Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it all comes down to how many games has orton lost this year? brady's early season performance against the jets can not be ignored. however anybody wants to look at individual games with orton, his team still won and he did what he was asked to do. plus i believe that orton actually outplayed brady head to head. and yes things would have been different had the patriots won the coin toss, but those are the breaks in life. orton's execution of his main objective has been 100% so far. victory, which incidentally only gets him to a tie for 5th on my list.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Belicheck didn't make the necessary defensive adjustments. Orton was throwing short slants,comebacks and crossing routes all day,and Belicheck refused to let them come up and press. When they actually did do that,the pressure was getting to Orton.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

Jamarcus Russell
Jake Delhomme
Michael Vick
Byron Leftwich
Shaun Hill
Old 10-31-2009, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Dirk360 smells like sex panther.Dirk360 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
it all comes down to how many games has orton lost this year? brady's early season performance against the jets can not be ignored. however anybody wants to look at individual games with orton, his team still won and he did what he was asked to do. plus i believe that orton actually outplayed brady head to head. and yes things would have been different had the patriots won the coin toss, but those are the breaks in life. orton's execution of his main objective has been 100% so far. victory, which incidentally only gets him to a tie for 5th on my list.
theres no doubt that orton outplayed brady but that doesnt make him a better qb. i mean, brady got outplayed by sanchez too. otherwise, brady has outplayed flacco and ryan.
Dirk360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:46 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk360 View Post
i find it a tad hard to believe that his line is that bad if he is putting up those kinds of numbers.
Not sure if this is serious?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
You must not watch the Packers play this season.

Their line is awful. I'm pretty sure if the NFL made a special exception to allow Rodgers to just hold the ball and yell, "Hike!" ala school yard rules, that he would have more protection.
Roethlisbergers been dealing with that for 3 years now. since 05 this is the first year his OL is remotely holding up.

Yeah he holds the ball long periods of time and such but I'm tired of hearing OL as an excuse.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Aaron Rogers
5. Phillip Rivers

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ill take Warner any day over Rodgers or Rivers

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
ill take Warner any day over Rodgers or Rivers
good for you

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Week 1: Adewale Ogunleye - 2 sacks - Week 1 sack leader (t)
Week 2: Antwon Odom - 5 sacks - Week 2 sack leader
Week 3: Leonard Little - 2 sacks - Week 3 sack leader (t)
Week 4: Jared Allen - 4.5 sacks - Week 4 sack leader
Week 5: Bye
Week 6: Julian Peterson - 2.5 sacks - Week 6 sack leader

Yeah, it's that bad.
haha anyone can admit that this is hilarious.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief49er View Post
Jamarcus Russell
Jake Delhomme
Michael Vick
Byron Leftwich
Shaun Hill
Brad Edwards, Daunte Culpepper and Seneca Wallace want in.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Raider_fan_Canada
Rookie

Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.

I dont know, there are so many good ones if you think about it. Im not sure there is a purpose to making a top 3, top 5, top 10, etc. There are a lot of QBs that I would love to build my franchise around and know they are good enough to win a Super Bowl one day. After that said how they are viewed is a reflection of the teams performance around them, the great games that will cement their legacy and other intangible factors.
Raider_fan_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1a. Tom Brady (He has the rings, he wins, and looks like he is back to form.)

1b. Peyton Manning (Looks the best of his career, amazingly)

3. Drew Brees (Great find for the Saints, and he fits the system in NO so well)

4. Ben Roethlisberger (Call me a homer if you want, but he is a Top 5 QB, not a Top 5 "passer". He wins, 2nd most rings of a starting QB)

5. Aaron Rodgers (just my opinion, love the way he plays)

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those sack numbers against Rodgers are a joke

Most of those players are average

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not most, all of them besides Allen

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
carson palmer can talk to someone about top five when he plays more than one complete game. curt warner can piss off, as he's not, afaik, an actual nfl quarterback.
I knew when I came into this thread someone was going to be mentioning Carson Palmer as honorable mention, if not into their own top 5, I just didn't expect to see it so soon.

For some reason people have no problems annointing him when he's yet to prove worthy of it, other then being drafted high and having elite physical attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
49ers1984
Rookie

49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I knew when I came into this thread someone was going to be mentioning Carson Palmer as honorable mention, if not into their own top 5, I just didn't expect to see it so soon.

For some reason people have no problems annointing him when he's yet to prove worthy of it, other then being drafted high and having elite physical attributes.
I agree I never understood these people who call Carson Palmer an elite qb? A few years ago yes not now.
49ers1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Spit NO

Quote:
i don't have a problem with that. but brady doesn't belong there, either.
Posting your Top 5 would add validity to your argument because you claim a bunch of guys don't belong but you haven't said who does belong.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Those sack numbers against Rodgers are a joke

Most of those players are average
that's just how bad that line is.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
that's just how bad that line is.
Dosen't help that the starting LT has been out a good portion of the season. But yea, it's been bad.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Spit NO

Quote:
i'll happily post my top 5 when i've seen every qb in the league at least once. until then, it seems sort of silly.
So how can you say Brady isn't in the top 5 unless you can name 5 QBs ahead of him?
Old 11-01-2009, 02:12 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spit NO View Post
So how can you say Brady isn't in the top 5 unless you can name 5 QBs ahead of him?
He's saying he knows 5 QB's ahead of Brady, but doesn't know the top 5. They're not necessarily the same. Brady could be 6th, or he could be 7th, 8th, 9th and so on. He's just not sure because he hasn't seen every QB play.

I don't necessarily agree, Brady is an excellent QB and it's extremely hard to argue him out of the top 5. However, I get what he's saying and respect it.

edit: I could be wrong, I'm not trying to be the interpreter for njx9, just telling you what I took away from his post.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
http://hosted.stats.com/fb/leaders.a...e=NFL&rank=230

Here it is for you. Brady and Schaub are #2 and #3 in YAC [QBs]. No surprise that the majority of great QBs are at the top of this passing category, so I don't really hold it against them.

I want to reiterate this link, for all the people saying that the Saints' "system" inflates Drew Brees' yards. I'd love to hear exactly how it inflates it, if he is only 14th in yards after the catch.

It's a system that inflates your stats if you can fit the ball into really tight windows down field. :D
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
As of right now including previous body of work
1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Brett Favre
5. Kurt Warner

based on only this season
1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Matt Schaub
5. Kyle Orton/Brett Favre
Wait...holdon, are you saying best careers above?
Favre would have to be far ahead of brees.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Romo.