Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 11-14-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 10 Raiders vs Chiefs

After a long, boring bye week, its time for some more raiders football!

McFadden, Schilens and Gallery are back. Should atleast help this offence. Maybe Russell's play will improve with the #1 guy back. Gallery was really missed at LG, with him back maybe we can get the running game going. DMC hasnt been impressive in the few games he has played in. Maybe this week at home against the poor run defense the Chiefs have, he can get it going.

Ellis is questionable, had surgery on his knee and shoulder. If the offence gets some points, the D should play good.

Excited to see what Shaughnessy can do this week. If Ellis is out, he should get more playing time. He looked good against San Diego

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should be an interesting matchup; we suck but so does KC. We'll finally see if Shilens is the real deal or if it has all been hype. Gallery being back is probably the biggest plus in my book, he should help the run game a lot. Hopefully Cable takes advantage of that and actually calls some running plays.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like me and 3 of my friends are going to the game. Gonna buy cheap tickets and hopefully be able to move up alot in our seats. 2nd game this year for me

My Raiders Mock

Old 11-14-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Looks like me and 3 of my friends are going to the game.
You might be the only people there...

I'm sorry could not help my self the Chiefs suck to I know sad times...
Old 11-14-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Ya I heard only around 30,000 people will be there. So we should be able to move up alot of seats if the security arnt dicks

My Raiders Mock

Old 11-15-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wild Hog Alert!

I can't believe it took this long to see it.

Last edited by 619 : 11-15-2009 at 03:27 PM.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bust after bust after bust after bust after bust ..................................
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
After a long, boring bye week, its time for some more raiders football!

McFadden, Schilens and Gallery are back. Should atleast help this offence. Maybe Russell's play will improve with the #1 guy back. Gallery was really missed at LG, with him back maybe we can get the running game going. DMC hasnt been impressive in the few games he has played in. Maybe this week at home against the poor run defense the Chiefs have, he can get it going.

Ellis is questionable, had surgery on his knee and shoulder. If the offence gets some points, the D should play good.

Excited to see what Shaughnessy can do this week. If Ellis is out, he should get more playing time. He looked good against San Diego
Schillens provided a couple of catches but was relatively quiet. Still our best receiver though.

Gallery was decent but had probably the biggest penalty of the game that took away the 50 yard reception.

McFadden didn't get too many carries.

Cornell Green played pretty well.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

My thoughts on the game

Offence looked better at first. Gallery and Schilens back helped Russell start off alright

The drops lost us the game. DHB with a few drops, Murphy with a few too really hurt us.

Defense is beastly. Started to show they were tired in the 4th since we went 3 and out probably 4 straight times.

More wildcat. Only used it twice. We need something to jump start the O, look at Miami. There offence isnt all that good until they use the Wildcat.

DMC? Bush showed today he is the #1 RB, Fargas looked alright too, but DMC is showing nothing. I think we need to put DMC as KR/PR so he gets more touches at least. Higgins is nothing as PR

3rd and long on D. For some reason we never have been good on 3rd and long. Chiefs got a few clutch 1st downs on 3rd and long

My Raiders Mock

Old 11-15-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Looks like there is a very good chance Gradkowski will start against Cincinnati. Hopefully he outplays Russell the rest of the season and we somehow get rid of Russell. Draft Clausen or Locker or pick up a vet.

My Raiders Mock

Old 11-15-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No more rookie quarterbacks. Not in the first round anyway. Give me Chad Pennington and then draft linemen like there's no tomorrow.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Pennington or Rosenfels sounds good to me. If we can somehow end up with Suh.....

My Raiders Mock

Old 11-15-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We suck so much, its not even funny. Btw PMD, you're a smart man. Chad Pennington is the one of the most accurate QBs in the NFL, but he can't go deep. He'll never be a Raider.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Looking at the free agent class, Jason Campbell, David Carr and Kellen Clemons stand out as good armed QB's that can be signed.

My Raiders Mock

Old 11-16-2009, 05:06 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I imagine that the Redskins will hold onto Campbell if they can (via a short contract), even if they plan to draft a quarterback. Carr does absolutely nothing for me, but Clemens is sort of intriguing. That said, I think Pennington probably has two more seasons in him after this one and he's easily the best available option.

If this team has any shot at winning without completely blowing up the roster, it has to be through running the football and playing solid defense. Getting in a smart game manager is the best possible solution right now.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:14 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
We suck so much, its not even funny. Btw PMD, you're a smart man. Chad Pennington is the one of the most accurate QBs in the NFL, but he can't go deep. He'll never be a Raider.
Sad, but probably true. However, this offseason could see some interesting changes. Al's going to hire a HC from outside the organization (ever notice how that alternates in Oakland?) and to get someone he actually wants, he's likely going to have to make some concessions (or we'll be coached by Pat Hill...wooh). Will Al allow a starting QB who can't throw deep? Probably not. Will a better option present itself? Probably not. We just have to see how the chips fall.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Posted this on raiderfans.net

Quote:
If everything goes as planned, Gradkowski should be able to start this week vs Cincinnati. If Gradkowski's play in that game, and the rest of the season is better than Russell's, we should be looking on how to get rid of Russell. Trade? Who is going to take him "fat" contract? Maybe if he resigns a deal. Release? Looks like a no capped season, so now is the time to do it. Restructure Contract? Id rather get rid of his ass. He has showed he is not dedicated to become a NFL QB. As a QB you are expected to come in inshape and lead the offence.

Now Im not expecting Gradkowski to play lights out the rest of the season, but he should outplay Russell. Gradkowski isnt our future though. He is a serviceable QB that in the right situation can come in and win a few games. The following are options through F/A that seem to fit our type of QB

QB Jason Campbell Washington Redskins
Young, strong armed QB, former 1st round pick. Has had his chance in Washington to shine, but has been up and down his whole career. Change of scenery might change it? He has a good enough arm to play for us, and well is better than JaMarcus

QB David Carr New York Giants
The former #1 pick overall was put into a bad situation right from the start. Asking him to start 16 games as a rookie in a brand new team is something that shouldnt have happened. His lat 3 seasons though as a Texan were alot better than what we have had for the last 7 years. Carr has the arm and expierence to come in and help us.

QB Kellen Clemens New York Jets
The former 2nd round pick has had Brett Favre, Chad Pennington and Mark Sanchez starting in front of him his whole career. He has had some play time over him few years in NY, but at 26 years old, if he is a NFL QB, he will show it now. Clemens has a decent arm, and good accuracy.

Now on to the draft, I dont think we can handle drafting a QB early in the draft. Id much rather take a chance on one of those 3 QB's. But if I had to choose a QB from this years draft, Id take Jimmy Clausen. Has the arm and play time to be a NFL IMO. He is a California kid who would be loved by fans from the start. But having a rookie QB contract is too much to handle right now.

If we are able to pick up one of the 3 F/A QB's, I hope we go DT, DE or OT with our top 10 pick. Prospects that have really stood out for me are: DT Ndamukong Suh, DE Everson Griffen, OT Russell Okung and OT Anthony Davis. Suh is pretty much a Richard Seymour clone coming out of Nebraska. He is great against both the pass and run. He isnt a perfect fit at NT in a 4-3, but is alot better than Kelly and Warren. Griffen is the type of athlete Al likes. He compares to Dwight Freeney with his great pass rush and small height. Okung is with out a doubt the #1 OT right now. He is the classic LT that isnt the prospect Joe Thomas or Jake Long was, but is still worth a top pick. Davis is a huge prospect from Rutgers than be a probowler at almost every posistion on the Oline. At 6'6 325lbs+, you might think he isnt a athlete, but if you watch film on him, the big man can move. If we draft one of the OT's, I think we will need to decide on if Mario Henderson can play LT. If Okung is drafted, we should move Henderson to RT, if Davis is drafted, I have them battle it out

My Raiders Mock