Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-30-2009, 02:22 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Going to college in the USA

Hi all...

I have the hope of going over around this time next year to the USA and am hoping to attend college, haven't really decided on what I wish to study but Law and Medicine are the two at the top of the list.

Basically I am looking for any information that anyone can give about how one goes about applying from overseas, what tests and the like I would need to undertake for grading purposes and so forth.

Basic information on me is that I have a Bachelor of Commerce(basically business) already from over here in Australia. I will 25 next year. I have US Citizenship so that is not an issue. Preferably I would like to play football for whatever school I go to(practice squad is cool with me). Not sure if any of this impacts anything, just figure the more you guys know the more you can help.

Feel free to ask any questions, point me to links on info that seems relevant and thanks in advance...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:23 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How important is playing football to you?
Old 10-30-2009, 02:58 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

University of Tennesee, then you can party with me and buy me booze since you're ancient.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:00 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How important is playing football to you?
I'd like to give it a go but just having the opportunity to walk on and have a tryout would be enough or even to be involved with a football team. Basically I want a college with a football team that it is possible to be involved with.

Main thing is finding out how I go about applying and what is involved in getting to that step also the choices in regards to size of college and what the main differences are. Finding this information for international students hasn't been easy so I figured that some of you guys might be able to help out.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 10-30-2009, 03:01 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
University of Tennesee, then you can party with me and buy me booze since you're ancient.
Oh come on... I'm not that old... at least not at heart.

Certainly down with the partying and boozing idea though.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 10-30-2009, 03:03 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Oh come on... I'm not that old... at least not at heart.

Certainly down with the partying and boozing idea though.
Works for me, I'm sure Kiffin has a spot for you.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:13 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you looking to get into a top notch law school?
Old 10-30-2009, 03:27 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Are you looking to get into a top notch law school?
At the moment I'm leaning more towards the medicine track with law as the fall back but I would like to go the best school possible obviously, I'm just not sure how an Australian HS or University degree and its grades would position me in this regard so was hoping to find out.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 10-30-2009, 03:57 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm heading to the US next year on a six-month exchange!

If you call the USA consulate in Australia they have a special department which is free for students. It basically outlines all your options and will tell you exactly what you need to do in order to go overseas (ie tests etc).

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:07 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Thanks Caddy, that sounds really helpful, will have to give them a call :)

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 10-30-2009, 04:30 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Thanks Caddy, that sounds really helpful, will have to give them a call :)
Yeah I went there a few weeks ago and they seemed really helpful about all of it. They want you to go to America so they try and give you as much information as possible.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:30 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wherever you end up, find me and bring me some Toohey's New

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:05 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome to the US of A, wogitalia. Even if you're already a citizen.

If you've already received a degree I don't think the NCAA allows you to play FB. There are exemptions of course......

2 words here: Stanford University. A grad degree from there is golden in the Golden State. And ~66% of its students are from countries other than the US, & 39% of Santa Clara Co., CA was born outside the country.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
They want you to go to America so they try and give you as much information as possible.
Maybe they just wanted you to leave? :)
Old 10-30-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you looking to get a Masters or are you trying to get another Bachelors degree?
Old 10-30-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
I second this motion. Me and Hawk run UT.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:44 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go to Stanford.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:48 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you like things like the best business network, weather, and girls, you should go to SC. Because it is the best.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:45 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Welcome to the US of A, wogitalia. Even if you're already a citizen.
I'm not there yet :) Just my grand plan.

Quote:
If you've already received a degree I don't think the NCAA allows you to play FB. There are exemptions of course......
This had crossed my mind at one point, hoping that because it wasn't in the USA that it wont count towards eligibility, that is the kind of thing to worry about once I get there, even if it does count, I did a 3 year degree so may still have a year.

Quote:
2 words here: Stanford University. A grad degree from there is golden in the Golden State. And ~66% of its students are from countries other than the US, & 39% of Santa Clara Co., CA was born outside the country.
I actually visited Stanford when I was over in 2001, real nice campus and the place was just sweet, given that I have family in CA Stanford is one of several that I would really like to go to, has pretty steep entry requirements though iirc.

Quote:
Wherever you end up, find me and bring me some Toohey's New
Of all our beers you want me to bring you that crap? Really? Thats one of the cheap and nastys.

Quote:
Are you looking to get a Masters or are you trying to get another Bachelors degree?
Right now I'm looking at doing some kind of premed with the intention of going on with that. Not 100% certain on how the system works regarding that, want to do some stuff in languages as well, pretty open outside that.

Quote:
If you like things like the best business network, weather, and girls, you should go to SC. Because it is the best.
SC is another that I would love to go to and again it's a matter of being able to get in.

Cheers for all the help, the positive is I still have basically a year to sort it all out :) cause it just isn't that easy.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 10-31-2009, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just remember: wrap it before you tap it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:51 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! An Australian Vikings fan in the states. Help me kick Caddy's ass when you get here.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:47 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! An Australian Vikings fan in the states. Help me kick Caddy's ass when you get here.
Vikes we've been through this already... (BTW Aussies stick together!)

Old 11-03-2009, 05:48 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going over next year on holidays for three weeks, LA, Ari and Vegas probably.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Vikes we've been through this already... (BTW Aussies stick together!)
Vikings fans stick together first!

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:27 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Vikings fans stick together first!
This is a really tough situation :) I think Vikings fans trumps Aussies when it comes to Packers or Bears, otherwise I think the Aussie comrade would win.

Props to BK on the sig!