Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Favre isn't even the best player on his own team, and might not be second.

This argument is brought up every year and it will never make sense to me. Does Favre have any control over whether the team has another player that can make a case for being better than him?

What if Chris Johnson played for the Colts? Then Manning can't win? I don't get it.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
This argument is brought up every year and it will never make sense to me. Does Favre have any control over whether the team has another player that can make a case for being better than him?

What if Chris Johnson played for the Colts? Then Manning can't win? I don't get it.
Manning > Chris Johnson

besides that, no he has no control, but if we are talking about the MVP and he isnt even the best player or even say the Most valuable player on his team, how can he qualify for the most valuable player of the league

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
You don't understand why a guy not being the most valuable player on his own team would hurt his chances of being proclaimed the most valuable player in the NFL?
Old 11-20-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
You don't understand why a guy not being the most valuable player on his own team would hurt his chances of being proclaimed the most valuable player in the NFL?

Favre has been by far the most valuable player on his own team. Not even a debate.

I just don't understand why people act like if there is more than one great player on a team none of them can be MVP. So the MVP goes to the best player in the league, except if there is another elite player on that team? Makes no sense.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
I'd grant you that, but where would they be without AD? a 40-year old Favre being forced to lead the team is a recipe for disaster.
Favre has 17 TDs and only 3 INTs. His QB Rating of 107.5 is insane when you realize he has never had a season where his QB Rating has been 100 or higher. Hes still making plays but he isnt making the classic Favre INTs. Favre at 40 is having one of his best seasons. The story in itself is valuable.

AD is also a top player on the Vikings. The reason I say Favre is more valuable is simply where the team was last year and where they are this year. Last year after 9 games the Vikings were 5-4. They ended up 10-6 and losing at home in the wild card round to the Eagles.

This season the Vikings are 8-1. Players like Sidney Rice are making plays weekly. Why? Brett Favre is the QB. The Vikings after 9 games IMO have a division title and a first round bye wrapped up. Why? Brett Favre.

Adrian Peterson helped make the Vikings a playoff team. This year Brett Favre has made the Vikings a possible Super Bowl contender. No player on the Vikings or in the NFL has been more valuable than Brett Favre.
BleedBurgundy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.

Id even go out on a limb and say if Favre keeps playing the way he has been playing this might be the Most Valuable season by a player ever in the NFL. Favre at 40 is playing lights out. He is making plays on a team he joined in August. I dont care if he knew the system. He is literally playing his best football on a team in which he had no time to build chemistry with. Im hard pressed to find a situation like Favres where a player has joined a team right before the season at the age of 39/40 and made his team a Super Bowl contender.

Favres season this year has also changed my opinion on him. Hes easily one of the best QBs to ever play the game. I thought he was a top 10-15 QB all-time. Im starting to believe he should be in the top 5. Hes just a pure gunslinger that no matter what the age can make plays and win games.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre's age has no bearing on how valuable he is, damn. This is no where near the best season by a QB ever. You people are watching to much ESPN I think.

Favre has been great, but he hasn't played the best football at his position, and I'm pretty sure teams are gearing up to play Adrian Peterson, not Brett Favre.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton has had very little help from those around him. The rushing attack is ranked 29th in the league. Even bigger he is on pace to set the record for passing yards in a season without his number 2 wide receiver, having a second year guy and a rookie try to take the place. Collie and garcon have been inconsistent having a case of the drops lately. The colts after 9 games last year were also 5-4 manning started catching fire to finish the season 7-0.
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

Quote:
Favre's age has no bearing on how valuable he is, damn. This is no where near the best season by a QB ever. You people are watching to much ESPN I think.

Favre has been great, but he hasn't played the best football at his position, and I'm pretty sure teams are gearing up to play Adrian Peterson, not Brett Favre.
I never said he was having the best season ever by a QB. I said at his age he is doing great things and Favre is having one of the "most valuable" seasons for any player in NFL history.

How often do you see a 40 year old QB do the things he is doing? Hes got the Vikings as legitimate Super Bowl contenders this season. For what this QB is doing at his age and doing it in different fashion (only 3 interceptions) is just amazing to watch.

How often do you see a QB like Favre (HOF lock) have maybe his best season at age 40?

IMO hes easily the MVP this season. Teams may gear to stop Peterson but without Favre they would be at .500 right now.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how his age isn't a factor. He has turned the clock back; in fact, he is playing better than he ever has. If* he keeps it up he not only should win it, he has to win it.

* that being said, I don't expect him to keep it up.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, so being older makes you more valuable now. Does turning 40 give you 8 points per touchdown now?

It's irrelevant, it makes his performance more impressive in comparison that he's doing it at that age, but it doesn't make him more valuable, and voting for him because he's doing this at 40 is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.

Oh wow, the Vikings would be .500 without Favre. The Colts and Saints would be battling for the top pick without their QB, and they certainly wouldn't be .500
Old 11-20-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh, so being older makes you more valuable now. Does turning 40 give you 8 points per touchdown now?

It's irrelevant, it makes his performance more impressive in comparison that he's doing it at that age, but it doesn't make him more valuable, and voting for him because he's doing this at 40 is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.
The MVP is more about intangibles than you realize. Brett Favre comes out of retirement, plays the best football of his life at an age most Quarterbacks are retired and they are arguably the best team in the league. The narrative is a factor, trust me.

Quote:
Oh wow, the Vikings would be .500 without Favre. The Colts and Saints would be battling for the top pick without their QB, and they certainly wouldn't be .500
The Saints have plenty of talent: three good runners, Colston and Shockey, a underrated O-Line, and their defense finally playing good football before all of their injuries. They would definitely be a good team, even without Brees.

The Colts, perhaps, but even then you are not giving proper credit to the rest of that team. Their defense has held teams in check most of the season, something which has allowed Manning to push them over the top.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Oh, I didn't say the "narrative" isn't a factor, it just shouldn't be.

Either way, if you subtract all 3 QBs from the team, the Vikings are the best, no question.

Brees and Manning don't have a loss yet, and their teams aren't as talented as the Vikings in my opinion, and there is nothing you can say to really change that, because Adrian Peterson and Jared Allen are better than anyone on the Saints or Colts, and Kevin Williams probably is too, but that's just simplifying it.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy96 View Post
Favre has 17 TDs and only 3 INTs. His QB Rating of 107.5 is insane when you realize he has never had a season where his QB Rating has been 100 or higher. Hes still making plays but he isnt making the classic Favre INTs. Favre at 40 is having one of his best seasons. The story in itself is valuable.

AD is also a top player on the Vikings. The reason I say Favre is more valuable is simply where the team was last year and where they are this year. Last year after 9 games the Vikings were 5-4. They ended up 10-6 and losing at home in the wild card round to the Eagles.

This season the Vikings are 8-1. Players like Sidney Rice are making plays weekly. Why? Brett Favre is the QB. The Vikings after 9 games IMO have a division title and a first round bye wrapped up. Why? Brett Favre.

Adrian Peterson helped make the Vikings a playoff team. This year Brett Favre has made the Vikings a possible Super Bowl contender. No player on the Vikings or in the NFL has been more valuable than Brett Favre.
I agree with you 100% that Favre is having an absolutely exceptional season. I think a lot of the reason Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin have looked so good is because they have the guy. I just remember last year in NY he really struggled as the season wore on because he didn't have a dominant runner like Adrian Peterson that took a lot of the pressure off of his shoulders. I don't think his stats would be as great without AD.

But that's not to take away from what he's doing. He's a hall of famer doing something he's never done before and excelling at it. He has the efficiency of a game manager and the scoring ability of a top flight passer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

Quote:

I think you have to factor his age into it when you realize what he is doing at his age. Both players Favre and Manning IMO deserve the award. Id give the edge to Favre for how he has played, what he has done for the Vikings team, and the simple fact that at age 40 he is playing MVP caliber football.

Age doesnt help you on the actual field. No it doesnt get you 8 pts per touchdown. What he is doing on the field when you realize he is 40 is both valuable and really insane to think about.

Let me put it another way. How rare is it for a 40 year old QB to be playing at Favres level? Its more valuable b/c of how rare it is for a QB to be doing this at his age. Do you think the VIkings actually thought he would be playing this well when the season started? Do you actually think the Vikings thought at age 40 he would be having his best season and only have 3 INTs in 9 games?

I see what you are saying Saints-Tigers. I respect your opinion. Calling other people stupid for their opinions is quite childish though. You are focusing more on the age factor of my post than the overall post. Its not just his age but his age is a factor in why I say hes the MVP as of today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
I just remember last year in NY he really struggled as the season wore on because he didn't have a dominant runner like Adrian Peterson that took a lot of the pressure off of his shoulders. I don't think his stats would be as great without AD.
Thanks for the feedback. I loved reading your post.

This part I kinda disagree though b/c I think Favres injury was the bigger factor in why he struggled in the 2nd half of the season. Thomas Jones had a great season last year. Favre might not of had AP but he did have one of the best RBs in the NFL last season. I think if Favre was healthy he would of put up better numbers and the Jets would of won the division title.

Last edited by BleedBurgundy96 : 11-21-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:02 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm rooting for Favre to win it.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre (9-1):
22-25, 213 yards, 4 TD in win vs. Seattle

Manning (10-0):
22-31, 299 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT in win vs. Baltimore

This is getting very interesting.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:32 PM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Favre (9-1):
22-25, 213 yards, 4 TD in win vs. Seattle

Manning (10-0):
22-31, 299 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT in win vs. Baltimore

This is getting very interesting.
Favre 21 TDs 3 INTs

Hes easily the MVP imo right now.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy96 View Post
Favre 21 TDs 3 INTs

Hes easily the MVP imo right now.
I disagree. Jackson came in and went 6/8 for 77 yards and a touchdown and the Vikings ran for 160 yards. Favre is not carrying the Vikings like Manning is the Colts. Take Favre away from the Vikes and they are still like 7-3 at this point but without Manning the Colts would be 5-5 at best.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie BUSH MVP
Old 11-22-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I disagree. Jackson came in and went 6/8 for 77 yards and a touchdown and the Vikings ran for 160 yards. Favre is not carrying the Vikings like Manning is the Colts. Take Favre away from the Vikes and they are still like 7-3 at this point but without Manning the Colts would be 5-5 at best.
You can't make assumptions like that and that certainly is not how it works. If that were the case, Manning would have won every year since he was drafted even if the team went 8-8 just because if they didn't have him, they would have a worse record.

Old 11-22-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
You can't make assumptions like that and that certainly is not how it works. If that were the case, Manning would have won every year since he was drafted even if the team went 8-8 just because if they didn't have him, they would have a worse record.
I actually could make an argument that he should have won it every year since 2003 except 2007, not that it matters in this conversation. MVP stands for Most Valuable Player and to me it should go to the player that is most valuable to his team, and that is Manning by far.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manning is going to win it. He's on top of his game, big time.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
Manning is going to win it. He's on top of his game, big time.
Plus, his new commercial where he gives Jeff Saturday (?) a gift wrapped football and tell hims he'll never guess what's inside it, is hilarious. and that's MvP worthy stuff.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Still extremely close.

Manning (11-0):
298/423
70.4% completion
3,415 yards
24 TD
11 INT
102.7 Passer Rating

Favre currently has 3 more TD passes with a 14 point lead halfway through the 3rd with 300+ passing yards.

Obviously if the Colts go undefeated, Manning gets it. But what happens if both teams finish with 2 or 3 losses?