Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-30-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
You're thinking of the baskbetball coach. Tex Winter.
Tex Winter was a Bocce Ball Hall of Famer in the Argentina league. The baskbetball coach was Lex "The T-Rex" Muncher.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno. I don't think Kurt Kittner is a top 5 QB right now. He was decent in college, but he has a long way to go.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
Don't take it personally, you just looked like a douche out there. :)
You're clowning on me cause I wrote 'Curt', instead of 'Kurt', pretending as if I confused the Cardinals QB with the retired 'hawks RB, but I'm the one who looks like a douche??

Happy Pumpkin Day!!

Hope you get lots of candy tonight.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
You're clowning on me cause I wrote 'Curt', instead of 'Kurt', pretending as if I confused the Cardinals QB with the retired 'hawks RB, but I'm the one who looks like a douche??

Happy Pumpkin Day!!

hey, you're the one that thinks Curtis Painter is a top 5 QB. calm down.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.f...mily-crest.htm

now available for $18.93

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Peyton Manning
2) Tom Brady
3) Ben Roethlisberger
4) Drew Brees
5) Carson Palmer

I go with champions. (I know insert Lion's joke here!)
1-2-3 all have put teams on their backs to win it & Brees may be on track this year to do just that with those Saints. Rodgers, Warner, McNabb, Favre, Rivers would round out my top 10.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post

Happy Pumpkin Day!!

Let it go, friend. And people typically go trick-or-treating on Halloween, the 31st.

And to keep this semi-relevant:
1. Peyton
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Big Ben
5. Rodgers

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As of right now including previous body of work
1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Brett Favre
5. Kurt Warner

based on only this season
1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Matt Schaub
5. Kyle Orton/Brett Favre

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-30-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Phillip Rivers
5. Matt Ryan
Old 10-30-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Dirk360 smells like sex panther.Dirk360 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
As of right now including previous body of work
1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Brett Favre
5. Kurt Warner

based on only this season
1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Matt Schaub
5. Kyle Orton/Brett Favre
there is no way that orton and shuab have outplayed the guy down in foxboro. shaub gets aton of yards after the catch.
Dirk360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk360 View Post
there is no way that orton and shuab have outplayed the guy down in foxboro. shaub gets aton of yards after the catch.
So does Brady. That being said, I still agree with you.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
So does Brady. That being said, I still agree with you.
not really. matt cassel got an ABSURD amount of yards after the catch. like 56 percent of his yards came after the catch. it was like nuts bro. that arizona game last year he got like 270 yards after the catch.

brady does a ton of things that cant be measured. sets the protection, knows all the favorable matchups, knows refs favorite calls, knows where his receiver will be and when he will get there, and he can make the throws into the tight windows.

Last edited by Dirk360 : 10-30-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Quote:
yeah i like Tom Brady and he's on my fantasy team. his last couple of games have been impressive, but this is the only time orton and schaub will be able to compete in this category so i'm letting them enjoy it. plus i have to discount the game against tennessee. the titans played like heartless 8th graders and i feel i could have done better against brady. tom will be back up there at the end of the year, but not yet.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-30-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
yeah i like Tom Brady and he's on my fantasy team. his last couple of games have been impressive, but this is the only time orton and schaub will be able to compete in this category so i'm letting them enjoy it. plus i have to discount the game against tennessee. the titans played like heartless 8th graders and i feel i could have done better against brady. tom will be back up there at the end of the year, but not yet.
you cant just discount games big man. i mean, the guy was throwing through 15 mph winds down the field. plus, peyton didnt play this good in ideal conditions against this team.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spit NO View Post

If only Aaron Rodgers had an offense line.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
If only Aaron Rodgers had an offense line.
i find it a tad hard to believe that his line is that bad if he is putting up those kinds of numbers.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
or, this year, miss horribly on easy passes (see: vs. denver, to welker for the win). sorry, he's not a top 5 quarterback right now for the same reasons palmer isn't.

(note: i'm NOT arguing that orton has been better, just that this is a specious argument for brady, based fully on past rather than present production)
i played receiver for 6 years and from my point of view that looked like welker was supposed to sit down at the first down marker. thats how it looks when you have mistakes though. i can easily just name two stick throws in the vertical game. the 2 tds throws to watson were pretty decent.

just curious but which guys are playing at such a high level that trump this guy (and im not a fan of his pretty boy chracter)

1. peyton
2. brees

then who? favre? he has just as many talented players around him as brady. schaub cant be trusted in the 4th quarter. orton cant attack the vertical portion of the field. rodgers? fine. big ben? i cant stand his sandlottting reactionary play and his inability to read defenses pre snap. eli is a mistake player. i like palmers game.

Last edited by Dirk360 : 10-30-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
not really. matt cassel got an ABSURD amount of yards after the catch. like 56 percent of his yards came after the catch. it was like nuts bro. that arizona game last year he got like 270 yards after the catch.
http://hosted.stats.com/fb/leaders.a...e=NFL&rank=230

Here it is for you. Brady and Schaub are #2 and #3 in YAC [QBs]. No surprise that the majority of great QBs are at the top of this passing category, so I don't really hold it against them.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Phillip Rivers
5. Matt Ryan
Matt Ryan top five? Child please. When will the crush for him stop!?
QBs undoubtedly better than him this season...
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
matt shaub
Brett Favre
Kyle Orton
Big Ben
Phillip Rivers

Qb I'd almost certianly put ahead.
Joe Flacco
Romo
E Manning
Carson Palmer

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
http://hosted.stats.com/fb/leaders.a...e=NFL&rank=230

Here it is for you. Brady and Schaub are #2 and #3 in YAC [QBs]. No surprise that the majority of great QBs are at the top of this passing category, so I don't really hold it against them.
hmm, i stand corrected. good work bro.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Spit NO

Orton is outperforming Brady this season? I'll admit I haven't seen all of their games but that definitely does not coincide with what I've seen this season.

I mean, is there even an argument that Denver wouldn't be a better team with Brady instead of Orton? I just don't see it.

I would be interested in seeing your Top 5. I don't think Orton belongs on that list even if we're basing it off this year alone.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see Orton seriously charting on anyone's top 5, really even top 10.

The big change between last year and this year in Denver is the quantum leap they've made on defense. I can't remember too many games where Orton had to carry the Broncos to a victory.
For half of Denver's games Orton has thrown for a whopping 1 TD. Yeah he's efficient, manages the game and doesn't make mistakes, but does that automatically make him a top 5 QB?

When the Broncos are playing at the level they are on defense, McDaniels doesn't need a QB who throws for 5000 yards/40 TDs anyway.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 10-30-2009 at 10:26 PM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i find it a tad hard to believe that his line is that bad if he is putting up those kinds of numbers.
Week 1: Adewale Ogunleye - 2 sacks - Week 1 sack leader (t)
Week 2: Antwon Odom - 5 sacks - Week 2 sack leader
Week 3: Leonard Little - 2 sacks - Week 3 sack leader (t)
Week 4: Jared Allen - 4.5 sacks - Week 4 sack leader
Week 5: Bye
Week 6: Julian Peterson - 2.5 sacks - Week 6 sack leader

Yeah, it's that bad.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You must not watch the Packers play this season.

Their line is awful. I'm pretty sure if the NFL made a special exception to allow Rodgers to just hold the ball and yell, "Hike!" ala school yard rules, that he would have more protection.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Week 1: Adewale Ogunleye - 2 sacks - Week 1 sack leader (t)
Week 2: Antwon Odom - 5 sacks - Week 2 sack leader
Week 3: Leonard Little - 2 sacks - Week 3 sack leader (t)
Week 4: Jared Allen - 4.5 sacks - Week 4 sack leader
Week 5: Bye
Week 6: Julian Peterson - 2.5 sacks - Week 6 sack leader

Yeah, it's that bad.
Not vs Cleveland!

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote