Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been saying he's the #2 back in the league for a while now. He's just a ridiculous threat to any defense.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also gotta show MJD some love probly the hardest rb to tackle i wonder where keak is lol
Old 11-10-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
There were rumblings over the summer that Peterson was looking to gains ten pounds of muscle so he could take more carries and deliver more punishment. Childress and other rb's around the league advised against it because they said it could cost him some of his burst and top speed that make him such a special player. I think LT said hes played at a lighter playing weight than in college at times because being faster and quicker has made it easier to get away from the big slower linebackers and lineman. i think he said he plays at around 210.

I think Peterson ended up gaining some weight, and it looks it a little. Hes not quite as explosive or gamebreaking as in years past despite a better team around him. still a great player but it def hurt his game a bit.

I think its something that Bush did coming out of college and since getting to the nfl, he added upper body muscle so that his bench would be better at his workout and people would think he could 'carry the load' and do away with that criticism. unfortunately, it took his change of direction skills and burst away a bit. They were a bit overrated beforehand if you watch his college highlights hes not quite as fast straight ahead or side to side as people seem to remember, still very good, but not Barry laterally or CJ straight ahead. Bush doesnt have the mental approach of a up the gut for 4 tough yards back, but his slight drop in that special something hurt him and his confidence and he hasnt been the same player since.
Peterson never gained that extra weight, his dad came out and told him it wasn't a good idea and he listened. I don't think he looks worse, we just always compare him to a guy who can get 300 yards a game.

Quote:
Here’s the surefire formula: Bulk up, one of the vets suggested. Add 10 more pounds to that 6-1, 220-pound frame and watch the extra yards pile up.

Peterson, an earnest 24-year-old with the Minnesota Vikings, took the bait hook, line and sinker.

That was clear when he espoused his newfound, self-improvement strategy to a couple of news reporters after practice the next day.

“I don’t think too many guys would be too excited to see me at 230 pounds twice a year,” Peterson said then. “I’ll be pretty nasty.”

Fortunately, Peterson’s father, Nelson, got wind of the attempted scam and urged his son not to sacrifice his 4.37-second speed over 40 yards by packing on added body armor.
http://thevikingage.com/2009/06/03/a...aining-weight/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Chris Johnson is a perfect example of the new trend emerging in the NFL.

I'm probably gonna make a write up next week and it will be in it. But in short, with teams using more spread formations and using the pass to set up the run, RBs like Chris Johnson are the emerging premiere guys at that position.

The days of the Brandon Jacobs, Stephen Jacksons of the world are slowing coming to a close, as theyre better off being complimentary players than the feature back in today's style of offense.
I agree with the premise but Jackson shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Jacobs. He has the break away speed and is shifty enough to make people miss. Not like CJ, but Jackson is a rare talent sadly wasting away on a terrible team. Jax can do it all.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In short...Real Good

As everyone else already mentioned, he's probably the #2 RB behind Peterson but could easily be considered #1 by certain teams and systems
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
I don't understand why it's such a slam dunk that Adrian Peterson is #1. I think he's slightly over rated this year. He's been shut down in games..and for the feature back on a 7-1 team, he just hasn't been taking over games like somebody in his situation should.

CJ takes over games. He just keeps getting better as the year goes on. Despite the fact that he's the only weapon that needs to be accounted for, he is still lighting up the scoreboard week after week.
I can see why it may look like he's been struggling, but we've had to deal with a new starter at center and right tackle. And lolz to anyone taking another runningback over Peterson. Chris Johnson is a G though
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I agree with the premise but Jackson shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Jacobs. He has the break away speed and is shifty enough to make people miss. Not like CJ, but Jackson is a rare talent sadly wasting away on a terrible team. Jax can do it all.
i kind of feel the same way about Marshawn Lynch. He's like Stephan Jackson part 2.

but you know what though? the great great players at RB make it happen even on terrible teams. Look at Ricky Williams, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Tomlinson, etc.

The greats make it happen on their own. Any RB can get 5 ypc with a good oline. The special ones can do it on their own. Thats why very few RBs are worth spending a 1st round pick on imo. Only rarely do you ever see a talent worth it in the 1st.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Chris Johnson is a perfect example of the new trend emerging in the NFL.

I'm probably gonna make a write up next week and it will be in it. But in short, with teams using more spread formations and using the pass to set up the run, RBs like Chris Johnson are the emerging premiere guys at that position.

The days of the Brandon Jacobs, Stephen Jacksons of the world are slowing coming to a close, as theyre better off being complimentary players than the feature back in today's style of offense.

THIS

very true, it runs in cycles it seems. Teams are spreading out again (like in the run n gun, air coryell days) because of the rule changes that make passing easier. This spread out means there are natural creases that a fast runningback can take advantage of. the combination of these two facts means defenses will look to get faster which generally means smaller (although in general players are getting bigger and faster there arent many of those freak guys and after those special guys more emphasis is being put on speed and coverage skills/pass rush than just being big if they cant have both in one player.) This will eventually lead to a team going to a power running offense where they just bulldoze there way with a big back and the copycat trend will reverse and cycle back. looking at the history of the league, offensive and defensive trends seem to run in cycles.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me thinks backs like Jahvid Best and C.J. Spiller are going to go kinda high come this April.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Peterson never gained that extra weight, his dad came out and told him it wasn't a good idea and he listened. I don't think he looks worse, we just always compare him to a guy who can get 300 yards a game.

http://thevikingage.com/2009/06/03/a...aining-weight/

my bad, i read that article but forgot the ending part, which sort of made the rest irrelevant. he still looks a little off to me but i cant quite put my finger on it.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
THIS

very true, it runs in cycles it seems. Teams are spreading out again (like in the run n gun, air coryell days) because of the rule changes that make passing easier. This spread out means there are natural creases that a fast runningback can take advantage of. the combination of these two facts means defenses will look to get faster which generally means smaller (although in general players are getting bigger and faster there arent many of those freak guys and after those special guys more emphasis is being put on speed and coverage skills/pass rush than just being big if they cant have both in one player.) This will eventually lead to a team going to a power running offense where they just bulldoze there way with a big back and the copycat trend will reverse and cycle back. looking at the history of the league, offensive and defensive trends seem to run in cycles.
this summed it all up perfectly.

great post.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:31 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO he is in fact the best running back in the NFL. Considering the stats and what we usually think, he would be equal or just under AP. However, he's leading the league's in rushing on a 2-6 team that usually would have to come from behind and pass more. He's played with an impotent Kerry Collins and now a solid Vince Young. His speed and ability as a weapon everywhere on a field puts him over the top.

My ranking:

1. CJ
2. AD
3. MJD
4. Steven Jackson
5. Frank Gore

MJD, SJ, and Frank are all pretty close, but I consider MJD's overall skills to give him a slight edge (and perhaps a little homerism, lol).

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Johnson's a great back but I think his window is going to be a bit smaller as far as effectiveness. So much of his game is about burst and quick cuts, when he inevitably starts slow down, he's going to have a hard time being effective.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
Johnson's a great back but I think his window is going to be a bit smaller as far as effectiveness. So much of his game is about burst and quick cuts, when he inevitably starts slow down, he's going to have a hard time being effective.
Didn't people say that about Clinton Portis too? He's also still doesn't have to worry about that until he's at least approaching 30, but you could say powerbacks have some of their own concerns also for longevity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Backs in general have concerns. If anything, powerbacks take more abuse and have shorter careers.

Thats why im personally a big believer in the RBC. Just constantly rotate some cheap midround guys and have a committee. Its cheaper, it keeps your run game fresher into the postseason, and its easier to replenish.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i kind of feel the same way about Marshawn Lynch. He's like Stephan Jackson part 2.

but you know what though? the great great players at RB make it happen even on terrible teams. Look at Ricky Williams, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Tomlinson, etc.

The greats make it happen on their own. Any RB can get 5 ypc with a good oline. The special ones can do it on their own. Thats why very few RBs are worth spending a 1st round pick on imo. Only rarely do you ever see a talent worth it in the 1st.
I agree with this, too. But I would argue that Jackson is making it happen on his own. That Rams team is just terrible at virtually every position. Despite teams playing SJax and only SJax, he's still producing. 98 ypg, 4.8 ypc, and 180+ recieving.

Damn I wish the Rams had just traded him to NE at the deadline.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if I would take Adrian Peterson over Chris Johnson. Really, he has the reputation, but has Peterson really done more on the field? Johnson had a better rookie year, sophomore year and he does far more in the passing game.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love watching him play, I remember a lot of people hated the pick when the titans took him instead of a WR.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Johnson is to the NFL what Reggie Bush was to CFB.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I still think Peterson is better. CJ is #2 though.

The thing is, Peterson is just not getting that many carries this year. Its not like years past, when he was the entire offense. The Vikings are a passing team now, believe it or not.

AP is more of an afterthought to their passing attack.

If they ran him like hell and made Favre the compliment, he'd put up monster numbers. They did for the first couple of games, and AP looked like he might hit 2000 yards for the season. But then they started making AP the compliment to Favre.

And his numbers have went down since.

And AP can catch, they just dont ask him to do so much. He's not the blocker that CJ is though.

CJ can run between the tackles, but he's still a scatback. AP is an everything back.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Chris Johnson is to the NFL what Reggie Bush was to CFB.
I don't know about all that. Bush was literally unstoppable in college
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
I still think Peterson is better. CJ is #2 though.

The thing is, Peterson is just not getting that many carries this year. Its not like years past, when he was the entire offense. The Vikings are a passing team now, believe it or not.

AP is more of an afterthought to their passing attack.

If they ran him like hell and made Favre the compliment, he'd put up monster numbers. They did for the first couple of games, and AP looked like he might hit 2000 yards for the season. But then they started making AP the compliment to Favre.

And his numbers have went down since.

And AP can catch, they just dont ask him to do so much. He's not the blocker that CJ is though.

CJ can run between the tackles, but he's still a scatback. AP is an everything back.
I wouldn't say he is a scatback at all. He is getting the majority of his teams carries, including the goal-line work. Adrian Peterson looked like he might hit 2000, but Chris Johnson has a really good chance to get there himself this year. CJ gets to play the worst run-D in the league this week.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I don't know about all that. Bush was literally unstoppable in college
Maybe because he had cutback lanes you could drive a truck through every game and played on one of the more talented offenses in recent years.

Anyways, I think Johnson most valuable asset is that he can simply run away from people. Once he gets in the open field, its game over. He doesnt break tackles like Peterson does, but hes a much better inside runner then I ever would of given him credit for coming out of college.

I think at the top, it goes Peterson, Johnson, MJD. Drew is a workhorse, and he has killer speed as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't necessarily a believer of Chris Johnson as a feature back coming into the season, foreseeing a 1-2 punch of Johnson and a slimmer, more fit LenDale White. I was wrong, and I admit that. He's the second best back in the league and he's one of the best friend's a quarterback could have. Some lists above me have me wanting to do my own here.

1. Adrian Peterson - Vikings
2. Chris Johnson - Titans
3. Steven Jackson - Rams
4. Maurice Jones-Drew - Jaguars
5. Frank Gore - 49ers
6. Cedric Benson - Bengals
7. DeAngelo Williams - Carolina
8. Michael Turner - Falcons
9. Ray Rice - Ravens
10. Ronnie Brown - Dolphins

Honorable Mention: Thomas Jones, Rashard Mendenhall, Brandon Jacobs

Not Listed: Brian Westbrook

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I wouldn't say he is a scatback at all. He is getting the majority of his teams carries, including the goal-line work. Adrian Peterson looked like he might hit 2000, but Chris Johnson has a really good chance to get there himself this year. CJ gets to play the worst run-D in the league this week.
To me, if you can't take 20 runs up the gut every game, youre more of a scatback.

I can't see CJ holding up for an entire season if he had to do that. AP could. He's more of a complete runner. But CJ is more of a complete player. If that makes any sense.