Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-08-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Cowboys @ Eagles

Not feeling to good about this one. Hope the boys prove me wrong.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Hamlin out? I read he is. If he is out that does not bode well for the Cowboys because they're going to need their FS to stop the long ball to Maclin and Jackson.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Time to put up or shut up tonight!!! Did you guys see the one interesting stat, that in the last 4 night games we've played in Philly, we've won all 4. Let's make it 5 in a row.

Here's my keys to victory.

1. Limit the big plays
2. Don't let McNabb scamble around too much and beat you with his legs and elusiveness
3. Witten, Witten, Witten...it's time for Witten to have a big game and control the middle of the field.
4. Control the ball with Barber, Jones and Choice so that it opens up the deep ball
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far so good. Romo has been a bit off to Austin on a couple throws. But can't complain about the results.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I like this Kevin Ogeltree.
dpl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85 View Post
I like this Kevin Ogeltree.
Same here, he looks alot more explosive then Crayton, I definately see him having a good size role next year for us.

I like Romo taking a sack earlier to not throw the pick, that's smart, and I'll take that all game from him with no problem at all. We just need to play mistake free, I trust our ST's and the defense can start to tee off if we get up by a few scores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was going to say the same thing about Romo, LL. Nice to see him not force anything there and just take the loss.

I wonder if Miles is a little on the nervous side, in such a big spot light. Both those passes thrown his way were catchable, not ideal but, they were there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peters :(........
Old 11-08-2009, 08:15 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3 penalties in the first 11 plays and 2 dropped passes by the greatly praised but no results Bennett.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Is it me or is Scandrick always the victim of perfect passes.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Is it me or is Scandrick always the victim of perfect passes.
Seriously, how unlucky can you get.

Quote:
Old 11-08-2009, 09:01 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Wishful thinking but maybe Ogeltree can become the next great undrafted WR.
dpl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My observations at the end of the half.

1. Refs are making some bad calls so far all bad for Cowboys
2. Roy can't complain today, bad throws all going to Austin.
3. Romo is playing like a scared p* -- he is missing wide open WR
4. Romo has at least avoided mistakes
5. Garrett needs to open it up some some. Eagles have blitzed like 90% of the time.
6. D getting god pressure w/o blitzing.
7. DB playing well as well as S.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 11-08-2009 at 09:05 PM.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85 View Post
Wishful thinking but maybe Ogeltree can become the next great undrafted WR.
I think he and Austin are the two best we have.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You and I must be watching a different game. Tony has looked just fine to me today. He looks in control of the team and fired up. The Eagles are tough but, he is standing tall in the pocket and taking sacks when need be.

The passes to Austin, while not great were both catachble. Dont let your Austin love cloud your judgement completely. Austin is having a little trouble against a much better opponent.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-08-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wish Romo would have seen Witten wide open in the endzone at the end of half.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

Yeah I agree, Samuels is keeping Austin in check. I told my dad earlier I was thinking Austin would have 4 catches for 32 yards today. Does he even have a catch so far?
Old 11-08-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I have no complaints at all about Tony this game, he's not perfect or a machine, and I'd love for us to win some of these ugly games where it isn't all flashy with 4 TD's.

Just be smart with the football, make key 1st downs and completions, and know when to just take a loss. I think we can win this game if he continues to play that way, it's been all defense on both sides so far and there is nothing you can do but keep playing smart.

Quote:
Old 11-08-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Oh and DeSean doesn't have a catch either, so it isn't like it's just Austin. Both of those guys are big plays waiting to happen, Austin could finish with 2 catches, for 115 yards and 2 TD's by games end, same for Desean. Austin had a decent look in the end zone but it was a really good play by the corner to get back and break it up.

Quote:
Old 11-08-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It hit Hanson in the back. That was pretty disappointing.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-08-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
You and I must be watching a different game. Tony has looked just fine to me today. He looks in control of the team and fired up. The Eagles are tough but, he is standing tall in the pocket and taking sacks when need be.

The passes to Austin, while not great were both catachble. Dont let your Austin love cloud your judgement completely. Austin is having a little trouble against a much better opponent.
Only one pass was catchable and Romo does look crappy. He has no zip on the ball and he is playing scared. The end zone play and INT are perfect examples -- running too quickly in his head..

Last edited by herniateddisc : 11-08-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

And on the McCoy big play, Bradie was caught with his eyes on McNabb instead of following the lineman. But I am sure Carpenter, who had a sep resp on the TE, will be blamed.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Only one pass was catchable and Romo does look crappy. He has no zip on the ball and he is playing scared. The end zone play and INT are perfect examples -- running too quickly in his head..
Your observation skills are off today, man. Give Romo a break on the end zone play, he was scrambling for his life. He gets sacked, they get no points. He had to just get rid of it. No time to look over everything. Really.

And he's looked fine out there. He hasnt been throwing floaters and he has spread the ball around to 6, should be 7 different guys, in the face of a heavy blitz. We've seen Romo play nervous or scared, and this isnt it. He looks rather composed today.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-08-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

nice one between Tony and Roy. that is what we need to see.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Romo simply sucks tonite. He is playing scared.

He has time but he is not making his reads. There are guys open all over the field.

My powers are fine .... yours however ....