Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

View Poll Results: Who ya got?
Baltimore Ravens 10 71.43%
Cincinnati Bengals 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2009, 03:00 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, they call the block in the back on Webb yet Ed Reed was clearly held in his attempt to block the punt, RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF and NO ******* CALL???? Jesus christ, I'm not one to blame the game on the refs but this is the worst officiating I've ever seen. Absolutely outrageous.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree bull crap calls by the refs, where was that PI before the K that that POS K shanked. God he sucks
Old 11-08-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
i agree bull crap calls by the refs, where was that PI before the K that that POS K shanked. God he sucks
yeah, Jonathan Joseph clearly grabbed Mason's hand on that fade to the endzone yet no call. I'm sure if that was Foxworth or Washington and the opposing WR asked for a flag, no doubt in my mind they wouldn't have called it. I know ref's don't favor teams, but it just seems like the Ravens get flagged for a lot of borderline calls yet they never get the ones that go in favor of them. Something needs to be done, but props to Cincy, they are definitely for real this year. Benson is doing a great job, there o-line is solid, and when Palmer needs to make a play, he does. Above average receiving corp as well, Jezz, can't believe that we still lost to em, if we can't beat Cincy, how the hell can we beat Pittsburgh?
Old 11-08-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Wow, they call the block in the back on Webb yet Ed Reed was clearly held in his attempt to block the punt, RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF and NO ******* CALL???? Jesus christ, I'm not one to blame the game on the refs but this is the worst officiating I've ever seen. Absolutely outrageous.
The Ravens have been vitctim of a lot worse calls. Just an absolute terrible showing by the Ravens. Can't stop the run. Can't sack the QB. Can't cover in the back end of the secondary. And the offense just can't handle pressure.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
The Ravens have been vitctim of a lot worse calls. Just an absolute terrible showing by the Ravens. Can't stop the run. Can't sack the QB. Can't cover in the back end of the secondary. And the offense just can't handle pressure.
yeah, that strategy they used against Denver ("keep everything in front of you and make solid tackles without allowing YAC") doesn't work against teams that can actually go deep on ya. Teams are continuing to abuse the Ravens vertically and even when the opposing QB overthrows the WR or we play good coverage we still manage to get called for a borderline pass interference. It's hard to watch cause whenever our offense gets one of those calls, it's never called. Something is clearly wrong with the team as a whole but I just can't put it all on one thing. Penalties, defense giving up big plays, unbalanced offensive attack, poor tackling, poor coverage. It better get fixed ASAP, cause we have NO room for error. We need to beat Pittsburgh at least once, beat Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit, Oakland, and Cleveland to get to 10-6, any fluke games and no playoffs. WE MUST beat the teams we are capable of beating. Losing to Indy and Pittsburgh(once) won't hurt as more than losing to the other teams.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

-Hauska has to go he sucks
-we had the same offensive gameplan that we did in the 1st game and it was horrible.
-we are not playing like a playoff team

-Lardarius Webb looked like an extra LB out there w/ run support. he is a beast.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We definitely were on the favorable side of the penalties, I won't deny that.

Really surprised with the lack of pressure on Carson today but you have to wonder what it would've been had Ngata been able to play.

Will be rooting for you all from here on out, you need to take it to the Steelers.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea I know traditionally you shouldnt root for your divisional opponents but I like Marvin Lewis and Ocho Cinco. If worst comes to worst I will root for you guys lol.

I dont think Ngata would have helped all that much in the pass rush, the D looked like the D that played in every game except the broncoes game.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
We definitely were on the favorable side of the penalties, I won't deny that.

Really surprised with the lack of pressure on Carson today but you have to wonder what it would've been had Ngata been able to play.

Will be rooting for you all from here on out, you need to take it to the Steelers.
Ngata is a dominate force in the run game, he is no slouch at rushing the passer either but that isn't what he is known for. I don't think him not playing had much of an affect, I think the Bengal o-line did a great job picking up the Raven blitzes but it's w/e. the games over. And yeah, I doubt we'll come close to sweeping Pittsburgh, I think we are gonna have it tough beating them once, whether its at home or away. We just aren't playing good consistent football right now.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might now be convinced that the Bengals are for real.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:06 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bengals shut down Flacco twice this year, they are for real. We already know they have a passing game and one of the league's best backs.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hauska should die...and I want my defense back...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea if Hauscka makes a easy kick we would be playing w/ only needing a touchdown to score, not a miracle play and a TD. It would have completly changed up our play calling.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yea if Hauscka makes a easy kick we would be playing w/ only needing a touchdown to score, not a miracle play and a TD. It would have completly changed up our play calling.
I'm not sure that Joe Screen Pass can move down the field in a hurry against our defense anyway, something about the striped helmets seem to disorient him. He threw a good three or four balls through the hands of Leon Hall, Chris Crocker, Chinedum Ndukwe, and later on, Brandon Johnson. I loved every time he'd look downfield, because I'm honestly not sold he has anything against our defense except a screen pass.

So, the more urgent the Ravens offense, the better.

Watching the game, the Ravens were absolutely bottled up and outplayed in every facet. It's hard for me to say the Ravens had a chance at winning, even if the field goal had gone in. Their offense was absolutely enemic down the field, with (once again..) most of their passing yards coming from screen passes to Rice and McClain.

Take away the final play, and the Ravens were out-gained by a whopping 369 to 180. Not trying to be the dick here, I just don't see any area in which the Ravens played better than the Bengals and I can't look at it as woulda/coulda/shoulda.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Last edited by ThePudge : 11-09-2009 at 02:39 PM.
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post
I'm not sure that Joe Screen Pass can move down the field in a hurry against our defense anyway, something about the striped helmets seem to disorient him. He threw a good three or four balls through the hands of Leon Hall, Chris Crocker, Chinedum Ndukwe, and later on, Brandon Johnson. I loved every time he'd look downfield, because I'm honestly not sold he has anything against our defense except a screen pass.

Watching the game, the Ravens were absolutely bottled up and outplayed in every facet. It's hard for me to say the Ravens had a chance at winning, even if the field goal had gone in. Their offense was absolutely enemic down the field, with (once again..) most of their passing yards coming from screen passes to Rice and McClain.

Take away the final play, and the Ravens were out-gained by a whopping 369 to 180. Not trying to be the dick here, I just don't see any area in which the Ravens played better than the Bengals and I can't look at it as woulda/coulda/shoulda.

The Bengals did play better in every aspect of the game but you can't act like our momentum wasn't lost after that missed FG. One TD is easier to get than 2 scores. If we make that field goal and you guys didn't score after getting 17 so we would of planned for getting one more TD instead of having to rush to get 2 scores. Bengals are a legit team and looks like we are just going to have to try to be perfect from here on out or just not make the playoffs. Hopefully my Wizards have a better season.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post

true, all three sides of the ball struggled for the Ravens. We didn't do anything right and if that is the best our offense can play at, then there is no chance we beat Pittsburgh which really throws us out of Wildcard contention as well. Especially with teams like Houston, Miami, San Diego/Denver, Pittsburgh/Cincinnati all will be contending for those two spots. I think we beat Detroit, Cleveland, Oakland, Chicago and lose to Pittsburgh twice, lose to Indy as well as Green Bay and end up 8-8 unless our defense can get back to a dominate force, I think 8-8 is the best that will happen.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why didn't Cameron give the ball in Rice's hands more? I know he had 8 catches, but didn't he have like 12 carries? For your best offensive playmaker, you need the ball in his hands more than what the Ravens gave him yesterday.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Well it doesn't help you when Bengals dominate Time of Possession 40:00 to 20:00. Also most of the passing plays were designed screen options to Rice. He really got 20 touches and more looks.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
24-10?????? We average over 24 points a game. I think we come into this game with the same mind state as last week but with some attitude for the last minute loss to them at home. I doubt Benson has another good game on us and as long as Mattison keeps up the blitz schemes we should get pressure on Palmer. They don't have Odem so there best pass rusher is gone. I think like the Broncos last week the Bengals come out of their bye week not as hot. I think Ray Rice has another good game as always and we play good defense. The great thing about this game being a division game is that we already lost to them once and we know we can't lose to them again.
I say Ravens win a close one 24-20
yeah i must be crazy or something......?

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Why didn't Cameron give the ball in Rice's hands more? I know he had 8 catches, but didn't he have like 12 carries? For your best offensive playmaker, you need the ball in his hands more than what the Ravens gave him yesterday.
I think Cam wants a guns a blazing offense when Flacco throws for 4,000 yards and 30 TDs. I wish we would go back to the 3 headed monster it was definetly more effective then this pass happy crap.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think Cam wants a guns a blazing offense when Flacco throws for 4,000 yards and 30 TDs. I wish we would go back to the 3 headed monster it was definetly more effective then this pass happy crap.
It's not the offense dude, remember back to last season, our defense could actually stop teams and get them off the field? This year our defense is letting opponents drive down the field and score on majority of there possessions. Our offense can win games for us but only if our defense can do their part as well. This offense is good but Flacco is still in his 2nd year, we have no vertical/explosive pass game or play makers in the WR corp so they can't be counted on to carry this team to victory, we need a solid showing from both sides of the ball. If we can ever achieve that, then we are Super Bowl contenders.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree we have no one who can go deep and thats why I would prefer we went back to last years O. but I agree we need this D to get its act together, to bad it wont happen
Old 11-09-2009, 08:02 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I agree we have no one who can go deep and thats why I would prefer we went back to last years O. but I agree we need this D to get its act together, to bad it wont happen
yeah, but how can we go back to our power offense scheme if our defense can't stop a team from scoring on almost every drive.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

control the TOP, tire there D out then use it to set up the pass./
Old 11-09-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Ah if only Matt Stover was still a Raven. At the very least the Vikings game would have been a W.