Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Offense

-Mike Wallace
-Mark Sanchez
-Percy Harvin
-Michael Oher
-tie between Hakeem Nicks and Jeremy Maclin
Mike Wallace has been awesome indeed. I really like how he has come in and stepped up big for the Steelers. He is so ridiculously fast it isn't even fair. As he gets more and more involved with the offense, he will be able to truly shine.

I would give the OROY to Harvin as of right now though.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Crap, I knew I forgot some stuff. I wanted to talk about Jay Ratliff and Vincent Jackson.

Oh well, I'll save them for next time.
I have been meaning to bring this up somewhere as well. Every time I have watched the Cowboys, Ratliff has far and away been the most impressive player on that defense. From what I understand, he has been playing out of position at NT, but if I were the Cowboys, Id never move him, cause hes a force to be reckoned with. I have seen about 5 Cowboys games this year, and Ratliff has been lights out in all of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vincent Jackson is the new Plaxico Burress. The guy is a monster. He runs great routes, hes huge, he's strong, he's an incredible deep threat.

You just have to throw it up there. Their entire pass game is literally jump ball. Its almost impossible to defend. Whoever has single coverage, Rivers just has to throw it up to them.

Its a deadly passing attack.

Jay Ratliff is the new Darnell Dockett. In fact, he's identical to Dockett. They're the same player. I felt Dockett was the most underrated DT in the game last year, Ratliff is the most underrated DT in the game this year.

He's identical to Dockett. He'd be even better at DE in the 3-4, just like Dockett.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't get any thoughts on this before, anyone want to take it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post

On that note, I want to hear from someone more medically educated than I am, but from what I know from basketball, Microfracture is always a serious surgery for a guy that relies on his athletic ability like Reggie does, but the usual deal is, it's 1 year of rehab and recovery, and then they can start playing, but you don't expect the knee to be back to 100% until around 2 years after the surgery.

I've never seen a player play until at LEAST the 1 year mark. Reggie had his surgery in mid-december of 2008, and he was back in june of 2009, that's not even 7 months. Is this a good sign that he recovered faster than expected, or did he come back too soon?

Granted he still is explosive, but he doesn't look quite as quick as he did last season before he got injured, when he was leading the league in touchdowns....

I guess we'll see what happens, but the Saints still seem to be being very cautious about it, because he gets taken from the game completely once we are ahead, and even when he starts out running well, they still don't feed him the ball when he looks to be flowing.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't get any thoughts on this before, anyone want to take it?
i can't really speak on it as an expert, but players almost never come back from microfracture surgery with the same explosion.

from what i've seen. i could be wrong.

Kenny Phillips had the same surgery to correct a potentially career ending injury. So I'm also concerned about its long term effects.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was kinda worried, then Reggie dove to the endzone from like 25 feet out, but I can't help but worry about him coming back that soon. I know Greg Oden, Amare Stoudemire, Chris Webber, and Jason Kidd all came back at just about the 1 year mark.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:00 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD, no mention of Raymell baby? :(

and Bengals need to give Leonard more touches. they did last week, he's a damn good runner.
Fun fact: he outscored Jonathan Stewart in fantasy football this past week.
RUTGERS WIN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I was kinda worried, then Reggie dove to the endzone from like 25 feet out, but I can't help but worry about him coming back that soon. I know Greg Oden, Amare Stoudemire, Chris Webber, and Jason Kidd all came back at just about the 1 year mark.
None were ever the same after that surgery too. Even Amare. Amare was an absolute monster before his surgery. I thought he'd be the next best thing at PF.

But that surgery killed his explosion. He's not the same anymore.

Bush is still explosive. But not as much as he used to be. In a way its good for him, now he has to use some vision instead of trying to burn the edge every time.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post

and Bengals need to give Leonard more touches. they did last week, he's a damn good runner.
RUTGERS WIN!
just typing his name out would give me premature ejaculation. so i tried refraining.

i don't know how you do it Scotty. unless youre ok with it happening.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vincent Jackson is like Plaxico Burress, minus the attitude problems and the poor catch %.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
just typing his name out would give me premature ejaculation. so i tried refraining.

i don't know how you do it Scotty. unless youre ok with it happening.
every time I post makes me change my pants.
I do laundry daily. I steal my roomie's quarters, it gets bad.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Vincent Jackson is like Plaxico Burress, minus the attitude problems and the poor catch %.
and the bullet in his leg
Quote:
Old 11-10-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice write up. I'm going to comment on what you said about bye weeks in the playoffs. I agree. And you should know all about this. See 2001(?) NFC Championship game. Vikings vs Giants. Giants won 41-0. I would be just fine with Vikings having the 3rd seed in the NFC this year. I have a feeling they will crumple late. If they get the bye, they will crumple in the divisional round.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

People keep saying that about Amare, but I disagree, his best and most efficient season (at the basket and overall) was post surgery.

Right now he looks less explosive, but before the eye injury, he was scorching, but after that he had to lay flat on his stomach for like months to drain his eye... He hasn't been able to regain his explosion, but he did return to form post-surgery.

Like I said though, Reggie seems close enough now, that I'm comfortable that he'll be much better at this same point next season. I'm still worried about long term impact it could have IF he rushed back.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Having that said, theyre not the only team in the NFL with a roadgrading oline and 2 great backs. I mean, to me, Carolina SCREAMS wildcat, and they don't use it that much.

I think plenty of teams can use it, they just have to be more committed to practicing it. You can't just practice it a couple of times in practice a week and expect to do it well. It has to be preached and practiced just like anything else.

Im a believer in the wildcat. I think its only going to get better.
I wonder what would happen if the Raiders decided to forget about Jamarcus Russell and go with a Wildhog with Darren McFadden, Justin Fargas and Michael Bush.

If the Bills had a better line they would be ideal for the Wildcat as well.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post

RUTGERS WIN!
All you need to know is Rice is a freaking beast, he goes 100% and doesnt stop moving on the inside runs, he is possibly the most elusive player in the open field he can catch out of the backfield. The reason he had a bad game against Bengals was because they dominated the LOS so he had no where to run, and Hall/Joseph were able to shut down our WR 1 on 1 so they were planning for his screens out of the backfield. He is a beast
Old 11-10-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was gonna make a thoughts thread, but decided it was a waste because I only had one.

Brett Kern is the goddam MVP.

His record with the Broncos? 6-0.
His record with the Titans? 2-0.

Broncos record since he left? 0-2.
Titans record before he arrived? 0-6.

...the ****?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
People keep saying that about Amare, but I disagree, his best and most efficient season (at the basket and overall) was post surgery.

Right now he looks less explosive, but before the eye injury, he was scorching, but after that he had to lay flat on his stomach for like months to drain his eye... He hasn't been able to regain his explosion, but he did return to form post-surgery.

Like I said though, Reggie seems close enough now, that I'm comfortable that he'll be much better at this same point next season. I'm still worried about long term impact it could have IF he rushed back.
I think the year thing works. Explosion might not FULLY return, but in the case of Bush and Amare, they have explosion to spare. How's Oden looking this season btw? He's a year removed now. Last year he just looked sluggish out there and since he was used to being so quick I think that accounts for most of his foul problems from last season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Vincent Jackson is the new Plaxico Burress. The guy is a monster. He runs great routes, hes huge, he's strong, he's an incredible deep threat.

You just have to throw it up there. Their entire pass game is literally jump ball. Its almost impossible to defend. Whoever has single coverage, Rivers just has to throw it up to them.

Its a deadly passing attack.

Jay Ratliff is the new Darnell Dockett. In fact, he's identical to Dockett. They're the same player. I felt Dockett was the most underrated DT in the game last year, Ratliff is the most underrated DT in the game this year.

He's identical to Dockett. He'd be even better at DE in the 3-4, just like Dockett.
Never made the connection to Dockett... Always admired Dockett from afar... Nice to know I got someone like him in my back pocket. ;)

APS, Dallas lately has started to move Ratliff all along the DL. It's been working like a charm.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

This sums up the Raiders.

To steal from Bill Simmons, ladies and gentlemen, your 2009 Oakland Raiders!

Just imagine what Ratliff would do with a real NT next to him.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
I was gonna make a thoughts thread, but decided it was a waste because I only had one.

Brett Kern is the goddam MVP.

His record with the Broncos? 6-0.
His record with the Titans? 2-0.

Broncos record since he left? 0-2.
Titans record before he arrived? 0-6.

...the ****?
This is the most important fact that no one knows about. I was thinking about how much I missed Kern last night. Berger is aweful now :(

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Supporting Caste
Rookie

Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree about Benson. I am somewhat biased, though, in that I think he's just doomed to be a flash in the plan regardless of how many carries he gets. He's gonna tank any second now. The guy was flat out garbage every single season until this one.

Also, I'm not sure I'd say Dockett and Ratliff are the same players.

Ratliff is one of a kind IMO. The guy is probably under 290 but he's a phenomenal nose tackle because he's so incredibly strong and fierce. The insane thing about him is he is legitimately athletic enough to play 3-4 linebacker. I've never seen a nose tackle who is in pursuit past the second level so often.

Ratliff is just incredible. He's definitely a top 10 defender in the league IMO.

Last edited by Supporting Caste : 11-10-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Supporting Caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
All you need to know is Rice is a freaking beast, he goes 100% and doesnt stop moving on the inside runs, he is possibly the most elusive player in the open field he can catch out of the backfield. The reason he had a bad game against Bengals was because they dominated the LOS so he had no where to run, and Hall/Joseph were able to shut down our WR 1 on 1 so they were planning for his screens out of the backfield. He is a beast
you're telling ME this? child please :)
Quote:
Old 11-10-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supporting Caste View Post
I agree about Benson. I am somewhat biased, though, in that I think he's just doomed to be a flash in the plan regardless of how many carries he gets. He's gonna tank any second now. The guy was flat out garbage every single season until this one.
That's not a good way to look at it I don't think. He was terrible in Chicago sure, but so was every player on Chicago's offense. He was excellent at Texas, there was a reason he was drafted in the top 5.

He's always had the talent, it just never came out. Some guys develop slow. I wouldn't expect any slowdown from him.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supporting Caste View Post

Also, I'm not sure I'd say Dockett and Ratliff are the same players.

Ratliff is one of a kind IMO. The guy is probably under 290 but he's a phenomenal nose tackle because he's so incredibly strong and fierce. The insane thing about him is he is legitimately athletic enough to play 3-4 linebacker. I've never seen a nose tackle who is in pursuit past the second level so often.

Ratliff is just incredible. He's definitely a top 10 defender in the league IMO.
Dockett has played some NT for the Cardinals as well.

I think theyre pretty much the same player. Dockett might be a little stronger, Ratliff a little quicker.