Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

View Poll Results: WHo ya got?
Baltimore Ravens 13 76.47%
Denver Broncos 4 23.53%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
He's overrated because he runs his mouth (while not backing it up however). He's really not that good of a player on the field.
I don't think he is overrated. I don't think he is as good as he thinks he is but he is solid stopping the run in coverage and getting to the QB. You might not like the guy but he is a good LB.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:00 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was kinda overrated, but he was a huge part of the Baltimore Raven defense. What he brought (physicality, ability to stop the run, block up/take on blocks, drop into coverage, blitz) was huge for Ray Lewis. Scott did the dirty work, which let Ray rely on his instincts and go out and make plays all over. With Scott gone, there is an obvious hole which I think can be filled in effectively by Ellerbe, he does many things like Scott did for us, I pray he gets more PT.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:31 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
I don't think he is overrated. I don't think he is as good as he thinks he is but he is solid stopping the run in coverage and getting to the QB. You might not like the guy but he is a good LB.
He is extremely overrated, there are people out there who think he is one of the best LBs in the league for Christ's sake. He is not a good LB he is an average at best LB, his tackling technique is awful because he is always trying to make the big hit to back up the trash talking he did to get his face out there for everyone to see. He is complete and total garbage! He is also one of the worst coverage LBs I've ever seen, he really doesn't bring anything more than toughness.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:21 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
He is extremely overrated, there are people out there who think he is one of the best LBs in the league for Christ's sake. He is not a good LB he is an average at best LB, his tackling technique is awful because he is always trying to make the big hit to back up the trash talking he did to get his face out there for everyone to see. He is complete and total garbage! He is also one of the worst coverage LBs I've ever seen, he really doesn't bring anything more than toughness.
agreed, but the role he played here in Baltimore fit him perfectly. Everyone of his strengths were utilized to the fullest, thanks to Rex Ryan. You could argue that Scott was just a product of the system when he was in Baltimore, but I don't know how well he's doing in New York, so I won't say that. All I am saying is that he was big in his role he played here, how he plays in other defenses without guys like Suggs, Lewis, Reed, Ngata will determine how good of a linebacker his is. Stat wise, he is garbage - 51 tackles and just 1 sack, but then again, those are just stats.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will always like Scott for that 2006 season and that hit on Big Ben then the "hot sauce" comment after he broke Reggie Bushes ankle or w/e. But after that he has always been just well rounded and solid at everything. We just have a bunch of young guys thats why we were hurting because they never had 4-5 years to ride the bench and develop like Scott did. I like scott he brought a Ray Lewis like work ethic, toughness, and swag but I wouldnt have payed 48 million for it. Now that Ellerbe is getting more experienced we should be fine.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:30 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
agreed, but the role he played here in Baltimore fit him perfectly. Everyone of his strengths were utilized to the fullest, thanks to Rex Ryan. You could argue that Scott was just a product of the system when he was in Baltimore, but I don't know how well he's doing in New York, so I won't say that. All I am saying is that he was big in his role he played here, how he plays in other defenses without guys like Suggs, Lewis, Reed, Ngata will determine how good of a linebacker his is. Stat wise, he is garbage - 51 tackles and just 1 sack, but then again, those are just stats.
Well, since the Jets use the same system that the Ravens did last year he probably fits in well there. I agree that Bart is overrated by the majority of fans (especially ESPN), but for what he did in Baltimore he was good at it. He would probably do well in that role for any team that runs the 3-4.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we still got to respect the hit Scott laid on Big Ben. Possibly the hardest hit in Ravens history

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcwXBMDk9p0&feature=fvst
Old 11-03-2009, 08:46 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
we still got to respect the hit Scott laid on Big Ben. Possibly the hardest hit in Ravens history

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcwXBMDk9p0&feature=fvst
yeah, that hit was insane, but there's no way that's the hardest hit in Raven history. Ray Lewis owns that, he just has way too many.

Also, I'm sure many of you are aware of the Browns and the firing of George Kokinis, is there any chance he returns to Baltimore's front office? I don't blame him 1 bit for the disaster in Cleveland, all that is on Mangini.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

:D
Old 11-03-2009, 08:53 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
yeah, that hit was insane, but there's no way that's the hardest hit in Raven history. Ray Lewis owns that, he just has way too many.
I agree, if that is the biggest hit in Ravens history, the Ravens are a bunch of pansies. Ben wakes up to hits that hard. Ryan Clark hits someone harder than that every week.

:) Just getting the competitive juices flowing. haha

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:57 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
I agree, if that is the biggest hit in Ravens history, the Ravens are a bunch of pansies. Ben wakes up to hits that hard. Ryan Clark hits someone harder than that every week.

:) Just getting the competitive juices flowing. haha
I am pretty sure Big Ben said that was the hardest he has ever been hit. That hit was a huge hit. Don't try to down play it. I have seen both Ed Reed and Ray Lewis hit someone harder but that was a monster hit. Bart Scotts hit on Pennington in the Playoffs last year was a good one also
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
Old 11-03-2009, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am pretty sure Big Ben said that was the hardest he has ever been hit. That hit was a huge hit. Don't try to down play it. I have seen both Ed Reed and Ray Lewis hit someone harder but that was a monster hit. Bart Scotts hit on Pennington in the Playoffs last year was a good one also
The hits I posted were a lot harder than Scott's ***** hit. :D
Old 11-03-2009, 09:01 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Only the Clark hit on Mcgahee. Do you remember Mendenhall getting his body broke by getting hit by Ray Lewis?

John Wall
Old 11-03-2009, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Only the Clark hit on Mcgahee. Do you remember Mendenhall getting his body broke by getting hit by Ray Lewis?
With how Mendenhall ran last year, I was surprised someone didn't do it earlier. He still kinda runs scared, but he's getting better. I remember like 4 years back when the Bus ran over and dragged little Ray Ray down the field. I also remember Joey Porter challanging Ray Lewis to a fight and Ray Ray stayed on the bus.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:06 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
With how Mendenhall ran last year, I was surprised someone didn't do it earlier. He still kinda runs scared, but he's getting better. I remember like 4 years back when the Bus ran over and dragged little Ray Ray down the field. I also remember Joey Porter challanging Ray Lewis to a fight and Ray Ray stayed on the bus.
Right because getting off the bus would of been smart? That could be the dumbest argument I have ever heard. We are talking about football hits.

John Wall
Old 11-03-2009, 09:07 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ray Lewis hits harder then any player on the Steelers. Just stop. You look like an ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Right because getting off the bus would of been smart? That could be the dumbest argument I have ever heard. We are talking about football hits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Ray Lewis hits harder then any player on the Steelers. Just stop. You look like an ass.
You guys need to chill.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:10 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats not true. Per pound, I would say Ed Reed hits harder than Ray Lewis. And per pound, Ryan Clark hits harder than Ed Reed.

Also, is Ray starting to play a little dirtier than normal?? I don't get to watch him every week like yall do but the Bengal & Bronco game, it seemed he was kinda going the dirty play route.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

This is just a friendly joke session so please dont get to fired up.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Big Ben said that was the hardest hit he ever had in his life.

The guy also got hit by a car.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:15 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You guys need to chill.
in our defense, we were just talking about the Ravens hardest hits and Bart Scott, and then you guys just randomly show up posting videos of Steelers hits on Ravens. Yet we need to chill?
Old 11-03-2009, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry0tniImmb4

Porter got owned by Jamal Lewis, if you are getting owned by Jamal why would Ray waste his time on Porter?
Old 11-03-2009, 10:17 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Ravens is right, just friendly poking at. Yes, you do need to chill. It's not that serious and when it gets that serious someone gets their eyes gouged out. Not cool. :D

I still want someone to argue with me against my Ryan Clark > Ed Reed > Ray Lewis, when it comes to hitting hard.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

well if were talking hits, then there is no way Ray Lewis is #1. I know Clark has had some HUGE ones on Welker and McGahee but Ray Lewis's career is FULL of em.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-I4h0s2jnU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0oUPACk8K8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXdKh9QOjDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykuGLK5CFjE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeexDrlNx5E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4e1pPgf3dk
Old 11-03-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Yea, but it isn't about quantity. Obviously someone with a 13 yr career is going to have hit more people than someone with an 8 yr career.

And, I am taking into account poundage. Clark is 205 lbs, Lewis is 250ish?? Plus to me, it is against Clark and Reed. I still maintain that Reed is the biggest hitter on the Ravens squad, per poundage.