Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 9 discussion thread

1 PM EST

Washington Redskins @ Atlanta Falcons
Arizona Cardinals @ Chicago Bears
Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts
Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals
Kansas City Chiefs @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Green Bay Packers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots

4 PM EST

Carolina Panthers @ New Orleans Saints
Detroit Lions @ Seattle Seahawks
Tennessee Titans @ San Francisco 49ers
San Diego Chargers @ New York Giants

Sunday Night Football

Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles

Monday Night Football

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos

Byes: Bills, Browns, Vikings, Jets, Raiders, Rams
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was wondering when this was going to pop up. HWJ been banned or something??

Big game for the Steelers. Ryan Clark will not make the trip due to his sickle cell disease. Meaning Tyrone Carter will probably start. Bluck.

I think if we stop the run (which I don't think we will have a problem doing, especially with the weak interioir O-Line of the Broncos) and basically play them just like the Ravens did, it should be a win. The defense is still full of starters that went to Denver for the AFC Championship game in 2005 so they know how to handle it.

Clady vs Harrison should be a good matchup, as well as Taylor vs Marshall.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lots of good games from the top to the bottom of the league. there's more great ones than bad ones this week.

great divisional matchups
Cincy-Baltimore
Indy-Houston
Philly-Dallas

other great matchups
Chicago-Arizona
Pitt-Denver
SD-NY

then the draft bowls
Detroit-Seattle
Jax-KC

and, i don't have to look at Brent Farve this week!
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Report: Bob Sanders out for season

Harbaugh: "Cowboys are everything that's wrong with the NFL"

Andre Smith's status for Sunday uncertain

News.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 PM EST

Washington Redskins @ Atlanta Falcons - I am worried about a post-MNF let-down; but let's be frank here, Atlanta is a much better football team through and through.

Arizona Cardinals @ Chicago Bears
- I cannot figure this Cardinals' team out. They have the potential to be great, they just underachieve far too often. I am beginning to think that Kurt Warner is done. Is it time to see what they got in Matt Leinart?

Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts - Houston plays Indy tough and if the defense can doing anything to slow Manning they have a good chance to win. The Colts are banged up in the secondary at a poor time.

Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals - The Bengals are at home, coming off a bye week, and the Ravens do not have Haloti Ngata. This is their chance to put the division in a stranglehold.

Kansas City Chiefs @ Jacksonville Jaguars
-Hint to the Jaguars: give MJD the ball more than 8 times. I do like the Chiefs here in a surprise, the Jaguars cannot cover Dwayne Bowe and the Chiefs have had an extra week to get their O-Line healthy.

Green Bay Packers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers -Will the Bucs win a game this year? Maybe, but they are not much better than the Lions were last year.

Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots -Miami's offense is so hit or miss for me and I expect that the Patriots have used all two weeks to prepare for the wildcat. No one on the Dolphins can cover Randy Moss.

4 PM EST

Carolina Panthers @ New Orleans Saints -The Saints' run defense without Ellis is a huge liability and the Panthers have the top ranked pass defense; should set up an upset right? Not so much, mostly because I don't trust that the Panthers can pass enough to win this game.

Detroit Lions @ Seattle Seahawks
-The Seahawks are the better team and they still have a great H.F.A.

- Interesting match-up here, but I think San Francisco has the kind of defense to limit Chris Johnson and that's all you need to do to beat the Titans.

San Diego Chargers @ New York Giants
- I am not sure what to make of this game. Both teams have the talent, both need a win in the worst way, both have looked terrible at times this year. Complete toss-up in my opinion.

Sunday Night Football

Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles - John Harbaugh destroyed the Cowboys with this quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by why have the Eagles had more success than the Cowboys
Why is that? Because what Andy Reid and his program stand for if the opposite of what the Cowboys stand for. The Cowboys are a star system. It's all about building around individuals first and collecting talent, collecting great players. Andy has always been about building a team. And over the long haul, it's a team sport, and one of the greatest examples of that is what's happened with the Eagles and the Cowboys over the last 10 years. The Cowboys stand for everything that's wrong with the NFL.
Monday Night Football

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos - Kyle Orton will have a hard time with his dink-n-dunk attack against this team, especially with Ryan Harris out. The Broncos' D will put up a hard fight, but it won't be enough to beat the champs.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay Detroits in another draft bowl. Draft Bowl 2, the deuce. There will be a third in two weeks when we play Cleveland. Turd bowl is a good name for that one.

Could be an entertaining game with Calvin back. Shootout would be fun to watch with Hawks pulling away of course eventually since the Lions are the Lions and the game is in Seattle.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only chance the Chiefs have is if they can get their running game going I'm really wanting to see how they do with out LJ.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Charles will be effective in the short term. I think he has a burst and will make some big time plays, he just isn't a feature back in the long run.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Panthers worry me, but with that said - GEAUX SAINTS!
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
1 PM EST
- Interesting match-up here, but I think San Francisco has the kind of defense to limit Chris Johnson and that's all you need to do to beat the Titans.
I'm looking forward to seeing 2 disappointing players in Alex Smith and Vince Young trying to make a comeback. That's the storyline of the game here IMO. Plus, the #2 rushing offense against the #2 rushing defense.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
The Panthers worry me, but with that said - GEAUX SAINTS!
Look at you being all cajun living in California (??).

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Charles will be effective in the short term. I think he has a burst and will make some big time plays, he just isn't a feature back in the long run.
I agree with this. He is the perfect change of pace back who can come in and hurt a defense. We do need to draft another RB to be the starter, but I really like what Charles brings to the table.

I think it will be tough for us to beat Jacksonville, but any given sunday.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Look at you being all cajun living in California (??).
Long story short - I was born and raised in Texas. When I started to like football I couldn't stand the Cowboys and their fans and refused to cheer for them. I stumbled across a Saints game one afternoon and it was love (and heartbreak) at first pass.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Harbaugh quote was pretty relevant last year and some previous years. Now? Not so much.

They're a team, who's foundation has been built through the draft/undrafted FAs and around good well rounded people.

Gone, are all the players with the checkered pasts or criminal records. We may have a prima donna or two (here's looking at you Roy and Crayton) but, we have a good group of guys here, from a character stand point and the team chemistry has been better than ever.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-06-2009 at 02:20 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I feel bad for the Colts loosing their guys. Having said that, I still think we have a shot at handing them their first defeat this season.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Is this the first time Eli Manning and Philip Rivers have faced each other? Or did I forgot a game?

Old 11-06-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is this the first time Eli Manning and Philip Rivers have faced each other? Or did I forgot a game?
Week 3 of 2005.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
That Harbaugh quote was pretty relevant last year and some previous years. Now? Not so much.

They're a team, who's foundation has been built through the draft/undrafted FAs and around good well rounded people.

Gone, are all the players with the checkered pasts or criminal records. We may have a prima donna or two (here's looking at you Roy and Crayton) but, we have a good group of guys here, from a character stand point and the team chemistry has been better than ever.
its still relevant for this year too.
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
its still relevant for this year too.
Why is that, exactly?

Because of one Roy Williams comment?

How exactly do we have a star system with no real structure or team mentality? Harbaugh has no idea what he is talking about. He makes it sound like we bought a bunch of talented players and just threw them together.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-06-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Week 3 of 2005.

Except that was Drew Brees' starting for the Chargers.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Why is that, exactly?

Because of one Roy Williams comment?

How exactly do we have a star system with no real structure or team mentality? Harbaugh has no idea what he is talking about. He makes it sound like we bought a bunch of talented players and just threw them together.
You might have noticed that quote was about the past DECADE and its hard to deny that being true from whats happened in Dallas since the 90s. I do agree with you that THIS year for the first time in a decade or more, that Harbaugh's statement would be false if he were just talking about THIS year, but he isn't. The Cowboys have put together a nice collection of talent and weeded out most of the arrogance and trouble within the roster, I attribute that to Wade Phillips though and not Jerry Jones. I think Phillips is a great coach for the Cowboys, if he gets fired this off season for some big name coach it will be a mistake as far as I'm concerned.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots -Miami's offense is so hit or miss for me and I expect that the Patriots have used all two weeks to prepare for the wildcat. No one on the Dolphins can cover Randy Moss.
One of the main reasons for drafting Sean Smith was to cover the bigger receivers in our division like Randy and T.O. Not saying he'll shut him down or anything, but he's been playing well and I expect it to be a really good matchup.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
You might have noticed that quote was about the past DECADE and its hard to deny that being true from whats happened in Dallas since the 90s. I do agree with you that THIS year for the first time in a decade or more, that Harbaugh's statement would be false if he were just talking about THIS year, but he isn't. The Cowboys have put together a nice collection of talent and weeded out most of the arrogance and trouble within the roster, I attribute that to Wade Phillips though and not Jerry Jones. I think Phillips is a great coach for the Cowboys, if he gets fired this off season for some big name coach it will be a mistake as far as I'm concerned.
The way it is worded, it makes it seem as if he insinuating that they're still what is wrong with the NFL. It's a little ridiculous...Cowboys fans could just as easily bring up T.O. or Mike Vick as some return fire...or the fact that neither team has had championship success over the time frame. Poor choice of words, imo.

Now he may not, but if he still sees Dallas as what is wrong with the NFL...then he's a moron. Because, this team is not a "star system", nor are they a collection of talent that cant coexist or play well together. The majority of these guys have been together for years and have been built from the ground up. A nice little example, 4/5ths of our WR core were either undrafted or in Crayton's case, a 7th round draft choice. Our Qb was undrafted, our RBs are all, in home talent. I may be rambling but, there are a lot of misconceptions about the Cowboys, like they buy all their players or only collect stars and try to fit the square peg in the round hole or what not. But honestly, this Cowboy team is one that you can be proud of and they do fit well together and play nice with each other and again, they've been growing together for a long time now.

So, it may all be for not, depending upon what he actually meant but, I'm just getting this point across.

As for who to thank for cleaning up Dallas' act...I'd give a lot of credit to Jerry's son, Stephen Jones, actually. He differs with his father a lot and Jerry has been giving him more and more freedom and rightfully so, as he has a good head on his shoulders. And he doesnt want to deal with all the nonsense that comes with adding some of these bad apples.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-06-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pssst hey Giants, let's go. It's the Schizo Bowl.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Ty Law returns

To Denver if/when he passes the physical.