Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...wski-starter/1

JaWalrus might be finished finally in Oakland!
I doubt it is permanently and I doubt Cable had any say in it. He just follows the bosses orders. Gradowski is not an NFL starting QB but he cannot be any worse than Russell. I think they are just trying to light a fire under Russell to see how he responds. Face it, no rookie QB can succeed in a dysfunctional organization like Oakland's with Al Davis calling all the shots. Al will be looking for a veteran QB for next year. I don't think he will draft one too high.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag View Post
I honestly believe he could actually be a decent QB if he signs with the Vikings next year.

He'll have AD taking off a lot of the pressure, as well as a strong young WR core. He really wouldn't have to do much to succeed there, plus being around someone who trains as hard as AD would more than likely rub off on him.
I'm certainly not a 100% sure he will ever be successful but there will be 31 teams lining up to give it a try, all believing Al Davis screwed any chance he coud succeed in Oakland. The franchise is a total mess and young players are lost on that team. The HC is below bad, just a 'yes man' to Al Davis and the players know it.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I'm certainly not a 100% sure he will ever be successful but there will be 31 teams lining up to give it a try, all believing Al Davis screwed any chance he coud succeed in Oakland. The franchise is a total mess and young players are lost on that team. The HC is below bad, just a 'yes man' to Al Davis and the players know it.
There will not be 31 teams lining up to give Jamarcus Russel a try, sorry.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
There will not be 31 teams lining up to give Jamarcus Russel a try, sorry.
I disagree. Almost every GM will figure that Russell had zero chance to develop in Al Davis's excuse for an organization. They will all wonder what Russell could accomplish if he landed with a team that had a sound organization and a solid HC. They would want to see if their HC and the veterans on their team could inspire Russell to work his butt off. With his arm, every team will want a shot at his services even if he turns out to be a flop. If Oakland allows him to enter FA, it will cost peanuts to give him another shot with the financial risk minimal for the potential reward.
Oakland is a dead franchise waiting for Al Davis's demise. As long as he owns the team, they won't see daylight even if they drafted another Peyton. Nobody can be really successful in that mess and most would love to get out of Oakland and go to another team.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure JR will get another chance but his market will be small.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I'm pretty sure JR will get another chance but his market will be small.
Again I disagree. That arm is going to make practically every GM drool at the potential if they can modivate this kid and as I said previously, the cost will be peanuts to give it a try. QB hungrey teams will line up for sure and even top teams will sit him for a year or 2 to see if they can develop him. See David Carr with the Giants.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Russell moves on to a team with some more talent soon. I'm just not quite ready to write him off, Oakland is a screwed up place.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote