Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I will send him a note telling him to resurrect his tackling skills. 3 years is the likeliest scenario but honestly in the red zone he's such an obvious mismatch that I could see him blowing people away next year. Coming out of Cal State SLO, not the easiest adjustment.
yeah, us Giants fans have been screaming for them to activate him so we can use him in the redzone but no dice so far.

Our coaching staff is very stubborn with rookies, thats the problem. Nicks shouldve started weeks ago. In his first game as a starter, he goes for 110 yards and a TD.

Sintim should start, but he doesn't. Kenny Phillips shouldve started his rookie year but never did. Our staff is pretty stubborn with rookies. In a way I like it bc Coughlin does a tremendous job developing young talent, and I like to think that slowly bringing them along is a big reason for that, but as a fan its frustrating sometimes.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Super Bowl MVP means you had one great game. It doesn't make you an elite player, unless you think Desmond Howard was an elite NFL WR.
:O dissing Desmond Howard? Sniper what is this action.

He was definitely an elite returner that year, although you're still right in general.

Is there even room for Sintim to start? I mean when Osi is coming off the bench, that's a tough rotation to get to the top of.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He was definitely an elite returner that year, although you're still right in general.

Is there even room for Sintim to start? I mean when Osi is coming off the bench, that's a tough rotation to get to the top of.
Sintim plays strongside Backer for us in our base D, and plays DE on passing downs.

He's already better at SAM than godawful Danny Clark. But Clark starts.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There has been a bit too much Welker bashing for my liking. You cant compare him to AJ, Fitz, VJax or the Beast, because he is a completely different kind of WR. The dude is better at what he does than anyone else in the league. It is not just because of Moss, almost any other #1 WR in the league could open up the field enough for him to work his stuff.

If we are picking dream teams to play a one off game and get 3 wideouts each and I get first pick of the WRs, then I take Welker first every time. Couldnt care less whether it is AJ, BMarsh or Fitz or whoever on the outside, because the difference between them is minute, but Welker is easily better at running slot routes than anyone in the league.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd argue Reggie Wayne, for one, is as good or better then Welker in the slot, as is probably Fitz, though he's playing wide most of the time and for good reason.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Steve Smith of the Giants is just as good in the slot, and he faces tougher coverages than Welker.

I like Welker, don't get me wrong. He's just not a top 10 WR. He's a great slot WR, but thats all he is.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My list:

1. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Andre Johnson
3. Reggie Wayne
4. Calvin Johnson
5. Brandon Marshall
6. Vincent Jackson
7. Ocho Cinco
8. Randy Moss
9. A healthy Anquan Boldin
10. Santonio Holmes

I usually like to see at least a couple seasons of being really good before I rank them on this list. So no Miles Austin or Steve Smith(NYG) just yet. VJax is an exception though. Also some people in here hating on Reggie Wayne, but the dude gets wide open and catches anything you throw to him. Can't ask for more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Super Bowl MVP means you had one great game. It doesn't make you an elite player, unless you think Desmond Howard was an elite NFL WR.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmmm very difficult, let's give it a whirl:

1a. Andre Johnson
1b. Larry Fitzgerald
honestly, I love them both so much. they're both absurd, so they're 1a and b in my mind, could switch them if you please.

3. Reggie Wayne
4. Vincent Jackson
5. Megatron
6. Brandon Marshall
7. Ochocinco
8. Steve Smith (car)
9. Anquan Boldin
10. Randy Moss

Next in line: Greg Jennings, Desean Jackson, Roddy White, Steve Smith (NYG), Dwayne Bowe, Colston, Kenny Britt, MSW, Mile Austin

and a guy I've always liked is Santana Moss. He's always been a rival, but I'd love to see what he could've done with competency at QB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Last edited by scottyboy : 12-14-2009 at 05:16 PM.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ha Scotty, No Moss?

Old 12-14-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
hmmm very difficult, let's give it a whirl:

1a. Andre Johnson
1b. Larry Fitzgerald
honestly, I love them both so much. they're both absurd, so they're 1a and b in my mind, could switch them if you please.

3. Reggie Wayne
4. Vincent Jackson
5. Megatron
6. Brandon Marshall
7. Ochocinco
8. Steve Smith (car)
9. Anquan Boldin
10. Greg Jennings

Next in line: Desean Jackson, Roddy White, Steve Smith (NYG), Dwayne Bowe, Colston, Kenny Britt, MSW, Mile Austin

and a guy I've always liked is Santana Moss. He's always been a rival, but I'd love to see what he could've done with competency at QB.
Kenny Britt should be number 2 atleast, maybe even 1c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
ha Scotty, No Moss?
eh ****. I knew I forgot someone. I'll throw him up in there, NOBODY LOOK OR QUOTE IT FOR LYKE 10 SECONDS OK GUIYZ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I <3 Desmond, but he was a much better college player than a pro.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Steve Smith of the Giants is just as good in the slot, and he faces tougher coverages than Welker.

I like Welker, don't get me wrong. He's just not a top 10 WR. He's a great slot WR, but thats all he is.
Welker has had less than 5 receptions in a game 6 times in the past 48 regular season games. Brady (who is a future HOFer) has a completion percentage 5% higher since he got Welker.

What makes a great WR? Wouldnt production be a huge factor? Welker does fantastically in this system, but other guys in this discussion like Reggie Wayne benefit enormously from their system as well. For 3 years no-one has got around to making him ineffective.

edit - also want to add in that the completion percentage to Welker is 77%.

Last edited by Timbathia : 12-14-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
Welker has had less than 5 receptions in a game 6 times in the past 48 regular season games. Brady (who is a future HOFer) has a completion percentage 5% higher since he got Welker.

What makes a great WR? Wouldnt production be a huge factor? Welker does fantastically in this system, but other guys in this discussion like Reggie Wayne benefit enormously from their system as well. For 3 years no-one has got around to making him ineffective.

im not denying that Welker is a very good player. but he's just not a top 10 guy. he's just not.

he's great at what he does. but he's limited in what he can do. you can put a lot of WRs in his role and they'd thrive in that role. its not just all about production.

i think Santana Moss for example, who is a forgotten man by many bc he plays with ineptitude around him, would do even better than Welker if he teamed up with Brady and Moss and played Welker's role.

I like Welker, don't get me wrong. I'm probably coming off harsher than I want to. He's a great slot WR, he fits his sytem like a glove, but I just can't put him in the top 10.

There are too many good WRs in this league for Welker to be top 10 when he's a slot specialist.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is dumb. Only one man deserves to be considered #1 through #10, and that's...

Old 12-14-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is dumb. Only one man deserves to be considered #1 through #10, and that's...

But this one goes to eleven...

CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I have a feeling that I'm going to hate DeSean Jackson for a very long time.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post

I love Welker. He's a guy that's really easy to like he goes 100 mph from whistle to whistle, he's a football player. But the thing is he doesn't get enough touchdowns to call a top flight receiver. If you want to say he's a top 10 slot receiver, absolutely...probably the best in the game...but he makes his money between the 20's on underneath routes. I'm not minimizing the value of that, having a guy that can give you a first down pretty much at will is obviously a huge thing...but he's not a redzone threat whatsoever.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But this one goes to eleven...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CC.SD again.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I have a feeling that I'm going to hate DeSean Jackson for a very long time.
What a coincidence. I've got a similar feeling with Hakeem Nicks.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
What a coincidence. I've got a similar feeling with Hakeem Nicks.
I counter your Hakeem Nicks with Jeremy Maclin.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I counter your Hakeem Nicks with Jeremy Maclin.
I see your Jeremy Maclin and call you a Mario Manningham, who will explode next season.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I see your Jeremy Maclin and call you a Mario Manningham, who will explode next season.
I raise you a Brent Celek.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
I raise you a Brent Celek.
I raise you both a Jay Cutler