Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"HONK HONK MOTHER ******!"

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:34 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Surprised nobody has at least mentioned Randall McDaniel. Allen, Matthews and McDaniel are the best guards I've ever seen. (John Hannah retired just as I was becoming an NFL fan). Matthews was the most versatile for sure being elected to the Pro Bowl at all three positions. I saw Munoz and he is the best OT in NFL history imo. The most dominant center was Dolphins HOFer Dwight Stephenson. Unfortunately his career was cut short with injuries.

Best individual game performance I can remember from an OL was Tony Boselli totally destroying Bruce Smith in a playoff game in 1996. Boselli was definitely in the Pace/Ogden/Roaf class. He was drafted in 1995 but still made the 1990s All Decade Team and was a 3-time 1st team All Pro in 1997, 98 and 99. He would have been a 1st ballot lock had he enjoyed a healthy and long career.

Last edited by boknows34 : 10-30-2009 at 04:40 AM.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:41 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stephenson was a 1st team All-Pro five consecutive years at center before his career finished after just 8 seasons at the age of 30.

Last edited by boknows34 : 10-30-2009 at 04:47 AM.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

didnt Larry Allen grab a kicker by the shoulder pads because he shanked a XP or a short K. or am I thinking of someone else?
Old 10-30-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Shields should be mentioned as well.heck the Chiefs line from the Vermiel Era should be listed
Old 10-30-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I know I've posted this video before but its one of my favorite plays ever. I can watch it over and over and still be blown away everytime. Larry Allen was a monster. I highly recommend you check it out.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...E23FF0CB14EDD1
This is one of the more impressive things I have ever seen. And the craziest part about it is that Larry Allen doesn't even realize the ball is intercepted right away. And he still hawks him down.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
didnt Larry Allen grab a kicker by the shoulder pads because he shanked a XP or a short K. or am I thinking of someone else?
Yes he did. But it wasn't becuase he missed the the XP, its because Jose Cortez, the kicker, started blaming and screaming at the longsnapper for a bad snap, and Larry Allen to had to start regulating. We cut Cortez the next day IIRC.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Will Shields should be mentioned as well.heck the Chiefs line from the Vermiel Era should be listed
IMO one of the 5 best offensive lines of all time.

Awesome, awesome line...

For me it's Pace and Roaf.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Though I wasn't really old enough to see him when he was playing, I have seen plenty of vids of Mr. Munoz and he is without a doubt the most dominant LT I've ever seen. He was so well rounded and athletic its unbelievable.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My all time favorite player is Larry Allen, and that's because he was so damn dominant. He was the closest thing I've seen to a perfect player, barely edging out Ray Lewis IMO. There was nothing that he was weak at. Everybody knows him for his tremendous strength, but his footwork, hip movement, and speed were off the charts as well. He also managed to dominate at three different positions as well, and he shut down every player he went up against. I remember seeing him own Sapp and Strahan like they played college ball. Larry was more than just a beast. He was a football god.

Of course there was also some other great O-lineman I've seen as well. Pace, Ogden, Will Shields, Mawae, Nate Newton, Erik Williams, Walter Jones, Bruce Matthews, etc.

As far as D-line goes, I gotta say that Reggie White was....well he was pretty damn great too. Same with Bruce Smith. Strahan was always remarkable to me because he was so complete. A ton of the league's top pass rushers are just good enough to make 14-17 good plays against the passer in the season. They don't show up against the run, nor do they really pressure the passer consistently outside of getting a few sacks every now and then. Strahan was great against the pass, but you couldn't run at him either. He was the prototype DE that many needed and wanted. Outside of Reggie White and Bruce Smith though, Simeon Rice might be the best pass rusher I have watched. He was not just speedy, but he had some real good instincts on getting to the QB.

For the DTs I"m going with John Randle, Sapp, Leon Lett(dumb but really damn good), La'Roi Glover, Ted Washington, and Bryant Young.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Yes he did. But it wasn't becuase he missed the the XP, its because Jose Cortez, the kicker, started blaming and screaming at the longsnapper for a bad snap, and Larry Allen to had to start regulating. We cut Cortez the next day IIRC.
I thought that happened with the 9ers?
Old 10-30-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
just to throw in a few other names (sad it took to page 2 for anyone to even mention munoz, while john hannah was getting mentions on page 1)...

gary zimmerman.
mike webster (best c ever?).
mike munchak (bruce was better, but worth a mention).
Backhanded complement there towards John Hannah? Still the best guard i've ever seen.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I thought that happened with the 9ers?
I'm pretty sure it was with us, we were playing the niners at the time though. I can't find a pic or video anywhere right now.

Edit#2: got it

Last edited by Paul : 10-30-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm pretty sure it was with us, we were playing the niners at the time though. I can't find a pic or video anywhere right now.

Edit#2: got it

Lol Cortez got pwned. But yeah, i knew there was a reason why i thought it was with the 9ers.