Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know about the dirtiest player, but Tom Cable sure gets the dirtiest coach!
Old 11-05-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
You mean he dives at the ball carrier's legs just like every defensive back is taught to do.
Yeah, I meant exactly what I wrote. Troy goes after knees. That wasn't a complicated statement.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why Cortland Finnegan makes these lists:

Not only the talk, but things like at 2:10. I remember one game against the Panthers in '07 when he went up against Steve Smith...hope neither was miked up for that one! :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 11-22-2009 at 08:48 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Jpack18
Rookie

Jpack18 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow one hit on a Browns DB and Hines Ward gets called the dirtiest player, because i'm sure that was the only late hit in that game being as there is no rivalry between the two teams (note sarcasm). Rivers got jacked but that was a clean block. Jared is the dirtiest player IMO he got fined like 150K last year for going after QBs knees after the play.
Jpack18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Rodney Harrison calls the Titans the dirtiest team in the league, mainly because he got his knee hurt when Bobby Wade blocked him and hurt his knee.

Rodney. Friggin. Harrison.

I was at that game too.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-the-league/

Reminds me of the "Code Red" accusation by Merriman where he said Jeff Fisher put out a hit on him.

EDIT: WTF? Vince Young got a vote on the Sports Illustrated poll...

Well however you want to call it Merriman was targeted by the Titans in that game after Vince flopped after getting breathed on. The result was a couple big blindside hits and Merriman missed the entire next season after getting surgery.

It's in the past but between crap like that, Finnegan, and the rep Mawae and David Stewart have built up, it's no shock the Titans are considered dirty.

after all they rub towels in the mud. Dirty!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Well however you want to call it Merriman was targeted by the Titans in that game after Vince flopped after getting breathed on. The result was a couple big blindside hits and Merriman missed the entire next season after getting surgery.

It's in the past but between crap like that, Finnegan, and the rep Mawae and David Stewart have built up, it's no shock the Titans are considered dirty.

Yeah it has to be someone from the Titans, take your pick. They play like the old Philadelphia Flyers. Start enough stuff that the other teams gets flagged for retaliating and after awhile you cant call everything. Not saying i object cause it seems to work.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post

The Titans are dirty, but they do it within the confines of the game. And they have that, "You do something to us, and we'll return the favor two-fold" mentality. Like the Merriman block, or when Mawae went low on a Texan DL after getting an elbow to the face the play prior. It's usually the other team that'll get the penalty called after they get frustrated and lash out.

They're not obnoxious about it either like Rex Ryan.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Titans are dirty, but they do it within the confines of the game. And they have that, "You do something to us, and we'll return the favor two-fold" mentality. Like the Merriman block, or when Mawae went low on a Texan DL after getting an elbow to the face the play prior. It's usually the other team that'll get the penalty called after they get frustrated and lash out.

They're not obnoxious about it either like Rex Ryan.
Nothing is as obnoxious as a Ryan. Like i said earlier they get away with it. The ref high fiving Vince after the game to me was priceless.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Nothing is as obnoxious as a Ryan. Like i said earlier they get away with it. The ref high fiving Vince after the game to me was priceless.
I thought the High 5 was fun, and kind've shows how loose Vince is playing. Although, some fans didn't necessarily like it. Guess they've never seen Favre play. ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Finnegan video is awesome lololol.

When he pushes TO then he runs away laughing, I was dying. "You done been on like 17 different teams bra"

I would give my left and right nut to have Kevin Mawae and David Stewart. That's the two holes in our line.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:32 AM    (permalink
will99890
Rookie

will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.

Agreed, even if it comes off as cocky in some people's eyes, I think Finn just loves the game and loves the competition that comes along with it. You gotta respect someone with that kind of attitude. Guys like him are the reason we watch every Sunday.

IMO the dirtiest player would be Roy Williams (S) or Jared Allen. I know hes a beast, but I've seen Allen dive or roll into Qbs knees very late after a throw on more than one occasion. And I don't even follow the Vikes so I imagine I've missed some incidents.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roy Williams killed Tyrone Calicos career. He is the only player I wish would have a career ending injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

TO is rattled. I love it.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think some people even know what the term 'dirty player' even means if names like Hines Ward and Finnegan will pop up, even sometimes with certain tackles you can't always anticipate how a player is going to react or fall.

To me a dirty player is Vince Wilfork, a guy who well after the play will go up to a dude and poke his fingers inside their facemask at their eyes(which I've caught him do on live TV with the naked eye more then once, no telling how often he does crap like that). Every time I see him play he does something ignorant like that, not in the flow of the game when adrenaline is taking over, it will be well after the play just because he wants to be a dick.

Nobody can convince me that Hines Ward is a dirtier player then him because he'll hit the **** out of you between the whistles if your out there jogging around or not looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Not only the talk, but things like at 2:10. I remember one game against the Panthers in '07 when he went up against Steve Smith...hope neither was miked up for that one! :D
haha that was great

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My vote goes to Wilfork or John Henderson.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I don't think some people even know what the term 'dirty player' even means if names like Hines Ward and Finnegan will pop up, even sometimes with certain tackles you can't always anticipate how a player is going to react or fall.

To me a dirty player is Vince Wilfork, a guy who well after the play will go up to a dude and poke his fingers inside their facemask at their eyes(which I've caught him do on live TV with the naked eye more then once, no telling how often he does crap like that). Every time I see him play he does something ignorant like that, not in the flow of the game when adrenaline is taking over, it will be well after the play just because he wants to be a dick.

Nobody can convince me that Hines Ward is a dirtier player then him because he'll hit the **** out of you between the whistles if your out there jogging around or not looking.

I agree with you on Hines Ward. If a defensive player hit an offensive player like that, everyone is giving the defender praise. If Hines does it, it's automatically dirty and he should be labled a dirty player.

Hines doesn't care though.

Someone posted on the Steelers official message board that Brian Billick said that he wants 22 Hines Ward's on his football team. I don't disagree with him.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I agree with you on Hines Ward. If a defensive player hit an offensive player like that, everyone is giving the defender praise. If Hines does it, it's automatically dirty and he should be labled a dirty player.

Hines doesn't care though.

Someone posted on the Steelers official message board that Brian Billick said that he wants 22 Hines Ward's on his football team. I don't disagree with him.
Yeah but you could run all over that defense lol.
I dont think he was dirty (once my natural homer defense died down)
I think dirty gets confused with playing hard.
Wilfork gauges eyes (dirty)
Hines hits people in bad situations (hard but legal)

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
diesel
Rookie

diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterM View Post
All the people defending Ward:

I'm sure you guys as fans know better than the people actually playing against him. :roll:
QFT.

Also, I know this is college but don't act like Polamalu isn't a dirt bag. This kind of stuff doesn't belong in any level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac-JYp25Bx0

diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flozell Adams keeping his case alive.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:05 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Flozell Adams keeping his case alive.
Yup! He is by the far the leader in my opinion.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:10 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It has to be Flozell, i really don't hear from anybody else as consistenly as i do with him. My other vote would be for Hines Ward, its almost like he schemes in his head on how to destroy somebody
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flozell Adams is a POS. It's hard for even Cowboys fans to argue that at this point.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:13 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was drifting in and out of sleep during the Cowboys game after not sleeping at all last night. I saw that he and Tuck got into a scuffle but i don't know what he did. Can someone fill me in?
Old 12-07-2009, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flozell better get suspended for that garbage he threw yesterday.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote