Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 04-07-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
LBman55
Rookie

LBman55 is a cocksman.LBman55 is a cocksman.LBman55 is a cocksman.LBman55 is a cocksman.
Default I like this Kid Stevenson Sylvester LB- Utah

PROS
Sylvester is 21 years old, 6′2 1/8, 232 lbs with 33 ¼ inch arms and 10 ¼  inch hands.  He ran a 4.63 forty at the combine.  Sylvester is a knowledgeable, experienced, and competitive linebacker with a high motor.  He is a consistent sideline-to-sideline athlete with above average read and react skills.  He has the ability to stop a runner in his tracks and pursue a tight end and back in the open field.  Excellent edge and gap rusher and will make the play.  Has the ability to stack and shed and pursue in traffic.  He is an impressive wrap up tackler and can lay the big hit.  He really excels in big games, appears to love the bright lights.  Sylvester was invited to the 2010 NFL combine and the 2010 East West Shrine Game.  He is a four-year starter, two-year team captain, unanimously selected to the 2009 MWC First Team All Conference, 2009 Poinsettia Bowl Defensive MVP, and MWC Second Team All Conference in 2008.  He is a high character prospect and is leader on and off the field.

CONS
Sylvester’s Pro Day numbers are not impressive, but these numbers are not indicative of his play on the field.  He will need to learn better techniques to shed blockers and fight through traffic.  He is underweight, but has continued to add weight through his college career; added ten pounds prior to 2008 season, ten pounds prior to the 2009 season, and has added seven pounds since the East West Shrine Game.  

OVERALL
Sylvester is an excellent outside linebacker with a lot of upside.   Can play inside or in coverage and makes plays all over the field. Will need to be coached up a little in using his hands to shed blockers and technique to get to the quarterback. Bottom line this kid is a Football player an has been a consistant play maker over his career.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-3oUIQ09IU

LBman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him also. My concern is his size, which I am sure everyone is going to mention. I have to assume that the ILB'ers will be Cushing and Ryans. He seems too small to play OLB.

Also-anyone shocked about the Pollard release? I can think of several other people I would have released before him.

In Wade we trust?

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote