Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:06 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How would you fix your favorite team?

Everyone has there own opinion on what's wrong with there favorite team. Even two guys that watch the games together think differently on what's going on. So with so many bad teams this year in the Nfl just wanted to know from the guys who watch there teams play every sunday, I wanted to ask this question. How you would fix the problem if you were the GM?

Who would you fire?
Who would you hire?
What kind of offense would you run?
What kind of defense would you run?
Who do you like in the draft for your team?
Players you would cut?
Player you would sign long term?
Free agents?

So everyones got an opinion... what's yours?
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fire Al David and Tom Cable
Hire Jon Gruden
Run a west coast offence Gruden ran back when he was here
Id let John Marshall run his type of D, the blitzing/zone coverage we saw against PHI
Id draft Suh, McCoy, Okung or Clausen
Cut JaMarcus, Javon Walker
Sign Seymour, Morrison, Howard, Schilens, and Henderson long term
Pick up David Carr/Kellen Clemens a vet WR, RG and a SLB

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Patriots I would

Hire Wade Phillips as defensive coordinator and get him to run the aggressive 3-4 defense he ran in San Diego.

Sign Vince Wilfork and Logan Mankins to longterm deals.

Sign Shawne Merriman as a free agent.

Draft CJ Spiller or Dez Bryant in the first round.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How would you fix your favorite team?
You don't have the kinda time it would take for me to tell you.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post

Good one....
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post

I was going to go with LOL or something like this... but here is what I would do.

A. ) If I had a time machine I would have kept Winslow and Edwards and drafted Crabtree, extending Braylon and Kellen as well, trying to create an air it out style offense... But hey, I can't do that so here is what I would try to do...

1. Get a free agent QB - The problems on this team go WAY WAY WAY further than QB. We have seen Brady Quinn do nothing and Derek Anderson absolutely collapse since 2007. I don't know who to go with besides maybe Jason Campbell or Mike Vick if available this offseason. I firmly believe that if you have the pieces in place Derek Anderson can get it done, but I will probably get laughed off the board for that statement. Derek Anderson thrived in 2007 with Winslow/Edwards and Jurevicius as well as a better version of Jamal Lewis... Now he has nobody around him and the receivers catch nothing and get no separation. The only scenario I draft QB is if we are top 3 and one of the prospects just absolutely blows me away as the coach.

2. Build AROUND the QB, not through it - If I am the Browns in free agency I am going for the biggest receiving name I can get as well as the best tight end available. The Browns are in such a terrible position as far as offense goes right now that it gives me a headache on how we would even fix it. Our receivers are garbage right now, but still young... I think adding a taller possession receiver as well as someone that can actually catch a ******* pass at tight end would help tremendously. The Browns have not spent a high pick on a running back since William Green has busted way back in 2002 I believe. Jamal Lewis is retiring after this year and I think now is the time to pick up the best running back you can possibly get in round 2 or if a big name hits free agency.

3. Hire a credible coach - Mangini sucks, we haven't had a credible coach since coming back... I really don't need to elaborate on this.

I don't feel like typing more or I feel like I would be here all day, but if my point has not been made, the Browns need to completely revamp their offense if they want any chance of being successful in the league... We are 32nd in points per game, 32nd in yards per game, 32nd in passing yards per game, and 26th in rushing yards per game.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
J52
Rookie

J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Sit back and let the Tuna do whatever the hell he wants.
J52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would you fire?
No one. Most of this coaching staff has only been in place a short time.

Who would you hire?
An offensive coordinator. If Charlie Weis is done at ND he'd be a great hire because of the Pioli connection.

I like the way we formed our offense right now, I just don't like Haley calling the plays.

I like the 3-4. I didn't think I'd like it at first but it has grown on me.

Safety: Eric Berry would instantly upgrade our secondary, giving it a presence we clearly lack.

Offensive line: We need at least two new starters but realistically looking at three, mostly interior olineman. Kristopher O'Dowd at center or Mike Iupati at guard would be instant upgrades.

Nose Tackle: Ron Edwards is servicable at best, but he won't stay that way for long. Boo Robinson could be available in the third and would be a pretty significant upgrade.

Outside Linebacker: We need someone opposite Tamba Hali. Mike Vrabel should be moved into the inside. I like Jerry Hughes or Brandon Lang as 3-4 rush backers.

Players you would cut?
Mike Brown.

Tamba Hali.

Free agents?
Any available interior offensive line at this point.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 11-18-2009 at 09:25 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd keep the coaches and schemes the same. I've been very impressed by Mike Heimerdinger and Chuck Cecil over the past three games.

I'd let Nick Harper, Bo Scaife, Kevin Mawae, Eugene Amano, and Alge Crumpler leave in FA. I'd tender LenWhale at the medium RFA tender, hoping someone will sign him and give compensation. I'd also place the highest RFA tenders on Stephen Tulloch and Tony Brown.

I'd re-sign Kyle Vanden Bosch for a cheap, 2-year deal, and re-sign Rod Hood to a 4-year contract. I'd place the Franchise Tag on Keith Bulluck. I'd also restructure Vince Young's deal.

I'd go hard after Owen Daniels in free agency. I'd pay that man in an instant. I'd also sign Chester Taylor and add him to the RB stable with CJ and Ringer. Lastly, try to upgrade the MIKE position by adding a stud like Karlos Dansby or D'Qwell Jackson. If that move is too expensive, then forget about MIKE and just go with what you have in Tulloch - hopefully, McRath will be bulked up enough by then to compete for the MLB spot rather than just OLB. If McRath isn't right for MIKE, then he'll stay on course to being the future LOLB when Thornton leaves in 2011.

Then in the Draft, draft the best pass-rusher available - preferrably a DE.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 11-18-2009 at 07:21 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:44 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Everyone has there own opinion on what's wrong with there favorite team. Even two guys that watch the games together think differently on what's going on. So with so many bad teams this year in the Nfl just wanted to know from the guys who watch there teams play every sunday, I wanted to ask this question. How you would fix the problem if you were the GM?

Who would you fire?
Who would you hire?
Players you would cut?
Free agents?

So everyones got an opinion... what's yours?
Can't fire an owner,but definitely Cable.
I'd hire Holmgren as a Parcells guy, then let him pick one of his West Coast offense guys. Greg Knapp maybe.
I'd love a West Coast,but run first is a must.
An attacking 4-3
Suh,McCoy,Okung
Javon Walker,Tommy Kelly,Greg Ellis.
Seymour,Morrison.
I'd love Kellen Clemens best Interior lineman available(Logan Mankins)
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would you fire?
Depending on the rest of the season, Mike McCarthy. He's silenced doubters for the week with a win against Dallas (finally) at home (x2).

Who would you hire?
Mike Holmgren, Jon Gruden if the firing of McCarthy were to happen but I'd like to stick to the 3-4. I like our coaching unit on the defensive side of the ball.

One that makes sense. West Coast.

Stick to the 3-4 and actually blitz.

Any and all offensive tackles. On a serious note, since this is a draft site...

In no particular order.

Back-Up QB
Matt Flynn has become the better option than Brian Brohm at this point. I was never a fan of the Brohm pick and now it looks as if we're going to need to look elsewhere for a viable back up. As much hate as Aaron Rodgers gets for taking sacks and/or holding on to the ball too long, if he went down... well, Green Bay would be picking after the Browns. I'm not in love with many QB prospects that would be of value where the Packers may address this need. Best case scenario, in my opinion would be Zac Robinson of Oklahoma State. I wouldn't mind trying out Matt Grothe from South Florida or Tim Hiller out of Western Michigan, either.

2nd RB
Ryan Grant is good but we need a playmaker out of the backfield. One that can catch passes and be a home run threat running the ball. My first choice would be C.J. Spiller from Clemson. His stock seems to be rising by the week so it looks as if we're going to miss out on him come April. Brandon James from Florida or William Ford from South Carolina State are two later round prospects I like.

Tackle Depth
Address it 1st round, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th. Bring some more in after the draft that way the odds are in your favor of finding atleast 1 guy that shows some type of promise.

Secondary
Whether it be a Strong Safety or another Cornerback.

Players you would cut?
Jarrett Bush.

Nick Collins then Johnny Jolly if his legal situation works out.

Free agents?
Kyle Boller as a back up QB.
Leon Washington as change of pace back, special teamer.

Other
Franchise Aaron Kampman and get the best value you can for him. Whether that be a stockpile of draft picks or an OLB fit for the 3-4.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:15 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft a replacement for Pat Williams in the middle rounds

Pick up depth for Linebacker positions

Find a QB that is ready to start right out of the draft

Sign Sidney Rice, and Adrian Peterson to a long term deal

Sign Kevin Williams, Ray Edwards, Cedric Griffen to long term deals

Extend Chester Taylor's contract

Keep our coaching staff (for now...)

Get rid of Tavaris Jackson

WIN THE SUPER BOWL

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
Draft a replacement for Pat Williams in the middle rounds

Pick up depth for Linebacker positions

Find a QB that is ready to start right out of the draft

Sign Sidney Rice, and Adrian Peterson to a long term deal

Sign Kevin Williams, Ray Edwards, Cedric Griffen to long term deals

Extend Chester Taylor's contract

Keep our coaching staff (for now...)

Get rid of Tavaris Jackson

WIN THE SUPER BOWL
You might get that wish, and for longer than you may want it. Apparently the Vikes and Childress are close to an extension.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:52 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pat Shurmur...his playcalling at times has been abysmal

HIRE JON GRUDENZZZZZZ to make this a stellar offense...Spags and Gruden...get me a new pair of shorts

West Coast, good for our WR's and SJax

heavy blitz 4-3 with 2 deep coverage with a beast combo of Atogwe and Butler...exactly what Spags wants to run

Suh, McCoy, Bryant, and maybe a QB if we trade down...maybe

I would cut some of the back-ups RBs who aren't really doing anything, maybe McMichael if his contract is too big

sign Gibson, Avery, and maybe a LBer who is starting to actually back-up our new guys, and Atogwe (as he was franchised this year)

Any OLB (WLB and/or SLB) RG!!!!! and RT is Jason Smith moves over (which he should) and then maybe a CB or any d-lineman

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Last edited by rockio42 : 11-19-2009 at 08:22 AM.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Isn't Atogwe a FA after this year? Think he sticks around St. Louis?

Old 11-18-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sign Mike Zimmer to a long term contract and just hope he doesn't get a HC job. That is all.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Pay Greg Manusky whatever he wants
2) Pay Aubrayo Franklin whatever it takes
3) Overpay for the best o-line talent I can get
4) Move Isaac Bruce to the 5th spot and move Hill to #3 and Battle to #4

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
You might get that wish, and for longer than you may want it. Apparently the Vikes and Childress are close to an extension.
As far as I know he got the extension.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who do you like in the draft for your team? - Best player available, after this year's class produced nothing we simply have to have instant production. Nose tackle, cornerback, OLB all could use some instant impact.

Players you would cut? - Not so much cut, but I would rather not watch Chris Houston or Jamaal Anderson anymore.

Player you would sign long term? - Jonathan Babineaux has become what Rod Coleman was in his prime.

Free agents? - Aaron Kampman, put him back in the 4-3 where he belongs. (KFFL has him as a FA... not sure about that is accurate though.)

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fire Kevin Gilbride
Bench Antonio Pierce
Find a SS who's decent
Find another DT who won't get pushed backwards
Steal Claire from Heroes's blood to get eli's foot healthy and cure Phillips' knee

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:21 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would keep the coordinators and largely the core of the players in tact.

I'd sign Jason Campbell and give him the start from week 4 onwards the next year giving him a full three or four months in the system, in practice and adjusting from a WCO to a more spread / vertical passing scheme, I'd extend Terrell Sutton as the team's future at full back, extend Captain Munnerlyn and attempt to sign a free agent WR at least capable of playing 2nd fiddle to Steve Smith adequately.

I'd allow Peppers to walk if he didn't wish to sign a fair contract, elevate charles johnson to starter and draft in the second round either a DT, WR or DE depending on value available and search for the other positions in the rounds thereafter.

The team needs a future to smith, another starting quality end, even if Brown pans out and youth at the DT position.

I'd redesign the offense to keep Williams more involved as a passing threat and allow Stewart to take on a greater role rushing the football. I'd definitely try to keep the TE corp together and allow Campbell to flourish in a system where he's protected in the passing game, not under pressure due to the run game and give him plenty of short, intermediate and deep options, all of which, regardless of FA or the draft currently exist on the roster.

I'd keep Delhomme around as a backup and stop gap if Campbell is injured.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:36 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Who do you like in the draft for your team? - Best player available, after this year's class produced nothing we simply have to have instant production. Nose tackle, cornerback, OLB all could use some instant impact.

We could draft a defensive player at any position other than S and MLB and it would make sense. Hopefully they don't end on IR this time...

Players you would cut? - Not so much cut, but I would rather not watch Chris Houston or Jamaal Anderson anymore.

Player you would sign long term? - Jonathan Babineaux has become what Rod Coleman was in his prime.

We already signed him to a five year deal at the end of last year, no?

Free agents? - Aaron Kampman, put him back in the 4-3 where he belongs. (KFFL has him as a FA... not sure about that is accurate though.)

I think he'd be a great addition, but I'm still wary of giving big money to anyone over 30.
Falcons don't need fixing, just tweaking. Priority is a quality, experienced cornerback with good size (Carlos Rogers?), and a DT with good size to drop that nearly-5ypa run stat.

My favourite suggestion from above: drafting a QB ready to start straight away. If only it were that easy...
Old 11-19-2009, 03:49 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints
Who would you fire?
If someone, id fire greg mcmahon, saints special teams hastn been good in a long time
Who would you hire?
his replacement
same but with more passing to my FF wideouts
Greg Williams is a god, he knows better than I do
id love to get brian price or arthur jones but basicly any good dt
Players you would cut?
noone really
First and foremost Jahri Evans
Free agents?
one more good cb to get over the secondary injury bug

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:04 AM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

Who would you fire?
Tim Ruskell, He's had some great picks in middle rounds of drafts but that's about all that he's done that's even worth mentioning. Not a fan of Mora Jr as a HC but I'll give him some time because he's a likable guy and a hometown guy.

Who would you hire?
Jim Zorn back as a QB coach when he's fired from the Redskins.

WCO

4-3, Seahawks defensive players are made for it, I see some fans wanting the 3 - 4 but that's only because they want to see more of Hawthorne with Tatupu but you don't switch your scheme for a single LB. Especially when it's considered "undersized" in a 4 - 3.

Locker of course as the top pick and then Jason Fox or CJ Spiller if he's avaible at the later first pick. Jason Fox or Selvish Capers in the 2nd.

Players you would cut?
Kelly Jennings first off, The guy just isn't cut out for the NFL. Julius Jones, Deon Branch (he's a good enough player just he's overpaid and injury prone.)

Brandon Mebane, He's a very good DT and very underrated. Josh Wilson, I love the guy and think he's a very good Nickleback and a average RCB/LCB. Especially for his size.

Free agents? Atogwe if he's avaible for sure, if not him then Antoine Bethea would be a very nice 1b signing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:04 AM    (permalink
will99890
Rookie

will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.

hmm, nice topic. Niners seem like a decent ream, but thats only because the defense is so solid that it masks our Cleveland esque offense.

Keep the coaching staff, except for Jimmy Raye who calls worse plays than Joe Gibbs.

Re-sign Aubrayo Franklin, Dashon Goldson, Shawntae Spencer, TKO, and Alex Smith (I know he's considered a bust, but I still am holding out hope, barely)

Get rid of Dre Bly, Isaac Bruce, Walt Harris (old and injured), Mark Roman (poopy), Barry Sims (old and not good), Eric Heitmann (some Niner's fans say he is our best O-lineman, but I think he is extremely overrated and cannot handle a bullrush), and Arnaz Battle.

Call up Alex Boone and Brit Miller (the next Spencer Havner) from the practice squad

WR depth chart would be Crabtree, Morgan, Hill, Jones, late round developmental pick or Ziegler (preferably someone who can return kicks and/or punts).

I'd also give Nate Davis a fair shot before blowing at least one of this years 1st rounders on a QB

This year in the draft, O-line is 1 and 2 on the priority list with some kind of pass rush being next. After our early picks I would focus on increasing speed and depth in the secondary and at RB. NT has to be a priority too, because even as well as Franklin has played he isn't young, hasn't played consistently in his career, and is in a contract year which usually leads to huge effort increase for DTs. If any of those needs really don't match up with value I would go BPA at positions that fit our 3-4 D and power running offense.