Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Who's the best WR?
DeSean Jackson, Eagles 67 72.04%
Miles Austin, Cowboys 15 16.13%
Steve Smith, Giants 6 6.45%
Santana Moss, Redskins 1 1.08%
Mario Manningham, Giants 3 3.23%
Other 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how guys pronounce a dialogue "childish" then proceed to agree with themselves and pronounce the argument closed.

DeSean is a better WR b/c we say so .... even if the stats don't support it.

Austin, more catches, more TDs, more yards, less games and if you used 40 yards instead of 50 yards the primary data point supporting your point-of-view goes becomes moot in comparison.

Austin makes more second and third down catches.
DeSean most of his damage on 1st down -- that is play action.

8 of Austin TD when the Cowboys are DOWN or TIED. 72%.
DeSean less TD and only 66%.

Austin, 65% Caught, 48% First Downs.
DeSean 53% Caught, 34% First Downs.

Austin makes tougher grabs. DeSean drops them.

So folks can argue all they want but I know what I see. I see in Austin a prime time WR making plays in tough situations. I see DeSean as being a great PR and great post runner with a great bomb-throwing QB.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 01-05-2010 at 09:59 PM.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 different receivers ask to do 2 different things, yet you guys still want to compare the 2 with stats?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Austin makes tougher grabs. DeSean drops them.
DeSean and Austin both have 5 dropped passes this season. DeSean happened to have 2 on Sunday. I see you and MilesAustin4MVP have a lot in common, the only time you see DeSean play is when he plays Dallas and you think you're an expert on him. I've seen Austin drop easy catches on more than one occasion this year too. Pretty funny how your whole argument is based on stats but you still make absurd statements that you can't back up.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles fans have nothing to be complaining about really. Jackson dominated this poll all the while Austin had more yards and TD's with far less starts. The poll isn't even close, and honestly I think the two are closer then the poll depicts, but it's pretty obvious nobodies opinion is going to change no matter how many different ways we tackle this debate.

We'll just have to revisit in a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Eagles fans have nothing to be complaining about really. Jackson dominated this poll all the while Austin had more yards and TD's with far less starts. The poll isn't even close, and honestly I think the two are closer then the poll depicts, but it's pretty obvious nobodies opinion is going to change no matter how many different ways we tackle this debate.

We'll just have to revisit in a year.
I actually think it is closer than the poll suggests as well, I just don't like when people talk out of their ass and make up stuff to back up their argument. It has been said multiple times in this thread, but it is impossible to determine factual proof as to who is the better player considering they play 2 different positions for different teams who run different systems, stats are nice but there are so many factors that go into what makes a player that there will always be a certain level of subjectivity to it. When it comes down to it, it's really a matter of preference.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:40 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I've seen Austin drop easy catches on more than one occasion this year too.
1 easy one. Just 1.

But you completely ignored the point which is DeSean does not make catches in traffic -- regardless of drops.

I think this is an important point most DJax fans are ignoring in their rush to crown him "Best WR in the NFC East."

Like I said, he is a great #2 who can draw Safety help and make big downfield catches with routine. Austin can do that a little less effectively but he can run (and catch) every other pattern in the book.

So when you need a First Down on 3rd and 10 - Austin will be open or can get enuff to move the chains. DJax is a little harder to do so unless he gets a few seconds to clear by the trash and get deep.

I think this explains why 50% of DJax catches are 1st down whereas 20% of Austin are 1st down. DJax is a mis-direction, sneaky play guy who needs the cover of play action to do what he doe best. Austin, you know they are throwing to him and he still gets to it.

As I said, I love DJax. But to me "BEST" means the go to guy who gets it done regardless of situation. Like Austins 49 yarder versus the Eagles, His KC plays, the slant versus the Saints ..... that is what makes a #1. Not just bombs for TDs.

Imagine him and Austin together???

Last edited by herniateddisc : 01-06-2010 at 07:11 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:50 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Imagine him and Austin together???
We can in the pro bowl :D Lots of young pups this year; Desean, Austin Sidney Rice, too bad they screwed it up by putting it before the SB, ughhh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=4801838

JACKSON FOR BET SHaaT TALKING WR IN THE NFC EAST MAYBE.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=4801838

JACKSON FOR BET SHaaT TALKING WR IN THE NFC EAST MAYBE.
Woooo! I'm LOVIN' this rivalry even MORE!!!

I will be surprised if Jackson makes it out of this game alive. He talks more than Thumper and superman combined. Funniest part was Jenkins saying how Jackson is quiet on the field and loud behind the computer. Cracked me up.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

I'm not a huge fan of all the trash talking from D Jack. I have no problem with having swagger, as long as he's able to follow through and back it up, and so far he hasn't done anything against the cowboys to prove to me he can do that. At least he can back it up more than Freddie Mitchell ever did.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Desean is just trying to play mind games. A pissed of overaggressive secondary means getting burnt all day. Not saying that's gonna happen but that's probably what's in Desean's mind. Anyways he's just a young guy who just got 2 starting spots on the pro bowl roster, he's obviously feeling as confident as ever.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's gone sting they ass!
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
NIMV
Rookie

NIMV hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

DeSean Jackson is the best WR not only on NFC EAST, but is gonna be one of best around the league. Niners fans are crying for let him go in 2008 draft.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIMV View Post
DeSean Jackson is the best WR not only on NFC EAST, but is gonna be one of best around the league. Niners fans are crying for let him go in 2008 draft.
DeSean GOAT Jackson.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
DeSean GOAT Jackson.
At least you finally admit it.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:07 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
At least you finally admit it.
Jerry Rice was just saying that the other day. GOAT.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
To me, the #1 WR on a team is the guy who the defense focuses most of its attention to.

He's the one dictating coverage. He's the one who impacts the gameplan more than anybody else.

There are some great young talents in the East at WR, a lot of them are still developing. But at this moment, I just don't see how it could be anyone but DJack right now as the best.

DJack is going to be a stud his entire career.
After about one year on this website, your posts clearly stand out to me as one of the best. The best playmaker, regardless of position, is the one defenses focus the most attention to, not the guy getting targeted the most, the guy getting paid the most, and sometimes, not even the guy with the best stats.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellojello View Post
After about one year on this website, your posts clearly stand out to me as one of the best. The best playmaker, regardless of position, is the one defenses focus the most attention to, not the guy getting targeted the most, the guy getting paid the most, and sometimes, not even the guy with the best stats.
A #1 WR is the one who makes the tough catches and helps his team score -- whether it is him or not and regardless of whether teams focus on him or not.

As I pointed out with stats (not opinion), DJax performs on first down when run/pass is "at its best balance" and he gets behind weak secondaries/game plan.

That is why he gets so many bombs, McNabb play actions, he gets lots of time, DJax is not being pressed or harrassed, he runs deep and McNabb throws a great deep ball.

That will be taken away as D Coord look at tapes more closely -- or if they read my posts. Whichever comes first.

Fact he does not perform at the same level on second and third says about all you need to know if he is a #1. B/c when teams are more likely to focus on him, and the pass rush is coming, his stats drop.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/playo...ory?id=4803974

Funny. Finally.

It is almost as if I start the controversy and someone writes about it.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/playo...ory?id=4803974

Funny. Finally.

It is almost as if I start the controversy and someone writes about it.
KC Joyner is a guy I entirely respect. He seems spot on with all 3 of his analysis' found in that article.

That's a guy who I would like to see put out positional rankings.

+1 to Bob.

Last edited by D-Unit : 01-07-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast

D, try this one for how over-rated the Eagles DBs are .....
Old 01-07-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast

D, try this one for how over-rated the Eagles DBs are .....
Billy Bob is on a roll!

+2!!!

Where you at Eagles fans???
Old 01-07-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Billy Bob is on a roll!

+2!!!

From the day I heard them cheer when they saw Mike Irvin paralysed on the field at the Vet, I have loathed them.

I remember that like yesterday. Cowboys got off to a 3-0 start and were steam rolling teams and as soon as that happened ..... wheels came off the cart.

So .... I wish every Eagle injury on every play and each idiot fan slip and fall on a sheet of ice with concrete beneath their head. F'em.

With that said, they are a good football organization and that should not be in dispute.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 01-07-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Billy Bob is on a roll!

+2!!!

Suspend one of the more frequent posters and then write this ********. Why am I not surprised?

You guys are the only ones that still wanna carry on this thread anyway. It's already been proven some Cowboy fans cant get past their homerism and boners for Miles Austin, so theres no point in arguing it.

Theres also no point in arguing the Eagles DB's being overrated. Our CB's definitely aren't overrated, and our safeties arent even good enough to rate, besides Mikell.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Suspend one of the more frequent posters and then write this ********. Why am I not surprised?

You guys are the only ones that still wanna carry on this thread anyway. It's already been proven some Cowboy fans cant get past their homerism and boners for Miles Austin, so theres no point in arguing it.

Theres also no point in arguing the Eagles DB's being overrated. Our CB's definitely aren't overrated, and our safeties arent even good enough to rate, besides Mikell.
So we are homers yet on two separate links above your DBs are called into account for sucking/being over-rated and DeSean is called into into account for being over-rated.

I guess "Cowboy Homers" run ESPN too.

What a .....