Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Spit NO

Rank your Top 5 QBs:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Tom Brady
4. Ben Roethlisberger
5. Aaron Rodgers
Old 10-30-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Phillip Rivers is #5, not Rodgers.

Also I would've argued McNabb prior to this season but McNabb isn't performing very well this year.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers and Rodgers are both really close for me. Rodgers does some pretty righteous things with the crap line he has in front of him. I think I put Rodgers ahead of Rivers but only slightly.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you Aaron Rodgers' cousin??

Philip Rivers, Carson Palmer, and Curt Warner wanna have a 'talk' with Rodgers in parking lot.

Top 4 is fine, that 5th slot is NOT Rodgers.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Spit NO

Seems like my Aaron Rodgers pick is drawing some criticism. I think he's clearly a top-tier QB in the NFL now.

I can see an argument for Rivers but I think these stats are telling for Rodgers:

Old 10-30-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
carson palmer can talk to someone about top five when he plays more than one complete game. curt warner can piss off, as he's not, afaik, an actual nfl quarterback.
Yah, as a Bengals fan I might be tempted to put Palmer in top 5 after last game if I was a super homer, but realistically he hasn't played at a top 5 level in 2-3 years now and needs to put together an elite season to get back there.

Anyways, I think we've ranked the top 5 QB's enough this off season that we could wait till next off season to do it :)
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spit NO View Post
Seems like my Aaron Rodgers pick is drawing some criticism. I think he's clearly a top-tier QB in the NFL now.

I can see an argument for Rivers but I think these stats are telling for Rodgers:

check mate.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

The first guy nailed it imo.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.Manning
2.Brady
3.Brees

After this you could slot in a bunch of guys....A-Rod, Rivers, Roethlisberger etc.
Personally I'd put Rodgers 4th right now but that could be my homerism. The guy is legit though. If he takes this team deep in the playoffs this year all of a sudden everyone will have him ranked 4th.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For someone who's started for less than 2 years, it's really difficult to put them in the top 5 when they haven't produced as long as other QBs equally if not more talented.

Curt Warner BTW is/will be a HOFer. For someone to say he's not even an NFL QB sounds kinda personal to me.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
For someone who's started for less than 2 years, it's really difficult to put them in the top 5 when they haven't produced as long as other QBs equally if not more talented.

Curt Warner BTW is/will be a HOFer. For someone to say he's not even an NFL QB sounds kinda personal to me.
It's Kurt Warner, not Curt Warner. Curt Warner is not an NFL QB.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Drew Brees
2. Peyton Manning
3. Tom Brady
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Philip Rivers

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You mean
Kirk Warner?

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he said that because you (continue) to spell his name wrong.

Curt Warner played running back for the Seahawks.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers was the league leader last year in touchdowns and passer rating with 4000+ yards. 34/11. This year he is on pace to do even better. Rodgers is good but I don't think there's even an argument. He hasn't been around long enough (to do things like win playoff games, or go to them) and the O-line is a weak argument because Rivers' O-line is also completely awful.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Rivers was the league leader last year in touchdowns and passer rating with 4000+ yards. 34/11. This year he is on pace to do even better. Rodgers is good but I don't think there's even an argument. He hasn't been around long enough (to do things like win playoff games, or go to them) and the O-line is a weak argument because Rivers' O-line is also completely awful.
Rivers O-line isn't good....but Rodgers' is Redskins line bad...or David Carr career ruining line bad... or sign Kwame Harris because even he'd help out bad.

Okay, not that last one but you get the idea.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Rivers O-line isn't good....but Rodgers' is Redskins line bad...or David Carr career ruining line bad... or sign Kwame Harris because even he'd help out bad.

Okay, not that last one but you get the idea.
Jesus don't even mention Kwame Harris. I do not think comparing how awful the O-lines are is a good way to compare QBs...it is basically admitting that football is a team game, which is bad for any Top 5 ranking thread.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Jesus don't even mention Kwame Harris. I do not think comparing how awful the O-lines are is a good way to compare QBs...it is basically admitting that football is a team game, which is bad for any Top 5 ranking thread.
Agreed. I just had to point out how bad our line has been so far this season.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok the Packers line is terrible, but to say it's Redskins bad is too much. Friggin I was 400 pounds last year Mike Williams is our best O-lineman. Our center can't even snap a shotgun snap without hitting his own cheeks. Our LT is slow and for a 300 pound man has legs skinnier than Desean Jackson. Our RG was a mediocre center, in college. Levi Jones was just signed out of obscurity last week and stepped in to be our most talented O-lineman.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Dirk360 smells like sex panther.Dirk360 smells like sex panther.

1. tom brady (ice cold in clutch, inconsistent deep ball, compensates for an average line)
2. peyton (puts up the numbers, very important to team, chokes hard)
3. rivers (dynamic vertical passer, his coach is a born loser, fiery)
4. brees (scary accurate, doesnt win in playoffs, inflated stats)
5. warner (dynamic before the snap, has two terrfic wideouts, plays big when it matter most)

Last edited by Dirk360 : 10-30-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Dirk360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Ok the Packers line is terrible, but to say it's Redskins bad is too much. Friggin I was 400 pounds last year Mike Williams is our best O-lineman. Our center can't even snap a shotgun snap without hitting his own cheeks. Our LT is slow and for a 300 pound man has legs skinnier than Desean Jackson. Our RG was a mediocre center, in college. Levi Jones was just signed out of obscurity last week and stepped in to be our most talented O-lineman.
Yes, I exaggerated. The Skins line is depressingly bad. That team's good defense and skill players are getting wasted this year because of that line and JC.

Old 10-30-2009, 03:00 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
he said that because you (continue) to spell his name wrong.

Curt Warner played running back for the Seahawks.
Kurt Warner.

Geez. Talk about a bunch of uptight football fans.

Shahin, you really think I was referencing RB who retired from the NFL 19 years ago??

Mistakes, man. Please don't freak.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 10-30-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kurt Warner.

Geez. Talk about a bunch of uptight football fans.

Shahin, you really think I was referencing RB who retired from the NFL 19 years ago??

Mistakes, man. Please don't freak.
Don't take it personally, you just looked like a douche out there. :)

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
You mean
Kirk Warner?
I think you mean Kurt Winter?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I think you mean Kurt Winter?
You're thinking of the baskbetball coach. Tex Winter.