Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cheese taste good on almost anything.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Rice is probably talking about the night life of baltimore and places like this
The only thing people from Baltimore talk about is that the aquarium is by the water. The other thing I know is that you're supposed to speed up when driving through/past it. I went to school with two kids from Baltimore and so I'm sort of aware of what Baltimore has to offer. Green Bay may be rural, and I'm definitely not a fan (grew up in Minneapolis, vikings fan) but at least its NOT Baltimore. The other cities that come to mind when I think Baltimore are places like Detroit, Gary and East St. Louis. Not exactly great company.

And in terms of Ray being "close to Manhattan" and thus not used to the lifestyle excuse. I'm currently assigned to a project in the New Brunswick area. It's not Manhattan. People from the area like to say "it's close though, so its basically the same thing." No its not. It's rural and isolated. That excuse is only used by people from Jersey that defend it ad nauseum. There's a reason it costs money to enter Manhattan but its free to return to Jersey. I work with tons of client team members from the area and they all love it. The rest of my team who flies in from every corner of the country agrees with me, Jersey is awful. There's nothing to do, nothing to see. A lot, in fact, like Green Bay with the awful addition of a terrible attitude due to the relative "proximity" to Manhattan (I say proximity loosely).
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Supporting Caste
Rookie

Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, at least in Green Bay you generally don't have to deal with mean people.

Looking Arab/Islamic and being *** might make things a little difficult with some people, though.

A sexual orientation is considered profane? Well I'll be darned.
Supporting Caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And in terms of Ray being "close to Manhattan" and thus not used to the lifestyle excuse. I'm currently assigned to a project in the New Brunswick area. It's not Manhattan. People from the area like to say "it's close though, so its basically the same thing." No its not. It's rural and isolated. That excuse is only used by people from Jersey that defend it ad nauseum. There's a reason it costs money to enter Manhattan but its free to return to Jersey. I work with tons of client team members from the area and they all love it. The rest of my team who flies in from every corner of the country agrees with me, Jersey is awful. There's nothing to do, nothing to see. A lot, in fact, like Green Bay with the awful addition of a terrible attitude due to the relative "proximity" to Manhattan (I say proximity loosely).
New Brunswick is a 30-40 minute drive to NYC(non rush hour) and an hour train ride so it's pretty close. Also, it's not rural here at all. NJ is the only state in the union where every county is considered a metropolis because there are tons of people everywhere. There are some farms in the area but a lot of that has to do with Rutgers agricultural department. Just because we like to keep some preserved areas doesn't mean we are rural. Also, it's not free to enter back into NJ on the train. Just because the tunnels are free on the way back out is because the commuters shouldn't have to pay $16 just to get through a mile tunnel to work. I don't mind that you think Jersey is awful but don't demean the citizens like me who do like where I live.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
New Brunswick is a 30-40 minute drive to NYC(non rush hour) and an hour train ride so it's pretty close. Also, it's not rural here at all. NJ is the only state in the union where every county is considered a metropolis because there are tons of people everywhere. There are some farms in the area but a lot of that has to do with Rutgers agricultural department. Just because we like to keep some preserved areas doesn't mean we are rural. Also, it's not free to enter back into NJ on the train. Just because the tunnels are free on the way back out is because the commuters shouldn't have to pay $16 just to get through a mile tunnel to work. I don't mind that you think Jersey is awful but don't demean the citizens like me who do like where I live.
I said nothing demeaning about the citizens at all. I said they defend it ad nauseum. Not demeaning to me. And no matter what you say, the area has a "rural" feel. Take 78 west out of Manhattan and past Newark (another real gem) and boom, all it is farm country. Surrounding the New Brunswick area has the same thing. It's small town feel, with a lot of mom and pop shops and what not.

And I was talking about the driving commute. If NJ and Manhattan were as equal as youre equating them then it should be the same cost to enter/exit (4/4). But its not because one area is desirable, one is not. Obviously the train isn't free one way.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
I said nothing demeaning about the citizens at all. I said they defend it ad nauseum. Not demeaning to me. And no matter what you say, the area has a "rural" feel. Take 78 west out of Manhattan and past Newark (another real gem) and boom, all it is farm country. Surrounding the New Brunswick area has the same thing. It's small town feel, with a lot of mom and pop shops and what not.

And I was talking about the driving commute. If NJ and Manhattan were as equal as youre equating them then it should be the same cost to enter/exit (4/4). But its not because one area is desirable, one is not. Obviously the train isn't free one way.
It's because NY/NJ split the profits on the tunnels. Obviously more people filter into a city like Manhattan but NY/NJ have a bond together. Manhattan wouldn't really be the same with out a ton of the NJ citizens working there and vice versa. Also, north jersey in the mountains is rural but that's not where I live. I'm from 15 minutes from NB the other way and just because their mom and pop shops doesn't make it rural. I've actually never heard anyone say that about Jersey because of the overcrowding. New Bruns is also as far from rural as you can get.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-08-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
It's because NY/NJ split the profits on the tunnels. Obviously more people filter into a city like Manhattan but NY/NJ have a bond together. Manhattan wouldn't really be the same with out a ton of the NJ citizens working there and vice versa. Also, north jersey in the mountains is rural but that's not where I live. I'm from 15 minutes from NB the other way and just because their mom and pop shops doesn't make it rural. I've actually never heard anyone say that about Jersey because of the overcrowding. New Bruns is also as far from rural as you can get.
Correction: Manhattan is about as far from rural as you can get. Driving down Easton Ave through Somerset has a pretty rural feel to it if you ask me. And this is exactly what I'm talking about. Everyone in NJ will defend it to the end and try to buddy up to NYC. It's fine that you love it but there is a distinct different. And everyone that I know that goes to NJ from elsewhere is less than impressed with the state as a whole. Just my personal, relatively informed experience.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
Correction: Manhattan is about as far from rural as you can get. Driving down Easton Ave through Somerset has a pretty rural feel to it if you ask me. And this is exactly what I'm talking about. Everyone in NJ will defend it to the end and try to buddy up to NYC. It's fine that you love it but there is a distinct different. And everyone that I know that goes to NJ from elsewhere is less than impressed with the state as a whole. Just my personal, relatively informed experience.
No problem. I love NYC as well as my home state and a lot of NJ citizens were from there so it works both ways. I can see why a lot of people from out of town wouldn't like it but to each his own.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-08-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those are pretty weak statements. Lambeau Field, the atrium, and entire stadium is incredible. Sorry Ray, not ever NFL city can be like LA, Manhattan, Miami, etc...
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for New Brunswick being close to Manhattan... Green Bay is pretty close to Milwaukee. While Milwaukee is far from being Manhattan its still near a big city.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
As for New Brunswick being close to Manhattan... Green Bay is about that close to Milwaukee. While Milwaukee is far from being Manhattan its still near a big city.
This is true but Ray was only in NB for 3 years. New Rochelle is only 15-20 mins from NYC.

Maybe Rutgers being the Birthplace of College Football has something to do with him not being impressed? ;)

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-08-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
If you had to pick one.

Rural Wisconsin

Place in Baltimore

I think I'll take the boring, in the middle of nowhere place. Thanks for visiting Ray Rice.
That is definitley Baltimore. Now that isn't anywhere you would go if you are looking for "night life" but if you like crack or heroin that is the place to go. You must of searched for the worse place in Baltimore because where people would be visiting they wouldn't even see that place. Downtown Baltimore is a great place. Just don't leave that area.

He could be bitter like I said before but he could of had high hopes for playing in Green bay and he was dissapointed.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Last edited by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES : 12-08-2009 at 11:20 PM.
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went to that aquarium, only time I was ever in Baltimore or Maryland for that matter.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I went to that aquarium, only time I was ever in Baltimore or Maryland for that matter.
I have lived here for 23 years and have been there like twice on field trips.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
Old 12-08-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
That is definitley Baltimore. Now that isn't anywhere you would go if you are looking for "night life" but if you like crack or heroin that is the place to go. You must of searched for the worse place in Baltimore because where people would be visiting they wouldn't even see that place. Downtown Baltimore is a great place. Just don't leave that area.

He could be bitter like I said before but he could of had high hopes for playing in Green bay and he was dissapointed.
There are plenty of areas outside of downtown Baltimore that are plenty safe and fun.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he saw Kelly Washington get rejected during his Lambeau Leap attempt and is feeling a little left out he wasn't able to get his bottom "patted" and hugged by adoring fans.

Young guys in the NFL want to embrace their newfound celebrity and be able to "hit the town" for partying and that... Obviously in Green Bay that really isn't much of an option.

But for players who want to focus mainly on football and are okay with a bit more laid back family life, then Green Bay is excellent. It's obviously not a place many rookies want to come at first, but just ask Driver, Greg Jennings, Aaron Rodgers, Bj Raji and others how they like it. They gush.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 12-08-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
singe_101
Rookie

singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're in the middle of nowhere? Good, watch some film.

Did the hotel forget to put a mint on your pillow?

Do you know how many men dream of playing one NFL game and would fly themselves to Green Bay to be on the bench and maybe have one kickoff to cover? Come on, Ray.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Brunswick not really Manhattan, to different feelings that's why people from outside don't like it, and see it differently from the people that live there.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You look really stupid when you make a comment like this after you did horribly and lost a game. Should have just kept his mouth closed.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:20 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with the side that doesn't give a **** about the history of Lam-bow. I don't think i'd have a reason good enough to ever set foot in Wisky, much less the city of Green Bay.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:07 AM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
compared to the bay area, every where is terrible.
I approve this

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:11 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by singe_101 View Post
You're in the middle of nowhere? Good, watch some film.

Did the hotel forget to put a mint on your pillow?

Do you know how many men dream of playing one NFL game and would fly themselves to Green Bay to be on the bench and maybe have one kickoff to cover? Come on, Ray.
Well he was probably one of those guys who always wanted to play there and it was a lame experience so he said so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
You look really stupid when you make a comment like this after you did horribly and lost a game. Should have just kept his mouth closed.
I agree. Only if we would of won the game and he told you guys your town was lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I'm with the side that doesn't give a **** about the history of Lam-bow. I don't think i'd have a reason good enough to ever set foot in Wisky, much less the city of Green Bay.
This!!!!

John Wall
Old 12-09-2009, 10:18 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
New Brunswick is a 30-40 minute drive to NYC(non rush hour) and an hour train ride so it's pretty close.
I can make it from where I live in South Jersey to the shore in that time. Does it mean they're basically the same? No, not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Yes, I did search for the worst place in Baltimore. Well kind of. Not many image results appeared for 'West Baltimore' but who would take pictures of it anyway? I just searched Baltimore ghetto and that was one of the nicer pictures that came up. Just saying, no matter where you go, there will be places there that aren't top of the line. We've been selling out since 1960. Green Bay is a blue collar football town. The only attraction for tourists there is Lambeau and a couple local bars before, after, or even during the game. Other than that, there isn't much to do unless you live there like much of the faithful. They don't market the city, they market the team.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I live about 20 minutes from Manhattan. Theres nothing "rural" anywhere around here. I went to school in New Brunswick, theres nothing rural about New Brunswick unless you consider Cook Campus in Rutgers to be rural, which is like 1 small horse farm on campus for agricultural studies. Im sure some ppl have bigger farms in their backyard than that.

South Jersey and Pennsylvania is a different story. But North and Central Jersey is far from rural.

I honestly don't get the obsession with living in NY. I much rather live in NJ. I'm just as close (maybe a tiny bit farther away) from Manhattan as a guy who lives in Queens. I MUUUCH rather live in North Jersey than Queens. Living in Manhattan is a different story, but unless youre a bajillionaire, thats not happening.

Theres plenty to do where I live. Manhattan is a hop skip away, I go to Philly frequently, which is about an hour and a half away, Atlantic City, Hoboken, tons of local places to venture out to that aren't as extravagant.

Most of the big wigs around this area don't even live in NY. They live in NJ and CT. They just work in NY or the greater NY area which includes NJ and CT.

Everybody has their own preferences, so its no big deal. Different strokes for different folks. But I wouldn't move for any other place in the country. I love where I live, I love where I work, I have no complaints about this place.