Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This win brings the bucs that much close to SUH!!!

YAY
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
This was as close to a Super Bowl victory as the Browns will get huh?
Considering the Browns haven't beat the Steelers since 2003 and the Browns had only beat the Steelers 3 times since 1993... it's no Super Bowl, but it's definitely one of the best Cleveland Browns moment in a LONG time. If this was a Super Bowl victory, I would have cried.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post

YAY
Maybe not. You are playing a team QBed by Kellen Clemens this weekend.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Ehhh, it's WAY too early to say that.

Kicking themselves? Tomlin has a ring, what does Whisenhunt have?
I knew someone was going to chime in with that. Do you not think Whisenhunt wouldn't have won the SB? Whisenhunt, Grimm, and Dick LeBeau on the same coaching staff? Yeah... Whiz has done a great job in AZ, no one can deny that, and if he would have stayed in Pitt, where their offense was banging when he was their OC, he could have picked up where Cowher left off.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post

YAY
Suh belongs to the Lions.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I really, really wished I had voiced my thoughts on Tomlin being over-rated before. He was given control of one of the best teams in the league with one of the best front offices as well. Not to mention, a future Hall of Fame DC to help him. He's never faced adversity and had to overcome much in his tenure, and while kudos to him for keeping his team straight, his team is now crumbling in the face of adversity.

I'm not saying he's a bad HC. The man's won a SB after all. But like you said, appears to be massively over-rated and arguably the most disappointing team this season after winning the Super Bowl.
I always thought he was overrated. A glorified cheerleader. The smartest thing he ever did was not implement his defense and let LeBeau continue to run the attacking 3-4.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that was a sweet game. Go browns!
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I knew someone was going to chime in with that. Do you not think Whisenhunt wouldn't have won the SB? Whisenhunt, Grimm, and Dick LeBeau on the same coaching staff? Yeah... Whiz has done a great job in AZ, no one can deny that, and if he would have stayed in Pitt, where their offense was banging when he was their OC, he could have picked up where Cowher left off.
I'd argue that the job Whiz has done in Arizona is more impressive than what Tomlin has done in Pittsburgh.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I always thought he was overrated. A glorified cheerleader. The smartest thing he ever did was not implement his defense and let LeBeau continue to run the attacking 3-4.
You also saw how much the Steelers D works when Polamalu is in. They haven't looked like the great defense they were last year without him.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-10-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
I'd argue that the job Whiz has done in Arizona is more impressive than what Tomlin has done in Pittsburgh.
I wouldn't think anyone could argue that fact. What Whiz has done in Arizona IS more impressive than what Tomlin has done in Pittsburgh.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-10-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't think anyone could argue that fact. What Whiz has done in Arizona IS more impressive than what Tomlin has done in Pittsburgh.
The win over Minnesota was very impressive. I'm impressed the losers of the super bowl are playing at such a high level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe not. You are playing a team QBed by Kellen Clemens this weekend.

Hey, according to Merrill Hoge he was heads and shoulders better than Vince Young, Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Hey, according to Merrill Hoge he was heads and shoulders better than Vince Young, Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler.
He's not even better than Mark Sanchez. So what does that say? Haha.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
He's not even better than Mark Sanchez. So what does that say? Haha.
Who really is better than the Sanchise? Really...

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-10-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Josh Cribbs. Dude is a class act all the way, and a helluva player!

Cleveland, PAY THE MAN!!! /Prime

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe, but that's playing the "what if" game. We don't know how that would have panned out at all other then to speculate. Still Tomlin won a Super Bowl and Whisenhunt hasn't yet, those are the facts. I think Whis is a great coach, but I'm just going by facts, and it's not like the Cardinals had a talent depleted roster when he took over either let's not confuse him taking over the Cards for the Browns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Maybe, but that's playing the "what if" game. We don't know how that would have panned out at all other then to speculate. Still Tomlin won a Super Bowl and Whisenhunt hasn't yet, those are the facts. I think Whis is a great coach, but I'm just going by facts, and it's not like the Cardinals had a talent depleted roster when he took over either let's not confuse him taking over the Cards for the Browns.
Ok. You can use the same logic on Tomlin. Dick LeBeau was essential in them winning the SB. The worst hire was getting Bruce Arians as OC. It went against everything Pittsburgh has stood for: smashmouth offense and smashmouth defense. They are now a team that likes to air it out and that has started to bite them in the butt this season, especially when they failed to address their below average offensive line.

And yeah, it is a "what if", and there are plenty of those to have fun with, and no one will really know how much of that SB win had to do with Tomlin's coaching but back-to-back losses to the Raiders and Browns sure as hell doesn't say much for him.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-10-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The Cards were one of the most futile organizations in the NFL before Whiz got there, and he took them to the Super Bowl. They had talent, but they needed a great coach to put it all together. The Steelers had it all put together before Tomlin got there, and all he had to do was keep the driver's seat warm and they'd make the Playoffs. He's got a ring in Pitt though, so you're right that he's accomplished more. We just think taking the Cards to the SB was harder to do than winning the SB with the Steelers.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Ok. You can use the same logic on Tomlin. Dick LeBeau was essential in them winning the SB. The worst hire was getting Bruce Arians as OC. It went against everything Pittsburgh has stood for: smashmouth offense and smashmouth defense. They are now a team that likes to air it out and that has started to bite them in the butt this season, especially when they failed to address their below average offensive line.

And yeah, it is a "what if", and there are plenty of those to have fun with, and no one will really know how much of that SB win had to do with Tomlin's coaching but back-to-back losses to the Raiders and Browns sure as hell doesn't say much for him.
Arians has to go. I didn't watch the game but listened on radio, but what I did see had very DL on the field for the Browns. They were kind of playing that amoeba defense with on down lineman and a bunch of LBers playing off the line. The Browns were basically giving them 4-5 yards and the Steelers weren't taking it.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol well Whisenhunt came prett-ay close, to say that's the difference between Tomlin and Whisenhunt is literally a one game decision.

Pittsburgh, idk man
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The madden curse is alive and well. there is no way you can persuade me it doesnt exist now
Old 12-10-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
The Cards were one of the most futile organizations in the NFL before Whiz got there, and he took them to the Super Bowl. They had talent, but they needed a great coach to put it all together. The Steelers had it all put together before Tomlin got there, and all he had to do was keep the driver's seat warm and they'd make the Playoffs. He's got a ring in Pitt though, so you're right that he's accomplished more. We just think taking the Cards to the SB was harder to do than winning the SB with the Steelers.
Exactly my point except better explained here by TitanHope. I would reiterate one of my main points. Like TH said, all Tomlin did was keep the seat warm, but imagine the Steelers if they would have kept Whiz and Grimm, two guys that really made that offense tick. You can see the effect the loss of Grimm has had.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-10-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You also missed the Chiefs........

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We just think taking the Cards to the SB was harder to do than winning the SB with the Steelers.
I do too, but I also think that it's just alot easier then assuming that Whisenhunt would of won a SB with Pitt, there's alot more to it then that, and frankly we don't know since it didn't work out that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
The madden curse is alive and well. there is no way you can persuade me it doesnt exist now
Arizona is most likely going to the playoffs...... unless you were being sarcastic, than my bad.

Quote:
Quote: