Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was at the game when Albert Haynesworth tangoed on Gurode's forehead. That was also VY's first career start.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
DexterM
Rookie

DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

All the people defending Ward:

I'm sure you guys as fans know better than the people actually playing against him. :roll:
DexterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_fan_Canada View Post
Kevin Mawae is the NFLPA president. Who else finds it funny that he's in the top 5?
His reputation was garnered while he was with the Jets, and it's followed him to Tennessee. Mawae's still not a saint, but I betcha the players who picked him are defensive lineman over the age of 28. He was only just recently appointed NFLPA President last offseason too.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol, just so you guys know, most of the guys you mentioned also popped up on the list. Here's the top 10:

1. Hines Ward - WR - Pittsburgh Steelers
2. (tied) Joey Porter - OLB - Miami Dolphins
2. (tied) Albert Haynesworth - DT - Washington Redskins
4. Roy Williams - SS - Cincinnati Bengals
5. Kevin Mawae - C - Tennessee Titans
6. Cortland Finnegan - CB - Tennessee Titans
7. Richie Incognito - OG - St. Louis Rams
8. Harvey Dahl - OG - Atlanta Falcons
9. Troy Polamalu - SS - Pittsburgh Steelers
10. Jared Allen - DE - Minnesota Vikings

Source: http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/11/04/p...rtiest-player/

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:13 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Lol, just so you guys know, most of the guys you mentioned also popped up on the list. Here's the top 10:

Finny ain't dirty! He's just...fiesty.

Totally different! :D

I almost suggested him though...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:18 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow 2 Steelers players. I never would have thought Troy as dirty. I guess going 110 makes u dirty.

Same with Finny
Old 11-05-2009, 02:04 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Wow 2 Steelers players. I never would have thought Troy as dirty. I guess going 110 makes u dirty.

Same with Finny
And not one damn Raven made the list... ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:42 AM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nfls-dirtiest/

A Sports Illustrated poll of NFL players has found that Hines Ward is considered by his colleagues to be the dirtiest player in the league, with Albert Haynesworth and Joey Porter tied for second.

The question, "Who is the dirtiest player in the league?'' was asked of 296 players during training camp this summer, and Ward, the Steelers' wide receiver, got 11.6 percent of the vote, according to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Haynesworth, the Redskins defensive tackle who as a Tennessee Titan in 2006 received a five-game suspension for stepping on the helmetless head of Cowboys center Andre Gurode, got 6 percent of the vote. Porter, the Dolphins' linebacker, also got 6 percent.

Rounding out the Top 5 (or should it be Bottom 5?) are Bengals safety Roy Williams, who got 5.1 percent of the vote, and Titans center Kevin Mawae, with 4.6% percent.
The players got it right. Ward is by far the dirtiest player in the NFL.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:05 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordofi View Post
The players got it right. Ward is by far the dirtiest player in the NFL.
does anyone no the ratio of offensive players to defensive players
Old 11-05-2009, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
And not one damn Raven made the list... ;)
I am actually kind of surprised Suggs wasnt on the end of the list. He has done some dirty and dumb stuff. Like in the vikings game we stopped them on 3rd down then he just shoved a offensive lineman over a pile.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets turn the topic to past players...

I'm going Bill Romanowski I had such a hate for this man.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it is Troy Polamalu. I've seen him go after knees way too many times. Great player, but very dirty.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:40 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbur.../s_651611.html

Said Polamalu when asked about his supposedly dirty play, "I always do my hair before the game."

Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
does anyone no the ratio of offensive players to defensive players
And the Top 10 is 6 Defense/4 Offense.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Rodney Harrison calls the Titans the dirtiest team in the league, mainly because he got his knee hurt when Bobby Wade blocked him and hurt his knee.

Rodney. Friggin. Harrison.

I was at that game too.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-the-league/

Quote:
Harrison listened to the list of names on the list and said one stuck out.

"Kevin Mawae is dirty. He's a dirty dude."

Harrison went on to say the Titans, as a team, are the dirtiest in the league. Harrison still isn't happy about with the Titans because of a play on New Year's Eve in 2006 when receiver Bobby Wade took out Harrison's knees, injuring him for New England's playoff run. Harrison says the Titans sideline was laughing, and even coach Jeff Fisher had a smile on his face.
Reminds me of the "Code Red" accusation by Merriman where he said Jeff Fisher put out a hit on him.

EDIT: WTF? Vince Young got a vote on the Sports Illustrated poll...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 11-05-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I think it is Troy Polamalu. I've seen him go after knees way too many times. Great player, but very dirty.
You mean he dives at the ball carrier's legs just like every defensive back is taught to do.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
You mean he dives at the ball carrier's legs just like every defensive back is taught to do.
This is a horrible argument. I don't think Troy is a dirty player, but the "he plays the game hard" excuse is much better. Troy Polamalu and textbook tackling do not belong in the same sentence, unless it's "Troy Polamalu is a big hitter who rarely practices textbook tackling."
Old 11-05-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
DBs are taught to shoot at the thighs, not the knees and shins, which most of them do.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
This is a horrible argument. I don't think Troy is a dirty player, but the "he plays the game hard" excuse is much better. Troy Polamalu and textbook tackling do not belong in the same sentence, unless it's "Troy Polamalu is a big hitter who rarely practices textbook tackling."
I think it's no coincidence that many of those players also go 100% every single play, save for guys like Haynesworth. But when you see Hines Ward, he's always giving full effort even when he's not getting catches. When you see Cortland Finnegan, he's always in the WR's face no matter if he's on the #1 guy or #4. When you see Jared Allen, he's always going for the QB and doing everything he can to get that sack. Troy P is always running in 6th gear and throwing his body around like a weapon. That's part of what makes these players the best at their position.

As for the DL and OL's that made the list, I kinda like my trench guys to have a mean streak.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jared Allen...what's that? You don't mean in that sense...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds to me like a lot of sour grapes. Sure on the field there's stuff you do without meaning to in the heat of the moment and there's others who become different people on the field, but I don't think we see too many intentionally dirty tactics.

A lot of these might be stuff deemed dirty, like going for the legs, or checking extremely hard at the line, but none of that is outside of the rules, maybe outside of gentlemenly conduct, but nothing inherently miscreant.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Harrison. Douche Bag.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

joey porter needs to shut his ******* mouth

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordquas View Post
joey porter needs to shut his ******* mouth
yea but he doesn't pick on mentally handicapped kids...

and hmm I'm going with Wilfork, mainly for him trying to poke out Jacobs' eye
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Dawkins is up there as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:52 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post

Harvey Dahl's the man. He seems to get a little something of a player after the whistle. He was getting into it with Mike Singletary on the sidelines this year and had to be taken out of our victory formation against the 49ers for getting into it with defensive lineman.