Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-01-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was listening to Titans radio with Jonathan Hutton and he said from what he has gathered from talks with Jeff Fisher and Mike Reinfeldt that our draft board looks like this.....

Player the Titans are most interested in...

Rolando McClain (Jonathan said the Titans identified him as a their "Blue Chip" player.)

DE is the number 1 priority if he is not available and the three guys he named were

1. JPP
2.Derrick Morgan
3.Sergio Kindle
Note: He said the Titans are not very high on Griffen (but it could just be a cover up)

He then said that if Jpp, Derrick or Kindle were not available priority number 2 would be Corner. and the titans were interested in...

1.Joe Haden
2.Earl Thomas
3.Kyle Wilson

LB outside of Rolando is priority number 3 ( I cant remember who he put as 2 and 3 but I know they are VERY high on Darryl Washington, maybe even more than Spoon.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Last edited by DoughBoy : 03-01-2010 at 05:20 PM.
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just from looking at the list, Earl Thomas and Sergio look like the most likely picks. Don't know what I think of that, although I am a little higher on Sergio than some of you guys. (Earl Thomas just looks like another Michael Griffin experiment IMO).

Quote:
Old 03-02-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Just seeing if something works.

Quote:

Last edited by DoughBoy : 03-02-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post

:D :D
Old 03-02-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post

That is Donnie Nickey's number! You can't just take a number away from an immortal!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:50 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

LOL, I forgot. I dont know why he would want 23 anyways. 35 or lendales 25.

Quote:
Old 03-03-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
ectuberider
Rookie

ectuberider could make a wolverine purr.ectuberider could make a wolverine purr.ectuberider could make a wolverine purr.ectuberider could make a wolverine purr.ectuberider could make a wolverine purr.ectuberider could make a wolverine purr.

Hey guys i'm pretty new to the forum but as an avid Titans fan i figured i would give my 2 cents.

First off I agree with VooDoo Monkey that if McClain starts to fall out of the top 10 we gotta move up and grab him, I've been watching him for a few years and he's the real deal, he could be the leader on our defense for years to come. Its not all about his physical talents, its his leadership, instincts, and the way he prepares himself and the guys around him for games. I liken him to a Ray Lewis type of mike backer whose going to make sure the whole defense is on the same page, read the offense, call out assignments, diagnose screens or draws, and just make the guys around him better.

I really like JPP at 16 if we could get him but other than that most of the other 1st round DE prospects scare me, Bulaga shut Morgan down at the Orange bowl ( he did'nt even have a single tackle in the game! ) Griffen seriously underachieved at USC,and it really scares me that so many people have the Titans picking him, he was being hyped as one of the best DE prospects ever coming out of high school and few USC DE have had a lot of success in the NFL, And we all know about the question marks surrounding Dunlap. So if we cant get JPP i think they Should look at DT, I personally Like Price the best out of the one's that would be available. I also think that it wouldnt be a bad idea to trade down if possible this draft is pretty deep and you can get talented players who will have an immeadiate impact outside of 1st round.

I really hope that Titanhope's Lenwhale for cromartie trade becomes reality

and if it does Hardesty would be a great pickup, he'd be a good complement to CJ, I actually played against him in high school and the Dude was a freaking monster, he ran for over 300 yards against us, and we were no slouch of a team we were ranked in the NC High School top ten most of the year.

Last edited by ectuberider : 03-03-2010 at 03:13 PM.
ectuberider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So...apparently the Titans tendered a few of their RFAs...

Bo Scaife (1st Round Tender)
Tony Brown (1st Round Tender)
Stephen Tulloch (1st Round Tender)
Lendale White (2nd Round Tender)
Kevin Vickerson (2nd Round Tender)
Dave Ball (2nd Round Tender)

Basically, we have a chance to meet any other team's offer. If another team offers more money than our tender and signs our player, they have to forfeit the tendered draft pick. (Of course, sometimes the two teams negotiate a trade that involves a lower draft pick.)

Personally, I think that we might have a chance to move Bo Scaife, Lendale White, and Kevin Vickerson. However, I don't think that any of them will result in the draft round that we tendered them at. I think it's more likely that we get a 3rd-4th rounder for Scaife, a 4th-5th rounder for White (this is a deep RB draft-class), or a 4th-5th rounder for Vickerson (who could be a good DT for some 3-4 team).

It also appears that the Titans are making serious progress in their efforts to re-sign Tony Brown to a long-term deal, which would be awesome. Tulloch would be next on the list after that, I'm sure.

In semi-related news, the Raiders apparently tendered their LB Kirk Morrison with a 3rd round pick. I'd LOVE for the Titans to make a deal for Morrison. I think he's easily worth a 3rd rounder; and the Titans may even be able to negotiate that down to a 4th rounder.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Well boys.... who is going to tell Jeff and Mike a week from now that FA starts here in about an hour? Atleast Reynaldo Hill and Lamont Thompson should still be on the market.

:)

:(

Quote:
Old 03-04-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cardinals only want a 3rd round pick Anquan boldin. I hope Jeff and Mike trade for him or Brandon Marshall . ( Jets traded for Cromartie :(). Then again its the Titans, we might sign Dwayne Jarrett (if he gets cut) and watch Nate Washington drop perfect passes :(.

Last edited by Complex : 03-05-2010 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Nick harper and Nate suck
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know that the Titans are usually very conservative in the free agent market, but we definitely need to hit at least one of our major needs (CB LB, DE) so we don't have to press on draft day. I'd prefer to go after corner in the FA market since we need a starter and the value at our pick in the first won't be there.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
titan tony
Rookie

titan tony could make a wolverine purr.titan tony could make a wolverine purr.titan tony could make a wolverine purr.titan tony could make a wolverine purr.titan tony could make a wolverine purr.titan tony could make a wolverine purr.titan tony could make a wolverine purr.titan tony could make a wolverine purr.

Well with tennesse loosing kvb, an no stand out dt at 16 I can see them definitely going de now depending on who's available.. Fred smoot, an antwan randel el is available.. Randel el has gotten older an his price tag should come down now.. Tennessee loves bargain deals so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a look.. He's not a bad punt returner an could add some deph at wr, but not a huge need at the moment "WR". I think the closes tenn will get to a number 1 wr this year is britt an gage.. They ddnt play bad last year given the amount of times the titans passed the ball, I just don't see them spending big dollars on another wide out after nate.. Drafting a wide out late an hoping to steal a gem in later rounds fits perfect with the team's conservative approach an needs at the moment.. Boldin I believe is still a solid wr, but im not sure if he's still a number one, an giving up a number 3 along with his salary is somthing I wouldn't do if I was general manger\ coach fisher.. Dline on the other hand needs the most attention, an should be addressed in the 1st round pending on who's available.. At cb fred Smoot could be a step up from nick harper, Depending on what the dline can get accomplished next year.. Not to big on lito shepard either but might be able to get em at cheap price.. Looks like tenn will be trying to plug holes through the draft again, because I really don't see them making many moves.. the other day they did sign pago togafau off waivers... Its still early tho!
titan tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
ectuberider
Rookie

ectuberider could make a wolverine purr.ectuberider could make a wolverine purr.ectuberider could make a wolverine purr.ectuberider could make a wolverine purr.ectuberider could make a wolverine purr.ectuberider could make a wolverine purr.

Leigh Bodden or Lito Sheppard would'nt be bad pick ups

The Panthers placed a 2nd round tender on Richard Marshall and I think he would be a great pickup if they could get him, but we don't have a second round pick this year so i don't know if that would be possible.
ectuberider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boldin is gone he got traded and signed a 4yr 28 million dollar deal (We signed Nate Washington to 6 year 27million dollar deal). My last hope is T.O or Brandon Marshall
Old 03-05-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans aren't signing a WR in FA unless he can return kicks/punts. Acquiring Boldin or Marshall just ain't gonna happen, especially after bringing in Britt, Cook, and Washington last offseason. Britt was brought in to be the #1 guy, and by all accounts, he's on his was there. Lets stick with these guys and let them develop before we trade away picks, that we desperately need to rebuild the defense, for another WR.

Sad to see KVB go, but 4-years/$20+ million was overpaying. Glad he was able to get that from Schwartzy though! :D

Bodden or Shephard wouldn't be bad pickups, but Bodden isn't a Cover 2 CB and Shephard seems to have issues. Marlin Jackson is out there too, and Carlos Rodgers wants to be cut/traded as well. Jackson may be the most likely option.

I'd love to get Aaron Kampman. That's my ideal pick up. We need to go DE 1st Round to get youth, and then pick up a veteran DE in FA. I also want to re-sign Bulluck.

LenWhale wants to be played or cut/traded. Hopefully we trade him somewhere.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Marlin Jackson. Good corner + weakens a division rival in the process.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I want Marlin Jackson. Good corner + weakens a division rival in the process.
Isn't he always injuried? so I doubt it would hurt the Colts and he is also slow. But he is better than Nick Harper well anyting is better than Nick harper
Old 03-05-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Isn't he always injuried? so I doubt it would hurt the Colts and he is also slow. But he is better than Nick Harper well anyting is better than Nick harper
Kyle Vanden Bosch was always hurt before he got to us. He ended up being a solid pick-up. We could always trade Lendale for a corner. I don't know who's on the block right now, though.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Kyle Vanden Bosch was always hurt before he got to us. He ended up being a solid pick-up. We could always trade Lendale for a corner. I don't know who's on the block right now, though.
Touche good point

Seahawks have any decent corners or DE's on the block?So Pete and Lendale can reunite
Old 03-05-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I don't think so. Maybe we could approach the Redskins about a trade involving Carlos Rogers since he's disgruntled and they could use a runningback.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I can see us making a move or two via trade or through RFA. Omar Gaither, would be a good one.

Quote:
Old 03-06-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I'd love for us to make an offer to Will Witherspoon in FA, if Bulluck signs elsewhere. Witherspoon was cut by the Eagles, so he wouldn't count towards compensation picks. He can play all of the 4-3 LB spots too. It's the kind of signing that's right up the Titans's alley.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

The great Jason Babin and Marques Douglas are coming in to visit :). I can't contain myself our pass rushing problems are solved YES!!!!!! I hope we bring in Williams Jams to take over for Nick Harper.

Last edited by Complex : 03-08-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:41 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Babin and Douglas? CHAMPIONSHIP!!! :D

FA is sooo boring!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:45 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why do the titans do NOTHING in FA, come on guys make a signing we need LB depth and a versatile option is sitting there and i doubt he is asking for the world
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote