Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-08-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
But...but...I posted that in November... :(
LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No! NO! I...*heads starts twitching* I never... *twitch twitch twitchity twitch*

TRADE UP FOR TEEEBBBOOOWWW!!!

HOLD ME TIMMAY!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Smitty if we got Myron Lewis I would cry like a baby! I <3 Myron. BTW we brought him in for a visit a few days ago.
Lewis = smitty :)

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, just FYI guys, Terry McCormick was recently let go from the paper he worked for in their latest budget cuts, but he's good friends with JTB, the admin of the TitansCentral.net website. So JTB has arranged for TC to be an outlet for Terry, and possibly adding on a paying membership section where members could get exclusive content for Terry himself - unfilted with no editors and straight from the source info. That's not final yet, so until then he occassionally posts under the name GeorgeBlanda. He recently posted this about the Haynesworth situation in Washington:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeBlanda
OK, here is what i know, not based on a full article or anything, but Haynesworth's contract after the Redskins paid the $21 million bonus is actually quite reasonable for the next two to three years for any team that might trade for him. The Titans do have some interest, but aren't going to give up very much in the way of compensation. If the Skins want to dump him, Tennessee would probably listen an offer.
For what it's worth, the Haynesworth camp doesn't expect a trade at all and expect that Albert will be in Washington this year, given that they alredy have so much invested with such a front-loaded contract.
And now here's an article by Jim Wyatt: http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2...ge-reputation/

Quote:
Titans General Manager Mike Reinfeldt has a chance to make a reputation-changing move, but only if the Redskins are willing to let him.

By trading for defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, the Titans would get the NFL’s prized free agent from a year ago back in Nashville with an affordable contract, one that was much cheaper than what the Titans offered him before he left.

And Reinfeldt would be hailed as a genius in doing so. Fair or unfair, most Titans fans view him as a frugal GM who’s often too slow in making decisions. It doesn’t matter that the Titans had no business giving Haynesworth the $100 million contract the Redskins handed over, or that some of the past free agents he let walk — Drew Bennett, Travis Henry or Travis LaBoy, for instance — all turned out to be busts with their new teams.

If Reinfeldt could get Haynesworth back with a contract that’s essentially worth just $16.2 million over the next three years, he’d finally get cut some slack by an impatient fan base.

Trading for Haynesworth is easier said than done, of course. It hinges more on what the Redskins are willing to accept than what the Titans – or anyone else, for that matter – might be willing to give. One report earlier this week indicated the Redskins are no longer shopping Haynesworth, who spent his first seven NFL seasons in Tennessee.

There are indications the Redskins were willing to take a third-round pick before they paid him the $21 million bonus on April 1. The Redskins offered Haynesworth to the Eagles as part of the trade that sent Donovan McNabb to the Redskins, but the Eagles said no thanks.

Now that Haynesworth has been paid – in all he’s collected $32 million over 14 months – it’s a matter of whether the 'Skins are willing to bite the bullet and trade him now. I still can’t see it happening, but it probably depends on how ticked off Coach Mike Shanahan is at Haynesworth, or how much influence he can have on owner Daniel Snyder, who might not be so willing to let the big guy go after making it rain a monsoon on him.

There’s no question the Titans are interested. Every team in the NFL should be if Haynesworth can be had at such a reduced price. But one big thing working against the Titans: they don’t have a second-round pick to offer as part of a trade. They have a third, and while they’d certainly be willing to give that up, the question is whether the Redskins would take it. They might be able to do a whole lot better. The Titans would not be willing to trade a first-round pick.

Titans Coach Jeff Fisher’s relationship with Shanahan could come into play. What a big favor that would be, steering Haynesworth back to Fisher and the Titans.

It still seems like a too-good-to-be-true scenario to me. But if the Titans could somehow pull it off, the front office and Reinfeldt might never be looked at the same.
Two different reports that the Titans do have interest, but that's not the big part. The big thing is Fisher and Shanny's friendship. When the Broncos drafted Cutler, Shanny called Fisher to ask for his thoughts on him and if the Broncos should select him. Heimerdinger was let go by Shanny so he could come back to Tennessee. They have a strong, mutual respect for one another. Adding in AH's history here and us being in the AFC, and this has legs.

Now, the Skins reportedly wanted a 3rd prior to the massive payout, so their price has gone up. We don't have a 2nd, so we'd probably have to give up something like our 3rd, 4th, and a 2011 3rd RD pick (Also, keep in mind that our 2011 1st RD'er has a 2010 2nd RD value, and those picks will have salary slotting, thus being more valuable. We won't be trading our 2010 1st unless it's a Draft day thing where no one we want is there, but our 2011 isn't out of the question since it could be a late 1st). Players could also be considered: DT Tony Brown (would have to sign an extension at a reasonable price), DT Jason Jones, G/C Eugene Amano, T/G/C Leroy Harris, or OT Troy Kropog could be included instead of picks - maybe even DE Jacob Ford or DE William Hayes if they need a 3-4 OLB.

I don't want to post this in the NFL Forum, since I don't have the time to deal with the 'Skins fans. But, I'm bouncing this off ya'll since ya'll are my boys. <3

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt mind trading for Haynesworth, as long as Jason Jones isnt involved.

Quote:
Old 04-08-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O hai guyz!

Whatever happened to the NFL investigating tampering on the Redskins from last year?
Old 04-08-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
O hai guyz!

Whatever happened to the NFL investigating tampering on the Redskins from last year?
They dropped it.

Quote:
Old 04-08-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well ****.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:05 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Sorry, when the report came out it sounded like the NFL thought they were tampering but they just couldnt prove it.

Quote:
Old 04-09-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I ******* hate David Climer.. How he has a job is beyond me.

Quote:
Old 04-09-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Graham will be visiting Tennessee in the upcoming days.....YAY!

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Brandon Graham will be visiting Tennessee in the upcoming days.....YAY!
Really diggin' the sig mang!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:46 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really diggin' the sig mang!
Well I'm glad someone likes it. :D I usually make one jersey transfer each year for the player I want....lets just say it hasn't been the greatest track record.

2005: Mike Williams
2006: Vince Young
2007: Dwayne Jarrett
2008: Malcolm Kelly
2009: Alphonso Smith

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:50 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

2011: Patrick Peterson
Old 04-11-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
2011: Patrick Peterson
1st - peterson
2nd - deandre brown :D
5th - D HARRIS!!!!! :p :D wr depth for vince after he wins da supa bowl hehe
peterson is a narsty lockdown cb
Old 04-12-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans sign QB Chris Simms

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...QB+Chris+Simms

Looks like this is the end of the road for KC

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Yeah, no way they were gonna pay KC as much as he was owed to sit the bench this season.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I dunno. It's a crap load to pay a back-up, but VY is injury prone. It's happened every season for the past 3 years. If VY pulls his hammy again and has to sit out a game or longer, and we're in the Wild Card hunt, I'm more comfortable with KC in there than Simms. It's very likely the backup QB sees active gametime this season.

Not that it really matters when we draft Levi Brown in the 5th or 6th Round.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Yeah, we'll still probably draft a QB in the mid to late rounds.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:44 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
:D

It's less than a week before the Draft. We've kicked this horse a good bit, lol.

Here's something to chew on: If Derrick Morgan, Jason Pierre-Paul, and Brandon Graham are all available, then who do ya'll think Washburn will be wanting the most?

I'll give my answer later....it's JPP! Haha!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here's something to chew on: If Derrick Morgan, Jason Pierre-Paul, and Brandon Graham are all available, then who do ya'll think Washburn will be wanting the most?
Personally, I'd rank them:
1. Derrick Morgan
2. Brandon Graham
3. Jason Pierre-Paul

Washburn's ranking (if I had to guess):
1. Jason Pierre-Paul
2. Derrick Morgan
3. Brandon Graham

Even though I'm concerned about the idea of taking JPP in the first round, I will ultimately trust Washburn's scouting. He (along with Munchak) has proven time-and-time again that he knows what he's doing and can get a lot out of his D-Lineman.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We probaly draft JPP if all 3 are available.

So what workout warrior will we draft this year? It seems like we always do chris henry,CJ,cook etc
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Yup, I guarantee Wash has a man crush on JPP. He was my guess if ya highlight my previous post.

Another guess would be Dunlap. I think Washburn has JPP and Dunlap pretty high. And while I love Wash, he's not infallible, and may even be a bit over-rated. We got lucky with KVB, but he couldn't get Haynesworth to reach his potential - Chuck Smith had to refine his technique and said AH's set of pass-rush moves was terrible for a NFL DT. Odom took forever to develop and reach his potential (injuries had a part to play though). Randy Starks was a bust here, but went to Miami and is now one of their better players. Plus, Wash was extremely high on Jammal Anderson when he came out, and absolutely gushed over him (then again, maybe Wash could've gotten more out of him?). But with his misses, he has his hits like with Tony Brown, Jason Jones, Jacob Ford, and Dave Ball. William Hayes and Sen'Derrick Marks look like they're on their way as well.

If we pick a DE, Wash will prove his mettle based on the success of that DE. I still think he's one of the best DL Coaches in the league, but I wouldn't put him up with Munch. Munch is hands down the best OL Coach in the league, in both scouting and coaching, and rarely gets its wrong (Nailed Roos, Stewart, Amano, Harris, made Loper an ideal swing man, and now will work wonders with Kropog). He has a prototype that he looks for and skill sets that he can develop, and he hand picks those players out of the pool. When asked about the pick of Troy Kropog in the 4th RD, Jeff Fisher's reply was, "That's a Munch pick," and that was that. Same answer for Ryan Durand. His opinion is near gospel.

As for the workout warriors Complex, I'm not sure. No 2nd RD pick makes it so we can't make a huge reach ala Chris Henry, but we could still pick workout warriors in the 3rd. Maybe DB Chris Cook, DB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, or CB Sam Shields? I still think we come out with two DE's in this Draft, so maybe DE Lindsey Witten (not really any workout warriors out of the mid-rounds DE's, but Witten had a great workout and owns great physical measurables - 2nd longest arms among DE's and ran a 4.71 40). Maybe a speedy RS like WR Jacoby Ford. Also, OLB Dekota Watson is one to watch.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
:D

It's less than a week before the Draft. We've kicked this horse a good bit, lol.
Voodoo-"Its the calm before the storm" hahaha :D, and jpp ftw