Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Who's the best WR?
DeSean Jackson, Eagles 67 72.04%
Miles Austin, Cowboys 15 16.13%
Steve Smith, Giants 6 6.45%
Santana Moss, Redskins 1 1.08%
Mario Manningham, Giants 3 3.23%
Other 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Suspend one of the more frequent posters and then write this ********. Why am I not surprised?

You guys are the only ones that still wanna carry on this thread anyway. It's already been proven some Cowboy fans cant get past their homerism and boners for Miles Austin, so theres no point in arguing it.

Theres also no point in arguing the Eagles DB's being overrated. Our CB's definitely aren't overrated, and our safeties arent even good enough to rate, besides Mikell.

+1.

Only 1 out of those 3 statements are valid. The last one.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
So we are homers yet on two separate links above your DBs are called into account for sucking/being over-rated and DeSean is called into into account for being over-rated.

I guess "Cowboy Homers" run ESPN too.

What a .....
Giving me links to ESPN is not helping your argument.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like how guys pronounce a dialogue "childish" then proceed to agree with themselves and pronounce the argument closed.

I agree that your a stubborn miles austin worshiping fool, i never closed the argument, i never said that desean is better i was merely proving that miles austin isn't, in your defensive thought process you say anything that supports your OPINION. I do agree with myself, desean is more explosive but austin is the more polished reciever, both helped their team to the playoffs.

DeSean is a better WR b/c we say so .... even if the stats don't support it.

Austin, more catches, more TDs, more yards, less games and if you used 40 yards instead of 50 yards the primary data point supporting your point-of-view goes becomes moot in comparison.

Without a run game yeah id say that austin would be leaned on more, desean was paid the most attention to in his offense and they had other recievers that actually caught the ball, and a run game. Who made the most of what they were given, id say desean. Austin couldve put the game away in KC, but he didn't he dropped the ball once, twice? then he's this amazing player who wins it in the end.

Austin makes more second and third down catches.
DeSean most of his damage on 1st down -- that is play action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
2 different receivers ask to do 2 different things, yet you guys still want to compare the 2 with stats?
8 of Austin TD when the Cowboys are DOWN or TIED. 72%.
DeSean less TD and only 66%.

Two different recievers and two different offenses, being down is most likely the defense's fault... so idk what point your trying to make

Austin, 65% Caught, 48% First Downs.
DeSean 53% Caught, 34% First Downs.

Austin makes tougher grabs. DeSean drops them.

Austin is given more opportunity, and weren't those two drops in KC very impacting? Tough grabs my butt, im not saying DeSean is consistent at catching the ball, Austin isn't as good as you make him out to be.

So folks can argue all they want but I know what I see. I see in Austin a prime time WR making plays in tough situations. I see DeSean as being a great PR and great post runner with a great bomb-throwing QB.

If i remember correctly Randy Moss in Minnesota made impact plays mostly on deep routes, his strength with his speed and height, so since DeSean is fast and can catch a great bomb he's less of a reciever?
10 characters...

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So .... I wish every Eagle injury on every play and each idiot fan slip and fall on a sheet of ice with concrete beneath their head. F'em.
Classy post...
Old 01-07-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Giving me links to ESPN is not helping your argument.
Why would it? Reason is not what you are interested in.

You just want to hear Asante, Brown and DeSean are the best. They are not, not even in this division.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Classy post...
It matches the class of most Philly fans.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why would it? Reason is not what you are interested in.

You just want to hear Asante, Brown and DeSean are the best. They are not, not even in this division.
No, I dont want to hear they are the best. I dont get my off by saying my players are the best, I know you do though.

Problem is, Asante Samuel and Sheldon Brown are some of the best in the NFL, let alone our division. DeSean is one of the best in the NFL at certain things.

The reason posting ESPN articles isn't helping your case is because its ESPN. I have respect for very few analysts on ESPN.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It matches the class of most Philly fans.
So you're a hypocrite? Gotcha.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
No, I dont want to hear they are the best. I dont get my off by saying my players are the best, I know you do though.

Problem is, Asante Samuel and Sheldon Brown are some of the best in the NFL, let alone our division. DeSean is one of the best in the NFL at certain things.

The reason posting ESPN articles isn't helping your case is because its ESPN. I have respect for very few analysts on ESPN.
So you dislike ESPN ergo the analysis sucks.

Makes sense to me.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:
Oh, don't be silly. It's not hypocrisy when Cowboy fans do it.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
How can you say that?

Where did I contradict myself on this issue?
Old 01-07-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
How can you say that?

You despise eagles fans for being classless yet talk about how you wish every eagles player would get hurt and every eagles fan would slip on ice...
Old 01-07-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How can you say that?

by wishing injuries upon eagles and their fans, which is unclassy, then calling them the ones who aren't classy.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-07-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
You despise eagles fans for being classless yet talk about how you wish every eagles player would get hurt and every eagles fan would slip on ice...
and .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
by wishing injuries upon eagles and their fans, which is unclassy, then calling them the ones who aren't classy.
Who said I had class?

Your problems, as with many here, is they jump to conclusions with no basis in fact. Assume ..... but really ......

R E A D I N G -- C O M P R E H E N S I O N -- P L E A S E.

I never held myself as having class while calling Philly fans classless. I simply called them what they are and wished them ill b/c of what they are. I don't think I am any great shakes on the humanitarian front. In fact most people would call me a prick and it would not be far from the truth. Smart prick though.

So it would be inaccurate to say I am a hypocrite.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 01-07-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not going to read those links, or get into this argument, but no matter what they say, KC Joyner is a freaking idiot.
that is all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Not going to read those links, or get into this argument, but no matter what they say, KC Joyner is a freaking idiot.
that is all.
Attaboy. Sounds like a man seeking truth.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
and .....

Who said I had class?

Your problems, as with many here, is they jump to conclusions with no basis in fact. Assume ..... but really ......

R E A D I N G -- C O M P R E H E N S I O N -- P L E A S E.

I never held myself as having class while calling Philly fans classless. I simply called them what they are and wished them ill b/c of what they are. I don't think I am any great shakes on the humanitarian front. In fact most people would call me a prick and it would not be far from the truth. Smart prick though.

So it would be inaccurate to say I am a hypocrite.
thats not something to be proud of, nor is to have a "im smarter than everyone else" demeanor.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-09-2010, 06:04 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
thats not something to be proud of, nor is to have a "im smarter than everyone else" demeanor.
Once again you are reading into what I said when I never said it. Tiring.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Once again you are reading into what I said when I never said it. Tiring.
"once again"? when did i ever put words in your mouth? I said your demeanor, how you talk, how you carry yourself; doesn't have to be something you say.

oh and before you say i said you were a hypocrite, i didn't, i explained how you could've been interpreted as one, so dont go barking up that tree

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-09-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Yeah, DeSean is great. ROTFLMAO.

Oh, Brown and Asante are pretty over rated too.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can keep Miles Austin, I honestly wouldn't want pick him if I were able to choose Desean AND Maclin over him. No matter how good a receiver is, if the quarterback's not getting them the ball there's not much they can do. It's not Desean's fault McNabb sucks.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:45 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
You can keep Miles Austin, I honestly wouldn't want pick him if I were able to choose Desean AND Maclin over him. No matter how good a receiver is, if the quarterback's not getting them the ball there's not much they can do. It's not Desean's fault McNabb sucks.
Not a #1.

DeSean game can be taken away pretty easily. The Cowboys demonstrated that in 3 games.

To say he was a non-factor would be an understatement.

Not only did he do nothing.

He did nothing for his team-mates b/c for all the talk about "how he dictates" this and that ...... his team-mates were not much better.

Celek had on egood game. Maclin another. But not much either.

9PPG for the "MOST EXPLOSIVE." That sucks.

As one fan on the Eagles Board said "gimmick offense."

Last edited by herniateddisc : 01-10-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Not a #1.

DeSean game can be taken away pretty easily. The Cowboys demonstrated that in 3 games.

He did nothing for his team-mates b/c for all the talk about "how he dictates" this and that ...... his team-mates were not much better.

First and second bolded statements are false. If we're quoting people "Desean is like Randy Moss, he can run short routes although its not his strength, but to clear out the defense he runs long deep routes that stretch the field" this helps his teammates.

So to say he did nothing is false, he didnt produce or exhibit how explosive he is because the defense paid alot of their attention to him, and McNabb didn't take advantage of his other recievers very much.

Just because your team doesnt allow desean to produce because they pay more attention to him doesn't mean he's not good, in fact your defense treats Desean as a #1, whereas Philly didn't treat Austin as a #1 (mostly, i can't say i know because i didn't watch all of it).

Dallas can't matchup against the giants, the giants cant matchup against the eagles, and the eagles cant matchup against the cowboys.

To say that sheldon and samuels are overrated is perspective, they aren't elite, but they are pro bowl caliber, Sheldon brown's work has gone highly unnoticed throughout the league, Samuels would be the one that id say is overrated because he gets picks, but he is a game changer and one of the best at what he does.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-10-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not a #1.

Desean's game is easy to take away if you can take away the guy throwing the ball... McNabb played like horse **** every time we played each other. I don't see what you are having trouble understanding here. McNabb's accuracy sucks and he rarely sees the open receiver. Desean was open plenty of the time in all three games, and had ya'll beat deep quite a few and McNabb just missed him.

IMO Romo is a much better quarterback because he doesn't constantly throw the ball into the dirt. So compare numbers all you want, the skill of the quarterbacks is a big factor here.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Iggles fans out in force.