Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-09-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Eh... IDK about that. If anything, this game showed how evenly matched the teams are. The Cowboys did win, but remember that the Cowboys have taken the first match-up the past 2 years and the Eagles have won the second one, so I think it will stay the same way. And I really don't see how you gathered that from this game at all, neither team played well and it was tight the whole way through. It says something about how evenly matched the teams were when the game comes down to a botched call by the refs.

Anyways, nice game I guess, I feel dirty saying that.
This year's team is nothing like the Cowboys from last year. If you wanna convince yourself that history repeats itself to make yourself feel better go ahead. Bottom line is that the Eagles are inferior to the Cowboys. If this game were at Dallas, you might be right about how close they are, but we won this in your house and lead or was tied for most of the game. Desean Jackson was a complete non-factor as I predicted. The only thing I'm disappointed in is in Ware not getting a sack.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
This year's team is nothing like the Cowboys from last year. If you wanna convince yourself that history repeats itself to make yourself feel better go ahead. Bottom line is that the Eagles are inferior to the Cowboys. If this game were at Dallas, you might be right about how close they are, but we won this in your house and lead or was tied for most of the game. Desean Jackson was a complete non-factor as I predicted. The only thing I'm disappointed in is in Ware not getting a sack.
Whatever, if you truly believe that you're a homer. DeSean Jackson was a non-factor, so what, you won by 4 points off of a complete mistake by Sean Jones and Sheldon Brown. It was a really close game and you beat a team that was missing its starting RB, LE and SLB. The teams are close and they have recently split the games. I guarantee the Eagles win the next one, I'll sig bet anyone here on it.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:53 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eh... IDK about that. If anything, this game showed how evenly matched the teams are. The Cowboys did win, but remember that the Cowboys have taken the first match-up the past 2 years and the Eagles have won the second one, so I think it will stay the same way. And I really don't see how you gathered that from this game at all, neither team played well and it was tight the whole way through. It says something about how evenly matched the teams were when the game comes down to a botched call by the refs.

Botched call? You can't really be serious?

How about the blatant offensive pass interference on Celek that wasn't called on his TD catch, where he clearly and unquestionably pushed off with both hands to create just enough separation (the ball cleared Sensabaugh's hand by less than 6 inches) to reel in the catch. Or the fact that Dallas was called for THE SAME THING on a far less serious offense after Witten cleared himself for a 3rd down converting catch that stalled what would have been a scoring drive, or the blatant roughing the passer on a 3rd down play in the first half where Romo, iirc, was sacked and clearly hit in the head?

I could go on and on.

But I won't. Mostly, its just laughable that anyone would think that 4th and short should have been re-spotted. Laughable.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh Roy, how silly is that first down signal you make? It always gives me a good laugh :D

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:13 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You should just stop while your ahead with the "botched calls" and 'refs screwed us out of the game' mentality. There were missed calls all night, you never seem to bring up the ones that went in your favor or the ones that didn't get called against you.

If they get the PI called on Asante early on we score 7 instead of 3, but I'm guessing that had no impact on the game right? Or you don't think when he blatantly grabbed his arm it was a PI at all?

Or how about when Witten caught the 1st down pass to keep a drive alove going into fg range but was called for offensive PI, yet Celek wasn't called on it when he literally did the exact same thing on his TD?

Do you want to address any of those issues? Or do you just want to keep acting like the Eagles were cheated out of victory in an otherwise perfectly officiated game?

There's nothing more annoying then when fans want to rely on blaming it on the refs afterwards, that's just weak and usually homers go that route more then anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, when is thanksgiving this year? Who are we facing?

MOTH: I really like what I've seen so far form Sensabaugh. He's without a doubt a keeper. He's very good range and he's not afraid to step up against the run. Too bad Hamlin forgot how good he can bee when he wants to play.

D: Like you, I hate when people say that history repeats itself or that the past helps us predicting the future. Have you ever read "Fooled by Randomness" by Nassim Taleb? I think you should!

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:03 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We play Oakland on Thanksgiving.

Since were looking ahead we have some interesting games in December against San Diego and New Orleans that should give us an idea of how we fare against some other very good teams. Nice to have a little cushion if we can going into December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:00 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Refs helped the Cowboys? ROTFLMAO. That game was called Eagles most the way and frankly you should kill Reid for givig away two first downs on SPOTS.

2) We turned a HUGE corner? Hey now fannie boys! It is not December or January yet and Romo frankly did not play well. This game was won by the D.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:24 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Whatever, if you truly believe that you're a homer. DeSean Jackson was a non-factor, so what, you won by 4 points off of a complete mistake by Sean Jones and Sheldon Brown. It was a really close game and you beat a team that was missing its starting RB, LE and SLB. The teams are close and they have recently split the games. I guarantee the Eagles win the next one, I'll sig bet anyone here on it.
Maybe it's time to head back over to your teams board. You'll get no love or sympathy over here. The Cowboys took it to the Eagles on their own turf, play and simple!!!
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:48 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Hey, when is thanksgiving this year? Who are we facing?

MOTH: I really like what I've seen so far form Sensabaugh. He's without a doubt a keeper. He's very good range and he's not afraid to step up against the run. Too bad Hamlin forgot how good he can bee when he wants to play.

D: Like you, I hate when people say that history repeats itself or that the past helps us predicting the future. Have you ever read "Fooled by Randomness" by Nassim Taleb? I think you should!
I def. liked the Sensabaugh pick up but, he's been even better than I expected him to be. He's playing great football and the defense looks completely different when he's in there. And I don't think anyone expected Brooking to make the impact he has made. You guys see him celebrating when Witten got that game clinching first down? I freaking love this guy. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:50 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and dont look now but, we've moved up to 6th in the league in sacks. The defense is playing at a very high level. I find it very hard to believe that we rank 20th still because, they dont play like a 20th ranked team at all. A couple of the Eagles' posters, prior to the game, were taking the defense a little lightly because of that ranking but, I told them they're playing a whole lot better than that. There is still room for improvement but, you have like what we're seeing with the defense.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-09-2009, 09:52 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I def. liked the Sensabaugh pick up but, he's been even better than I expected him to be. He's playing great football and the defense looks completely different when he's in there. And I don't think anyone expected Brooking to make the impact he has made. You guys see him celebrating when Witten got that game clinching first down? I freaking love this guy. haha.
Those two guys have been the difference makers on defense. That and the development of Jenkins.

This team has a whole new attitude that we haven't seen in a long time. Now, we do need to get that running game going. I've been saying it the last few weeks.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:24 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You don't have the money to cash in. A sig bet? Please. If you're so confident then just sig bet yourself. I'm noticing a trend with you that's making me lose even more respect for you. "EXCUSES, EXCUSES". You can't even come clean and admit your team is inferior even after they lost at home. You can use those excuses all you want, but the fact is those excuses mean you're inferior. Refs... Injuries... Just own up to it, the way you would be calling for us to own up to it if you won. I'm going to start calling your boy Desean "Non-Action" Jackson. For all the stats and reasoning you gave us on him being impossible to cover... You = FAIL. Now man up.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles problem is they can't score without the big play. Take that away and you have last night.

As I pointed out in an earlier post, they were 3rd in scoring with nearly 30 PPG but 23rd on Yards and First Downs .... which means without big plays the Offense is quite poor.

Last night, no big plays down the field.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Freaking Brooking is the man! He's ALWAYS in the game! He's always cheering on the offense. The dude even runs down the sidelines in jubilation on big plays! I wish he had been a Cowboys lifer all these years. I feel like a Patriots fan when I think about him. Just like the way Belichick picked up vets that were plug and play and had big impacts for them, Brooking is totally that guy for us with BIG TIME leadership who's energy rubs off on the other guys.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
The Eagles problem is they can't score without the big play. Take that away and you have last night.

As I pointed out in an earlier post, they were 3rd in scoring with nearly 30 PPG but 23rd on Yards and First Downs .... which means without big plays the Offense is quite poor.

Last night, no big plays down the field.
I mentioned this earlier in the week. I felt if we could make them drive the length of the field we could force them into FGs.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anything, the team is showing the type of talent that we had hoped they had last year.

Philly is a good team, but they are probably the single most QB dependent team in the league. If McNabb is anything short of Good they don't win.

Dallas is very QB dependent, almost as much as Philly, but the difference is the defense and the potential for a running game.

Despite multiple OL penalties (it's amazing how bad Dallas is at False starts) they played pretty well. The defense is starting to make the plays they need when they need them. The running game is decent but can be excellent when Jones is looking good (something the eagles don't have when Westbrook is out, which he is EVERY year).

For the last few weeks the Cowboys have looked surprisingly complete. As long as Romo doesn't get his head up his a$$ they play pretty well. The difference is that the Eagles need McNabb to play good to win. Romo just need to play ok. The problem is (and the reason I say the Cowboys are QB dependent moresoe than alot of teams) that Romo is rarely OK, he's either good or bad, not in between.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
If anything, the team is showing the type of talent that we had hoped they had last year.

Philly is a good team, but they are probably the single most QB dependent team in the league. If McNabb is anything short of Good they don't win.

Dallas is very QB dependent, almost as much as Philly, but the difference is the defense and the potential for a running game.

Despite multiple OL penalties (it's amazing how bad Dallas is at False starts) they played pretty well. The defense is starting to make the plays they need when they need them. The running game is decent but can be excellent when Jones is looking good (something the eagles don't have when Westbrook is out, which he is EVERY year).

For the last few weeks the Cowboys have looked surprisingly complete. As long as Romo doesn't get his head up his a$$ they play pretty well. The difference is that the Eagles need McNabb to play good to win. Romo just need to play ok. The problem is (and the reason I say the Cowboys are QB dependent moresoe than alot of teams) that Romo is rarely OK, he's either good or bad, not in between.
I think Romo himself is still developing as a QB. Funny, but I think yesterday was the perfect example of an "OK" performance by him. It was neither bad or great. It was just enough. If all is, is "just good enough".. that's ok wit me cause "just good enough" means getting the win despite errors.

You know what's odd... Flozell DIDN'T have a False Start. I wonder what our W/L record is in relation to that stat. lol.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He didn't get called for one. But he certainly should have been called for two. One where Columbo and he both had a FS but 75 was called. The other when Flozell moved on the left side but they called the Eagles for drawing the offensive player off on the right side. I know Flo didn't see it because he was looking outside at Cole. He got lucky.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
He didn't get called for one. But he certainly should have been called for two. One where Columbo and he both had a FS but 75 was called. The other when Flozell moved on the left side but they called the Eagles for drawing the offensive player off on the right side. I know Flo didn't see it because he was looking outside at Cole. He got lucky.
Well at least he's consistent! LOL. Good 'ole Flo.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh and dont look now but, we've moved up to 6th in the league in sacks. The defense is playing at a very high level. I find it very hard to believe that we rank 20th still because, they dont play like a 20th ranked team at all. A couple of the Eagles' posters, prior to the game, were taking the defense a little lightly because of that ranking but, I told them they're playing a whole lot better than that. There is still room for improvement but, you have like what we're seeing with the defense.
That 20th rating is due to a few crappy performances early in a short season so far. The numbers are skewed because of that, and if they can keep playing at a high level they'll balance the numbers out to be a top 10 D again. As far as the sacks go, I gotta give Wade his due there again. We can rightfully criticize Wade for many things, but the guy is definitely one of the best at putting pressure on the QB. He's fixed the D, and hopefully they keep their minds right to finish not only the games, but the season as well.
Quote:
1) Refs helped the Cowboys? ROTFLMAO. That game was called Eagles most the way and frankly you should kill Reid for givig away two first downs on SPOTS.

2) We turned a HUGE corner? Hey now fannie boys! It is not December or January yet and Romo frankly did not play well. This game was won by the D.
You're right. We don't need to get ahead of ourselves. It's not December yet, and having San Diego, Philly, and New Orleans in December really will show how far this team has come. Nonetheless, the win in Philly last night is exactly what you could ask for from the team. Right now they're playing very well, and hopefully they can use that momentum to finally tap into what they should be at the end of the season.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I said I found it hard to believe because, even despite our last few great weeks on the defensive end, we've still only gained two spots in the rankings. I know it has to do a lot with the bad start but, damn we're not moving up too quickly. haha. I agree, they're going to be just fine. They're getting better by the week.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-09-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Dunces, Clowns and now Fannie Boys! So glad you think so highly of us, Bob.

From your pedestal, the view below must make you feel so good. A Philly loss and we're Dead Wrong and your're right. A win and we're "Fannie boys"! LOL. You're killin' me your majesty!
Old 11-09-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I said I found it hard to believe because, even despite our last few great weeks on the defensive end, we've still only gained two spots in the rankings. I know it has to do a lot with the bad start but, damn we're not moving up too quickly. haha. I agree, they're going to be just fine. They're getting better by the week.
Offensive and Defensive Rankings mean jack squat to me. It's all based on Yards. I think the Aikman Rankings are more meaningful.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I am talking about total yards, though. But as was said, they're skewed at the moment. They'll even out.

edit...nm. haha. I gotcha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS