Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

View Poll Results: Who ya got?
Baltimore Ravens 8 44.44%
Green Bay Packers 10 55.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 13: Baltimore @ Green Bay

The Ravens head up to Green Bay for their final (barring any flex-scheduling) prime-time game of the regular season. Should be a great game, hopefully Suggs comes back for this one. We could really use him against a weaker GB offensive line. Who we match up on their receivers will be interesting as well. Jennings is having a down year, but I could see him impacting this game. However, I think I would put Foxworth on him and let Webb cover Driver. Our best corner vs. their best receiver :D.

I have a feeling there will be a lot of those too.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:16 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a game this close I'll take the home team...

Green bay 28
Baltimore 24

I think they'll be able to throw the ball on us with relative ease, because even though they have a horendous OL our pass rush is worse! Offensively I think we can do some things but will it be enough?

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Green Bay's D has been unbelievably good this year. They're better than their record shows, 2 of their losses have been to Brett and Co. It'll be a really tough game. Pass rush is key.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, getting to Rogers will be key. I hope Suggs will play. I'm kinda worried about the same things ERU is. Our defense is probably going to get torn apart by Rogers, the key is, can our offense, keep up? I hope we bring out the 3 headed monster and wear down on their defense.

Thus far, our defense has played their best football all season, I think they were a top 5 defense in November and if they can keep it up against GB, I say we win. Physical teams >>> Finesse teams.

edit- just read on Baltimore Ravens.com

Marshall Yanda and Lardarius Webb are now "officially" full time starters. I love both these changes. Moving Yanda up probably means we are going back to the run game more and Webb starting is just a must. The guy is just a great overall player.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IDK if they will really pass on us, Manning was able to only score 17 points, Rogers is good but he is no manning.

and if we can get pressure that will be good, but our system just sucks plain and simple. We cant sack a 3rd string QB once w/ a so-so o-line, I Doubt we get to Rogers a lot.

I see 28-17 Ravens
Old 12-03-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
IDK if they will really pass on us, Manning was able to only score 17 points, Rogers is good but he is no manning.

and if we can get pressure that will be good, but our system just sucks plain and simple. We cant sack a 3rd string QB once w/ a so-so o-line, I Doubt we get to Rogers a lot.

I see 28-17 Ravens
Yes Rogers may not be Manning but.....

Greg Jennings > Austin Collie
James Jones or Jordy Nelson > Pierre Garcon

And now you have to look at it like this....

Webb on Jennings good matchup
Foxworth on Driver Not so good
Carr on Nelson awful mismatch
Walker on Jones awful mismatch

Btw I may be goin to this game now, if this comes through its a dream come true, always wanted to go to Lambeau!!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 12-03-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure if I agree that Jones, and especially Nelson, are better than Garcon but I see the point you're trying to make. Honestly I think the Colts receivers are a lot better than Green Bay's, as is their QB, but GB's might have skill sets that match up better with our secondary. It will be an intersting game for sure, and good luck with going to GB! (I'm hearing that it will be sub 32 F and a chance of snow, that would be great!).
Old 12-03-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear Ravens,

Please beat the Packers this week.

yours truly,
Vikes_29

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I see this as a 30-17 victory for the Packers. No slight to the Ravens because I want them to lose and they're ahead of the Steelers, but just how I personally see it.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Personally, I see this as a 30-17 victory for the Packers. No slight to the Ravens because I want them to lose and they're ahead of the Steelers, but just how I personally see it.
You have us losing by what would be the biggest margin all year to a team that is easily the worst out of all the teams we've lost to (no slight to GB, but they aren't better than MIN, NE, IND, or CIN)? I guess the bold part sums it up though...
Old 12-03-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess the bolded part is how I feel as well. You caught me. haha. I have AR and Rice on my fantasy team so I hope they put up huge numbers.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Ravens 27
Packers 20

I think we're a better team.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I guess the bolded part is how I feel as well. You caught me. haha. I have AR and Rice on my fantasy team so I hope they put up huge numbers.
I think you've got a safe bet in both lol. Isn't Rodgers the top fantasy QB this year (in my league he is, but scoring rules are a bit different).
Old 12-04-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

YOURS TRULY IS GOING TO THE GAME!!!!!

Leaving sunday morning driving out and coming back tuesday morning, AWESOME!!!!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 12-04-2009, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow that must be a long drive, have fun. I always love going to away games but this year I couldnt make it
Old 12-04-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

15 hours 7 hours shorter than the drive to Dallas I made last year for the final game at Texas Stadium!!!! Lets hope for a similar outcome to this game!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 12-04-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

ya I give you props 4 going to the dallas game, I still cant believe we kicked there ass that game.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Because the Cowgirls suck in December. But ERU, why didn't you take a plane? More exciting to drive, or what?
Old 12-04-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
YOURS TRULY IS GOING TO THE GAME!!!!!

Leaving sunday morning driving out and coming back tuesday morning, AWESOME!!!!!
Thats awesome dude!!
Old 12-05-2009, 01:26 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Because the Cowgirls suck in December. But ERU, why didn't you take a plane? More exciting to drive, or what?
1. We planned this trip on Thursday so to fly would have almost doubled the price of the trip.

2. I absolutely hate to fly.

3. Roadtrips dominate everything!!! We're stoppin through Chicago and Notre Dame on the way back, can't do that with Southwest.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 12-07-2009, 02:11 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
In a game this close I'll take the home team...

Green bay 28
Baltimore 24

I think they'll be able to throw the ball on us with relative ease, because even though they have a horendous OL our pass rush is worse! Offensively I think we can do some things but will it be enough?
Im curious to know how many games you have actually picked us to win in this year.

That said, I agree to an extent. I think Ray Rice and Flacco will have a heyday with that transitioning defense, as long as they steer clear of Woodson when moving the ball, as hes playing out of his mind. I think screens and short patterns will really wreak havoc with those backers still adjusting to 3-4 coverage schemes.

I do think they will be able to pass with ease, but I also expect them to limit Rodgers' ability to move in the pocket, which will dramatically hinder his ability to pass, as hes at his best when hes moving around. It will be interesting to see how much of an impact Suggs's status has on the game as well.

Ill give it to the Ravens by 7, because I think we are the better team, but it wouldnt surprise me to see the Packers take it by 7 either if we cant keep our penalties under control and if Mattison decides not to dial up the blitzes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens 100
Packers 0

You heard it here first
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
That said, I agree to an extent. I think Ray Rice and Flacco will have a heyday with that transitioning defense
Have you seen the Packers D play much? It's no cupcake defense. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it's a good defense that is much improved from the early part of the season.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Have you seen the Packers D play much? It's no cupcake defense. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it's a good defense that is much improved from the early part of the season.
Have you seen Ray Rice play much? He's no cupcake RB. I'm not saying it can't be done, but he's a good RB that is much improved from last season.

I can do it too. Just saying that not many teams can stop Rice and he has proved that all season long. Our defense has been playing better and Ed Reed is dying for a breakout game. I think it is going to be a close one and as usual I say Ravens win by 4 24-20.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've had a bad feeling about this game all week. If we win, its HUGE. We win tonight and all we have to do is beat Chicago, Detroit and Oakland and we're at 10-6! However, if we lose, we must beat Chicago, Detroit, Oakland AND Pittsburgh.

This game is gonna be huge, probably the biggest game of our season, I just hope we win!