Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

View Poll Results: Who ya got?
Baltimore Ravens 8 44.44%
Green Bay Packers 10 55.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tough loss for you guys. I know how you feel. But I cannot help but smile knowing that the Ravens might not go to the playoffs. Joe Flacco ******* sucked this game.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

stop freaking trolling, its one thing when you come in and make productive points which you have done before. but its unecessary to come in and say "I am smiling because you guys might not go to the playoffs"
Old 12-07-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hello Heisman?

Not really but damn Flacco is frustrating to watch sometimes. I just can't trust him to make the big play when he needs to make it. Still, he's a big upgrade over every QB we've ever had.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, I will make a few points.

1) I am surprised that the Packers are the only team that loaded the box and made Flacco beat them. They rattled him and it showed. He didn't have his checkdown buddy tonight and you can see it bothered him.

2) The Ravens played very undisiplined. What was it, 13 penalties? Yikes. I think half of those were ********, though.

3) Where has this Ravens defense go? Yes Mattison is to blame, but the players need to make the plays as well.

4) I would **** myself as a Steeler fan if you somehow landed Dez Bryant and another top flight reciever. But in a way, I think it would be wise to work on the defense.

5) This is not the Steelers' or Ravens' year. Sucks because both of these teams are too talented to be struggling like this.

Good luck the rest of the way untill you lose to the Steelers. :D
Old 12-07-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree w/ what you said, but yes we need to get a pass rush I think its the main fault w/ the D. But a part of it is the players just dont fit. Minnesota doesnt need to be unpredictable because they have freaking Allen,Williams,Williams we dont have that talent.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I think Kruger, Barnes, Johnson, and Suggs could all be good pass rushers in the league. None of them scare me outside of Suggs, but they could be a solid foursome to have. IMO, you need a number 1 reciever and corner on this team. I love Webb, but I do not believe he'll ever be a number one. Walker has got to go.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea but they are not good when they are being telegraphed. They arent a superstar ala Allen that can be unstoppable when the whole world knows where he is coming from. Sexy Rexy was able to mix things up so you had no freaking clue where the blitz was coming from all you know is it was coming. Mattison isnt doing that
Old 12-08-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as it would be nice to have a true #1 like Dez, Ozzie has neglected the glaring need at CB for sometime now. The corners are probably amongst the worst in the league and they've been exposed by some of the better QB's. Rex was able to bring pressure which a lot of times masks the problems at corner. If we could nab a quality, talented CB in the first round, that would go a long way to improve the defense heading into the future.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I dont believe the CBs are not that bad, they can only do so much w/ no pass rush. After the bye week this is the 1st game with over 17 points. Also I feel this year CB corp is a upgrade over last seasons. And I think Foxworth,Washington,Webb in w/e order will be a fine 3some.

I say we get Mattison out of DC he is over his head trying to force a college defense in the NFL. Look at GB they are in there 1st year of a new system they are the #1 D bc you have no clue who is coming from what angle. The jets were 16th D last year now 5th w/ Rexy. Pitt is always top 3 and they have unpredictability. We need that and our secondary will be fine.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

It's funny that you guys hate your defensive cordinator and the Steelers hate their offensive cordinator. How about we invite them to an alley and beat the **** out of them?
Old 12-08-2009, 11:11 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
It's funny that you guys hate your defensive cordinator and the Steelers hate their offensive cordinator. How about we invite them to an alley and beat the **** out of them?
Sorry, but after we finish with the coordinators your next.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

******* Worthless Performance!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Domonique Foxworth - biggest waste of money in franchise history

Chris Carr - 2nd biggest waste of money in franchise history, even at 2.5 million a year.

Frank Walker - Absolute trash, and he struts around as if he's of some value or something. One of the least tolerable players on the team.

Cam Cameron - What the hell was that gameplan last night? Shotgun on 2nd down and goal? We talk about how we wanna establish the run game, and Joe Flacco throws all damn night. Flea Flickers? Play action from the one yard line on 1st and goal? Refusal to use Le'Ron McClain in short yardage situation when all he's ever done is convert them?

Pass Rush - Couldn't get pressure against the worst offensive line in the NFL.

Joe Flacco - WOW. Just WOW. I'm literally in shock at how bad he has played as of late. You would have thought he would have learned after throwing away the Indy game on a horrible INT, but no, he goes and actually makes a worst decision against GB. That throw across his body was god awful and unfuckingacceptable for an NFL QB.

Receivers - If we don't go WR in the first round of next year's draft I think I'll throw my remote through my TV. We've put it off for long enough. It's pathetic to watch when we play good corners and these guys can't get open to save their lives.

WORTHLESS, WORTHLESS, WORTHLESS.

Its been a day and I'm still steaming about how terrible they performed in such a big game. This team has SERIOUS issues right now, and I am SICK AND TIRED of seeing the same BS week after week after week.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I have decided not to go on a rant and be all pissed off and just not care what happens until the draft comes. I honestly believe we will **** up any chance of playoffs we have so I am just looking forward to who we are going to draft.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I dont believe the CBs are not that bad, they can only do so much w/ no pass rush. After the bye week this is the 1st game with over 17 points. Also I feel this year CB corp is a upgrade over last seasons. And I think Foxworth,Washington,Webb in w/e order will be a fine 3some.
They're OK. The thing is there are a lot of very talented WR's in the NFL right now and especially in the AFC. There's nobody on the list I would trust against any top flight WR. Santonio has owned recently. If Ozzie took a talented CB in either the first or second round, I think we could forget about CB as a need for years to come.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

true but I want us to go back to organized chaos(we still have the pieces) and I think the CBs will be fine. last season w/ OC we had the #2 pass defense in the league

Foxworth is better then Rolle
Washington=Washington
Webb is 1 trillion times better then Walker
Carr is on par or better then martin
walker is better then oglesby, oglesby isnt even in the league

I think this years CBs are better then last season. Its just we dont get any pass rush at all its embarassing. Look at GB d how they were unpredictable we probably run the most predictable defense in the NFL
Old 12-08-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
true but I want us to go back to organized chaos(we still have the pieces) and I think the CBs will be fine. last season w/ OC we had the #2 pass defense in the league

Washington=Washington

I think this years CBs are better then last season. Its just we dont get any pass rush at all its embarassing. Look at GB d how they were unpredictable we probably run the most predictable defense in the NFL
Precisely. People are quick to jump on the players, but they really haven't gotten worse than what they were last year. I'm not sure I would say Foxworth is better than Rolle was last year, but it's close. IMO the scheme is really what has killed the team this year, both offensively and defensively.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Washington=Washington

I think this years CBs are better then last season. Its just we dont get any pass rush at all its embarrassing. Look at GB d how they were unpredictable we probably run the most predictable defense in the NFL
I gotta agree with you, Mattison wants to generate a pass rush with the front 4, and when he realized that wasn't going to work, he started putting in blitzes, only problem is, is that it is so obvious.. I remember Manning and Rodgers pointing out pre-snap who was blitzing and where they were coming from. Whenever we blitz, it gets picked up because opposing teams know whos coming. It's painful to watch, we made the Steelers and Packers offensive line look like elite groups.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The search for a franchise QB marches on.....

D Will wide ******* open twice and Flacco misses him both times, unbelievable!! Luckily on the first one D Will had to slow up so much it drew a PI.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post

D Will wide ******* open twice and Flacco misses him both times, unbelievable!! Luckily on the first one D Will had to slow up so much it drew a PI.
are you serious? you stuck by Kyle Boller for 5 seasons and you won't even let Joe Flacco finish his 2nd and you're already calling him out??
Old 12-09-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Yeah calling Flacco out for a bad year with no real weapons around him is kind've ludacris. Put weapons around him like the Bengals did with Carson and the Steelers did with Ben and I think you'll see his numbers sky rocket.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Hound
Rookie

Hound hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post

You are a complete moron and Im tired of reading anything you have to say. I usually just read, don't bother posting. But everything you say makes me want to punch someone in the face. That is all.

D Will and Landry suck despite what you claim.

This O-line is underperforming terribly, they were the most underachieving piece of the offense on Sunday. Yes, Flacco was not good. But as much as he struggled, the o-line struggled far greater. Green Bay dominated the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Fortunately as far as the lines go, I think we got the talent on both sides to dominate. Its just a matter of execution. The Defense needs a pass rusher who can create disruption on a more consistent basis. The scheme definitely needs to disguise blitzes better, and I would hope they put more 3-4 looks along with Hybrid looks.

The whole receiving game of this team needs to be redone. Mason is likely gone after the season, Clayton BETTER be gone. Im sure they will resign Washington and DWill as they will be cheap along with some familiarity. Depending on how free agency and the trade market develops this summer, I would hope to see Ozzie make a play for a big time PROVEN WR. We all know the usual suspects, and I would hope that one of them shows up in purple next season. This play needs to be made regardless as to whether we draft an Arrellious Benn or not.

As for TE, Heap isnt worth his 6.3 mil cap hit anymore (6.7 next season). He would produce about 4 mill in dead money (assuming the CBA gets done) for 2010, so it wouldn't be suprising to see him cut. If the CBA gets done and is similiar to the current one, they could also spread that dead cash over 2 years. Hopefully a Tony Scheffler is on the radar of the Ravens in free agency.

Given the likely departures of Trevor Pryce (6.25), Derrick Mason (4.4) Mark Clayton (3.185) and Frank Walker (2.22), along with the clearing of around 15 MILLION IN DEAD MONEY (McNair, Ogden and McCalister) the Ravens should have plenty of Room to extend Ngata and Gaither along with having some room to be players in free agency.

All in all, I think the Ravens will have an opportunity to have a very interesting and productive offseason.

Wow, really went on a rant there.

Last edited by Hound : 12-09-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Rayray52
Veteran

Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.

LOL ERU...classic....just......classic
Rayray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

My post was in general because I know Raven fans want to get rid of Flacco right now. I think ERU was being sarcastic, although his crush on DWill is kinda scary. :D
Old 12-09-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously its just a statement out of frustration, Jesus Christ I love how Im held to a different standard then everyone else on here.

First off PHUCK YOU HOUND!! Who the **** are you?

Anywho onward.....Obviously its never 1 players fault when you lose a football game but Flacco's monday night game was absolutely awful. D Will was wide open on both the awful throws from Flacco, but you know I love D Will so Im sure everyone will think Im just being homerish on that......now Derrick Mason, who you all know I hate very much and cannot stand, had absolutely burnt the corner on the offensive PI against him, but Flacco "Mr. Strong Arm" has to float every goddam pass he throws. Throw a line drive to him Joe and its a TD.

Basically what Im sayin is I'm not writing off Flacco, but Im just sayin IMO He's not a franchise QB yet, he repeats mistakes which is never good that was Kyle's biggest flaw IMO and now Im seeing the same thing in Flacco. Is Flacco better than Kyle in most aspects of the game, yes better than Kyle ever was or ever will be, but the repetitive mistakes is how a QB becomes a bust real quickly.

We need to get him some weapons absolutely, and I'd like to see a post where I said we have great weapons around Flacco this year.......because it seems like Hound seems to think I think our weapons are fine. Our WR core is one of the worst in the NFL, and you add in butterfinger walking injury Todd Heap it gets even worse.

And in response to dumbass Hound on the whole D Will and Landry sucking thing......
Im assuming you're referring to my sig so......Landry is only on it because I had it made right after that draft class, personally not a huge fan of Landry. D Will on the other hand is the best WR on the team and the only one who seems to get consistently open downfield, however he must have phucked Harbaugh's wife or something because Harbaugh wont put him on the field.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote