Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-09-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Michael Jackson: This is it

Did anyone go out and see it? I came away totally blown away. He's a much different person than the criminal that the American media built him up to be. Thought it was an inspiring movie and I've come to respect him a lot. He was a gift to the world. I've come to believe that he had to go out the way he did in order to have the impact on the world, that his life's purpose had intended for him to fulfill.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to see it because I have heard it is really good. As far as MJ, I don't think he was a bad guy. I felt sorry for him after that time they followed him around Neverland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He definitely was a great person but the media did their voodoo magic and made his an easy target. I want to see this.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
He definitely was a great person but the media did their voodoo magic and made his an easy target. I want to see this.
Keep it in perspective that there are two sides to every story. Im sure that the people who made "This Is It" didn't come in with the idea to make him out to look like a criminal. I understand that the media has an influence in what we do, but a piece of work like "This Is It" is simply another form of media that paints a different picture.

I haven't seen the movie, but the picture that it paints is undoubtedly one that is in stark opposition to the one the media portrayed for Jackson. Im sure this thread isnt a proper place to discuss the subjectivity of media, but I think its important to keep a bit of cynicism in regards to something like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This "documentary" was made with the intent to be a positive portrayal of MJ in the lead up to the tour he was to do, prior to his death. Does it really need its own thread?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved it. I saw about a week and a half ago and was blown away by everything he did, was certainly worth the $6 I paid to see it.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I'm going to see it because I have heard it is really good. As far as MJ, I don't think he was a bad guy. I felt sorry for him after that time they followed him around Neverland.
Seen it the first day it came out, it was really good, it was to sad that MJ, never was able to do the concert live, it would have been mind blowing

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Keep it in perspective that there are two sides to every story. Im sure that the people who made "This Is It" didn't come in with the idea to make him out to look like a criminal. I understand that the media has an influence in what we do, but a piece of work like "This Is It" is simply another form of media that paints a different picture.

I haven't seen the movie, but the picture that it paints is undoubtedly one that is in stark opposition to the one the media portrayed for Jackson. Im sure this thread isnt a proper place to discuss the subjectivity of media, but I think its important to keep a bit of cynicism in regards to something like this.
Most of it was raw. It was real life MJ in action. There really was no "spin" on it. He's a pure genius. A master of the art. He was a gift to the world that most people misunderstood. If we were all like him, the world would be a better place. He had all the money in the world. He could've been corrupt as hell. Yet he chose a different life. A pure innocent life. I don't think he was a child molester at all. I think it was all a spin by the media or someone trying to get rich off of him.

He really tried to send a positive message to the world. Heal the World. Doesn't matter if it's black or white. We are the world. Man in the mirror. Earth Song. On and on and on... So different from the rest of the musical artists out there. He could've written about anything...

Last edited by D-Unit : 11-09-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Possibly greatest performer of all time? Yeah. Still, when he was alive he was the creepest guy out there who everyone spoofed. Now, he was the best father/brother/son/human every born on this Earth.

I am not passing judgement either way, but it's just hard to watch so many people pull a 180 on their views of him and accept it.

Apparently he liked to pee in front of people at random times now too?
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Possibly greatest performer of all time? Yeah. Still, when he was alive he was the creepest guy out there who everyone spoofed. Now, he was the best father/brother/son/human every born on this Earth.

I am not passing judgement either way, but it's just hard to watch so many people pull a 180 on their views of him and accept it.

Apparently he liked to pee in front of people at random times now too?

This. Michael Jackson was not a good person. Wow how quickly perceptions change.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11572

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
MJ deserves his own thread.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
This. Michael Jackson was not a good person. Wow how quickly perceptions change.
It's funny how inspirational and amazing people become once they take a bite of the big **** sandwich.

I saw this doco, it's not as "raw" as portrayed and it's definitely extremely heavily slanted.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I apologize in advance, but I refuse to have a love fest for how great he was. He was involved in many, many "wrong" doings. Okay the many were dropped or never proved... He was amazing, simply amazing. Voice, dancing, songs, the list is endless. But celebrity doesn't erase his past.

Steve McNair is a similar story. Sad, but still relevant to my perception to how I will remember him now.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I apologize in advance, but I refuse to have a love fest for how great he was. He was involved in many, many "wrong" doings. Okay the many were dropped or never proved... He was amazing, simply amazing. Voice, dancing, songs, the list is endless. But celebrity doesn't erase his past.

Steve McNair is a similar story. Sad, but still relevant to my perception to how I will remember him now.
How do you know he did any "wrong" doing? If you did I would guess that you would have gone to the trial as a witness.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OJ Simpson didn't have to be convicted for me to know he did it. Obviously it's not that extreme of a case but come on.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
How do you know he did any "wrong" doing? If you did I would guess that you would have gone to the trial as a witness.

If you read carefully you can see I said none of them were ever proved. Clearly I don't KNOW he did anything wrong. He wasn't viewed as a saint while he was alive, but now in death he was perfect...?

You can pass your own judgement based on his life, and I'll have mine. No worries.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
OJ Simpson didn't have to be convicted for me to know he did it. Obviously it's not that extreme of a case but come on.
Did you ever see the evidence or witnessed it happen? The US goes with something called "innocent until proven guilty." I wont go into politics though.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
If you read carefully you can see I said none of them were ever proved. Clearly I don't KNOW he did anything wrong. He wasn't viewed as a saint while he was alive, but now in death he was perfect...?

You can pass your own judgement based on his life, and I'll have mine. No worries.
The thing is his own... Americans hated him, disrespected him, looked down upon him as a freak... while the rest of the world adored him.

The dude was misunderstood. He used parts of his brain that most humans don't. Like seriously.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:

I see what you are saying, but I have seen more posts hating on him and calling him a child abuser even when he is dead than I have seen people talking about how talented he was.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 11-09-2009 at 11:26 PM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Did you ever see the evidence or witnessed it happen? The US goes with something called "innocent until proven guilty." I wont go into politics though.

No, but I feel like I know enough about the situation to make my own decision as to how I feel about the guy.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
No, but I feel like I know enough about the situation to make my own decision as to how I feel about the guy.
I wasnt there when it all took place so I will side with the people that listened to the witnesses, saw the evidence, and debated forever on whether it was beyond a reasonable doubt to convict him.

Back to the movie so I dont get this locked for politics.....I havent seen it yet but I have been wanting to. I may go see it later this week.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

The fact is that a lot of celebrities get accused of crimes. Not a lot of them get convicted. I'm not just going to blindly take his not getting convicted as an undeniable fact.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my mind MJ was pretty messed up and if there was never any controversy surrounding him i'd still feel the same. Of course the movie isnt going to add anything bad when basically its a tribute to him.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote