Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-11-2009, 08:38 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Graphic Novels

So I've recently started getting into reading graphic novels, and I'm not very educated on what are the must haves as far as graphic novels go, so I thought to myself, "Where could I find a village of nerds who could help recommend me some of their nerd writings?" Then I thought to myself, "Duh Silly, goto NFLDC where nerds roam freely amongst one and other."

So what I am looking for is some recommendations for graphic novels that are sort of edgy (****** up books are encouraged) I'd also tend to prefer more realistic stories but I am not entirely opposed to the other worldly if it is well done. I also tend to be attracted to a more visually appealing novel with neat-o art.

So NFLDC I ask you, what are some great graphic novels?

Currently I own these three:

and

Old 11-11-2009, 08:56 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

your sig is so awesome.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:11 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, there's always some of the classics of course, but you've likely read well known ones like these already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:12 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
your sig is so awesome.
I was a little unsure of the board-wide reaction to my sig, but one thing I knew for sure, was that you would like it.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:53 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Graphic novels are being written now directly for screen adaption IMO, it's very easy to convert the comic panels to a film storyboard.

Frank Miller has made a whole career of this. I'm highly critical of him though, I really don't like the way he converted the Comics Silver Age classic Batman into some kind of Right Wing reactionary vigilante, & he took way too many liberties with historical accuracy in 300 with the Thermopylae battle -- & could he have been more homoerotic with the Spartans, c'mon? Like in all Hollywoodized adaptions the stars take their helmets off for photogenic purposes, in a battle I think they probably kept them on at all time.... you kept your head on that way, LOL. Sin City was an A+ novel series & film though.

From Hell about Jack the Ripper is an excellent graphic novel, so-so film. V For Vendetta ripped off George Orwell's 1984.

I prefer the Best American Comics anthology every yr. edited by a celeb cartoon artist (Charles Burns for 09), remember it for your XMas lists.

Last edited by LizardState : 11-11-2009 at 09:56 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Death and Return of Superman. I read that waaaaay back in the day.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:13 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Graphic novels are being written now directly for screen adaption IMO, it's very easy to convert the comic panels to a film storyboard.

Frank Miller has made a whole career of this. I'm highly critical of him though, I really don't like the way he converted the Comics Silver Age classic Batman into some kind of Right Wing reactionary vigilante, & he took way too many liberties with historical accuracy in 300 with the Thermopylae battle -- & could he have been more homoerotic with the Spartans, c'mon? Like in all Hollywoodized adaptions the stars take their helmets off for photogenic purposes, in a battle I think they probably kept them on at all time.... you kept your head on that way, LOL. Sin City was an A+ novel series & film though.

From Hell about Jack the Ripper is an excellent graphic novel, so-so film. V For Vendetta ripped off George Orwell's 1984.

I prefer the Best American Comics anthology every yr. edited by a celeb cartoon artist (Charles Burns for 09), remember it for your XMas lists.
Just about everything in the comic/graphic novel genre borrows/directly rips off something else though. X-Men somewhat ripped off doom patrol, Doom Patrol totally ripped off The Fantastic Four, the Fantastic Four ripped off Challengers of the Unknown, etc, etc, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:14 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anything by Daniel Clowes....Ghost World especially

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:08 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maus By Art Spiegelman

Fax from Sarajevo by Joe Kubert

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a fan of the Batman graphic Novels.
-The Long Halloween
-Dark Victory
-Knightfall
-The Hush series
-Year One
-The Killing Joke
-The Dark Knight Returns

All those good ones. I also liked Civil War from Marvel.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Dark Knight Returns
Batman Year One
Batman: The Long Halloween
Watchmen

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
the dude
Rookie

the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you like Batman, there are plenty of great ones. Other than that, I'd definitely recommend The Complete Maus.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:35 AM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Preacher is one that I would recommend
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:50 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
So I've recently started getting into reading graphic novels, and I'm not very educated on what are the must haves as far as graphic novels go, so I thought to myself, "Where could I find a village of nerds who could help recommend me some of their nerd writings?" Then I thought to myself, "Duh Silly, goto NFLDC where nerds roam freely amongst one and other."

So what I am looking for is some recommendations for graphic novels that are sort of edgy (****** up books are encouraged) I'd also tend to prefer more realistic stories but I am not entirely opposed to the other worldly if it is well done. I also tend to be attracted to a more visually appealing novel with neat-o art.

So NFLDC I ask you, what are some great graphic novels?

Currently I own these three:

and

Blackhole is awsome.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Y the Last Man is good

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Surrogates is amazing, and of course better than the movie. Read The Surrogates while listening to a Russian Circles album (possibly while high) for maximum enjoyment.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fables is excellent.

Y, anything by Frank Miller or Alan Moore.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I'm a fan of the Batman graphic Novels.
-The Long Halloween
-Dark Victory
-Knightfall
-The Hush series
-Year One
-The Killing Joke
-The Dark Knight Returns

All those good ones. I also liked Civil War from Marvel.

Speaking of Batman, I need to buyArkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watchmen. Arguably the best graphic novel of all time.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of Frank Miller's stuff is good (Batman: Year One) but a lot of his **** is just that: ****. He's been making stuff for so long, I guess that's unavoidable. Alan Moore and Warren Ellis are far superior writers and you should make a point of reading their more popular stuff.

Try and avoid just reading super hero stuff. A lot of it has been beaten to death and the story-lines get so strange and esoteric that they cease to make much sense (This is pretty much the case with every recent Superman comic I've tried to read).

My personal favorites...

From Hell - Alan Moore's take on Jack the Ripper. Be forewarned, it's entirely black and white and the dialogue actually approaches historical accuracy of English around that time period (which means it says a whole lot of nothing much of the time).

Transmetropolitan - One of my very favorite series. Probably Warren Ellis' best work, which is saying quite a bit. Warning: might make you a bit paranoid while you read it.

Watchmen - Of course. Perhaps the most ambitious and amazing piece of work ever in this format. That said, it might not be the best place to start.

Sandman - Neil Gaiman's masterpiece doesn't get nearly enough credit. It's easily on par with his best literary novels and has fantastic artwork.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Probably the best place to start when it comes to Alan Moore. The universe it takes place in is awesome (as is the artwork). Bonus if you are at all knowledgeable about literature around the turn of the 20th century. Don't worry, it's way better than the horrible movie based on it.

Hellblazer - By Jaime Delano. This is a pretty fun series, although I've only ever read bits and pieces of it. Also much better than the movie based on it.

Oh, and if you're at all inclined, you can usually find torrents of .cbr files online. These are scans of comic books designed to viewed in a .cbr reader (there are tons of freeware ones out there). It's usually a good way to figure out if you like something enough to buy it, or to avoid buying it entirely (if you don't mind reading off your computer screen).

Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck : 11-12-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Co-sign Sandman. Just pick up the whole run, well worth it.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Walking Dead?

Almost anything with Writer: Geoff Johns in the credits?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It depends on if you're talking graphic novels in the technical sense, or if you're referring to the comics medium as a whole. If you want edgy, then Vertigo is the way to go. Fables, 100 Bullets, and some others are not only R rated, but well written. Marvel MAX is inferior to DC's Vertigo, but Supreme Power would rock your socks off. It's very good, and it's pretty political.

Frank Miller's Daredevil run was great, and you can't go wrong with Bendis or Brubaker Daredevil either.

Andhow is Birth of a Nation? I've been wanting to read that for a while, even if Reggie Hudlin's ****** name is involved. McGruder's my boy, so I wanted to see what he wrote.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote