Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2006- Woulden't have minded Bush but in no trade up. Would have been fine with D'Brick, Cutler, Leinart. Got D'Brick. No complaints. Was cool with Mangold, who looked like a surefire lock there. Loved the Abraham deal, send a guy who didn't want to be here and a guy who would never play in the playoffs out of town. Didn't love or hate Clemens but I was hoping LenDale White would have fell. Did want MJD though under those circumstances though, he was sick at UCLA.

2007- Since I didn't have any clue we would do a draft day trade, at 25 I wanted Woodley. Badly. If we got Greg Olsen I wanted to punch someone, wanted no part of him on that day. Deal up for Revis was awesome though, liked it then. Like it now. Was hoping Jarrett would have fell to us in round 2 but we got David Harris so lets chalk that one up under the glad I didn't get my wish department.

2008- Since McFadden was taken, I wanted and had gotten Gholston. So no complaints there. Wanted Kelly or Devin Thomas in the 2nd round but we traded up for Keller at the time. Wasn't sure of the move since I liked Chris Baker but Keller isn't such a bad guy

2009- Was hoping Maclin would fall to us(And he did had we stayed in our spot) but we dealt up for Sanchez and I was A-OK for the move after I saw what was given up. Was questionable to deal more picks for Shonn Greene though, I wanted a Wide Out there. Ramses Barden I think was the guy I was hoping we'd nab to open up Day 2.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only big one I can think of was round 2 of the 2008 draft, we got Jerome Simpson but I wanted DeSean Jackson or Limas Sweed.

Speaking of which, I remember a few Saints fans trying to rub it in our face that they got Sedrick Ellis that year, but I was, and currently still am, glad that we didn't trade up for him because Keith Rivers is the man. That's not to say that I thought Ellis was a bad pick, it just wasn't as big of a need for us.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I was just sitting around bored watching these big 10 games and I was wondering how much different your teams would be if you were drafting.

For me there would have been no Joe Thomas, there would have been no Brady Quinn, it would have been a completely different franchise as far as first and second round picks went.

2006 - This is where the Browns would have changed a lot compared to what we actually did... I wanted Haloti Ngata in round one and Marcus McNeil in round two. Yeah McNeil went 50th overall and we were picking 34th but I still remembering thinking that he would be amazing in the pros. I also wanted Jones-Drew but I don't know how he would have turned out in Cleveland.

2007 - We would have had McNeil in place and we wouldn't have needed to go Joe Thomas third overall... I remember wanting to draft Adrian Peterson but we signed Jamal Lewis and I knew that was the end to that. I still would have done the trade for Brady Quinn, I believed it was right at the time. Quinn could still pan out he just really needs to fix some flaws in his game.

2008 - Couldn't really do anything with this draft... Browns didn't have a pick for the first three picks because we traded for a 4-3 end and put him in the 3-4.

2009 - With the 5th pick I would have wanted a lot more than what we got from the Jets... We got David Veikune in that trade and I'm not sure if he has even seen the field besides special teams, as well as Alex Mack (very good player) and Abe Elam as well as some stop gap players... Anyways, if we had the 5th pick I would have selected Crabtree and put him opposite Braylon Edwards, I think that would have provided a huge boost to our offense. Then with the 36th pick I would have wanted to take Ray Malaluga and with the 50th pick Lesean McCoy or Phil Loadholt to put at right tackle.

EDIT : Oh yeah, we wouldn't have had the 50th pick because I never would have traded Kellen Winslow... Imagine an offense with Edwards/Crabtree/Winslow... **** the Browns
How are you angry over the Thomas pick?
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordofi View Post
How are you angry over the Thomas pick?
Don't think he's angry about it, it's just that he would have drafted McNeil the year before and would've had no need for a left tackle with the #3 overall pick.

This isn't a 20/20 exercise, just what you wanted on the day.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2004 Round 1, #6 - WR Roy Williams
Wanted: Sean Taylor, Kellen Winslow
Both were picked ahead of us, I was very happy with what we got in the trade down but naturally, none of the picks turned out.

2004 Round 1, #30 - RB Kevin Jones
Wanted: Ben Watson, Ben Troupe, Kevin Jones, Tatum Bell
When I saw that we traded for the pick, I was thinking we'd select one of those four. I didn't have anything against any of them. Liked the pick quite a bit.

2005 Round 1, #10 - WR Mike Williams
Wanted: Antrel Rolle, Derrick Johnson, Erasmus James
Anybody else in the draft would've been a better pick. I hated it.

2006 Round 1, #9 - LB Ernie Sims
Wanted: Michael Huff, Vernon Davis
I was worried that we'd select Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler.. I didn't want either. I was glad that we picked Ernie Sims.

2006 Round 2, #40 - S Daniel Bullocks
Wanted: Mathias Kiwanuka, Jimmy Williams, Winston Justice, Roman Harper
If I remember correctly, Kiwi, Jimmy Williams and Winston all had pretty big draft day falls. I was hoping they'd make it to our Round 2 pick. Not disappointed with the Daniel Bullocks pick.

2007 Round 1, #2 - WR Calvin Johnson
Wanted: Calvin Johnson, Patrick Willis
I wanted Willis very bad. I would've loved a trade down for him. Nervous when Oakland came up to the podium and my day was made when they selected JaMarcus. I wasn't a big fan of Gaines Adams so I'm glad we didn't make a move for him.

2007 Round 2, #43 - QB Drew Stanton
Wanted: LaMarr Woodley, David Harris, Victor Abiamiri, Josh Wilson
What a disaster, I did not want Drew freakin Stanton.

2007 Round 2, #58 - DE Ikaika Alama-Francis
Wanted: Victor Abiamiri, Quentin Moses, Marcus McCauley
I hated that we traded up one spot AFTER Abiamiri went. I was indifferent to this pick.

2007 Round 2, #61 - S Gerald Alexander
Wanted: Quentin Moses, Marcus McCauley, Dante Hughes, Charles Johnson
I don't recall ever hearing of Gerald Alexander before we picked him. At this point I was lost, wondering what was going on with our draft. Bah.

2008 Round 1, #17 - OT Gosder Cherilus
Wanted: Derrick Harvey, Jerod Mayo, Jonathan Stewart, Rashard Mendenhall, Chris Williams, Branden Albert
I hated this pick. I came around to it, and he's solid enough now.. but.. still.. GOSDER?

2008 Round 2, #45 - LB Jordon Dizon
Wanted: Calais Campbell, Matt Forte, Brandon Flowers, Curtis Lofton, Quentin Groves
This pick disgusted me, I completely hated it. I look forward to the draft all year and we came away with Gosder and Jordon. Ugh.

2009 Round 1, #1 - QB Matt Stafford
Wanted: Matt Stafford
Loved the pick of course. Did not want Jason Smith or Aaron Curry. I was relieved when we signed him prior to the draft, I couldn't stand the thought of selecting Aaron Curry #1.

2009 Round 1, #20 - TE Brandon Pettigrew
Wanted: Michael Oher, Rey Maualuga, Vontae Davis, Ziggy Hood
Was not a fan of the pick at first.. I've came around to it though.

2009 Round 2, #33 - S Louis Delmas
Wanted: Rey Maualuga, Darius Butler, Everette Brown
Satisfying pick. Nothing against it.. I had my hopes up for Maualuga, but Delmas was a fine pick.

Last edited by WMD : 10-24-2009 at 09:42 PM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way to prove and no reason for anyone to believe me, but I wanted Michael Roos out of Eastern Washington
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2005, 1st round, 4th pick- Cedric Benson, RB
Wanted: Braylon Edwards, Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson
-Unfortunately, the two guys I wanted went before Benson. I preferred Benson to Cadillac Williams, but wasn't crazy about having that pick in general.

2005, 2nd round pick, pick #39- Mark Bradley, WR
Wanted: Brodney Pool, Khalif Barnes, Roscoe Parrish
-None of these three would have been great picks, but they would have been better than Bradley.

2006, 1st round, pick #26- traded for Danieal Manning and Dusty Dvoracek
Wanted: Santonio Holmes, Marcedes Lewis, Sinorice Moss
-Holmes, once again, went 1 pick before ours. Danieal Manning has been better than my other two guys.

2006, 2nd round, pick #57- Devin Hester, WR
Wanted: Greg Jennings, Richard Marshall, Eric Winston
- I did not want Devin Hester. I am stupid.

2007, 1st round, pick #30- Greg Olsen, TE
Wanted: Greg Olsen, Joe Staley
-Slam dunk. I didn't think Olsen would fall to us, but I pooped myself when he did.

2007, 2nd round, pick #62- Dan Bazuin, DE
Wanted: Brandon Mebane
-Stupid Dan Bazuin. Brandon Mebane was taken 23 picks later, and is having a great career.

2008, 1st round, pick #14- Chris Williams, OT
Wanted: Jeff Otah, Chris Williams
-I would have been fine with either. I did not want Brandon Albert.

2008, 2nd round, pick #44- Matt Forte, RB
Wanted: Desean Jackson, Matt Forte
-Another win-win situation.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been generally satisfied with first rounders...I wanted Pacman, VY, Griffin and Britt.

I was actually pretty disgusted when I heard we took Chris Johnson, and almost had a heart attack when ESPN showed Chris Wells on the phone during the Titans pick.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:11 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2006 1st round pick- Vince Young
Wanted: Jay Cutler,Vince Young

I was holding out hope that the saints would pass on Bush, but I was thrilled when we took Vince...not so much now.

2006 2nd round- LenDale White

Wanted LenDale the whole time and I **** myself when we got him. He has been okay for us.

2007 1st round- Michael Griffin
Wanted:Robert Meachem, Dwayne Bowe

I was suprised by this pick, but okay with it and I still am. I REALLY wanted Bowe though.

2007 2nd Round- Chris Henry (RB)
Wanted: Steve Smith or Eric Wright

I hated this pick! We drafted a running back a year before and this guy never did **** in college. Never ended doing much in the NFL. Steve or Eric would have been great Picks.

2007 Round 3- Paul Williams
Wanted-Tank Tyler or Jonnie Lee Higgins

This pick sucked then and it sucks now. I stopped watching the draft at this point. Tank and Jonnie have had good careers.

2008-1st Round-Chris Johnson
Wanted anyone but Chris. Mainly-Devin Thomas, Malcome Kelly.

I remember prior to this the Titans making the pick chanting: NOT CHRIS JOHNSON, NOT CHRIS JOHNSON. Boy was I pissed.

2008 Round 2- Jason Jones
Wanted-Sweed, Doucet, Earl Bennett

******* pissed we did not take a reciver. I wanted us to trade up for Sweed but the Steelers stole him. Earl was the pick I wanted us to make after Sweed was picked. We got Jason, who is great when healthy.

2009- 1st Round- Kenny Britt
Wanted-Rey Maualuga, Sean Smith, Clint Sintim

If I thought we would pick a WR, Kenny would be on the list. Loved this pick when it was made, I almost cried.

2009 2nd Round-SenDerrick Marks
Wanted- Shawn Nelson, Jared Cook, Roy Miller, D.J Moore.
This pick was a head scratcher at the time. But I was so happy we picked Kenny I didn't even care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Last edited by DoughBoy : 10-25-2009 at 11:15 AM.
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For first rounders since I started really seriously following the draft:
2005: Wanted Aaron Rodgers, got Cedric Benson.

2006: Wanted Santonio Holmes reeeeeally badly. He was taken one pick before us. I threw things. We traded out of the first. I was so angry at the Steelers, I didn't care.

2007: Greg Olsen was the no-brainer. I was psyched. Didn't imagine he'd fall to us there.

2008: wanted Ryan Clady or Brandon Albert, took Chris Williams. Wasn't disappointed. Coulda lived with any of these or Otah.

2009: Wanted Cutler, got Cutler. Had we kept Orton and the pick, I would have been pretty jazzed to see Oher on the board (duh).
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:44 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2005 Round 1, #6 - Adam "Pacman" Jones
Wanted: Antrel Rolle, Mike Williams, Carlos Rogers
Looking back on it, either of the two top corners would have been better. Though Rolle wouldn't have been a good one considering he moved to safety. Sadly, wanted Mike Williams the most though. God I eventualkly like this pick until he just decided to do stupid **** and get himself ostracized out of the league.

2006 Round 1, #3 - Vince Young
Wanted: Vince Young
Enamored after that incredible Rose Bowl performance. Looking back, we probably should have drafted Cutler.

2007 Round 1, #19 - Michael Griffin
Wanted: Robert Meachem, Sidney Rice, Dwayne Jarrett
Didn't like the pick at first, love it now considering the others have yet to produce at a Pro Bowl level.

2008 Round 1, #24 - Chris Johnson
Wanted: Limas Sweed, Malcolm Kelly, DeSean Jackson
Hated the pick at first, would have meant we drafted 3 RB's in 3 consecutive drafts in the first 2 rounds. Also means we would have drafted another workout warrior. God, I was so wrong.

2009 Round 1, # 30 - Kenny Britt
Wanted: Kenny Britt, Rey Maualuga
Too early to call, but I loved it when we drafted this guy. After years of passing on this damn position, we drafted probably the guy with the best skills out of any of the previous possible draftees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:00 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In '06 I wanted Cutler, but I'm down with D'Brick and Mangold. It's later when we don't pick MJD (Clemens), Gocong (I like him), and Gabe Watson because we had no 3-4 DL at the time.

In '07 we got Revis and Harris...only thing I'd change is getting Woodley instead. I still swear we gave the Steelers Woodley for taking Revis right from them.

In '08 there was Gholston...ah Vernon Gholston. Some of the guys I wanted in this draft include Chilo Rachal, Jason Jones, and Kendall Langford. I really liked all 3 of those guys...Tavares Gooden would have been nice as a developmental LBer. Also liked Kyle Moore alot as a developmental DL.

'09 I really liked Maclin. If he stays healthy he'll be dangerous for the Eagles. I wanted McCoy in the 2nd, but I realized how improbable that was.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread really punctuates how horrible the 2005 class was.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2005- Wanted Tuck in the second round. Got him in the third and Webster in the second, so can't complain.

2006- Loved Demeco Ryans. Still not crazy about this draft. Would have loved to either have Santonio Holmes or Demeco Ryans on that Giants right now.

2007-Going back in the Giants thread, I had this draft for us. Would have had to trade up for Revis but I wanted him so bad.

1. Darrelle Revis CB Pittsburgh
2. Anthony Gonzalez WR Ohio St/Steve Smith WR USC
3. Stewart Bradley OLB Nebraska/Justin Durant OLB Hampton
4. Darius Walker RB Notre Dame
5. Jay Alford DT Penn St
6. Tyler Ecker TE Michigan

Can't complain with our 2007 draft. It was excellent and we ended up getting two of the guys on my list anyway. Walker and Ecker ended up being nothings so I'm glad Reese is our GM and not me.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:14 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted Suggs > Bryant Johnson and Calvin Pace and I wanted AD > Levi Brown, I was right on both occasions

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted someone in the 2005 draft who wouldn't get arrested, a broken neck or get hooked on drugs instead of phonics

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:35 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh man did I want Tuck in '05.

Still, nothing beats recent Jets drafts like when the Texans and anyone in the top 3 refused to let us get Andre Johnson in '03.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:36 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only went to 2004 since thats when I started getting into the NFL draft and all this good stuff

2009 Draft
Round 1 WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
Wanted: Crabtree, Maclin, Monroe or trade down

Pretty obvious to why I didnt like this pick, Maclin is playing good and Crabtree made a impact today. Would be great to have Monroe and Henderson as 2 young OT's

Round 1 RB Darren McFadden
Wanted: Darren McFadden
I was really happy when we drafted him, thought he would make a impact Reggie Bush should have made. Now he is injury prone and has only had 1 great game

Round 1 QB JaMarcus Russell
Wanted: Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson
I had a feeling Russell wasnt going to be good and well look at him now. I remember watching AP as a freshman and said he was a future NFL RB. I remember watching highlights on youtube for CJ and nearly ejaculated

Round 1 FS Michael Huff
Wanted: Matt Lienart, Jay Cutler
I remember sitting on my couch, seeing Lienart there and thought man I am going to buy his jersey soon. Huff is now starting to play good

Round 1 CB Fabian Washington
Wanted: Aaron Rodgers
Rodgers is a Chico,Ca native and my Dad went to college there and just hearing about Chico made me want him. Also the fact he went to Cal would have been cool since he would have alot of support.

Round1: OT/OG Robert Gallery
Wanted: Gallery, Fitzgerald
Thought we got our future LT that we could build around. Also wanted Fitz since Rice and Brown were gone.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:22 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2009:
1st I wanted the saints to trade down. apparently they tried but they couldnt find a taker. I wanted Jenkins as a safety cuz i didnt see him starting over greer and porter. I stand by that but Jenkins was the right choice at that point.
4th I never really considered chip vaughn cuz i didnt expect him to fall but I was fine with the pick when it happened. I however REALLY wanted Gerald McRath over Stanley Arnoux, that still bumms me. I think McRath would have been playing a lot by now already.
5th I just didnt wanna trade up for a punter. But the kid is doing really good so I guess I should be okay with it.

2008. Outside of Mehlaff they drafted everyone I wanted. I know I was so psyched when they got nicks and pressley in the fifth. Loved the trade up for ellis and had a mancrush on porter. This draft was pure gold.

I wasnt thrilled about maechem cuz I wanted greg Olsen
I was fine with usama young
I wanted Marvin White or LeRoy Harris over Pittman
Was fine with Bushrod

Wanted Bush and got him
I was fine with Roman Harper
I didnt know what to think of the Jahri Evans pick

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:34 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted to win yesterday. I got one of the most embarrassing losses ever

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2005: Anyone but Mike Williams and Millen tarred and feathered

2006: Sims at the time fit in the Tampa 2 but I wanted Deuce Luitui over Daniel Bullocks in the 2nd. Still looking for that guard. Oh and Millen tarred and feathered.

2007: Calvin thank you Jesus, but the 2nd Round was an abortion of epic proportion. Trade back instead of taking Posluzny(didn't really fit Tampa 2) but I know he's a gamer. Also wanted Justin Blalock too, still looking for that left guard. Then we trade back, could have had David Harris but we take Stanton. Trade back into 2nd and take Alama Francis and Gerald Alexander. Three 2nd round picks all a waste. Barf city. Oh and Millen tarred and feather.

2008: Can't complain about Gosder, some people wanted Brandon Albert but the trade back allowed us to get Kevin Smith. I'll allow it not that they run anything by me though. 2nd Round though, more abortion. Jordan Dizon reeeeeeeeeaaaaccchhhhhh. I wanted Dan Connor, can you tell I went to Penn State or Calais Campbell. Seriously I had to witness 3 years of Paris Lenon as the starting Mike Linebacker. I should get an award for that. Oh and Millen tarred and feathered.

2009: Have to admit I wanted Maualaga over Pettigrew but when we got Larry Foote the next day I was happy. Some people wanted Oher but we'll see what we get next year at Left Tackle. Stud LT from 2010,Gosder and Pettigrew equals awesome outside blocking for many years. I like Mayhew so far. No tars and feathers for him but Millen if you see him you know what to do. Home Alone style.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
What i wanted: Steven Jackson

What i got: Shaft.

That was by far one of the ugliest drafts i've ever seen a team make. Jacob Rogers, Julia Jones, Stephen Peterman, Bruce Thornton, Sean Ryan and Nathan Jones. We did get Patrick Crayton in the 7th, but i don't think that was anywhere near enough to salvage that abortion of a draft.
I remember watching that going, "Jackson is a perfect fit for them" then they traded back and took Jones. I said to myself, "what a jackass"

Oh, and to the original topic: Aaron Rodgers in '05, and Kenny Phillips in '08.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2007 NFL Draft -
What I wanted: 1. Adrian Peterson 2.Patrick Willis 3.Marshawn Lynch
What I got: Marshawn Lynch
I, like almost every football fan felt that Peterson would be the better of the two backs. Now, it's pretty obvious that he is considering he's the best in all of football. I thought Patrick Willis had all the tools to be a great player. And he is.

2nd Round:
What I wanted: Paul Posluszny
What I got: Paul Posluszny

3rd Round:
What I wanted: Daymeion Hughes
What I got: Trent Edwards

2006 NFL Draft
-
What I wanted - Haloti Ngata, Brodrick Bunkley
What I got - Donte Whitner
Many Bills fans were split on who they wanted - Bunkley, Ngata, and Winston Justice.
I was a huge Ngata fan. Our run defense sucked and I wanted to fix it. But instead we have Donte 'Pile Jumper' Whitner.

2nd Round -
When I saw we traded up, I though it was going to be for...
Winston Justice, or Nick Mangold

What I got - John McCargo :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:07 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2002-Wanted Ed Reed-got bryan Thomas
2003-I was a ****** and kinda liked the D-Rob pick. I thought he would shore up the middle of the defense for years.
2004-I liked getting Vilma. You can't say no to a Miami defender.
2005-I liked the Justin Miller pick but I would have preferred to stay where we were and take Heath Miller.Also, I'm still a little disgusted about taking a kicker in the second.
2006-I think every Jets fan wanted Dbrick. In the second I was happy with Clemens. I kinda wanted MJD, but mostly because of keak.
2007-I was hoping for Quinn. Thank god I wasn't in charge. I love you Darelle Revis. In the second I wanted Brian Leonard for obvious reasons, but even at the time I recognized Harris was the right pick.
2008-Wanted to trade down, but Gholston was the guy I wanted at that spot.
2009- Liked the trade up for Sanchez. If we had stayed in our spot, I wanted Britt.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:28 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I started following the draft with any real passion back in 2005 so here goes...

2005 - I really wanted Braylon Edwards but he was gone. Wanted Mike Williams secondly and Pacman third, we draft Troy Williamson, that top 10 is just so full of fail though...

2nd first I was happy with James, was hoping Brown would fall, when Rodgers was still available there I really wanted him the most. Alex Barron was the third guy I wanted. The Rodgers one certainly hurts the most in hindsight.

2006 - I really wanted Bush, Ferguson, Hawk or Huff but none of them fell. Also wanted Wimbley and NGata who didn't make it to our pick. At the pick I wanted Maroney or Holmes. Was perfectly satisfied with the Greenway pick though, thought it was a safe pick, has so far been just that. I also really wanted us to trade up for Mangold when he was lingering at the end of the first.

2007 - Wanted Calvin more than anyone. Also liked Timmons, Willis, Okoye and Landry. Liked Peterson but his injury history had me really scared of him. Glad I was wrong there and that we picked who we did. I really wanted Jarrett or Woodley in the 2nd but has also happy with Rice, I try and imagine how scary our DL would be with Woodley opposite the Wall and Allen, then again, with the way Rice is playing that pick looks great.

2008 - We traded the first for Allen, I liked the move. I remember really liking Calais Campbell in the 2nd. Also Malcolm Kelly, Ray Rice and Chad Henne. Was ok with Johnson but certainly not excited.

2009 - Was hoping like hell that one of Maclin and Oher would fall to us(of the guys that actually could have). Was a half pace away from furious when we didn't take Oher for Harvin whose red flag covered status had me very concerned. He has so far been brilliant but I will forever hold my breath on him. Would have liked to move up to get Maualuga or Laurinaitis when they free fell to the 2nd as insurance and because I'm not a big Leber fan. Was delighted when Loadholt fell to us. Asher Allen was a real wtf pick to me but I have an irrational fandom for McCauley. Wouldn't have minded taking a chance on Nate Davis also.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote