Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-23-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Should I buy a Melo jersey? I feel like if I do I will sadly be seen as a bandwagon fan(which Im not)
Sure go ahead band wagoner lol. No seriously if you got the $ do it I think its safe to say he will be here for a while.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad I came home in time to catch the ending. I'm definitely going to have to tune into more games now.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a fun game to watch. I'm glad Toney Douglas stepped up because we're going to need him, Melo had a nice debut (double double) and we still have that guy named Amare Stoudemire. Also, the Chauncey Billups chants were nice to hear.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:18 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This team had absolutely no chemistry and we need a starting C bad.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
This team had absolutely no chemistry and we need a starting C bad.
It was their first game so what did you expect? They didn't practice either.

And yes, we do need a C in the worst of ways.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-23-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
It was their first game so what did you expect? They didn't practice either.

And yes, we do need a C in the worst of ways.
I didn't expect any I was just stating the facts. If I was harping on negatives of the teams play my post would be a lot longer.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:08 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Deron trade has me depressed. I'd so much have rather tried to trade Chandler, Felton, AR, pick and one of Mozgov/Gallo/Fields for Deron and seen if Melo would wait until the summer to form a title contender. Now we're stuck praying that New Orleans lets Paul leave for the Knicks and that injuries don't end Paul and Amar'e's careers before that trio has a chance to win even one ring...I'm so disappointed right now...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
The Deron trade has me depressed. I'd so much have rather tried to trade Chandler, Felton, AR, pick and one of Mozgov/Gallo/Fields for Deron and seen if Melo would wait until the summer to form a title contender. Now we're stuck praying that New Orleans lets Paul leave for the Knicks and that injuries don't end Paul and Amar'e's careers before that trio has a chance to win even one ring...I'm so disappointed right now...
Yeah, but there is still a good chance that Deron will end up leaving the Nets. Unless they can surround him with another key player or two, why wouldn't he leave for a team like the Knicks?
Old 02-24-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's going to be Paul in the end. I don't know how but I'd bet a good amount of money he'll get here eventually.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It's going to be Paul in the end. I don't know how but I'd bet a good amount of money he'll get here eventually.
I feel the same way. All the pieces are falling into place. It sounds like Amare, Melo, and Paul have been planning this for awhile.

I mean seriously, Amare sent Melo his wedding gift wrapped in Knicks giftwrap before he even signed here.

And Paul made a toast about how they'll form a big 3 with the Knicks during the wedding.

That's not a coincidence. It can't be.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
You were depressed before the Derron trade even went down. I don't get it, now is the best time to be a Knicks fan in over 10 years and now you're depressed and want to ignore basketball again?

Let's be real, you just miss Gallo.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Regarding last night's game, we clearly have a lot of work to do. The chemistry isn't there. And with Billups running the point, we'll be more of a half court offense.

They'll mesh with time. Like I said in the past though, this year isn't a concern to me. This move was made as a long term decision, and the dividends will show starting next year.

One thing I underestimated was how Melo's ability to rebound is key for us right now. Melo is a very good rebounder. We still need that Center badly though.

No one is gonna sit here and say Mozgov was a great or even good player, but losing him still hurts bc he was a nice affordable solution with upside at Center.

But now we just have to look for somebody, anybody, to fill the void in the offseason.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You were depressed before the Derron trade even went down. I don't get it, now is the best time to be a Knicks fan in over 10 years and now you're depressed and want to ignore basketball again?

Let's be real, you just miss Gallo.
I don't think Rosebud is the guy to be harping on considering he was one of the only Knicks fans that I know of here who watched a lot of the games even when they were complete dog ****.

Melo didn't have a great game last night, but it was nice to see Douglas step up a bit with the bench short. I'm not a huge fan of Dougie's offense but he plays great D so that can be an asset to us in the future. He just can't play PG.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I don't think Rosebud is the guy to be harping on considering he was one of the only Knicks fans that I know of here who watched a lot of the games even when they were complete dog ****.

Melo didn't have a great game last night, but it was nice to see Douglas step up a bit with the bench short. I'm not a huge fan of Dougie's offense but he plays great D so that can be an asset to us in the future. He just can't play PG.
Rose knows I love him. No h0mo.

I'm just trying to get him pumped up, I mean, why wouldn't you be? The Knicks finally have some legit talent, now more than ever we should be excited.

There was too much emotional attachment on this board to our old players. Seriously who cares. They were collateral damage. The fact that the team was overhauled and only 1 player remains from last year speaks volumes about what kind of roster we had.

And let's face it, we were 28-26. Those players weren't that good. Now we finally have 2 guys we can build around.

Melo shot poorly, it's understandable. First night with a new team, he definitely had jitters. I love the fact that we finally have a closer. Now when the game is on the line, we know who's shooting the ball.

Billups played better than I thought as well. Maybe he can do a better job than I initially thought as the caretaker until CP3 comes here.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am pretty sure maybe as early as next game (@cavslol) the chemistry will look alot better, I don't think Billups will have a hard time picking up the offense.

He made a smooth pass to Amare at the FL making it look they have played together. Landy Fields is probably in glory right now.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Let's all hope Fields works on his jump shot this offseason. He's our last movable asset.

We need him to boost his stock as much as possible.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Agreed. Actually, I was listening to Nick Cannon's radio show the other day and over All Star weekend he talked to Paul and Melo. He said that Paul in an indirect statement said he wants to be a Knick.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-24-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let's all hope Fields works on his jump shot this offseason. He's our last movable asset.

We need him to boost his stock as much as possible.
Not a Landry fan?
Go Amare.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Not a Landry fan?
Love him. But he may be more collateral damage in the future if we desperately need a Center and have no alternative but to trade him for one.

Either way, whether he stays or gets traded, it can only help us if he works on that jump shot.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Well hasn't he started all year pretty much?

I guess that jumper needs some work, but we could get a solid C in FA im thinking or the draft. Landry looks to be a starting 2 guard but if he was playing elsewhere he prob wouldn't be on the map as much. They shouldn't trade him at all, if that CP3 talk is true then I mean wait for him.. he'll come. Then you really won't have role players if they let guys like him go.
Go Amare.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Yeah I hear you. What kind of Center can we get without breaking the bank though?

That's why losing Mozgov hurts so much. We really needed to be firm and keep Mozgov, but Dolan really screwed that up.

We'd be golden right now if we had Mozzy.

I wonder if Torat will ever be available.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Who is Torat?
Old 02-24-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Tough call, I mean looking at it on ESPN.. it looks slim.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-11-12

Ben Wallace wouldn't be too bad, Tyson Chandler? eeeeeeeh. Nenad Krystic...Dalembertt? <-- all would be better than what we have now.

Denver just had to snag the Moz, and who is Torat?!
Go Amare.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Gortat. My bad. Torat lulz.

He kind of sucks, I wonder if we'd be able to package something for him. We just need a big body in there.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Gortat. My bad. Torat lulz.

He kind of sucks, I wonder if we'd be able to package something for him. We just need a big body in there.
Acquiring Gortat would kill our small chance of acquiring Paul.