Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best overall LB right now?

It's between Patrick Willis & David Harris (homer???) right now. In My Opinion.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd probably say Patrick Willis, but it is so tough to compare different LBs in different systems. I think Ray Lewis is still playing at an extremely high level as well.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I'd probably say Patrick Willis, but it is so tough to compare different LBs in different systems. I think Ray Lewis is still playing at an extremely high level as well.
Yea, about Ray Ray. That hit on Garcon was sick.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OLB-DeMarcus Ware

ILB-Patrick Willis
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
OLB-DeMarcus Ware

ILB-Patrick Willis
Hard to argue with this.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4-3 OLB: Keith Bulluck, Tennessee

4-3 ILB: Jon Beason, Carolina

3-4 OLB: DeMarcus Ware, Dallas

3-4 ILB: Patrick Willis, San Francisco

Up-And-Comer: OLB Brian Cushing, Texans

MIKE was kind of hard, but I'm a big Beason fan so I went with him.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Bullock gets a mention then so should Lance Briggs, lol. Not his fault the rest of the team can't pull their **** together....
Old 12-05-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
If Bullock gets a mention then so should Lance Briggs, lol. Not his fault the rest of the team can't pull their **** together....
*Bulluck ;)

Briggs was the other guy I was figuring. Really couldn't go wrong with either one as they're the premier guys at their position and have been for years.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 12-05-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's ridiculous how many nasty, young ILB's there are in the league right now.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Willis and it isn't close. For me at least.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

P-Willie. He is a young Ray Lewis.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patrick Willis

and

Ray Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An argument could be made for Willis, Harris, or Lewis in my opinion. Jon Beason is probably at the top of the next tier.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd probably go with Ray Lewis #1, but Patrick Willis is very close. I just think Lewis is unparalleled in terms of the leadership he brings to a team and the amount of preparation he does - it's almost like what a quarterback would do. DeMarcus Ware would be my third choice - he's having a down year but still has 8 sacks on the year. I'd be surprised if he finished in single digits.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patrick Willis is definitely numero uno for me.

Clay Matthews is no where close to being the best but if we're mentioning Cushing as an up and comer then I wanna throw Matthews out there to satisfy the homer in me. He's played extremely well this year and gets better every week. His tackles aren't up there with the leaders but he has 5 sacks, 1 FF that was returned for a TD, and 3 recoveries. I think the strip and score on Peterson put him on the map for a lot of people.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patrick Willis, Jon Beason, D'Qwell Jackson if I was starting a team today.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Patrick Willis, Jon Beason, D'Qwell Jackson if I was starting a team today.
Why D'Qwell Jackson of all people?

Old 12-05-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does ray ray still think tackling sproles to end a game was one of the best plays of his entire ridiculous career?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So hard to pick just one... top 4 though are definitely DJ Williams, Elvis Dumervil, Andra Davis, and Mario Haggan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
So hard to pick just one... top 4 though are definitely DJ Williams, Elvis Dumervil, Andra Davis, and Mario Haggan.
But in all seriousness, if people are talking about Dumervil being worth a 1st and 3rd plus a new huge contract, where does he rank amongst 3-4 OLBs these days?

Old 12-05-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i can not believe that no one has said Harrison......defensive player of the year

OLB - Harrison

ILB - Willis

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
But in all seriousness, if people are talking about Dumervil being worth a 1st and 3rd plus a new huge contract, where does he rank amongst 3-4 OLBs these days?
Other than Demarcus Ware and James Harrison I can't think of anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why D'Qwell Jackson of all people?
Because he's a stud LB.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Because he's a stud LB.
Debatable. I think he's the beneficiary of a poor defensive line.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Debatable. I think he's the beneficiary of a poor defensive line.
It's not like Shaun Cody, Corey Williams, and Robaire Smith are scrubs. Jackson was playing extremely well before he went down with an injury. One of the lone bright spots on the Browns.

But is he on the level of Willis, Lewis, or Harris? I don't think so, but it's not like that's an insult either.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.