Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 12-11-2009, 02:51 AM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.
Default Race for #1 pick heating up

Thanks Browns.

It's St. Louis and us in the driver's seat.

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!

Suh here we come!
ABoyNamedSuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:00 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want the #1 pick.

#1 overall money for a DT is annoying.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post

Well there is no way in hell Suh makes it past the 3rd pick. I highly doubt he will make it past the second(hopefully that is us).
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

I could be wrong, but weren't the Bucs trying to get Haynsworth?
Old 12-11-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

I could be wrong, but weren't the Bucs trying to get Haynsworth?
Old 12-11-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont mind paying for Suh, we have plenty of money as it is

and yeah like that guy said we were gonna pay a load of cash for haynesworth anyway

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know we have a ton of cash, but it's still a lot of money to throw at a defensive lineman.

Realistically though it is the only real possibility for us at 1/2/3.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Captain Fear
Rookie

Captain Fear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't mind paying #1 money for Suh. I just don't want to pay #2/#3 money for anyone else at this point.
Captain Fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

g-g-g-go rams

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:05 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

When you are 31st against the run and have to go up against Deangelo Williams/J.Stewart, Mike Turner, Bush/P.Thomas twice a year it is definatley worth the $$$.... If Suh isn't there though I think you draft the best player available and that would be Berry...
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

ABOYNAMEDSUH looks like you are going to have to change your screen name soon... lol. Although there is an outside chance we land Suh still... We need a lot of help though.. First off we would have to lose against the Falcons and have KC win, then we are sitting at the 3 spot.. Rams pick Clausen or Berry and the Lions Pick McCoy, Berry or Okung.. Maybe that's a stretch I don't know but I wouldn't put anything past the Lions Scouting dept. and the Rams need to make a splash - plus they drafted back to back Dlineman with their #1 picks in 08 and 07 (Chris Long and Adam Carriker), do you think they want to have that much money tied up on Dline players? I can see the Rams trying to trade down to get Clausen and stock pile picks....

Last edited by KennyG : 01-02-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG View Post
When you are 31st against the run and have to go up against Deangelo Williams/J.Stewart, Mike Turner, Bush/P.Thomas twice a year it is definatley worth the $$$.... If Suh isn't there though I think you draft the best player available and that would be Berry...
How can you name all of those runningbacks that we have to face twice a year and then say we should take Berry over Gerald McCoy?

The Tampa 2 cannot be successful without a dominant front 4. Berry is a fantastic football player, but the quickest way to shut down an opposing team's running game is to acquire a defensive line that can control the point of attack. That's why the defensive line must be the #1 priority this offseason.

The Bucs had a dominant defense for so long because their defensive line was anchored by guys like Warren Sapp, Simeon Rice, Chidi Ahanatou, etc. Those guys were the stalwarts who made players like Brian Kelly and Dwight Smith look like Pro-Bowlers and they're also responsible for Dexter Jackson being named the Super Bowl MVP. As good as he is, Eric Berry will not have that kind of impact on the entire defense.

With all of that said, if both Suh and McCoy are off the board when we pick, I would not be upset with selecting the best remaining defender on the board, which would probably be Berry. However, using the points above, I believe that Derrick Morgan will be very high on the Buc's draft board, as well.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I have to agree with what Legacy said. If we pick at four, there is a legitimate chance that Gerald McCoy will be on the board. The guy is a beast and is in my opinion one of the more under-rated blue chip players going into the draft. All the DT attention is on the media darling Suh and McCoy is all but a forgotten figure. If we plan on running the Tampa 2 again next year, McCoy will be a HUGE asset.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:10 AM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
ABOYNAMEDSUH looks like you are going to have to change your screen name soon... lol. Although there is an outside chance we land Suh still... We need a lot of help though.. First off we would have to lose against the Falcons and have KC win, then we are sitting at the 3 spot.. Rams pick Clausen or Berry and the Lions Pick McCoy, Berry or Okung.. Maybe that's a stretch I don't know but I wouldn't put anything past the Lions Scouting dept. and the Rams need to make a splash - plus they drafted back to back Dlineman with their #1 picks in 08 and 07 (Chris Long and Adam Carriker), do you think they want to have that much money tied up on Dline players? I can see the Rams trying to trade down to get Clausen and stock pile picks....
damnit! lol

At 4, how do you guys feel about OLB Rolando McClain? I know of Mr. Berry and respect his immense talent, but if McCoy and Suh are gone, I still feel like we should upgrade our front 7 before we pick up Berry. We could still have a shot at OLB/DE Sergio Kindle or DT Marvin Austin at the top of the second, IMO.

(I honestly haven't seen Morgan play, either.)
Old 01-03-2010, 07:58 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

Quote:
How can you name all of those runningbacks that we have to face twice a year and then say we should take Berry over Gerald McCoy?
Legacy I agree with you although I would hope the Buc's would pick best available Defensive player after Suh... I wouldn't mind McCoy over Berry all that much... And don't underestimate what Berry would bring to our run defense, just look at the Steelers run defense when Polamalu is playing and then look when he isn't... The post was from the begining of December and I kind of fell in love with the Idea of TJ, Talib, Ronde, and Berry as our secondary, as of now it looks like like McCoy would be the smarter choice..

As far as McClain BoynamedSuh I wouldn't mind picking him either just not at the 4 spot, this year's draft is pretty deep and I don't want to reach for a player if we don't have to... I look at what Clay Matthews and Rey Magalau have done and don't mind picking a top flight LB at all...
Old 01-03-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

Speaking of drafting Best Available player... In the 07 draft I figured if Calvin Johnson wasn't available at the 4 spot that we should draft A. Peterson... I was pretty much called an idiot on other boards because we had Caddy.. I still think you got to weigh need vs B.A.P. but you can't pass on supreme talent.. Scouts and most NFL people are projecting Berry as the next Ed Reed and from what I have seen from him I wouldn't disagree..
The good drafting teams do not pass on BAP over need...

Last edited by KennyG : 01-03-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoyNamedSuh View Post
damnit! lol

At 4, how do you guys feel about OLB Rolando McClain? I know of Mr. Berry and respect his immense talent, but if McCoy and Suh are gone, I still feel like we should upgrade our front 7 before we pick up Berry. We could still have a shot at OLB/DE Sergio Kindle or DT Marvin Austin at the top of the second, IMO.

(I honestly haven't seen Morgan play, either.)
McClain is a beast. If both Suh and McCoy are gone and we lose Ruud to FA, I would be happy with the Bucs selecting McClain. Kenny, McClain at #4 isn't much of a reach, since there's talk that the Chiefs may select him.

With that said, I doubt we lose Ruud to free agency unless a new CBA is reached, because I believe he'd be a RFA in an uncapped year. (Same goes for Donald Penn.)

As for Derrick Morgan, he's been compared to Jevon Kearse. He needs to work on developing some repetoire of pass rushing moves, but he should be a good NFL player.

Last edited by Legacy : 01-03-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Quote:
Speaking of drafting Best Available player... In the 07 draft I figured if Calvin Johnson wasn't available at the 4 spot that we should draft A. Peterson... I was pretty much called an idiot on other boards because we had Caddy.. I still think you got to weigh need vs B.A.P. but you can't pass on supreme talent.. Scouts and most NFL people are projecting Berry as the next Ed Reed and from what I have seen from him I wouldn't disagree..
The good drafting teams do not pass on BAP over need...
This isn't really relevant.

Adams was the consensus best defensive player in that draft. As far as I can tell, there's no reason to believe the team felt like he wasn't the BAP at that point. (Though we obviously know we were wrong now.) As I recall, nearly every team and analyst agreed that he would be an elite pass rusher at the next level.

If you believe otherwise, just go back and look at Monte Kiffin's press conference immediately after we selected Adams. The man was absolutely ecstatic thinking we'd landed the second coming of Simeon Rice.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

Quote:
This isn't really relevant.

Adams was the consensus best defensive player in that draft. As far as I can tell, there's no reason to believe the team felt like he wasn't the BAP at that point. (Though we obviously know we were wrong now.) As I recall, nearly every team and analyst agreed that he would be an elite pass rusher at the next level.

If you believe otherwise, just go back and look at Monte Kiffin's press conference immediately after we selected Adams. The man was absolutely ecstatic thinking we'd landed the second coming of Simeon Rice.

I think it is very relevant... When you pass on Steven Jackson for M. Clayton, when you pass on Adrian Peterson for Gaines Adams, pass on Shawn Merriman for Carnell Williams ect. ect. the list goes on.. If I could tell that Adrian Peterson was the most explosive player in the 07 draft why couldn't the Buc's?
You shouldn't pass on Best available player just to fill a need...

Let's say that McCoy and Suh are gone, most have Berry as the top overall ranked NFL prospect, would you pass on Berry to get Morgan? Of course you don't... I mean I could even make a case to pick Berry over McCoy but I don't think that would happen...

Last edited by KennyG : 01-03-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Quote:
You shouldn't pass on Best available player just to fill a need...
Again, there was no indication that Gaines Adams wasn't that guy. Adrian Peterson was a fantastic prospect, but everyone expected Adams to be "Just-Add-Water-Instant-Simeon-Rice."

I don't agree with the "BPA all the time" method of drafting, anyway. Suppose, for example, that Bradford is somehow still on the board when the Saints, Colts or Patriots pick. In that situation, he'd likely be the BPA, but there's no reason for any of those three teams to take him.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

Legacy I didn't say that Gaines was not regarded as the top pass rusher coming out in 07 but at the time after Calvin J. there wasn't a sure fire home run like Peterson was.. Of course Best Available Player does not mean draft a QB with your first pick when you have a Hall of Famer at QB in their prime or even when you drafted one early the year before... Your taking it out of context a little...
Look at the Colts for instance - I would say there off. is pretty good dosn't need a lot of help yet they drafted BPA last year and picked D. Brown after spending a #1 on J. Addai (who's a pretty good back) what 2 - 3 years back?

Last edited by KennyG : 01-03-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

We'll just have to agree to disagree, Kenny. I still maintain that Gaines Adams was considered a sure-fire pick in that draft.

As for the draft order, everyone here should be rooting for the Chiefs (who are currently winning). If they defeat the Broncos we are assured a choice of at least 1 of the top 3 defenders in this draft.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

As far as I'm concerned no player can ever be labeled a sure fire pick.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

Agreed. lol. Go Cheifs!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

Go Chiefs!!! Woot!!