Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-03-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
BBD, one thing I found interesting is that Michael Lombardi was on the radio here in Dallas this week and he talked about how slow and unathletic the Giants front 7 has become. Seems strange to think that front 7 would be in that shape but injuries have really taken a toll.

Also, bloggingtheboys.com had an interesting point on this December issue. Sure, the boys have struggled. IT's well documented. However, I think far too much is made of it, especially when you go back more than 2 or 3 years. But here's an interesting comparison they made with the Giants:

Cowboys Giants
2006 2-3 2-3
2007 2-2 3-2
2008 1-3 1-3

Of course, no one talks about the Giants struggling in December. :)
Lombardi is correct. Our front 7 is slow.

Outside of Michael Boley, nobody is playing fast in the front 7. Osi is hampered, Tuck is hampered, our DTs suck, and the one guy who is good is still not fully there (Canty), Our MIKE's are all slow, our SAM position is slow (we haven't started Sintim yet).

So our edge speed is lacking on the line, and 2 of our LBs are very slow.

But speed isn't really the issue to me. Its strength. The lack of strength in our DT duo and MIKE/SAM is the problem.

Starting Sintim would fix our SAM position. He is already lightyears better than Clark but Coughlin just hates playing rookies. And with AP out and communication being a serious issue this year on defense, he's even more hesitant to start a rookie.

The Giants have never been a great December team either. The Eagles are the best December team in the East.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Given how down the Giants fans are on their own team, it will be mighty embarrasing to lose to them.

Man, they really know how to set themselves up to feel good. Lose and they expected it. Win and not only are they happy as hell, but they get to bash us all the more. LOL. If Dallas wins, Dallas fans can't get too happy about it. But if we lose, Oh boy... we'll have mud on our faces. How do you like that? :/

At least Redskins fans think they'll win even though they really are crap. haha. You can feel good about beating them because they thought they were gonna win. LOL. So funny.

Philly fans are just arrogant... win or lose. They think that they will win all the time. If they lose, well they should've won if not for blah blah blah. Blame the refs. Blame the coach. Blame injuries. Blame the sun for shining. Their players are the best!

Last edited by D-Unit : 12-03-2009 at 05:48 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think even if you lose, we have nothing to say honestly.

Its not like we'll become 1st in the division with a win. All it means is that we live to fight another week.

Now if we won in the playoffs, then sure. Thats when it counts.

Its the reason why we had bragging rights over Dallas 2 years ago. Its why Philly had bragging rights over us last year.

Rubbing in a regular season win when youre chasing a team makes no sense.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, I would agree that stats alone can be misleading.

But the ultimate stat is W's. And frankly, if you take out the one January that Eli got hot (with the help of a hellacious pass rush), Romo is more of a winner than Eli.

Granted, you can't just 'take out' that Jan. It counts, big time. I'm not necessarily knocking Eli as much as I'm saying that Romo has gotten way too much blame for the Cowboy failures.
Maybe, but I am not happy with the way we developed Eli. Romo sat and got the playbook and system down for couple years. Eli had probably the worst coordinator ever and now is out of the NFL, in the Canadian league, lol. Gilbride isn't that much better. He has done some good things, and Eli has played and gotten better under him, but still, we could do better. Now, it's going to be hard to win with our defense, which by the way has it's 3rd DC in 5 years. If Sheridan keeps this up, we may have # 4!

So football is a team game, and both Qbs have good qualities and bad ones, I am more frustrated with how we developed him. He was off to a sick season, but now this injury is screwing things up. People said our WRs this year would be the biggest concern, right now that's the farthest thing wrong with this team now.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm worried about this game for some reason, you might as well throw out all the stats, or how bad they are playing, same goes for Washington. If you guys don't think the Giants will be amped up to play us at home your fooling yourself, sometimes that's not enough to win but I just can't see us cruising to a win.

It'll be a dog fight and be close in the 4th then maybe we pull away, but with how desperate they are I can easily see them taking this game in a close one, no matter how many injuries they have. I don't trust Garrett yet to scheme up a winning gameplan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I'm worried about this game for some reason, you might as well throw out all the stats, or how bad they are playing, same goes for Washington. If you guys don't think the Giants will be amped up to play us at home your fooling yourself, sometimes that's not enough to win but I just can't see us cruising to a win.

It'll be a dog fight and be close in the 4th then maybe we pull away, but with how desperate they are I can easily see them taking this game in a close one, no matter how many injuries they have. I don't trust Garrett yet to scheme up a winning gameplan.
Quoted for truth right there. Garrett will be the demise to the Cowboys. Cowboys may get to the playoffs... but please... they'll fail once again. I just hope they at least win a game.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BBD, one thing I found interesting is that Michael Lombardi was on the radio here in Dallas this week and he talked about how slow and unathletic the Giants front 7 has become. Seems strange to think that front 7 would be in that shape but injuries have really taken a toll.

Also, bloggingtheboys.com had an interesting point on this December issue. Sure, the boys have struggled. IT's well documented. However, I think far too much is made of it, especially when you go back more than 2 or 3 years. But here's an interesting comparison they made with the Giants:

Cowboys Giants
2006 2-3 2-3
2007 2-2 3-2
2008 1-3 1-3

Of course, no one talks about the Giants struggling in December. :)
Part of our December struggles have been weather related. I'd say almost all of them have been. Where as yours have been more of just dissapearing in general. Also last year we really didn't have to play in December after an 11-1 start. We still locked up the number one seed.

That being said. We lose on Sunday.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 12-03-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Part of our December struggles have been weather related. I'd say almost all of them have been. Where as yours have been more of just dissapearing in general. Also last year we really didn't have to play in December after an 11-1 start. We still locked up the number one seed.

That being said. We lose on Sunday.
I won't do it ever again for Curb purposes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:35 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Quoted for truth right there. Garrett will be the demise to the Cowboys. Cowboys may get to the playoffs... but please... they'll fail once again. I just hope they at least win a game.
I'll take JG any day! In fact we can take him off your hands and you can take our boy Kil.. err.. Gilbride.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think JG has had some problems and has had a learning curve, but overall, I think the criticism has been too much.

He has made some mistakes; no doubt.

But his offenses put up yardage. That's really all you can do is ask your OC to put the players in position to pick up yardage. Then it comes down to execution. It's up to the players to execute. I think JG, for the most part, has called the same plays in wins and losses. The difference is when the guys execute, it works. When they don't execute, he's an idiot.

I mean if RW doesn't make the two horrible plays in GB that took points off the board and Dallas has a good chance to win that game, how is that a negative reflection on JG?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I mean if RW doesn't make the two horrible plays in GB that took points off the board and Dallas has a good chance to win that game, how is that a negative reflection on JG?
The amount of times we ran the ball that game was unexcusable, especially considering it was mostly a 1 score game, and Barber started the game really well. You can't ignore that fact, if he thinks that everytime were down 3 or 7 points we have to spread it out and pass all game it'll ruin us eventually. The defense pins it's ears back and comes after us, it makes us more predictable, and more prone for more mistakes.

Yes the yardage is there but we pass so much it's not surprising especially with our weapons. Things like that are why I don't trust him, it made no sense to start airing it out the way we did, I think Thule said it best, he has a set gameplan and he doesn't really make adjustments mid game. We'll try to pass our way back to where he wants to be then pick back up the gameplan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:24 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I think JG has had some problems and has had a learning curve, but overall, I think the criticism has been too much.

But his offenses put up yardage. That's really all you can do is ask your OC to put the players in position to pick up yardage. Then it comes down to execution. It's up to the players to execute. I think JG, for the most part, has called the same plays in wins and losses. The difference is when the guys execute, it works. When they don't execute, he's an idiot.

When there are a lot of better options out there why do we have to put up with him? He doesn't get the most out of this offense. Sure, you feel good coming off the Oakland win. That's the thing... every time we play a bad team and do good, back come the Garrett supporters. It's frustrating. He's proven time and time again that he is inadequate. Why do we have to live through his development and growing pains? How bout we bring him back 10 years from now? We're a power running team, but we don't run. He's terrible at making in game adjustments. His game calling is predictable. He's a joke.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:

I agree! You guys like Romo and what he brings to the table, and the same time you throw JG under the bus? How does that work? JG is a good innovative coordinator. Doesn't mean he is perfect but he could be in a worse system. Put him in a running system like we had in prior years and his # s won't be as good as they are now in your passing system.

I've seen some of the plays first hand that JG creates and a lot of them are damn good.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
I agree! You guys like Romo and what he brings to the table, and the same time you throw JG under the bus? How does that work? JG is a good innovative coordinator. Doesn't mean he is perfect but he could be in a worse system. Put him in a running system like we had in prior years and his # s won't be as good as they are now in your passing system.

I've seen some of the plays first hand that JG creates and a lot of them are damn good.
Ginger steals plays, tinkers with it a little bit and then wants to call them his own. Then he makes our team try them out to see if they work. Bad execution is then blamed on the players. Gee wiz.

If being a good OC was just making up plays that would be one thing. But Ginger fails in coaching...and everything that that word encompasses. Teaching, developing, putting guys in position to succeed, making the best use out of your team's strengths, ability to make adjustments, calling the right plays at the right time, getting respect (from players and foes), motivating, leading... he just plain sucks in all of that.

Like I said... I think he'll be a great OC one day, but I'm not ready to let the Cowboys be the guinea pigs for his own development as an OC. I fear the day that he becomes the HC. It makes me cringe.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Ginger steals plays, tinkers with it a little bit and then wants to call them his own. Then he makes our team try them out to see if they work. Bad execution is then blamed on the players. Gee wiz.

If being a good OC was just making up plays that would be one thing. But Ginger fails in coaching...and everything that that word encompasses. Teaching, developing, putting guys in position to succeed, making the best use out of your team's strengths, ability to make adjustments, calling the right plays at the right time, getting respect (from players and foes), motivating, leading... he just plain sucks in all of that.

Like I said... I think he'll be a great OC one day, but I'm not ready to let the Cowboys be the guinea pigs for his own development as an OC. I fear the day that he becomes the HC. It makes me cringe.
Every coach takes plays from other coaches, his past or what not. That's part of the industry, it happens. Hell, when i coached this him and others this summer, I got a booklet of plays, and if I coach college or decide i want to coach HS, I am going to use those plays. That's part of the industry. Plays are not copyrighted by any means.

If the play isn't executed correctly, who do you want to blamed? Him? Should he put the uniform on and show them? That makes no sense in my opinion. He designs, borrows, steals, the play and implements it. Then it's up to the players to follow through and execute it.

As an OC you're more of a management role of that side of the ball. Yeah you can go over stuff with the players, but the stuff you are going on about falls on the position coaches. That's why they are part of the staff and that's why they get paid. If he sucked at those attributes you mentioned, you would not be 8-3. I am not saying he is perfect, not then again no coach is. His system works, and basically is a good fit for Romo. Miles has developed very well under this system now too.

I actually can't wait until he becomes HC. In fact I am counting on it if I want to get my foot into this industry.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garrett has been horrible again this year...B+M=Banning, I know you have a little bit of a biased opinion on him, nothing wrong with that at all. But we've all seen it first hand, over and over again. If someone takes him off our hands this off-season, the vast majority of us will be a lot happier. It's not just us, Garrett bashing is done league wide. I really wish Reeves would have come on board, to basically "baby sit" him because, Garrett is still in need of some tutelage.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Garrett has been horrible again this year...B+M=Banning, I know you have a little bit of a biased opinion on him, nothing wrong with that at all. But we've all seen it first hand, over and over again. If someone takes him off our hands this off-season, the vast majority of us will be a lot happier. It's not just us, Garrett bashing is done league wide. I really wish Reeves would have come on board, to basically "baby sit" him because, Garrett is still in need of some tutelage.
True, very true, but I also know the inner works of this industry. And I know fans are prone to big time over estimations of coach's duties and responsibilties. This goes for all football fans at all levels. Same stuff I tell our fans as well.

But all I am saying he isn't nearly as bad as you guys are making him out to be. You have players thriving in his system and now that system AND the coaches are developing Miles, who very well could turn into a stud. I know Bennett as well is progressing overall.

I would take JG any day of Gilbride and our previous fool Hufangel! Perhaps you guys should have Gilbride for a year and then see how much you miss JG AND to realize that ALL coaches at ALL levels have good things going for them and flaws which need work. My point is you guys aren't nearly in bad shape as you guys claim. Christ take our situation in our division. Take Gilbride or in the past Hufangel. Maybe Andy Reid throwing 128321938921389121319 a game. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. But saying JG is not a good coach is alittle extreme in my opinion.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When there are a lot of better options out there why do we have to put up with him? He doesn't get the most out of this offense. Sure, you feel good coming off the Oakland win. That's the thing... every time we play a bad team and do good, back come the Garrett supporters. It's frustrating. He's proven time and time again that he is inadequate. Why do we have to live through his development and growing pains? How bout we bring him back 10 years from now? We're a power running team, but we don't run. He's terrible at making in game adjustments. His game calling is predictable. He's a joke.
What better options?

I was critical of him because of the GB game, but you can't expect everyone to have a good game all the time. I think he wishes he could have some of that back. I think the GB game is a very cheap second guess because they only ran something like 9 plays in the whole 3rd quarter. Sometimes the opposing DC has a good day, too. :)

I completely disagree that he 'has proven time and again that he is inadequate'.

And we are not a power running team. Just because we have a big OL and one big RB does not mean we are a power running team. I posted the numbers from an article on bloggingtheboys.com from earlier in the year and it proves that this team does not run 'power' running plays well. The stats don't lie.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2009/...ew-this-is-not

This is a counter and draw running game, not an iso/off tackle running game.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-04-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

And let me add, the one thing I have been highly critical of JG is too much shot gun. But if you look around the league, he's not the only one doing this.

I read somewhere that the Cowboys average something rediculous like 8 yards a play when Romo is under center!!! It seems like if we have anything with 2nd and 7 or more and anything on 3rd, is automatically shotgun. Now that I think is crazy.

But again, this appears to be a league issue.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-04-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saying you'd take him over Gilbride isnt exactly a glowing endorsement. haha. Garrett legitimately hurts our team throughout games. His red zone and goal line play calling is horrendous. 1st and goal on the one yard line. Let's pass three times in a row, despite having Marion Barber back there. Oh and while we're passing, lets not even have both TEs go out. We should be a fantastic red zone team and goal line team and yet, we're not. Barber and the TEs are secondary for whatever reason. He tries to get way too cute and his pass first mentality makes him awfully predictable. He really does become obsessed with the passing game.

He's even admitted to forgetting about Felix Jones in games. He doesnt know how to use the talent he has. We have three backs who all average 5 yards per carry but, the passing game will always be numero uno, despite match up. There is no reason why Dallas shouldnt be one of the best running teams in the nfl. NFL match up also had a nice little piece on Garrett's failure to adjust his play calling to the blitz as well. Romo is the most heavily blitzed QB in the league. He is getting hit more than ever and there is always a man free coming right at him and this is almost a constant. And forget about any mass protections...we have to have 4 guys going out all times running deep routes. And Garrett never holds himself accountable for anything. He's normally no where to be found after one of his head scratcher play calling days. As has been noted by the Dallas Morning News. Garrett def. has some good ideas but, we can do a helluva lot better, I def. feel we put up good yardage despite having Garrett...he has cost us many a game before and he will again. It's hard to trust him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-04-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

I have been critical of him throwing a little too much at times and he clearly did make a mistake on that goal line scenario. But again, almost every team in the league is having this same discussion.

You still can't ignore the fact that this team moves the ball really well on the whole.

Quote:
We have three backs who all average 5 yards per carry but, the passing game will always be numero uno, despite match up. There is no reason why Dallas shouldnt be one of the best running teams in the nfl.
They are! We are #6 in the league in rushing.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-04-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just to jump in on this conversation. Another stat that is killer and points right at the OC is.

Quote:
The Cowboys are among four NFL teams that have not scored a touchdown on their first possessions this season. Cleveland, Kansas City and San Francisco -- a combined 9-24 -- are the other slow-starting teams.

For the season, Kansas City and the Cowboys are tied for the fewest points on the first possessions. In 11 games, each teams' opening drive has resulted in a total of three points. New Orleans leads the league with 41 points in its 11 first possessions.

The Cowboys got their opening-possession points in the season opener at Tampa Bay. In 10 games since then, the Cowboys opening possessions have ended with eight punts and two missed field goals.
I'm sorry but you can usually script a first drive. No excuse to not have a single TD. We are in the same league as teams where we have 5x as much talent on the offensive side of the ball. JG is young and head strong. He could use humbling.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I feel like this team moves the ball on offense despite Garrett. I feel like he is handcuffing the talent and not utilizing them best. Stats paint pictures of the past. Not of what could've been.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have been critical of him throwing a little too much at times and he clearly did make a mistake on that goal line scenario. But again, almost every team in the league is having this same discussion.

You still can't ignore the fact that this team moves the ball really well on the whole.

They are! We are #6 in the league in rushing.
Yet we are 19th in attemts!

Your stat about not being a power rushing team I think holds little weight. We are first in the league in 1st down % rushing...

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yes, but guess what? We're 20th in rushing attempts. Common sense, if the running game is working, you stick with it. Garrett abandons it the first chance he gets. I've said before, the actual plays themselves arent the problem, most of the time. Garrett is freaking pass happy and a beyond awful play caller in red zone and especially, goal line situations. It doesnt take a genius...he's too smart for his own good, he tries to get too cute all the time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS