him opposite Braylon Edwards, I think that would have provided a huge boost to our offense. Then with the 36th pick I would have wanted to take Ray Malaluga and with the 50th pick Lesean McCoy or Phil Loadholt to put at right tackle.

EDIT : Oh yeah, we wouldn't have had the 50th pick because I never would have traded Kellen Winslow... Imagine an offense with Edwards/Crabtree/Winslow... **** the Browns

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In 2006 we traded for John Abraham. That was an excellent decision, it was either him or draft Tamba Hali. We picked future bust Jimmy Williams in the 2nd round ahead of Richard Marshall much to my chagrin. I loved Marshall that year and while he isn't an all-pro or anything, he would have helped a lot. Norwood has been a good contributor, just not a healthy one. C+

2007 was the most disappointing draft in recent memory for my Falcons. All the players I wanted: Peterson, Landry, Brown were gone. I did not want Jamaal Anderson, instead I wanted Patrick Willis. Anderson has been a disaster; although he does well in run defense he is just too slow to make an impact in terms of pass rushing, so much so that the team has moved him inside. I loved the Justin Blalock and Chris Houston picks in the 2nd round, only Blalock has been good for us. D

2008 draft: Matt Ryan, Sam Baker, Curtis Lofton, Harry Douglas, Thomas Decoud, Kroy Biermann, nuff said. A+

Last edited by Shiver : 10-24-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Be glad you have Thomas over McNeil.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wanted Britt and we got Nicks

:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What i wanted: Steven Jackson

What i got: Shaft.

That was by far one of the ugliest drafts i've ever seen a team make. Jacob Rogers, Julia Jones, Stephen Peterman, Bruce Thornton, Sean Ryan and Nathan Jones. We did get Patrick Crayton in the 7th, but i don't think that was anywhere near enough to salvage that abortion of a draft.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dont even get me started with the Raiders.....I would finish typing by midnight

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In 2002 I wanted the Jets to draft Ed Reed, they took Bryan Thomas....I'm still not over it.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year I thought the Steelers stole our draft when they took Sweed and Mendy ahead of us. We ended up getting Chris Johnson and Jason Jones instead, I was wrong.

I hated the 2007 draft and I still do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im happy the Saints took Malcom Jenkins this past year, he is who I was hoping for through the whole process. I would have been pissed if they drafted Beanie Wells like was much talked about, Pierre Thomas is so underrated by the media.

Moorestead has been fine but I wish we drafted Graham Gano, because we have 2 kickers now anyways.

Last edited by BuddyCHRIST : 10-24-2009 at 03:16 PM.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

last year's draft for the bengals was pretty awesome. I was ******** myself the closer we got to Maualuga. I wanted us to take Duke Robinson later in the draft, though.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted Calvin Johnson..... we got a dlinemen playing QB

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I wanted Calvin Johnson..... we got a dlinemen playing QB
I wanted Johnson as well....or Fitz or Cutler or any of the horde of ace players the raiders passed over for busts cuz they had impressive physiques

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only pick I really disagreed with is Aaron Ross over Chris Houston, but Ross stepped in as a rookie on a superbowl bound team and I'm not sure Houston could've done the same.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

06 - I wanted Ngata.

07 - I wanted Joe Thomas.

08 - I liked our trades. Don't hate on Williams, he's been a good end for us. And he was a tackle in Green Bay.

09 - I like our trades.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2007 Draft: JUSTIN HARRELL OH GAWD NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_dBns0i2vw (language)
Im not doubting that Harrell could be a good player, but he cant stay healthy.
I dont really remember what we needed that draft, but I think Olsen or Miller wouldve made decent picks, even though Donald Lee ended up having a nice season.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

06- Marcedes was good enough for me. Although I really wanted MJD and was glad we got him.

07- I wanted Darrelle Revis, but of course he was gone. I kinda wanted Brady Quinn but I was glad with Reggie Nelson

08- grumble grumble. weird move. I liked the trade because it was fair, but that doesn't count for anything now

09- I liked Monroe, but I was tempted by Crabtree. It's a good pick so far because Monroe is progressing well and we have a good WR corps now.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha I'm new at following the draft so...

2006- I was enamored with Chad Greenway, Haloti Ngata and Michael Huff for the Eagles who were picking just outside the top 10 if I remembered correctly and they got Brodrick Bunkley who is the third best 4-3 NT in the NFC behind Pat Williams and Big Albert Haynesworth. Bunkley has turned out great so I am happy.

2007- Haha I wanted Michael Griffin or Brandon Meriweather and who do I get? Kevin Kolb after trading out of the first.

2008- I REALLY wanted a LT after the whole Winston Justice debacle. I really like Ryan Clady and wanted to trade up to get him and if they didn't trade up for him I liked Chris Williams. After they had both gone off the board I was 100% sure that Otah was going to be the pick. I was also a big proponent of Felix Jones and Chris Johnson who I wanted to have to replace Westbrook. Instead the Eagles traded down and got DeSean Jackson in the second round.

2009- I REALLY want Knowshon Moreno, Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt or Louis Delmas but instead Maclin slid and the Eagles snatched him up, I was thrilled.

The past 3 drafts I have yelled at my TV in 2007 I yelled at the Titans when they took Griffin and when the Eagles traded with the Cowboys, in 2008 I yelled at Andy for trading out of the first again when Jeff Otah was there for the taking and in 2009 I got super ticked when the Broncos took Moreno I was calling Josh McDaniels an idiot for screwing up the Eagles draft and drafting a RB when they already had a bunch of them.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't planning on it, but I'll try:

1999 - Steelers drafted: WR Troy Edwards. I wanted Troy Edwards. We needed a big time WR, and I thought he was it. I even went out and bought his jersey. I wear it once a wear after a big Steeler loss.

2000 - Steelers drafted: Plaxico Burress. I actually wanted Deltha O'Neal as our corners needed some work. I guess we made the right choice ultimately.

2001 - Steelers drafted: Casey Hampton. I was very cool with that, and it was who I wanted when push came to shove, though I was a bigger fan of Marcus Stroud who went before our pick.

2002 - Steelers drafted: Kendall Simmons. I actually wanted Tank Williams at that point, wasn't a big fan of the safety play of the Steelers. Ultimately, Ed Reed was the guy I wanted for us (no joke,) and the Ravens got him before us.

2003 - Steelers drafted Troy Polamalu. That was who I wanted as well. We traded up for him, he was our target, needed that SS bad at this point.

2004 - Steelers drafted Ben Roethlisberger. REALLY wanted Ben, he was my #1 rated prospect at that time. Would have been happy with Dunta. Bills actually tried to trade up with the Texans for Ben, but the Texans declined because we would have then taken Dunta. Bills ended up with JP Losman. We also traded up in the second, I thought we were going for Ben Troupe, I was so pumped. Instead we got stupid Ricardo Colclough.

2005 - Steelers drafted Heath Miller. Very expected, and I wanted him. Also really wanted David Bass, would have been happy with him.

2006 - Steelers drafted Santonio Holmes. Obviously, I wanted him. Would have been happy with Chad Jackson as well.

2007 - Steelers drafted Lawrence Timmons. REALLY didn't want him. Hoping for Darrelle Revis, he went a pick above us, so I ultimately would have taken Ugoh or Staley.

2008 - Steelers drafted Rashard Mendenhall. Was fine with BPA, but at that time wanted either Jenkins, Cason, Porter, or Flowers.

2009 - Steelers drafted Ziggy Hood. I wanted Eben Britton.
2006 -

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted Steve Smith over Chris Henry in the 07 draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Last edited by DoughBoy : 10-24-2009 at 05:17 PM.
DoughBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
TaylorMade
Rookie

TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2004 - I wanted Sean Taylor BAD. This was one of the only times I was really big on a first round prospect that the Skins could have gotten.
2005 - I wanted Mike Williams (WR). The team grabbed Carlos Rogers. Oops! I wanted Roddy White, and the team grabbed Jason Campbell.
2006 - I wanted to get Rocky McIntosh and the team traded up to get him.
2007 - I wanted Jamaal Anderson, and the team grabbed LaRon Landry. Big-time Oops.
2008 - I wanted the team to stay and pick up Lawrence Jackson. Instead they traded down to get Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly.
2009 - I wanted Michael Oher. They grabbed Brian Orakpo.

Redskins: 4 time offseason Champions, '00, '04, '06, '09
TaylorMade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2001: I wanted Drew Brees, we took Jamar Fletcher because "Brees is no better than Jay Fiedler"
2002: Traded first rounder for Ricky Williams, loved it. Only had a few picks but I loved the Seth McKinney and Randy McMichael picks.
2003: Saints got our first rounder again because of Ricky winning the rushing title, I hated that we traded two first rounders for him but i was still ok with it. First pick was Eddie Moore though, really wanted Anquan Boldin or Anthony Adams.
2004: Moved up to get Vernon Carey who is exactly who I wanted although didn't like giving up a fourth rounder to move up one spot. Was also one of the few that loved the A.J. Feeley trade but he never got a legit chance thanks to Wandstache's man-crush on Jay Fiedler.
2005: Drafted Ronnie Brown but wanted either Benson or Braylon, turns out I was wrong. Loved the Matt Roth and Channing Crowder picks in rounds 2 and 3 though.
2006: Drafted Jason Allen. I wanted pretty much anyone else but Bobby Carpenter was the one i wanted the most, turns out would have been bad either way.
2007: Wanted Brady Quinn more than anything, took the Ted Ginn Family instead. After Ginn I really wanted either Kevin Kolb or Drew Stanton in the second round, Kolb went before us and we took John Beck over Drew Stanton. Also really wanted Jeremy Kapinos in the seventh to be our new punter but we took Brandon Fields instead.
2008: Wanted either Jake or Chris Long, was happy with either. Hated the Henne pick and didn't really like any QBs in this draft save for Flacco and Brennan but its turned out alright so far.
2009: Wanted Vontae Davis, got Vontae Davis. Hated the Pat White pick and was actually hoping for Tyler Lorenzen in the seventh to try him as a wildcat QB if we insisted on taking one.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Grizzlegom : 10-24-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

02. all I remember was wanting Ed Reed.

03. I wanted Chris Simms and Willis McGahee :)

04. I wanted Eli Manning but I was happy with Gallery.

05. I wanted Derrick Johnson

06. I wanted Matt Leinart

07. I wanted Russell or Quinn, Again I was so sick of passing on QBs while we had guys like Tui, Collins, Walter and Brooks playing QB.

08. I wanted Jake Long but he went #1 overall, I was happy with McFadden.

09. I wanted Michael Oher. After reading the Blind side I was a huge fan.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2006-I wanted Haloti and thank goodness we got him. in the 2nd round I wanted Ko simpson but Chester is the starting guard on a elite OL so I cant complain.
2007-I wanted Ben Grubbs, I loved his athletic ability and size, we tok Grubbs
2008-I wanted Mike Jenkins, I was slightly upset we took Flacco. I also hated the Rice pick, I was wrong you can make a case they are our 2 best players
2009-I wanted Rey Malugala or Nicks/Britt, but I had no idea that Oher would slip I am really glad we took him.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2001-I wanted Drew Brees or Chad Johnson but we got Jamar Fletcher... ugh

2002-No first but I was cool with what we got. We did get a couple good years out of McMichael.

2003-Actually wanted Tyrone Calico or Victor Hobson. Got Eddie Moore... ugh

2004-Wanted Shawn Andrews, and that's obvious who we were going for but the Iggles traded up. After that I wanted Vince Wilfork or Chris Snee, but we took Vernon Carey. Carey is a solid player, but hated trading up one pick for him.

2005-Wanted either Ronnie Brown, Alex Smith, or Braylon Edwards. Was leaning towards Ronnie because we didn't know if Ricky would be back or not. Also loved Matt Roth and Channing Crowder picks. 3 solid players, but Roth and Crowder could be upgraded.

2006-Wanted Donte Whitner and the Bills took him. Then I wanted Manny Lawson. We took Jason Allen. Ugh...

2007-Originally wanted Brady Quinn, but by draft day I wanted Patrick Willis or Adam Carriker. We took Ted Ginn. I was pissed at the time, and Teddy still frustrates me, but he's not too bad. The rest of the draft I loved, but for all but 3 players are gone (Ginn, Solia, and Fields)

2008-Wanted one of the Longs. Loved getting Merling and Langford as well.

2009-Wanted Rey Mauluga, Darius Butler, or Sean Smith in round 1. We got Vontae Davis (who I completely forgot was on the board) which I was ok with. Wasn't a fan of Pat White. Actually wanted Paul Kruger, or Connor Barwin. Loved getting Smith so late in round 2. Wasn't thrilled with Turner or Hartline (couldn't tell you who I wanted, but just not them). Couldn't care less with the rest, but I had never heard of any of the other guys.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
2007 Draft: JUSTIN HARRELL OH GAWD NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_dBns0i2vw (language)
Im not doubting that Harrell could be a good player, but he cant stay healthy.
I dont really remember what we needed that draft, but I think Olsen or Miller wouldve made decent picks, even though Donald Lee ended up having a nice season.
Apparently Shanahan would have taken Harrell if he were still there a pick later instead of Jarvis Moss. That man should not be allowed to draft defensive players if he ever gets a coaching gig again.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote