Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
I raise you both a Jay Cutler
Is that a bluff?
Old 12-14-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Is that a bluff?
It is the ultimate gamble

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is the ultimate gamble
*looks at my cards*

*shuffles my chips*

*calls*
Old 12-14-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After reading the entire thread and thinking, and arguing with Renji in IRC, here is my list:

1. Andre Johnson
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Brandon Marshall
4. Randy Moss
5. Steve Smith (Car)
6. Reggie Wayne
7. Roddy White
8. Vincent Jackson
9. Anquan Boldin
10. Calvin Johnson

Near misses: Desean Jackson, Greg Jennings, Dwayne Bowe

I approached the list as I would if I was starting a team tomorrow, and someone asked me which WR I want playing my #1 WR position. A guy like Welker, who I feel could be substituted for a plurality of undersized, sure handed WRs and see the same result, cant fill that #1 position like the guys on this list can. Any argument that Welker is a better WR then Moss, even a statistical one (look at YPC, 1st down %, 20+, 40+, TDs, etc. to see why Moss is just as statistically relevant as Welker), should really be thrown out. I tried not to base it purely on stats or purely on potential with the younger guys, or on this season alone because guys do have off years, a la Steve Smith, who is the real Rod Tidwell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I raise you a Brent Celek.
I fold. Or win, depending on which way you look at it.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
*looks at my cards*

*shuffles my chips*

*calls*
HAHA! I win! You remember Eli the year they were winning the Superbowl? everybody thought he had way to many INTs?

Thats cutler!

Old 12-14-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
HAHA! I win! You remember Eli the year they were winning the Superbowl? everybody thought he had way to many INTs?

Thats cutler!
Only difference is his team made the playoffs.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:

Thats cutler!
I still believe in Cutler. Maybe he's not as good as I thought he was, but he needs some help out there.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
I still believe in Cutler. Maybe he's not as good as I thought he was, but he needs some help out there.
id like to think its hard to success when your coaching staff are morons that seem to work against you rather than work with you.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Kenny Britt will be on this list by the end on next year.
Fixed your post for ya, YFS! ;)

Seriously though, I have been dumbfoundingly impressed by Britt as a rookie. Dude is the youngest player in the league (I think...), and he's still significantly bigger and faster than the other guys on the field. Not to mention, he's a helluva blocker. I think he's gonna be a good'un. :D

Anyway, my rankings:

1. Andre "Titan Killer" Johnson
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Reggie Wayne
4. Randy Moss
5. Brandon Marshall
6. Vincent Jackson
7. Anquan Boldin
8. Calvin Johnson
9. DeSean Jackson
10. Chad Ochocinco

Some great players barely left off the list. They know who they are...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I suppose if you factor in blocking, Vincent Jackson is a top 10 WR. However, I just don't feel he's had the production to be ranked ahead of someone like, Boldin, for example. We'll see if he makes the pro bowl this year. Maybe it's because I soured on him following that DUI right before the Steelers playoff game, but he's being overrated in these rankings.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andre Johnson is the best WR in the game. No matter who's throwing to him he still balls out.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I see your Jeremy Maclin and call you a Mario Manningham, who will explode next season.
He will only explode if wideouts are allowed to use butterfly nets next year. The NFL is littered with receivers who looked great except for the fact they are crap at catching the football.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

why isnt sidney rice getting any love?

sig by BoneKrusher
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well if blocking counts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykuGLK5CFjE

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack

Last edited by Bengals78 : 12-14-2009 at 06:33 PM. Reason: vid wouldnt embed
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mine:

1. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Brandon Marshall
3. Reggie Wayne
4. Vincent Jackson
5. Wes Welker
6. Steve Smith (Carolina)
7. Anquan Boldin
8. Marques Colston
9. Chad Johnson (Ochocinco)
10. Roddy White

Just missing the cut: Hines Ward, DeSean Jackson, Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I see your Jeremy Maclin and call you a Mario Manningham, who will explode next season.
I see your Mario Manningham and raise you a Robert Meachem.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

wow Diab no andre Johnson and no Randy moss

Old 12-14-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylishis View Post
why isnt sidney rice getting any love?
I think he is still kinda underrated to the average fan I don't think he is top ten atleast not yet but he is for sure in that next group of up and comers.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
I suppose if you factor in blocking, Vincent Jackson is a top 10 WR. However, I just don't feel he's had the production to be ranked ahead of someone like, Boldin, for example. We'll see if he makes the pro bowl this year. Maybe it's because I soured on him following that DUI right before the Steelers playoff game, but he's being overrated in these rankings.
I'd say WR blocking is just as relevant as an RB being able to pass-block - although RB pass-blocking is more important. Although, if the player isn't good, it doesn't matter how good of a blocker he is because no one gives a crap about him. The skill just ends up being one of those tie-breaker skills that get brought up in debates like these (ie. Me being a homer and bringing up Britt's beastly blocking skills as a way to try and separate him from the other young, talented WR's).

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:29 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
But this one goes to eleven...

Fifteen. *****.

He's so good, his motivational poster doesn't even need text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to go on a rant here, but to me Reggie Wayne is very overrated. He is a very solid player, no doubt. He is as much of a product of Manning as Welker is a product of Brady.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just like Marvin Harrison before him.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'm calling your bluff. brady had ONE 4000 yard season before moss and 2 28 td seasons. not even remotely close to a "shoe in".

i've never understood why people make up silly statistical arguments for brady, pre-2007. must be all the gq covers.
Hyperbole my good sir. Anyway, there were Manning vs. Brady debates prior to the Patriots acquiring Welker and Moss.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
must be all the gq covers.
Quit playin' like you didn't buy those issues! ;)

Also, I have no doubt Reggie Wayne is one of the best WR's in the league. I guess some may point out that he has a 1st ballot HoF'er as his QB, but Jerry Rice had Joe Montana and Steve Young throwing passes to him, yet he still gets credited as the #1 WR of all time. Wayne is a tremendous player, and is a definite Top 5 WR in my opinion.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.