Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I wonder, if I put Drew Brees, Tom Brady or Peyton Manning in his place, would they succeed there? I think they would do just fine.
I serious think we would be decent. We have a very young offence with potential. The oline isnt great, but you can win some games with it. We need another OT and maybe a upgrade at RG. We have 3 RBs that you can win with, a top 10 TE IMO and 3 young WRs(Schilens, DHB and Murphy) that with the right coaching can be a nice group.

Im pretty sure if you put Peyton Brady or Brees anywhere they will be fine.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I dont want Mallett, but wouldnt be surprised if we draft him. Al drafted Nnamdi Asomugha... he should know how to pernounce Ndamukong Suh
Hm, pretty good point. Can't discount the possibility that Al just heard it on the radio during a Cal game tho.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If every there was a team that should use the wildhog it is the Oakland Raiders. Use McFadden as a QB, with Bush and Fargas. It isn't like they would miss their passing attack.
I'm surprised McFadden doesnt catch more flack for their woes there, DHB too. Come to think of it i'm seeing a pattern there.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darrius Heyward-Bey looks abysmal. It is still really early, but I've never seen a 1st Round pick contribute so little (excluding injured players). Six catches in nine games is just pathetic.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'm surprised McFadden doesnt catch more flack for their woes there, DHB too. Come to think of it i'm seeing a pattern there.
It's okay that pattern will end in 2011.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss Lane Kiffin. He was a pretty damn good recruiting coordinator during his time at USC, and the two drafts he was a part of with Oakland turned out alright, aside from Russell who he didn't want to draft in the first place. No one really knows how much of an input he had in those drafts, though. McFadden had his best game to date under Kiffin, and Russell looked good in his few starts while Kiffin was here. So in saying that, the current coaching staff and their utilization of those said players are as much to do with the problem as anything else. I absolutely can't wait until Cable is fired, and we hire a real NFL-qualifed HC (which won't happen under Al, of course).
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
I miss Lane Kiffin. He was a pretty damn good recruiting coordinator during his time at USC, and the two drafts he was a part of with Oakland turned out alright, aside from Russell who he didn't want to draft in the first place. No one really knows how much of an input he had in those drafts, though. McFadden had his best game to date under Kiffin, and Russell looked good in his few starts while Kiffin was here. So in saying that, the current coaching staff and their utilization of those said players are as much to do with the problem as anything else. I absolutely can't wait until Cable is fired, and we hire a real NFL-qualifed HC (which won't happen under Al, of course).
I'd love to see a movie about a Raider fan who discovers that Al Davis really has made a deal with the devil, and heads down to hell in an attempt to get the devil to collect what he's owed. Action, suspense, intense Raider mockery...not much more to ask for.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
DMC isnt being used right. He isnt a guy you run up the middle, he needs to get out in space. Our running offence is to simple, we rarely pull a guard or do counters. Its pretty much dive to left or right or a toss. I thought we would be using the wildcat alot more since the success Miami has had with it. Used it a little against KC last week, but went away from it

EDIT

Also as to DHB, I knew he wasnt going to come in and be good, he is the type of player you cant label a bust for a few years. Hopefully he can turn into our #2 WR/deep threat.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Old 11-19-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DHB has so much potential. I willing to be patient until he receives some quality NFL coaching and a consistent QB,before judging him.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
DHB has so much potential. I willing to be patient until he receives some quality NFL coaching and a consistent QB,before judging him.
Well man I think you are going to have to be pretty darn patient if you are willing to wait for those things in Oakland before rendering a verdict on Slippy.

"Why am I being compared to DHB???"

Shut up Slippy. Do a barrel roll.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Well man I think you are going to have to be pretty darn patient if you are willing to wait for those things in Oakland before rendering a verdict on Slippy.

"Why am I being compared to DHB???"

Shut up Slippy. Do a barrel roll.
lol. That frog looks wild h0mo
Old 11-19-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
lol. That frog looks wild h0mo
Oh he definitely is.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd just like to point this out for anyone who doesn't look to the left when they read the forums.

That's RaiderNation's avatar. It's also Jamarcus......

I knew he wasn't a beefcake, but wow, he looks like he eats beef cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
I'd just like to point this out for anyone who doesn't look to the left when they read the forums.

That's RaiderNation's avatar. It's also Jamarcus......

I knew he wasn't a beefcake, but wow, he looks like he eats beef cake.
Ya.... thats our franchise QB!!!

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Old 11-19-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Old 11-19-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Also as to DHB, I knew he wasnt going to come in and be good, he is the type of player you cant label a bust for a few years. Hopefully he can turn into our #2 WR/deep threat.
He could turn into a Sidney Rice type player, who did nothing for a long time, but has now come alive.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey if you google Jamarcus Russell back fat, this thread is the 3rd result!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He could turn into a Sidney Rice type player, who did nothing for a long time, but has now come alive.
Thats what Im thinking he will do, he is going to be a nonfactor for us for a few years, then break out

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Old 11-19-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamarcus looks like a pancake on your picture RaiderN!!
Old 11-19-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't discount it, although Rice had a better feel for the position coming out of South Carolina than Heyward-Bey has right now. I'm not really sure why everyone is suprised by DHB. We all knew he was raw (much more so than Maclin or Crabtree). He didn't run any real variance of routes in Maryland and had never had particularly good hands.

Still, I won't write him off. I expected him to suck his rookie year (granted, I didn't expect him to suck quite this much). He is managing to get open pretty consistently, but he's totally psyched himself out when the ball is coming his way and considering that the guys throwing him the ball aren't very good, it hasn't worked out at all. I still wish we had at least taken Maclin instead, but Heyward-Bey isn't a total lost cause (nor is McFadden).

Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck : 11-19-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
Hey if you google Jamarcus Russell back fat, this thread is the 3rd result!
Scott should put that on his resume
Old 11-19-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

The thing with DHB isn't separation,which is why I'm so optimistic about him. He blew by Revis 4 times I counted in the Jets game,but he just doesn't consistently concentrate enough to make the catches when JaWalrus hits em in the hands.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or he catches it out of bounds.... or not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
and had never had particularly good hands.
Well, all the Maryland fans told us he had great hands and caught everything.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Well, all the Maryland fans told us he had great hands and caught everything.
Well then, they were full of crap then, weren't they? I rarely ever watched Maryland and even I knew that Heyward-Bey let way too many balls get into his body. He can be a good hand catcher, but he's never been forced to be and he's not very practiced at it.