Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
maybe being 6th in receiving yards, 9th in receptions and tied 3rd in TDs.
Welker has more yards and receptions with 2 less games.

Even if he had a great career, him bing not even be in the #5 in 2 of the 3 major categories doenst scream #1 to me.

He seems to disappear often and everytime I see him make a big play its most on a streak play.

And dont give me that Randy moss treatment argument.
First of all, no one has any idea what his being done against them.

Secondly, you think no one like Fitz, Andre Johnson or anyone else in the Top5 get these treatments?

Last edited by Gay Ork Wang : 12-14-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So? I never said Welker didn't show enough to be considered top 10.

Fitz has more everything than Boldin, still I saw Boldin on some lists.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Welker has those numbers bc of Moss. That middle of the field wouldn't be open if Moss didn't clear it for him.

Before Welker came to NE he was nothing but a solid slot WR. After he joined NE with Moss he magically became a stat compiler. Moss makes him look better than he is.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Even if he had a great career, him bing not even be in the #5 in 2 of the 3 major categories doenst scream #1 to me.

He seems to disappear often and everytime I see him make a big play its most on a streak play.

And dont give me that Randy moss treatment argument.
First of all, no one has any idea what his being done against them.

Secondly, you think no one like Fitz, Andre Johnson or anyone else in the Top5 get these treatments?
ive edited it.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andre Johnson then everybody else.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 Andre Johnson
2 Larry Fitzgerald
3 Reggie Wayne
4 Calvin Johnson
5 Brandon Marshall
6 Randy Moss
7 Vincent Jackson
8 DeSean Jackson
9 Roddy White
10 Greg Jennings

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ive edited it.
Randy Moss doesn't run many in routes etc bc he does more for his team by clearing out the field on a streak than catching a slant for 10 yards.

Nobody clears out the field for his teammates the way Moss does. Ever. Thats not even debatable.

And the Moss treatment is different from the Johnson/Fitz treatment. Maybe not as much this year, but in year's past, it clearly was. It wasn't even a double team, bc Moss would eat double teams. Its not just his CB and a safety. He'd stretch the LB on his side, and the other safety.

Even Johnson and Fitz never got that kind of treatment.

This year he's been doubled in a traditional fashion when up against better CBs in the game, but he's still making them pay for it.

Even Revis had help up top.

I saw Revis shut Andre Johnson down with no help. But he always had a safety help him on Moss. What does that tell you?
Old 12-14-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Randy Moss doesn't run many in routes etc bc he does more for his team by clearing out the field on a streak than catching a slant for 10 yards.

Nobody clears out the field for his teammates the way Moss does. Ever. Thats not even debatable.

And the Moss treatment is different from the Johnson/Fitz treatment. Maybe not as much this year, but in year's past, it clearly was. It wasn't even a double team, bc Moss would eat double teams. Its not just his CB and a safety. He'd stretch the LB on his side, and the other safety.

Even Johnson and Fitz never got that kind of treatment.

This year he's been doubled in a traditional fashion when up against better CBs in the game, but he's still making them pay for it.

Even Revis had help up top.

I saw Revis shut Andre Johnson down with no help. But he always had a safety help him on Moss. What does that tell you?
great then why isnt Terrell Owens rank? seems like you are going off of past accomplishments

Old 12-14-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he's quit on the team roughly 6 times this season, resulting in 4 of the patriots losses.
Are you including yesterday, Sunday the 13th? Their opponent DB said "he quit" b/c he was pouting about being sent home for showing up late to practice.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
his skills have obvioulsy eroded. He is like the NFL version of a rodeo clown at this point.
That's why he has 937 yards and 7 touchdowns.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I put Randy Moss on my list because he is a great WR but I can't stand these diva WRs who quit on their team or cause their team harm. It's ridiculous.

I love a player who has swagger and confidence, I even like some who talk trash to opposing DBs from time to time, but don't quit on your team and don't let your actions hurt overall team chemistry. It's just stupid.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
he's quit on the team roughly 6 times this season, resulting in 4 of the patriots losses. clearly that's an argument for his potential effectiveness, but i can't justify putting a guy who'd rather jog routes (and i don't mean the moss jog-sprint-by-everyone thing, i mean the moss walk-three-steps-jog-two-go-to-the-huddle thing), not even make an attempt to catch a ball off his numbers and make a pitiful effort anytime they ask him to go anywhere but deep as the best receiver in the game. it's frankly, difficult to justify putting him in the top ten.

i feel like i've had this discussion before, but whatever.

if we were putting a list of the most talented wrs, moss could still be one. i just don't see how you can call him one of the best given the literal joke of a season he's put forth so far (the vast majority of his numbers came in 6 games against garbage pass defenses).
To be fair to Moss, in the beginning of the season he was wide open several times but Brady just missed him. Brady wasn't healthy at the time.

We've gone over this before, and we're just going to have opposing views on it. Even with his lack of effort at times, I'll take Randy Moss any day of the week.

He's not the only WR who quits on routes and jogs routes. He gets more attention than others bc hes Randy Moss.

Ive seen Plax quit on tons of routes. Even games. But he was still a beast. Bc even when he quit, you still had to respect him.

Everyone looks at #s with WRs, but its not that simple. Plax had games where he had 2 catches for 30 yards, but on tape had an incredible effect on the game. Charlie Casserly broke it down last year, how he would get tripled through a jog at times. But that still opened up his teammates.

Moss does the same. But he shifts coverages like no other. Thats why I like him so much.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
great then why isnt Terrell Owens rank? seems like you are going off of past accomplishments
Bc im not?

Randy Moss is still one of the top statistical WRs in the league and Owens isn't.

You act like Moss isn't doing a thing out there. Even now he's still a beast.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree about the Randy Moss treatment. Him just being on the field makes a team better. He demands so much attention. And even with that attention, and even when he's dogging it he puts up great stats.
Citing Welker's stats actually could be a positive in a pro Randy argument. Without Moss, Welker is average. With him, he's a stad padding stud.
It's easy to look at stats to make a list, but football really isn't a stat game.. at all.. you have to look at way more than that and Moss dictates coverage, and demands attention, and makes team specifically game plan for him, all while making spectacular plays and putting up big numbers. Now, I don't have him #1 this year but I think leaving him outside of the top 3 or 5 would be a mistake.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Bc im not?

Randy Moss is still one of the top statistical WRs in the league and Owens isn't.

You act like Moss isn't doing a thing out there. Even now he's still a beast.
i know, never said anything else, but if you are basing it on this year, i see no logical argument to have him ranked top Wide receiver of the league

Old 12-14-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
i know, never said anything else, but if you are basing it on this year, i see no logical argument to have him ranked top Wide receiver of the league
off stats, yes, youre right, he's not.

but i don't think its fair to look at stats as the only justification of who's the best WR in the league.

Many of us have Megatron in our lists. But he hasn't done jack this year.

Contrarily, most of us don't have Steve Smith (the giants) on their list despite the fact that he's put up great numbers this year. Better numbers than many of the WRs on our lists.

I as a Giants fan readily admit that in spite of his #s, Smith isn't anywhere near a top 10 WR.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 12-14-2009 at 04:09 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's demonstrably false. moss does not and has NEVER put up anything even approaching good stats when he chooses not to try.

he "demands" double coverage based on past accomplishment and, this year, based literally SOLELY on the fact that he's fast. that's the only conceivable reason to play a safety over him ever, since he can't beat anyone on any route that isn't a straight go. given that he runs the play poorly this year, brady throws it poorly and their OC doesn't call it (occasionally at all), it's mind boggling why anyone is respecting it this year.

again, you and bbd have put forth arguments for moss being a great receiver over past years. none of these arguments remotely apply to this year.
What I meant to say was despite dogging it sometimes he still demands the extra attention, and with all of the attention he gets he still puts up good stats. Sorry for the confusion, I typed that up wrong, and made it sound like he was a stat stud when not trying, which for the most part is false.

But I still do feel that his ability dictates game planning a ton, and its evident on the field. When you factor in that the guy has still put up top 10 stats while being specifically game planned against you have to respect how good he is.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Welker has those numbers bc of Moss. That middle of the field wouldn't be open if Moss didn't clear it for him.

Before Welker came to NE he was nothing but a solid slot WR. After he joined NE with Moss he magically became a stat compiler. Moss makes him look better than he is.
THIS. Thank god someone realizes this. Welker is good because of the system he's in. He's the perfect guy for the role that he plays, but in terms of being an overall receiver like I think top-ten guys should be, he doesn't compare.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a top reciever is more than stats. Hines Ward is an example.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Hines Ward is not a top receiver

Old 12-14-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to do this in order of who I would want most on my team right now, production on the field mixed with physical tools/potential

1. Calvin Johnson
2. Andre Johnson
3. Larry Fitzgerald
4. Brandon Marshall
5. Reggie Wayne
6. Vincent Jackson
7. Chad Ochocinco aka Estaban Hachi Go
8. DeSean Jackson
9. Randy Moss (when/if he decides to turn it on again no man...or 2 men can stop him)
10. Roddy White

next tier (in no particular order):
Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, Mike Sims-Walker, Santonio Holmes, Steve Smith(s), Wes Welker, Marques Colston, Sidney Rice, Michael Crabtree, Kenny Britt, Anquan Boldin

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Last edited by senormysterioso : 12-14-2009 at 04:06 PM.
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hines Ward is not a top receiver
Stat wise, yes. If I wanted an all around reciever who is not selfish and willing to do whatever for the team, Hines Ward would be one of the top guys I call.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
That's why he has 937 yards and 7 touchdowns.
Hines Ward has very similar numbers and no one thinks he's top ten. Those arn't the numbers of a top ten receiver. Only his attention ***** tactics keep his name in the news.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I can't put Welker in my top 10. The guy isn't the best WR on his own team, he can't be top 10.

Especially considering he doesn't get nearly the same coverages that a #1 wr faces.

There are a lot of WRs who can be subbed in for Welker and do just as good of a job, if not better. Smith of the Giants, Santana Moss, DJax, Smith of the Panthers, etc.

It reminds me of the Housh vs Chad Johnson debates. Many felt Housh was better than Chad. But Chad faced the doubles and the best CB.

What has Housh done since he became a "#1" in Seattle? Absolutely nothing. The coverages you get changes a lot when youre not 2nd fiddle.

If Welker was a #1 WR on a team, he wouldn't have half the stats he has. There are a lot of WRs better than Welker.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not put Moss #1 right now. I think with Fitzgerald and Johnson you have to fear all the time, but I would be terrified if were facing the Patriots and Randy Moss. That terror is something I that would not have with players like Wayne (a product of Manning) or Marshall, etc.,etc.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote