Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Imagine what Johnson could do with a passing game around him that kept defenses spread out. Yeah, he's pretty ridiculous.
When the Titans draft Clausen this will start to happen.

Oh yah that's the train I'm starting, choo choo git on the train.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
When the Titans draft Clausen this will start to happen.

Oh yah that's the train I'm starting, choo choo git on the train.
you're predicting that they're gonna choo choo choose jimmy clausen?

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Imagine what Johnson could do with a passing game around him that kept defenses spread out. Yeah, he's pretty ridiculous.
That's what everyone said about Peterson the first two seasons.

Touches and offensive line play> having a good passing game

(when we are talking about runners racking up numbers)
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
you're predicting that they're gonna choo choo choose jimmy clausen?

oh Yes.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
That's what everyone said about Peterson the first two seasons.

Touches and offensive line play> having a good passing game

(when we are talking about runners racking up numbers)
I'll take all three. Peterson is averaging the same number of ypc as last year, isn't having to run the ball as much and wear down his body, is catching more passes, and his team is better.
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Side note to the thread, but the Ray Rice nut hugging and saying he is a better back than Frank Gore is crap to me, especially the one guy who said Gore hasn't ever put it all together and that Gore should be what Rice is? Uhhh... you miss the past 3 years? Rice is having a great year, but the Ravens would still be competitive without him. You take Gore out of the 49ers backfield and their offense is nonexistent. I know its crazy to imagine that the Ravens don't have a terribad offense, but it is actually solid now with a real quarterback and one of the most impressive offensive lines in the game right now. Then we take a peak over at the 49ers where we've got Alex Smith, one of the bottom 5 lines in the league. The receivers 49ers probably get an edge over Baltimore at this point with VD playing as well as he is now and all the young potential at wideout they've got. I have a hard time putting Gore behind anyone not named Peterson, Chris Johnson or Maurice Jones-Drew this year. He's right in the 4-7 range with SJax, Michael Turner and DeAngelo Williams. I'm not saying Rice isn't going to be a better back, but to downgrade him so much because of injury is crap, because you can tell he makes more or as much of a difference for his team than any other back.

I'd rank my top 10 something like this...
1. Adrian Peterson
2. Chris Johnson
3. Maurice Jones-Drew
4. Frank Gore
5. Stephen Jackson
6. DeAngelo Williams
7. Cedric Benson
8. Michael Turner
9. Ronnie Brown
10. Ray Rice

I won't be surprised if someone 8-10 gets knocked off in favour of Mendenhall by years end though. Hes played great since he took over for Parker now that hes getting more than 1 carry every 2 quarters. Speaking of which, since the first couple weeks of the season, anyone else think the Steelers offensive line has gotten WAY better? Just something I've noticed in the 2-3 games I've seen of them starting from the Chargers game.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I think that definition is a bit unfair.

CJ has already displayed the ability to be an inside runner. He's not limited at all to running outside. It's just because he has that speed that if he can turn the corner, he's getting a 1st Down or more. The Titans aren't spreading the field to open things up for CJ. They're lining up in the I-Formation with a FB and TE and playing power football. Now that VY is in there though, we're seeing some option stuff and other things too. It's gonna be interesting to see how they continue to utilize both VY and CJ together.

CJ's a lot tougher than he's given credit for. He's not gonna truck you like AD, but he can still break tackles.

2:13 :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post

2:13 :)
Lol, I ALMOST put "(unless you're from Jacksonville)" in my post. :D

He ain't no Earl or Eddie though. But, why run through someone when you can blow their doors off? ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
the last page and a half make me smile <3

I put johnson below AD, MJD and Raymell baby with Gore VERY close behind
wow... that made me smile... at your stupidity
Old 11-10-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Johnson has all the characteristics I look for in a running back.

Fast, awesome, dreads, gold teeth, beat Boise State, called out Jamie Dukes and most importantly plays for the Titans.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looks so much faster than Bush! The only thing I wonder about CJ is that for a 200 lb. RB, how many years can he hold up??

Love how Chris Johnson doesn't dance and juke, instead he cuts, slashes, and gets up field.

Mr. Bush would do himself well to watch some CJ highlights.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I hate to brag, but....well, I actually like bragging. Here's me, months before the 2008 Draft, saying Chris Johnson was a less hyped version of what Reggie Bush was supposed to be.

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/topic...__pid__3241811
Old 11-10-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In that thread I found this gem:

Quote:
Wow, the kid runs hard as ****. He breaks more tackles in one game than Darren McFadden broke all season, probably in his entire collegiate career, and he runs faster than "DMC" too. I'm going to have to watch some tape on this kid, he looks like a baller.
Sounds about right, oh and he doesn't fumble twice every game.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is top three IMO, even with his speed he will break tackles. IMO he looks like Barry Sanders with less dancing, like Sanders, no can get a proper angle on him because of his speed he just bouces off tackles.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Chris Johnson has all the characteristics I look for in a running back.

Fast, awesome, dreads, gold teeth, beat Boise State, called out Jamie Dukes and most importantly plays for the Titans.
He looks intense with his golds LOL, i always like it when he smiles after a TD. :)

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
wow... that made me smile... at your stupidity
ah the good ol' homer goggles. some people can't admit that another teams RB is superior to their own
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at that highlight reel makes me jealous of how well the Titans seal off the edges and get him toss plays, I wish we could do that. :(

That's one thing we lack right now, big plays, even though we are running the ball well, we really have to put in our heavy set to get the job done, we don't even have a fullback right now, so we run from the spread, or in the heavy formation with a third tackle, and David Thomas at FB, haha.

Despite being top 5 in rushing yards per game, and top 8 in yards per carry, we really can't spring big plays, our longest run of the year is 35 yards by Mike Bell, and we only have 7 rushes of more than 20 yards.

Ah well, as long as Brees and Peyton are here, the linemen we put in, and the scheme are going to be geared towards holding up the passing game, and it's nice that we have some consistency, but with the talent we have at HB and with the way we have the field spread, we should be busting more big runs.

Maybe that's the key, anyone think the fact that we almost never see 8-9 men fronts has something to do with it? Since the safeties are forced to sit back, we can get a lot more runs in the 5-15 yard range, but there is always a last line of defense to stop it from going 80?

Back on topic, props to the Tennessee coaching staff for recognizing how talented Johnson is and getting him the ball in all the right ways, props to the O-line for looking dominant in the run game, and props to Chris Johnson for being a ******* beast.

I knew their running game would be special after I saw Lendale White run 80 yards UNTOUCHED against the Chiefs last year. Really think about that for a second, haha.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:21 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
ah the good ol' homer goggles. some people can't admit that another teams RB is superior to their own
i might not admit that another teams rb is superior to my teams but i will admit that several running backs have an arguement and ray rice isnt one of them and everyone accept die hard rutgers/ravens fans will agree, ray rice top 10? yes there is an arguement there but a top 3 rb in the league HELL NO, im not dumb enough to let my titans homerism make me sound like a fool, however you have fun doing that
Old 11-11-2009, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the Frank Gore love in this thread makes me so happy haha

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:59 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frank Gore is like Marvin Harrison was a few years ago when discussions on the best WRs come up, he's the forgotten **** wrecker.

Gore has been amazingly good for a number of years now and his production hasn't waned all that much considering his offensive supporting cast consisted of a fast but otherwise useless (till now) tight end and a few cast offs at Wide Receiver and quarterback.

Chis Johnson is among the best in the league, without a shadow of a doubt as are Ray Rice, Cedric Benson and MJD, but I still rank Turner, Williams and Peterson ahead of them. I don't get into numerical rankings because I think they're mildly ******** as a form of discussion, but I feel that both Turner and Williams are the most complete backs in the league. Sure the previous guys I mentioned can catch and in some cases pass protect as well, but the three I have ranked ahead of the others run, catch and protect just as well and those previous (except peterson) but posses better vision, on field awareness (finding holes in zone coverage, knowing when to wiff blocks on a screen, knowing when to drop or get out of bounds, knowing when to break on a route etc) more than the others, and I think their production as a collective cannot be ignored.

Peterson is the enigma, he's not all that good of a receiver or as a blocker, but his brilliance in all other areas make him too much of a force to ignore, and I've probably been one of his biggest detractors over the past two seasons.

Johnson is close to eclipsing Turner and Williams in my opinion, however his blocking and field craft isn't right where it needs to be to rank him ahead. His production is good enough though you could probably ranking him just below my big three but above the others.

Williams, Turner, peterson

c Johnson

Ray Rice, Benson, MJD, Gore, Jackson, Brown

Others

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:22 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a huge Johnson fan, I personally think he is the leagues most exciting player.

It's an interesting situation between him and Peterson and personally I think it is between them.

Johnson is a far better receiver, get that part out of the way early. Both are average blockers, so as far as the passing game goes, big win to Johnson.

Now it's interesting from there. For me Johnson works with a fair bit better OL and has for both his seasons, that Tennessee line is great and to me is what makes their performance so far so surprising. Favre, Rice and Harvin have made the Vikes passing game a fair bit better this year, but it seems to have taken away from Peterson a bit so who knows on that front?

Peterson is a bit better inside, Johnson is better outside, both hit homeruns consistently. Just a pair of very good backs doing what they do. I think Johnson is having a better year but I still have Peterson as 1a over Johnson at 1b if I were to pick one just because his size should hold up better longterm. Flat out can't go wrong with either.

Also no knock on Gore or DeAngelo who are the next two best for me. Lot of other guys are in the next pack after those two. I would actually hate to be a RB prospect right now as very few teams have needs there, most have good young backs, which makes the whole passing frenzy in the league all the more questionable.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:42 AM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

Second most dangerous offensive player in the NFL imo behind Peterson. I say Peterson because he can set, break, or tie an NFL record any time he steps on the field. Johnson is ridiculous himself too but in different ways. I can really see him averaging 6 plus yards a carry over an entire season. Last to do that was Barry Sanders.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:03 AM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

Hold up, Gore has never put it together ??????? That guy must've started watching NFL the year after Gore dropped 1695 yards on 5.4 YPC on peoples heads.

He also probably slept in when Gore had those 2 80 yard runs for TD's earlier in the season. First RB to have 2 80 yarders in same game since Barry Sanders.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:12 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't have the answer but the question for me when rating RB isn't just yards or receiving skills, ' How good a pass blocker are they' because if they are weak as a pass blocker, it really hurts the team's ability to pass the ball.

I also love how few people rate Benson among the top RB's. He is right up there with the best of them today.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:51 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Frank Gore is like Marvin Harrison was a few years ago when discussions on the best WRs come up, he's the forgotten **** wrecker.

Gore has been amazingly good for a number of years now and his production hasn't waned all that much considering his offensive supporting cast consisted of a fast but otherwise useless (till now) tight end and a few cast offs at Wide Receiver and quarterback.

Chis Johnson is among the best in the league, without a shadow of a doubt as are Ray Rice, Cedric Benson and MJD, but I still rank Turner, Williams and Peterson ahead of them. I don't get into numerical rankings because I think they're mildly ******** as a form of discussion, but I feel that both Turner and Williams are the most complete backs in the league. Sure the previous guys I mentioned can catch and in some cases pass protect as well, but the three I have ranked ahead of the others run, catch and protect just as well and those previous (except peterson) but posses better vision, on field awareness (finding holes in zone coverage, knowing when to wiff blocks on a screen, knowing when to drop or get out of bounds, knowing when to break on a route etc) more than the others, and I think their production as a collective cannot be ignored.

Peterson is the enigma, he's not all that good of a receiver or as a blocker, but his brilliance in all other areas make him too much of a force to ignore, and I've probably been one of his biggest detractors over the past two seasons.

Johnson is close to eclipsing Turner and Williams in my opinion, however his blocking and field craft isn't right where it needs to be to rank him ahead. His production is good enough though you could probably ranking him just below my big three but above the others.

Williams, Turner, peterson

c Johnson

Ray Rice, Benson, MJD, Gore, Jackson, Brown

Others
Chris Johnson is a very good blocker my friend. I dont no what the hell field craft is but Im sure Chris has plenty of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote