Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-10-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm considering applying for MECEP(The Marine Corp's Enlisted to Officer program) myself. They pay for all 4 years of my school while paying me my full salary and benefits.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I'm considering applying for MECEP(The Marine Corp's Enlisted to Officer program) myself. They pay for all 4 years of my school while paying me my full salary and benefits.
You should do it. I don't know if you're trying to make it a career or not but if you are then you should definitely do it.
Some words I took to heart that someone in the Navy told me-
"If you're going to do 20 and you do it all enlisted then you're an idiot"
Simple enough. The pay is so much more on the Gold side.
MECEP sounds better anyways- they pay for everything.
I get 10K and all my benifits stripped. That ******* blows.

CJ- The PSU LT sounds like a hands off type of guy. Like he understands its only ******* college. UNM guy sounds more strict and by the book but he's prior enlisted and still seems like he'll be aight to be around. The AZ guy just made me punch him in the face though. He's the exact type that you described.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I realize there is more money to be an officer but I really like the hands on leadership you get as a Staff Non-Commisioned Officer. Officers are feared while a good SNCO is respected.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I understand that. More hands on "Deckplate Leaders" is what we call them in the Navy.
The reason why I did it though was bc officers generally control moral and all the decisions.
I've been under enough horrible leadership that I wanted to one day be that leadership so I can change ****.
Also, at the end of the day- I have to look out for my family- in their eyes- this is a promotion and a pay raise. That can't me overlooked in times like this.

No one in my fam has a college degree either. In 3 years... that won't be so anymore.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Yea, I understand that. More hands on "Deckplate Leaders" is what we call them in the Navy.
Lead from the front.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Penn State it is... anyone attend?
I've started looking for appartments and townhouses....
any place you guys recommend?

Old 12-18-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone I know who went to Penn State LOVES it. I don't think you could go wrong there.

EDIT: Didn't see that you'd already picked it, I only read the original post. Awesome choice dude!
Old 12-18-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Yea, I met a couple people who attended PSU and all them went nuts when I asked about the school.
Seemed like they truly loved it and missed it and treated me like I was joining their family lol

Old 12-18-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Everyone I know who went to Penn State LOVES it. I don't think you could go wrong there.

EDIT: Didn't see that you'd already picked it, I only read the original post. Awesome choice dude!
We went down there to visit their chapter of our frat for their "beach party" and it was nuts. They literally had tons of sand brought in to fill up the basement and got sponsored by red bull. That said I'm surprised I was able to drive back that sunday since I got an hour and 15 minutes of sleep for the weekend and those precious minutes where spent sitting in a metal chair by a power outlet while my phone charged. Still came out of the adventure with two cases of red bull, a case of beast and way too much work to make up.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you are married and have a kid, Penn State is a no go. Awesome environment for a college student, but it is literally in the middle of nowehere and University Park is just crawling with drunk college students. I was thinking about going there, but I ddidnt want to move so far from a major city.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Question!

I've read a lil bit on this site about people bitching about Comcast (?) cable
...is that what's available at College Station, PA?
Either way- I've only read negative things about it on this site- from you guys!

So... if Comcast sucks... what do you guys recommend instead? Help me out!

Old 02-10-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Directv. Then you get NFL network

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Directv. Then you get NFL network
NFL Network is included with Comcast for me.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The second I saw that you had PSU listed, I would have told you to go there. But then I saw that you're married and have a son, so maybe the #1 party school in the US is not for you.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
NFL Network is included with Comcast for me.
how do u like it?

Old 02-10-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

University of Wisconsin. Madison is such a cool city. Great school too.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
how do u like it?
Comcast is fine for me.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just graduated from Penn State last year and had my son in the middle of my senior year so if you have any questions about the place feel free to hit me up. I had comcast for two years while i was there and i never really had any problems with it. The alternatives there are terrible unless you want to pay out the ass for directv or something like that. I know a few people that had the other local provider (can't remember the name...) and they bitched about it constantly.

also its University Park, PA or State College, PA not College Station, PA

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Comcast is ok. Mine comes with NFLN as well, but it is a little pricey.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
i just graduated from Penn State last year and had my son in the middle of my senior year so if you have any questions about the place feel free to hit me up. I had comcast for two years while i was there and i never really had any problems with it. The alternatives there are terrible unless you want to pay out the ass for directv or something like that. I know a few people that had the other local provider (can't remember the name...) and they bitched about it constantly.

also its University Park, PA or State College, PA not College Station, PA

Yea, I keep ***** that up. I've called it College Town, College Station, University College... I'll get it eventually.
I still haven't moved down there. I'll start living there in April.
I'll definitely hit you up if any questions come up. Thanks for the help.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
My friend was in this and loved it actually, but he was a bit of a crazy. He ended up getting kicked out of the program for using steroids. Personally I would of thought the military would implement a don't ask policy for roids, especially the marines, I mean he was a dog on killing machine!
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Three years later... I'm graduating and commissioning in the next coming weeks.
Graduated from Penn State with a BS in Mech Eng. That's if I passed all my classes this semester which I'm positive I did.

I'm receiving orders soon to San Diego. Moving at the end of the month now.

I'm still in shock. Can't believe it's all over now.

Thanks to those who passed out words of encouragement
Snd to those who have served enlisted... I've been in over ten years now..
... You don't have to worry about me turning into a douche bag once I get pinned my butter bars.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats man...WE ARE!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Congrats man...WE ARE!!!
Marshall?!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:39 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats man