Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,325
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Eagles will not recover

2 Team Race. The fight for the NFC East Crown will boil down to 2 teams. The Dallas Cowboys and the NY Giants. If I think I know, what I think I know, then the Dallas Cowboys will win the division. Go ahead. Call me a homer. I can take it. However, I'm not an overboard homer. There is a strong chance that if NY sweeps the Cowboys this year, then the title could be theirs. But I stand by what I thought before the season began... and that is that I thought we would split the series with them. Which means that if we do split, then the tie breaker (which is your W/L record versus Division opponents) will go to the Cowboys because NY already lost to Philly and I'm predicting a revenge win in Week 17 Dallas vs Philly. If Dallas goes 12-4, the crown is completely theirs. If Dallas goes 11-5, and beats NY then the crown is theirs. If Dallas loses to NY, then NY could take the crown because they swept the series. Both Dallas and NY have favorable schedules down the road and I don't see more than 2 losses for either team.

Dallas will enjoy safe weather. If it wasn't apparent before, does the Green Bay loss convince you? Dallas' offense simply struggles to move the ball in cold weather. Garrett has designed a finesse passing attack sprinkled in with runs. But the schedule favors us to play indoors the rest of the way and that plays right into our strength.

Dallas
11 Sun, Nov 22 vs Washington W - A Gimme.
12 Thu, Nov 26 vs Oakland W - 2 full weeks sleeping in their own bed = win
13 Sun, Dec 6 @ NY Giants W - Split the series prediction.
14 Sun, Dec 13 vs San Diego W - Home field advantage. Check.
15 Sat, Dec 19 @ New Orleans L - Both teams like to play indoors, but NOR has home field advantage.
16 Sun, Dec 27 @ Washington W - No December slump this year.
17 Sun, Jan 3 vs Philadelphia W - Revengance.

Dallas finishes 12-4 in that scenario. 11-5 and they may not win the division. A lot rides on the Giants game. Philly on the other hand will be crawling into Week 17.

Week 17 - Revenge Game. That Week 17 game will be just as meaningful as it was last year. I'm sure nobody around here underestimates the feeling of revenge and hatred that the Cowboys have for the Eagles and vice versa. In yet another classic NFC East duel, it will come down to the last week of the season to figure out playoff seeding. But Dallas should be victorious this time around. For one, it's a home game in their brand new warm and fuzzy stadium with the home crowd behind them and safe from frigid weather. Secondly, Philly could be without Westbrook and Brian Dawkins will NOT show up. Philly might have some new young weapons, but it is still too early for them to beat this veteran Cowboys group.

New York is gettng healthy, while Philly is getting hurt. The Giants are coming off a much needed Bye week and look to have the horses ready to gear up for a second half swoon on the season. The injuries are piling up for the Eagles and Westbrook's career is in jeapardy. Andy Reid said, "Football right now for Brian Westbrook is not the important thing." Sad to hear for such a warrior, but his demise is also a reflection of the Eagles, the rest of the way: Respectable, but not enough.

NY
11 Sun, Nov 22 vs Atlanta W - Bye Week came at a great time & ATL is reelin'.
12 Thu, Nov 26 @ Denver W - No Orton, no win. A team that loses to WAS should be ashamed.
13 Sun, Dec 6 vs Dallas L - Split the series prediction.
14 Sun, Dec 13 vs Philadelphia W - Philly is on the road for a 2nd week in a row and IN New York.
15 Mon, Dec 21 @ Washington W - A gimme.
16 Sun, Dec 27 vs Carolina W - This is a tough tough match, but Carolina's RBs could be beat up by now.
17 Sun, Jan 3 @ Minnesota W - A gimme as Minnesota rests it's stars for the playoffs.

In this scenario, NYG finish the season strong going 6-1 and finishing 11-5. I think that is a possibility, but the Giants will have to work hard for it to happen. It could easily go south, but I sense them being more healthy than they were to start the season. They are getting healthy, while everyone else is getting hurt. Predicting them to make a big time comeback finishing the season as NFC East Champs or Wild Card winners. 10-6 still gets them in.


Coaching. The Andy Reid hot seat is burning and Philly fans are back to their normal, "Get that guy outta here" mood. It doesn't matter who that guy is.... There is always someone that Philly fans want to blame. It's just a natural feeling that puts them at ease. Maybe it's time for Reid to focus on loosing weight, family, giving up coaching and try GM'ing as a full time gig.

The new DC *name escapes me* seems to be on the right track, but it still is just his first season behind the reigns. JJ RIP. You are missed.


Homefield Disadvantage. Now, I'm not saying that the Eagles have a Homefield Disadvantage and will lose at home. Because if they do, then they are toast. Week 17 won't even matter if that's the case. I actually have the Eagles winning the rest of thier home games. But this is what I am getting at. Going into Week 17 for the Eagles is a tough road. Of the 3 relevant NFC East teams, Philly has 4 out of the last 7 games on the road. Giants and Cowboys only have 3 out of the last 7 on the road. So they have the disadvantage of the number of home games left.

I'm sure in the next 2 weeks, I'll be blasted in this thread though because the Eagles will reel off 2 straight wins. Yeah... Chicago and Washington don't appear to be much of a fight. But come December, Philly will have it's hands full and if they go 2-3 the rest of the way, then they'll finish 9-7 and out of the playoffs.

13 Sun, Dec 6 @ Atlanta (5-4) L - This is probably the most pivotal game for Philly the rest of the year. Win this and this post prediction could blow up.
14 Sun, Dec 13 @ NY Giants (5-4) L - Giants on the road? Not buying it.
15 Sun, Dec 20 vs San Francisco (4-5) W - A good win at home.
16 Sun, Dec 27 vs Denver (6-3) W - Orton may be out as well as Denver's chances of making the playoffs.
17 Sun, Jan 3 @ Dallas (6-3) L - Riding a 2 game winning streak will give the Eagles confidence, but it's not going to happen again. Stealing a line from Creek's sig, "This is our year!" :D I miss that guy.

9-7 is a respectable season, but ultimately leave the Eagles at home in the playoffs.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:40 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enjoying a succulent peach
Posts: 10,596
Reputation: 2578670
Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I think you're counting Philly out way too soon. I don't think they can win a superbowl but even without westbrook that team could get to the playoffs and win a game or two. I think they can definitely beat the falcons, us again and the cowboys in a re-match, especially if you guys keep racking up injuries.
__________________

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,271
Reputation: 4191549
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I would love for this to be true, and you were dead on last time, but the only thing holding me back from agreeing is Philly ALWAYS finishes the season strong. Even when they have brutal schedules.

Reid has a great December record. So I can't count them out yet.

To me, theyre still the most talented team in the East on paper.

I love bold predictions ;)
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,325
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I would love for this to be true, and you were dead on last time, but the only thing holding me back from agreeing is Philly ALWAYS finishes the season strong. Even when they have brutal schedules.

Reid has a great December record. So I can't count them out yet.

To me, theyre still the most talented team in the East on paper.

I love bold predictions ;)
No doubt, Philly has a tradition of finishing out strong, but they are lacking some things this year that they usually have had in the past.

1) Leadership - Starting from the man... Jim Johnson. He was a master coordinator with the experience to know what to do in all situations. That expertise is now gone. Coach Reid has lost a confidant and the truth is that he's made some questionable game time decisions and has uncharacteristically mismanaged the game clock in JJ's absence. While I'm just taking a guess on how much of a factor JJ is in all of that, the fact remains that Reid has not looked like a genius this year.

Gone are Philly icons Brian Dawkins and Tra Thomas. Big time force, Shawn Bradley was lost before the season started. Brian Westbrook sits on the sidelines and while sideline cheerleading is nice, it's not the same kind of leadership he could provide on the field. Sheldon Brown suffered a hamstring injury and is out for this weekend's game. We all know hammys tend to linger, so I'm doubtful he'll ever be 100% the rest of the year. Ellis Hobbs is on IR. Asante Samuel plays like a scared cat in run support ever since his concussion. Jason Peters missed last week's game with swelling in his sprained ankle. Kevin Curtis has surgery on his knee last month. Akeem Jordan missed the SD game with a hyperextended knee. That was an ugly injury to watch. Ouch. Jeremiah Trotter is a vocal leader, but a liability on the field. So much so, that OLB Chris Gocong was tried at MLB, so there is a lot of shuffling and new position learning going on. The Eagles have managed to keep a winning record this far into the season, but if they are counting for history to be on their side, then they may be mistaken considering how many pieces of their history are either gone or hurt.

2) Lack of Quality Wins - Out side of beating a banged up Giants team, the Eagles have wins against Carolina (who was horrendous to start the season), Kansas City, Tampa Bay, and Washington. Those are all weak wins. Add that they lost to the Raiders and got blown out by New Orleans, lost to Dallas at home.... This ain't the typical Philly team of yester-year.

3) Terrible Red Zone offense - Opponents Red Zone defense is simple. Shutdown Celek and you keep them from scoring TDs 95% of the time. Desean and Maclin are not red zone targets. They are deep threats, but don't have the size to match up well in the endzone. Westbrook is out of the picture and McCoy hasn't established himself as a tough inside runner. A lot of times he bounces outside and when you're in the red zone, you need to go more North-South and less East-West. 6 FGs to 3 TDs in the last 2 games.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jersey
Posts: 30,479
Reputation: 2704064
Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Just like the Giants the biggest problem for the Eagles is their red zone offense.
__________________
#Chop


sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,019
Reputation: 13512
Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Hmm.. Okay.. You should re-title this to something Cowboys related because this just seems like an opportunity to brag.

First, Dallas always has a December slump and I see no evidence pointing to them not having one. The Eagles on the other hand are in familiar territory, they always start of this way, in fact if you look back a majority of Eagles teams are 5-4 at this point and they always finish strong.

Also you seem to take the most negative stance you can on the Eagles, I know you hate them but come on. You think the Cowboys are finishing 12-4 now that is homer, in fact you only have them losing one game for the remainder of the season, not happening and I'm surprised no one has called you on it yet. I doubt the Cowboys win against the Chargers, Eagles, Giants and Saints all are losable games for the Cowboys who always have a December collapse. In fact I highly doubt they beat the Chargers, Eagles and Giants just because all 3 of those teams have a pension for finishing strong while the Cowboys finish weak. And again, I guarantee that the Eagles win in week 17, they'll split the series as they always do and I'd like to point of that revengance isn't a word, it is either vengeance or revenge, not both.

And on to your second post:
Leadership = clock management? and Jim Johnson was responsible for clock management? You're waayy off there, JJ had nothing to do with clock management and Andy has always been an idiot with clock management, nothing new.

And I hate to break it to you but the Eagles did a more than adequate job of replacing Tra Thomas, Jason Peters is in and has been brilliant aside from the Giants game and as you have seen for yourself, he is incredibly tough and finished the game with his ankle injury and shut out the game's best 3-4 OLB. And Brian Dawkins was replaced by Macho Harris and Sean Jones, hardly big names but replacing his leadership has been up to Asante Samuel (who is a very vocal leader and well respected in the locker room), Quintin Mikell and Sheldon Brown, three veteran backs who are great leaders, sure they aren't crazy like Dawkins was but they are great leaders, in fact Asante Samuel played a large role in the development of DeSean Jackson, in his rookie season he told DeSean what players would try to do to him and challenged him every play and the two are close friends off the field now, Sheldon Brown leads by example, he tells you how it is and that is it, no fluff and he is very well respected because he is one of the best tackling corners in the NFL and he is one of the best man to man corners in the NFL and Quintin Mikell is widely considered the leader of the defense as he is the player who actually has the headset on and he does a lot of things for the defense.

And you again are being too negative, yes Stewart Bradley is gone but what you fail to mention is the fact that Will Witherspoon is now in his spot and is doing a better job than he did last season. Brian Westbrook isn't as big a loss as you make it, he has been very ineffective and in 3 starts, LeSean McCoy has 300 yards (all purpose), 2 touchdowns and is averaging 5.7 yards a touch and when you toss in Leonard Weaver, the Eagles have prepared for the loss of Westbrook. Asante Samuel never had a concussion, Akeem Jordan is coming back. And, did you really just cite Kevin Curtis as a loss? He hasn't done anything for nearly 2 seasons and is clearly a worse option than Maclin and Avant at X and Y receiver spots. Gocong is moving back to SLB with Jordan coming back and Witherspoon is moving back inside. Trotter is only a locker room guy now that helps teach everyone.

And lack of quality wins? You must have forgotten who the Cowboys have their victories against, the Chiefs, Buccaneers, Carolina, Seattle and Atlanta, hardly a tough stretch and that Eagles game is looking less and less impressive. Don't fault the Eagles for that, you're in the same boat.

And while you're right about red-zone offens being a problem the reasoning is bad, you seem to equate size with being a red-zone target when in reality the best thing in red-zone is having the ability to create seperation and Maclin, Jackson and Celek are all capable of doing that it is just a matter of play calling. Also Maclin isn't just a deep threat and neither is Jackson, they're quite good at it but both are adept at dink and dunk routes as well.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
14 Sun, Dec 13 @ NY Giants (5-4) L - Giants on the road? Not buying it.
Me neither. The Eagles never win at Giants Stadium. It's not like they've won there two straight, including a playoff win or anything.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jersey
Posts: 30,479
Reputation: 2704064
Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Jackson is not a red zone threat. He has 1 catch for 4 yards in the Red Zone this year. He didn't score a TD on that play either.
__________________
#Chop


sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Coaching. The Andy Reid hot seat is burning
I also predicted 9-7, but you're awfully good at saying dumb things to get the pot stirred up. As much as I'd like the hot seat to be burning, Philly's FO is in talks with Reid to extend his contract.

Quote:
It doesn't matter who that guy is.... There is always someone that Philly fans want to blame. It's just a natural feeling that puts them at ease.
If someone's not winning with that talent base, there's reason for blame.

The new DC *name escapes me* seems to be on the right track, but it still is just his first season behind the reigns. JJ RIP. You are missed.

Quote:
I'm sure in the next 2 weeks, I'll be blasted in this thread though because the Eagles will reel off 2 straight wins. Yeah... Chicago and Washington don't appear to be much of a fight. But come December, Philly will have it's hands full and if they go 2-3 the rest of the way, then they'll finish 9-7 and out of the playoffs.
They'll lose to Chicago.


Quote:
17 Sun, Jan 3 @ Dallas (6-3) L - Riding a 2 game winning streak will give the Eagles confidence, but it's not going to happen again. Stealing a line from Creek's sig, "This is our year!" :D I miss that guy.
Didn't we hear this last year before the jailsexing occured?

Quote:
9-7 is a respectable season
It's not.

Quote:
but ultimately leave the Eagles at home in the playoffs.
Agreed.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,325
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Hmm.. Okay.. You should re-title this to something Cowboys related because this just seems like an opportunity to brag.

First, Dallas always has a December slump and I see no evidence pointing to them not having one. The Eagles on the other hand are in familiar territory, they always start of this way, in fact if you look back a majority of Eagles teams are 5-4 at this point and they always finish strong.

Basing your logic on history is a mistake. Plain and simple.

Also you seem to take the most negative stance you can on the Eagles, I know you hate them but come on. You think the Cowboys are finishing 12-4 now that is homer, in fact you only have them losing one game for the remainder of the season, not happening and I'm surprised no one has called you on it yet. I doubt the Cowboys win against the Chargers, Eagles, Giants and Saints all are losable games for the Cowboys who always have a December collapse. In fact I highly doubt they beat the Chargers, Eagles and Giants just because all 3 of those teams have a pension for finishing strong while the Cowboys finish weak. And again, I guarantee that the Eagles win in week 17, they'll split the series as they always do and I'd like to point of that revengance isn't a word, it is either vengeance or revenge, not both.

Yup 12-4 is homer, I labeled myself one in that prediction. Doesn't mean it's not possible. Also, I said Dallas might lose 2 games. But that still leaves them at 11-5. Say they lose 3... 10-6 still gets them in the playoffs. So you see... Dallas would have to lose 4 out of the next 7 games to miss the playoffs. With 2 games against Washington and 1 against the Raiders... I'm not bragging... but if you're telling me history says the Cowboys will slump, that's just not good enough substance.

And on to your second post:
Leadership = clock management? and Jim Johnson was responsible for clock management? You're waayy off there, JJ had nothing to do with clock management and Andy has always been an idiot with clock management, nothing new.

If you have a leader with bad clock management, you think that's not a bad sign of leadership? OK, I never said JJ was in charge of clock management. Stop reaching. If I'm wrong about JJ ever telling Andy that he doesn't need to go for it on 4th down and to just let the D handle the situation on the field, then I guess I'm wrong. I'll say that I'm wrong and I'll just call Andy an idiot for not leaning on JJ for in game suggestions like that.

And I hate to break it to you but the Eagles did a more than adequate job of replacing Tra Thomas, Jason Peters is in and has been brilliant aside from the Giants game and as you have seen for yourself, he is incredibly tough and finished the game with his ankle injury and shut out the game's best 3-4 OLB. And Brian Dawkins was replaced by Macho Harris and Sean Jones, hardly big names but replacing his leadership has been up to Asante Samuel (who is a very vocal leader and well respected in the locker room), Quintin Mikell and Sheldon Brown, three veteran backs who are great leaders, sure they aren't crazy like Dawkins was but they are great leaders, in fact Asante Samuel played a large role in the development of DeSean Jackson, in his rookie season he told DeSean what players would try to do to him and challenged him every play and the two are close friends off the field now, Sheldon Brown leads by example, he tells you how it is and that is it, no fluff and he is very well respected because he is one of the best tackling corners in the NFL and he is one of the best man to man corners in the NFL and Quintin Mikell is widely considered the leader of the defense as he is the player who actually has the headset on and he does a lot of things for the defense.

And you again are being too negative, yes Stewart Bradley is gone but what you fail to mention is the fact that Will Witherspoon is now in his spot and is doing a better job than he did last season. Brian Westbrook isn't as big a loss as you make it, he has been very ineffective and in 3 starts, LeSean McCoy has 300 yards (all purpose), 2 touchdowns and is averaging 5.7 yards a touch and when you toss in Leonard Weaver, the Eagles have prepared for the loss of Westbrook. Asante Samuel never had a concussion, Akeem Jordan is coming back. And, did you really just cite Kevin Curtis as a loss? He hasn't done anything for nearly 2 seasons and is clearly a worse option than Maclin and Avant at X and Y receiver spots. Gocong is moving back to SLB with Jordan coming back and Witherspoon is moving back inside. Trotter is only a locker room guy now that helps teach everyone.

Umm... I never said Jason Peters was a problem. I said his injury is. Tra Thomas was a leader for the Eagles for a long time. As was Dawkins... I'm sure you have leadership this year. Guys step up all the time. However, the caliber of leadership isn't the same. Saying this, "Brian Westbrook isn't as big a loss as you make it" is disrespectful and untrue. You'd LOVE to have him back... ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO. ...and you call me negative? If Asante never had a concussion, then maybe I just overrated his tackling, because what I've been witnessing is a guy choosing not to get involved.

And lack of quality wins? You must have forgotten who the Cowboys have their victories against, the Chiefs, Buccaneers, Carolina, Seattle and Atlanta, hardly a tough stretch and that Eagles game is looking less and less impressive. Don't fault the Eagles for that, you're in the same boat.

Justifying it by looking at someone else doesn't help. The quality of wins is still weak.

And while you're right about red-zone offens being a problem the reasoning is bad, you seem to equate size with being a red-zone target when in reality the best thing in red-zone is having the ability to create seperation and Maclin, Jackson and Celek are all capable of doing that it is just a matter of play calling. Also Maclin isn't just a deep threat and neither is Jackson, they're quite good at it but both are adept at dink and dunk routes as well.

I'll give in and say Maclin is a better redzone receiver than Desean, but you're wrong. You need to have a big WR target to do damage in the endzone. Spacing? Spacing is so much more limited in the endzone. That is why your speedy WRs aren't as effective. The have the ability to separate when the field is long, but when you shorten it up, it becomes more difficult for them. Then we hear guys say what you just said... blame the playcalling. Of course playcalling is an issue. You have limited plays to call based on your personnel. You don't have a RB that hits the hole hard. You don't have a big WR. ...and you wonder why it's tough to get TDs in the redzone? You underestimate Westbrook's loss and his impact in the redzone. He was a redzone killer. An absolute headache for us all these years. Totally opened up your playbook down there. Look at what your coach has to work with before you simply blame everything on him.
Responses in bold.

But hey.... If I'm wrong and you're right, then I'll be here to eat my crow knowing full well, that you won't. I know you like your excuses. ;)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,325
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I also predicted 9-7, but you're awfully good at saying dumb things to get the pot stirred up. As much as I'd like the hot seat to be burning, Philly's FO is in talks with Reid to extend his contract.

Which is actually a good thing. Andy Reid is like Bill Cowher. Too good to let go or find too much blame in. Reid will be around as long as he wants to.

If someone's not winning with that talent base, there's reason for blame.

Blame execution.


They'll lose to Chicago.

Yikes. You won't get to 9-7 if you do.


Didn't we hear this last year before the jailsexing occured?

Actually, I didn't have much confidence going into Philly last year. Hopeful? Yes. Certain? Nope.

It's not.



Agreed.
There's my responses. Good convo.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,598
Reputation: 20311
superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

This has to be a joke with the "we dont play well in cold weather" excuses. Quite pathetic if you ask me, but I'm just one man.

Very bold predictions for a team that hasnt done jack **** the past decade. You're just setting yourself up for heartbreak.

Calling out Asante Samuels tackling is absolutely fine with me. I know he isnt a great tackler, but I've seen him stick some people a couple of times anyway. As long as he is doing what he gets paid to do, which is make big plays when the ball is in the air, then Im all for his poor tackling.

Dont quite understand how saying Westbrook is not that big of a loss is "disrespectful" when hes been a non factor thus far t his season. I also dont understand how it relates to us wanting him back. I think you misunderstand that we would like to have the Brian Westbrook that is a consistent playmaker and just flat out animal, with the current injury prone one.

I also have trouble with the fact that you think we've played absolutely nobody, when the Cowboys have played a cupcake schedule thus far.

Havent really heard any Eagles fans calling for Andy Reid's head? Nice try though. I can throw out random **** about the Cowboys and see if it sticks.

Last edited by superman8456 : 11-17-2009 at 07:19 PM.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,325
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
This has to be a joke with the "we dont play well in cold weather" excuses. Quite pathetic if you ask me, but I'm just one man.

Very bold predictions for a team that hasnt done jack **** the past decade. You're just setting yourself up for heartbreak.

Calling out Asante Samuels tackling is absolutely fine with me. I know he isnt a great tackler, but I've seen him stick some people a couple of times anyway. As long as he is doing what he gets paid to do, which is make big plays when the ball is in the air, then Im all for his poor tackling.

Dont quite understand how saying Westbrook is not that big of a loss is "disrespectful" when hes been a non factor thus far t his season. I also dont understand how it relates to us wanting him back. I think you misunderstand that we would like to have the Brian Westbrook that is a consistent playmaker and just flat out animal, with the current injury prone one.

I also have trouble with the fact that you think we've played absolutely nobody, when the Cowboys have played a cupcake schedule thus far.
I dunno if it's a joke, because I sure don't think it's funny watching them struggle in cold weather. As if our past December slumps aren't a telling sign... Garrett loves to pass. Passing is not ideal in cold weather. Is it that hard to grasp? Only reason why I don't see as tough a December is because we play 2 away games in the cold. One against NY (which I mentioned, we could lose) and one in Washington. Keep us away from the cold and we've got a fighting chance.

...and yes. We haven't done jack in the last decade... when it comes to the playoffs. I haven't said anything about playoff predictions. But getting there hasn't really been that difficult. Parcells took us there with Quincy Carter. Then he had his typical 2nd year slump and then Romo has taken us 2 out of his 3 years as starter. Even has an NFC East Division Champ under his belt. This is his 4th year. I like our chances with this team.

Westbrook is a loss even if it didn't appear like he was putting up gaudy stats. Fact of the matter is that he must be accountable and that opens things up for others. He's arguably more important to you guys than McNabb. Look at the difference. 2-1 w/out McNabb. 1-2 w/out Westbrook. Playbook is the same w/out McNabb. Playbook is different w/out Westbrook.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
Moderator
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KO-V>O-V
Posts: 14,837
Reputation: 1045649
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Dallas
11 Sun, Nov 22 vs Washington W - A Gimme.
Just thank the good Lord Chris Simms is not your backup QB.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,221
Reputation: 78087
MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

At least you're not worried about possibly having to see Caleb Hanie on Sunday night, with Philly's defense needing to come out swinging after last week.
__________________

Last edited by MidwayMonster31 : 11-17-2009 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Forgot a word
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,325
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I was pretty happy when Jerry traded Anthony Henry for Jon Kitna.

What happened to Cutler???

Non-NFC East fans, feel free to comment.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Look at the difference. 2-1 w/out McNabb. 1-2 w/out Westbrook.
Mighty convenient for your argument to show that one of the games without McNabb was against the Chiefs.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 20,870
Reputation: 1975849
LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Hmm.. Okay.. You should re-title this to something Cowboys related because this just seems like an opportunity to brag.
Do you guys ever read post here and try to take them seriously, or do you just see which team the poster roots for and if he says anything positive about his team correlate the two and assume he's bragging or a homer.


Why should he retitle this to something Cowboy related when he clearly talked about the 3 top teams in the division at length? You don't have to agree with it, but always resorting to calling someone a homer is a lazy argument.


He has to live with the aftermath of if his prediction blows up in this face everyone can run in here and point and laugh or do whatever it is they want to do, but I hardly see why this should be titled something Cowboy related.
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,221
Reputation: 78087
MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I was pretty happy when Jerry traded Anthony Henry for Jon Kitna.

What happened to Cutler???

Non-NFC East fans, feel free to comment.
Forgot a word. I meant possibly having to see Hanie. The reason being that Cutler is going to get clobbered with our offensive line and the Eagles blitzing.
__________________
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,325
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Mighty convenient for your argument to show that one of the games without McNabb was against the Chiefs.
Well... it is a small sample size, I admit. I'm more interested to know what you think. Bigger impact? McNabb or Westbrook?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Well... it is a small sample size, I admit. I'm more interested to know what you think. Bigger impact? McNabb or Westbrook?
Probably McNabb. Everything runs through the QB, especially in this offense. I've just come to expect very little from Westbrook. He has no burst, quickness or speed left.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,325
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Probably McNabb. Everything runs through the QB, especially in this offense. I've just come to expect very little from Westbrook. He has no burst, quickness or speed left.
I could be wrong, but I thought Kolb looked pretty impressive in the time he had. At least you had your full playbook open.

I can't always trust you guys. You said Dawkins was washed up when he left Philly. He's been a big part of the turnaround of the Denver D.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,271
Reputation: 4191549
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

D has made a pretty damn convincing argument. For the Giants sake, I hope he's right, bc I do NOT want to see the Eagles in the postseason if we make it to the playoffs.

2 teams I fear in the playoffs are the Saints and Eagles. Maybe the Vikings, but I think we can handle the Vikings if healthy.
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,610
Reputation: 77870
Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

The Eagles do scare me a bit.. well you just don't know which team you are going to get.

When that Offense is clicking they are deadly. DeSean Jackson, and Maclin can make Game changing explosive plays, while their Backs can also generate big gains from the screen game if they catch you off guard in a pressure look...

but when they can't get the big play going, they struggle to sustain and build multiple play drives... and generally have issues in short yardage.

I think they have a tough road to climb, as their Line backing core is completely decimated, and they have been having health issues along the Offensive line all year.. but if they do find a way to get in, I can see them knocking a few teams out.

The team that worries me the most in the NFC is actually Minnesota... despite the talk Favre hasn't really shown any signs of a late season breakdown... and they have conserved Peterson and kept him fresh for the the stretch run. Defensively when they get Winfield back I just see them as being very hard to beat even when your team has a good day.
__________________
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,019
Reputation: 13512
Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Okay lets just agree to disagree on the whole using the past to try and predict the future, I think it does and you don't and I don't think any opinions are going to be changed. Regardless when there is a pattern IMO it should at least hold some weight and Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys are one of the worst teams in December and January while the Eagles are typically one of the best. And, the Eagles and Cowboys are 4-4 the past 4 seasons, so I think the series will split again this season, because as usual the Cowboys start hot and end cold and the Eagles start cold and end hot. Clearly there is a pattern.

If you want to cite the Eagles for losing leadership, I would say that losing Jon Runyan and Brian Westbrook is more harmful than losing Brian Dawkins and Tra Thomas, there is plenty of leadership to go around on the defense with Trent Cole, Brodrick Bunkley, Asante Samuel, Sheldon Brown and Quintin Mikell and losing a limited Brian Dawkins isn't as hurtful as many might think. Jon Runyan was the leader of the Eagles offensive line, not Tra Thomas, Jon was the guy who set the tone with his angry play, veteran savvy and toughness, Thomas was a nice veteran guy but I doubt anyone in the Eagles locker room would say he had a bigger impact than Tra.

And I don't miss Westbrook, he had a nice career but he is useless and injury prone now and Shady McCoy does all the things he does already. Do I want the old Westbrook back? Yes. Do I miss the new Westbrook? Absolutely not. I think Westbrook should retire.

Asante can stick some people when he wants to, but other than that he wants absolutely no part in tackling and has stated publicly that tackling isn't what he is paid to do.

The Cowboys have just as many cupcake wins as the Eagles do, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I'm right, I wish I could find the article but I read an article about the most effective red-zone receivers and not one of them was over 6'. Why because like you said the field shrinks and a receiver has less and less room to separate and having receivers that have the ability to separate are more effective than the big receiver that can't separate in tight spaces. In the red-zone people think about size and power when in reality it is all about quickness, the ability to create space in crowded areas, execution and route running. The only time a big receiver is more useful than small ones is on a fade route.

And yes, Brian Westbrook was a red-zone machine but the combination of LeSean McCoy, Leonard Weaver, Brent Celek, Jason Avant, DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin is better than Westbrook alone. The Eagles aren't reliant on Westbrook, they've gathered skill position talent and prepared for his departure because based on the last 2-3 seasons it became obvious that Westbrook wasn't going to last much longer and look, they were right. I think the real red-zone problem is that the Eagles run game gets stuffed in the red-zone because the offensive line can't get a push, Nick Cole and Winston Justice is probably one of the worst right sides in all of the NFL and I'd like to thank Shawn Andrews for leaving the Eagles in such a precarious situation, Shawn dominated defensive linemen and the Eagles running game significantly suffers without him, that and the loss of Jon Runyan who like Shawn was a physical presence in the run game who created holes.

I think you're right btw, but I think you're going about it the wrong way because the way your spinning it is that the Eagles are a less talented team and that simply isn't true, they're probably the most talented team in terms of raw talent in the NFL and Andy Reid can't figure out how to use it correctly. Andy Reid is going to be the downfall of the team, not the players or injuries on it because Andy Reid can't manage the clock, can't make decisions, has no feel for the game, can't make adjustments, his offensive staff won't call run plays and he is just too damn stubborn, he refuses to run the ball even when running the ball is clearly working, the Eagles in terms of yardage are 23rd in the NFL in running the ball but if you look at their YPC they're in the top 10, clearly running the ball is working when it is called but Andy Reid absolutely refuses to use it. Andy lacks the patience to run the ball consistently, instead he would rather throw the ball 56 times against one of the worst run defenses in the NFL, idiot.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.