Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:23 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I don't care if the Titans go .500 the rest of the way and CJ doesn't score another TD. If he goes over 2,000 yards, he should be the MVP of the league. There's a reason that has only been done six times before, and that's cause it's damn difficult. Every single year we have QBs doing what Manning, Favre and Brees are doing.
If he breaks the all-time rushing record, which while were on the subject of 2000 rushing yards isn't really that far away he's got a great case regardless of record as well and puts him above both QB's unless the Colts go undefeated. 2100 rushing yards happens how often? Yea he'd have my vote pretty easily at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Brees
2. Manning
3. Johnson
4. Favre
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All MVP discussion that doesn't have Peyton #1 is moot until he loses a game. CJ could go for 3000 and if the Colts are 16-0 it's no contest.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
All MVP discussion that doesn't have Peyton #1 is moot until he loses a game. CJ could go for 3000 and if the Colts are 16-0 it's no contest.
I think it's really going to be how each candidate finishes the season. If the Colts reach 13-0, their next 3 games are looking pretty simple. They've already locked down the division title and if they win just two more and if San Diego, New England, and Cincinnati lose one more all season, they've locked down the conference. If things fall that way, I'd be shocked if they don't start sitting people, Manning included.

If that happens, and Manning is holding a clipboard while Favre, Brees, and Johnson continue to rack up numbers and win games, it's going to be tough still giving him the award.

Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck : 11-30-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Dirk360 smells like sex panther.Dirk360 smells like sex panther.

My MVPs

1. Darrelle Revis
2. Chris Johnson
3. Peyton Manning
4. Charles Woodson
5. Antonio Gates

the slobber fest over these qbs is disturbing. you see the top 5 and they are all qbs. why not call it the most valuable qb if the media is going to turn the award into the heisman (aka, the boobie award). how about giving credit to a guy who has mastered his craft when every rule in place is against him. no touching the receiver, breathing on the receiver, or looking at the receiver. thats the nfl though, they want high scoring games and they have to cheat the players, game, and the fans to get them. a complete and utter joke. will someone please remove gene washington from the comp committe? i cant stand it!!

Last edited by Dirk360 : 11-30-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Dirk360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaytoven View Post
Better check your stats again.
Reading comprehension is awesome. I clearly stated in my post that I was using stats prior to this past weeks games since the Colts have already played and the Saints haven't. Prior to week 12, the Colts were giving up 15.7 points per game (1st in the league) while the Cincinnati Bengals were giving up 16.7 points per game (2nd in the league). Please do not try and call me out if you have no idea what you are talking about.

The point remains though, the Colts have a top five defense and the Saints defense is outside the top ten. As long as both teams remain undefeated, Brees has the slight edge in my eyes. We'll see what happens after tonight though, it could be a moot point.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk360 View Post
My MVPs

1. Darrelle Revis
2. Chris Johnson
3. Peyton Manning
4. Charles Woodson
5. Antonio Gates

the slobber fest over these qbs is disturbing. you see the top 5 and they are all qbs. why not call it the most valuable qb if the media is going to turn the award into the heisman (aka, the boobie award). how about giving credit to a guy who has mastered his craft when every rule in place is against him. no touching the receiver, breathing on the receiver, or looking at the receiver. thats the nfl though, they want high scoring games and they have to cheat the players, game, and the fans to get them. a complete and utter joke. will someone please remove gene washington from the comp committe? i cant stand it!!
DPOY is the defensive MVP. Defensive guys like LT can win MVP if they have TRULY dominant seasons. Revis isn't having a truly dominant season and his team isn't that good. He's not winning MVP. I really don't know how you don't at least have Drew Brees on that list, either.

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I'll give it to Peyton as of now, he's on pace to break Marino's yardage record and hasn't lost yet. Can't really vote against that. The race definitely isn't over yet though.
Little known fact, Tom Brady has some fairly s*** pass defenses left to play and is playing well enough to break it as well, yet, gets no press for that matter.

I wonder if he will be in the banter at the end of the year if he is 650 or so yards from breaking it. (2-3 games left).
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:06 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
DPOY is the defensive MVP. Defensive guys like LT can win MVP if they have TRULY dominant seasons. Revis isn't having a truly dominant season and his team isn't that good. He's not winning MVP. I really don't know how you don't at least have Drew Brees on that list, either.
Gates is pretty bizarre too...don't get me wrong, Gates is teh beastz and an all pro, but Rivers is the one choking bitches.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, Revis and Gates are good players, but MVP candidates?
Old 11-30-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Can't C Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Reading comprehension is awesome. I clearly stated in my post that I was using stats prior to this past weeks games since the Colts have already played and the Saints haven't. Prior to week 12, the Colts were giving up 15.7 points per game (1st in the league) while the Cincinnati Bengals were giving up 16.7 points per game (2nd in the league). Please do not try and call me out if you have no idea what you are talking about.

The point remains though, the Colts have a top five defense and the Saints defense is outside the top ten. As long as both teams remain undefeated, Brees has the slight edge in my eyes. We'll see what happens after tonight though, it could be a moot point.
You're using point against as the sole definition of defensive ranking? Colts have a middle of the road defense, as evidenced by their yardage statistics.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Can't C Me

Quote:
yes, it's far more important to keep a team to low yardage then it is to keep them from scoring. that's a far more relevant stat to use as your only metric.
Nah man, you obviously want to use more but yards is typically a better indicator than points if you can only use one. Your offense and special teams has a huge effect on the points allowed, unlike yardage statistics which are completely dependent on the defense.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Seriously, Revis and Gates are good players, but MVP candidates?
No way what so ever are they even close to being in the MVP mix.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philip Rivers is having a legit MVP type season. I haven't read through this entire thread, but I'm not sure I've seen his name anywhere. Someone mentioned Revis, Woodson, and Gates before Rivers? Something is wrong here.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You watching D. Brees right now? I can't argue against him right now.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like other people have said and C.Johnson is having a freak year that you don't see that often he has my vote. (That is if I had a vote):)
Old 11-30-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Philip Rivers is having a legit MVP type season. I haven't read through this entire thread, but I'm not sure I've seen his name anywhere. Someone mentioned Revis, Woodson, and Gates before Rivers? Something is wrong here.
Rivers is putting up yet another great season, but he's totally overshadowed right now. There's no real argument for putting him above Peyton, Brees or Favre.

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
You watching D. Brees right now? I can't argue against him right now.
This could go down as one of the closest votes in history. I'm seriously torn over at least 3 or 4 legitimate candidates. This has been one hell of a year for the league.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

NFL is by far the best entertainment in sports no question.

(Insert soccer argument here)

I know its huge around the world but it doesn't touch the NFL in my book.

Last edited by Splat : 11-30-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Splat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't C Me View Post
You're using point against as the sole definition of defensive ranking? Colts have a middle of the road defense, as evidenced by their yardage statistics.
You do realize that purpose of football is to score points, not gain yards. Right? Which defense would you rather have: One that gives up 330 yards and 17 points per game or one that gives up 290 yards per game but 24 points per game? Because it sounds to me that you think the Giants have a top five defense, yet the Colts is "middle of the road."

I don't understand why you think so highly of yourself. It is possible for you to be wrong on occasion, it happens to all of us. But no, not Moses. You'll make absurd arguments even when you are factually proved wrong just because you don't want to admit it to yourself. I'll stop feeding the troll though. If you think you're right, than be my guest.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1- Manning
2- Brees
3- Favre

I think those are the only ones with a real shot. CJ, ARod, and Rivers are all having MVP type seasons but I think they'll be overshadowed by the top 3...and understandably so.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk360 View Post
My MVPs

1. Darrelle Revis
2. Chris Johnson
3. Peyton Manning
4. Charles Woodson
5. Antonio Gates

You have to understand how important the QB position is in football. A top QB can take a team from mediocre to amazing. A top TE or CB can add some extra dimensions to a team but can't really carry a team to the top alone.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:24 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Rivers is the MVP of my heart but not about to win MVP this year. Would've made a decent argument last year since he unquestionably had the best stats but ultimately Hochuli and a couple other bad breaks cost him a winning season and made it impossible.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

I was just saying Rivers could be in the discussion, though that list could get extensive with so many stellar offensive campaigns compared to years past. A QB heading one of the top 3 teams in the league is where the MVP will reign. Sorry CJ.

Last edited by 619 : 11-30-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I was just saying Rivers could be in the discussion, though that list could get extensive with so many stellar offensive campaigns compared to years past. One of the QBs heading the top 3 teams in the league is where the MVP will reign. Sorry CJ.
He should be in the discussion but probably not higher than 4. Run the table and get the 2 seed...he could beat out a couple guys. But ultimately it's a media award and Peyton is undefeated/Favre is God. Brees can't be God too so he gets to be the Holy Spirit and the Son.