Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-12-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default SWDC Heisman TROPHY PRESENTATION.

Good evening everyone and welcome to the 2nd Annual SWDC Heisman red-carpet show. All those who received a single vote have been invited to this extravaganza! Joining me today at the presentation will be whoever the hell wants to help me out. Looks like the Quarterbacks are coming through first.

Colt McCoy put up over 3500 yards passing and had 27 passing touchdowns plus 3 rushing touchdowns to just 12 Interceptions. His Longhorns will be playing for the National Championship come January. He won the elusive NFLDC Heisman in 2008.

Tim Tebow, the 2007 Heisman winner, led his Florida Gators to the SEC Championship and the Sugar Bowl, losing just one game along the way. He threw for 2413 yards and 18 touchdowns, while rushing for 859 yards and 13 touchdowns.

Kellen Moore, sophomore from Prosser, WA led his Boise State Broncos to a Fiesta Bowl match-up with the TCU Horned Frogs. He threw for 3325 yards, 39 touchdowns and only 3 interceptions! Crazy to think this guy is so young, yet he is putting up this great of numbers. Ironically he is walking in with

Case Keenum! 5449 Yards! 43 Touchdowns! Led the Houston Cougars to the C-USA Championship Game, and led them to a top 25 national ranking. If there was ever a year a mid-major player won the Heisman…. It might be this year or next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Last edited by jballa838 : 12-12-2009 at 06:05 PM.
jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here comes the Runningbacks

Mark Ingram. In case you don’t know by now, this kid is legit. He leads Alabama into National Championship against Colt McCoy’s Texas Longhorns. 6.2 yards per carry. 15 touchdowns. 1542 yards. One potential national championship.

Toby Gerhart. 1736 yards, 28 touchdowns, 5.6 yards per carry. The stats tell the story for this gritty, powerhouse runner who helped the Stanford Cardinal to a great 8-4 record. Will him being on the west coast at Stanford hurt his odds?

CJ Spiller, the dynamo from Clemson who led the Tigers to the ACC Championship game literally in every way you could think of. 20 total touchdowns, 4 of those being kick returns, 1 punt return, 4 receiving, 11 rushing, and he even threw one. I’m sure if he played defensive back he would return an INT or two for a touchdown.
I think that’s it for the running backs…. Wait.. who is that? It’s…….

I see some Lanky guys coming in. Looks to be the wide receivers.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

The Cincinnati Bearcats are head-coachless going into the sugar bowl, but this doesn’t matter much to Mardy Gilyard who will be one of the Wide Receivers at the show tonight. Unfortunately, it seems as if Gilyard and our other WR candidate Jordan Shipley announced they will not be walking the red carpet, for fear their time will affect their draft stock.
Here is a clip package of Gilyard though for your entertainment.

Quote:

Old 12-12-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

The next person coming down the red carpet would be Ndamukong Suh... whenever he shows up.
there he is.

82 tackles. 12 sacks. Countless tackles for loss, and one interception. He’s a big guy. That concludes our Heisman candid…..

Quote:

Old 12-12-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kirk Herbstreit: There are plenty of excellent young men here who have excelled both on and off the football field. Everyone is ready to see who the finalists are. Two players that are almost sure locks to be finalists for the award are RBs Mark Ingram and Toby Gerhart. Both put up exceptional numbers this season and have led their teams to numerous wins. Ingram will be representing Alabama, who is going for their first National Title of the BCS era. Toby Gerhart helped shape an ailing Stanford program and turned them into a contender. Either player could win the award.

Lee Corso: Not so fast my friend! Let's not forget about the QBs! Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow have been two of the greatest QBs in college football over the past four years. Tebow is such an icon, he could will his way to an SWDC Heisman just as he wills his team to wins on the football field. Colt McCoy was the winner last year of the SWDC Heisman, and he is looking to be the first repeat winner as well! This year, taking Texas to a National Championship, he may win it again sweetheart!

Chris Fowler: Don't forget though that this award is voted on by draft experts. So, let's not count out DT Ndamukong Suh, a probable Top pick in the 2010 NFL draft. He was a defensive force in every game he played in, and almost single-handedly led Nebraska over Texas. I think he is a sure finalist. Let's go to the floor now and see who the official finalists are.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Now we are all comfortably in our seats it looks as if the show starting. They are announcing the 7 finalists in alphabetical order to come up to the stage.

Usually it’s 6 finalists

Quote:

Old 12-12-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's go down and talk to former Heisman Trophy winner Desmond Howard.

Desmond Howard: I think we have 7 of the best college football players in the country here today. Mark Ingram and Colt McCoy represent the two National Championship contenders, and either could win it tonight. One surprise on the list is QB Kellen Moore of Boise State who has led the undefeated Broncos to the Fiesta Bowl. He has showed a lot of tenacity this season, taking the WAC team to big things. But my guess on who will win may surprise some people. CJ Spiller is the most outstanding player in the country with his ability to return kicks and break away on long runs. A senior, Spiller has been working over defenses since his freshman year. I think he could win the whole thing this year.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-12-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

In a tie for 6th place two quarterbacks from opposite corners of the United States. . .
5th place announcement upcoming.

Quote:

Old 12-12-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Let's talk to College Football Hall of Famer, Lou Holtz for his take on the 6th place players

Lou Holtz: Well, Tim Tebow and Kellen Moore both had very successful years. Tebow is one of the greatest, if not the greatest college football players of all time. There is no doubt that he deserved to win an SWDC Heisman at some point in his career, but that won't happen. Kellen Moore did the improbably by not winning a game, and he has been noticed for it. Both are excellent young men who will have much success in the future. But not as much success as future Notre Dame QB Dayne Crist who will win the next two SWDC Heismans!

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-12-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

In 5th place in the 2009 SWDC Heisman Trophy,

Quote:

Old 12-12-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

To give us his views on Texas QB Colt McCoy is Mark May sitting down with Colt McCoy!

Mark May: Colt McCoy was a finalist for this prestigious award for the second year in a row, winning it last year. Though he didn't win the SWDC Heisman, he is a great player who will have the chance to win a National Championship and then play on Sundays. Colt, how has this season gone for you?

Colt McCoy: It's been everything I could have hoped for. We are undefeated, playing for a National Championship, and I am excited for my coaches and teammates. I couldn't have been here without them. We are all working hard to win in Pasadena, and I am excited for all the opportunities given to me.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 12-12-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

in case you are wondering, colt left the room and did the interview via skype...
anyways....

In 4th place in the 2009 SWDC Heisman Trophy,

Quote:

Old 12-12-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

To break down CJ Spiller, a dynamic RB, is the only two time Heisman trophy winner, Archie Griffin.

Archie Griffin: Heart, toughness, and explosiveness are three characteristics that describe CJ Spiller of Clemson. He is such an amazing athlete who can truly do it all on the football field. On a Clemson team that competed for the ACC title, Spiller was the leader both on and off the field. I have had the true pleasure to meet the young man and know he will succeed in anything he sets his mind to. All those NFL players better be weary of when he steps on the field with them next year.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-12-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Less than 5 % separate our top 3, and without further adieu
In 3rd place in the 2009 SWDC Heisman Trophy,

Quote:

Old 12-12-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Jesse Palmer: Such a close vote toward the end. Mark Ingram is a player who definitely deserves his props on his play this year. In the biggest game of his career, Mark Ingram ran over and through Florida's terror of a defense. With a Who's Who of future NFL athletes, Ingram racked up the yardage and TD to get Alabama to the National Title game. He was a great candidate for the SWDC Heisman and could have easily won the whole thing. Great respect for him and his success this year.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-12-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

votes upcoming.

Quote:

Old 12-12-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:

Old 12-12-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Todd McShay: There you have it folks. Ndamukong Suh takes the 2nd Annual SWDC Heisman. A dominant force on the defensive line, he kept QBs up at night. There is not a better player in college football. A gamechanger at the DT position, Suh definitely deserved this award. He will have to build about 5 more trophy cases after all the awards he won this year, and he can use the money he earns heading to the NFL to do it. One of my top prospects, Suh will be a Top 3 pick in the NFL draft in April.

I also don't want to take anything from the 2nd place finisher Toby Gerhart. He is another guy who will be playing on Sundays. There was simply not a team in the country who could stop him. Gerhart may have given Stanford a few extra wins, and now he takes them to a big time Bowl Game. Congratulation to Suh and Gerhart, two amazing players!

Follow Me on Twitter!