Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-02-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Cowboys @ Giants

We're gonna need to have a complete game to beat the NY Gargantuans.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Certainly, anything can happen, but I just think if we don't turn the ball over multiple times, we win this going away.

The Giants have real issues that just can't be fixed in a week. Remember that as bad as the Cowboys were the 2nd week, the Giants offense scored 9 points if you take out the short field they got on turnovers.

If we protect the ball, I think this one looks a lot like the game last year at home. 24-13 or something like that.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of sounds like you're not giving the Giants enough credit for taking the ball out of our hands. But I get your drift. We need to be very mindful of holding onto the ball and I agree. We can't compare this game to the last game at all though. Both teams are very different. I think we win, but can't afford to play the way we played against the Redskins.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, the 3 that come to mind are:

1. Fumble by Felix on kickoff - Don't remember the particulars but you could give the Giants credit for 'forcing' that one.

2. INT that bounces off Witten's leg. Sorry, not giving them credit for that freak play.

3. Possibly Romo's worst decision of the season on the deep ball to Hurd. We just haven't seen that Romo since that game.

Take out those two turnovers and it's a very different game.

I agree 100% that both teams are in very different places. The Giants defesense and offense are struggling much more than they were early in the season. The Cowboys offense has had a couple of hickups (Wash & GB) but in general they are not turning the ball over and the defense is playing much much better than they were early in the year.

Am I confident? Yes, I think we should take this game.

But you're right that anything can happen up there is Jersey and if they don't play disciplined, the Giants could very well steal one.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-02-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I'm semi-confident in a win. This would be the beginning of proving they are going to make this December different from year's past.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:17 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not gonna lie, this game more than any of the remaining games scares me most. I've said it in several other posts...desperate teams scare me. And Gmen are one of them most desperate teams at this point.

With that being said, I believe we should win the game. But we all know the games aren't played on paper, but on the field.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not scared of their running game, but if Eli at his best shows up, we could be in trouble. The way our offense had stalled before the Oakland game scares the crap out of me. We can't beat N.Y. on a single last effort TD if Eli is throwing bombs all day. I hope Dallas tries to run all over this team and control the clock and exploit the fact that Pierce is out.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
I'm not scared of their running game, but if Eli at his best shows up, we could be in trouble. The way our offense had stalled before the Oakland game scares the crap out of me. We can't beat N.Y. on a single last effort TD if Eli is throwing bombs all day. I hope Dallas tries to run all over this team and control the clock and exploit the fact that Pierce is out.
Looks like we're only going into the game with Jacobs and G. Johnson. I have no faith in our running game either. You guys are being very generous and I really think you should have this one in the bag. I see a slim chance we can win but it would suprise me. Just get some good pressure on Eli and you should be fine.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:50 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-Ware isn't practicing cause of a concussion. I haven't kept up with that injury much, anyone care to fill me in?
Old 12-03-2009, 10:35 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been thinking for weeks that this game would be a beatdown for the Cowboys. I'm not so sure that it will be a blowout, but I think the Cowboys get some nice revenge. I think they've got a chip on their shoulder because of how the first game went down, and I don't think they'll play around. The defense now is number two in the league in terms of points allowed, and they play a helluva lot more different than they did the first two weeks of the season. These guys are seriously becoming a big force. The D is really putting in some good work.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know its a divisional game so anything can happen, but seriously, you guys should mop the floor with us.

Michael Johnson is most likely out, making our starting 2 safeties Aaron Rouse and CC Brown.

Bradshaw and Ware are out.

Our oline is a shell of its former self.

Our DTs suck, and our DEs are injured, and theyve been sucking too.

Our MIKE and SAM are serious issues.

I counter your Jason Garrett with Kevin Kill Drive and Bill Sheridan.

The only way we have any chance of winning this game is if Eli carries us. Thats really the only time we've been winning all season outside of a couple of cupcake teams.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You are right BBD about it being a divisional game. Those things can't be taken for granted like the Redskins game. I think the injuries and revenge factor will be the key to this game.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
D-Ware isn't practicing cause of a concussion. I haven't kept up with that injury much, anyone care to fill me in?
That'd be Danny Ware, the Giants RB. Demarcus is fine.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hope you guys don't land Eli on IR.

He has a stress reaction he's been playing with on his foot since Tampa (the Giants have been hiding it), and one big sack can lead to a stress fracture.

All you really have to do is blitz the hell out of him. He's been playing on one foot. And Dallas has always done an excellent job of getting pressure on us.

I doubt our WR core has a similar game to last time.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I doubt our WR core has a similar game to last time.
I think this will be one of the big keys to the game. The first time we played, our secondary was very much in a transition phase.

Since then, Jenkins has become one of the top young corners in the league and Sensy has been really solid. I just think we are much better in coverage than we were early in the year.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-03-2009, 11:20 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I think this will be one of the big keys to the game. The first time we played, our secondary was very much in a transition phase.

Since then, Jenkins has become one of the top young corners in the league and Sensy has been really solid. I just think we are much better in coverage than we were early in the year.
yeah, you guys have definitely patched up your secondary.

Id like for us to get Kevin Boss involved in this game, bc i think he can exploit your coverages a little, but we don't really use the TE. so its a moot point.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
You are right BBD about it being a divisional game. Those things can't be taken for granted like the Redskins game. I think the injuries and revenge factor will be the key to this game.
you guys more than ever should be able to run on our front. all you really have to do is pound us into submission.

im serious when i say that the Redskins have been far more impressive the past 3 weeks than the Giants have.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

BBD, one thing I found interesting is that Michael Lombardi was on the radio here in Dallas this week and he talked about how slow and unathletic the Giants front 7 has become. Seems strange to think that front 7 would be in that shape but injuries have really taken a toll.

Also, bloggingtheboys.com had an interesting point on this December issue. Sure, the boys have struggled. IT's well documented. However, I think far too much is made of it, especially when you go back more than 2 or 3 years. But here's an interesting comparison they made with the Giants:

Cowboys Giants
2006 2-3 2-3
2007 2-2 3-2
2008 1-3 1-3

Of course, no one talks about the Giants struggling in December. :)

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-03-2009, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of course, no one talks about the Giants struggling in December. :)
A Super Bowl win tends to skewer things.

Dallas wins big. I'll say 31-13.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

NO doubt that Giants got hot at the right time. That's why I think there been too much made of the December thing.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-03-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our team has issues. I would love for us to fire dumb and dumber, especially the "dumber" part of the equation. I like Coughlin, but enough with the first year coordinators. We hit with Spags because we went after a guy who coached the secondary & LBs in an aggressive system, but overall I am not a fan of giving first year coaches a shot especially if you play in a big market.

Oh, and you guys will win big!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Some interesting stuff from Bob Sturm's blog:

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/

OK. I have written all of that. I don't want what I am about to write change what what lies above the line. But, in researching these numbers, I couldn't help but notice this: Eli Manning's 1 hot month in Jan 2008 erases worse issues about finishing the season. I said once upon a time, "They have Eli, we have Romo - give me Romo", and I stand behind it. But, the ring is the thing. Eli has one, Tony does not. Eli has a lifetime exemption when it comes to scoreboard, Tony does not.

Take a look.

Win-Loss Record by Month between Romo and Eli:

Win-Loss Romo Manning
Sept 9-2 11-5
Oct 6-3 16-4
Nov 15-2 10-12
Dec 5-8 11-13

HTML Tables

Not one bad month for Eli, but two. And let's remember that the Giants are 9-8 in the post-Plaxico era (9-9 if we count the home playoff loss to Philadelphia).

QB Rating by Month:

QB Rating Romo Manning
Sept 100.3 91.0
Oct 93.0 81.8
Nov 111.0 73.2
Dec 71.9 68.6

HTML Tables

Yes, even in Romo's train wreck December, he is still exceeding Eli.

TD/INT Ratio by Month:

TD/INT Ratio Romo Manning
Sept +13 +15
Oct +8 +14
Nov +29 E
Dec -5 +1

Really, there's only one measurable that you can concievably say that Eli is a better QB than Romo - that Jan 08 run.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-03-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Some interesting stuff from Bob Sturm's blog:

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/

OK. I have written all of that. I don't want what I am about to write change what what lies above the line. But, in researching these numbers, I couldn't help but notice this: Eli Manning's 1 hot month in Jan 2008 erases worse issues about finishing the season. I said once upon a time, "They have Eli, we have Romo - give me Romo", and I stand behind it. But, the ring is the thing. Eli has one, Tony does not. Eli has a lifetime exemption when it comes to scoreboard, Tony does not.

Take a look.

Win-Loss Record by Month between Romo and Eli:

Win-Loss Romo Manning
Sept 9-2 11-5
Oct 6-3 16-4
Nov 15-2 10-12
Dec 5-8 11-13

HTML Tables

Not one bad month for Eli, but two. And let's remember that the Giants are 9-8 in the post-Plaxico era (9-9 if we count the home playoff loss to Philadelphia).

QB Rating by Month:

QB Rating Romo Manning
Sept 100.3 91.0
Oct 93.0 81.8
Nov 111.0 73.2
Dec 71.9 68.6

HTML Tables

Yes, even in Romo's train wreck December, he is still exceeding Eli.

TD/INT Ratio by Month:

TD/INT Ratio Romo Manning
Sept +13 +15
Oct +8 +14
Nov +29 E
Dec -5 +1

Really, there's only one measurable that you can concievably say that Eli is a better QB than Romo - that Jan 08 run.
Stats like that mean nothing.. And that's if it was pro Eli or Anti Eli. Stats in general are overused. Those stats don't take into consideration both schemes and the plus and minuses of those schemes that each QB plays in. From day 1, we managed to screw up Eli's development. Hell in our team, on both sides, of the ball it's musical coordinators and coaches. Coughlin has stayed the same but those under him have moved. Just watch the games, and take into account the system each player plays in, and make an evaluation there. I'd take Eli any day, but I'd take you're system any day. Hell, give us Garrett over Kildrive! Now Gilbride has done some good things, but from day 1 we messed up the coaches under Coughlin.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Well, I would agree that stats alone can be misleading.

But the ultimate stat is W's. And frankly, if you take out the one January that Eli got hot (with the help of a hellacious pass rush), Romo is more of a winner than Eli.

Granted, you can't just 'take out' that Jan. It counts, big time. I'm not necessarily knocking Eli as much as I'm saying that Romo has gotten way too much blame for the Cowboy failures.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-03-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They play spirited but their D really sucks right now and THIS TIME we don't let them off the hook...

Cowboys 35
Giants 24
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote