Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-27-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd much prefer to avoid one of the big named, high price coaches. The only one that I would like is Cowher and that's because of the way he demands respect and holds his players accountable. However, I think he's staying put at CBS for the time being. I really would like to go after one of the younger coordinators that are out there. The guys that are hungry and have some spunk to them.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:27 AM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I'd much prefer to avoid one of the big named, high price coaches. The only one that I would like is Cowher and that's because of the way he demands respect and holds his players accountable. However, I think he's staying put at CBS for the time being. I really would like to go after one of the younger coordinators that are out there. The guys that are hungry and have some spunk to them.
I am for any competent HC......Wade may make it to next season. Clayton just reported that Jerry does not want to hire another coach. Clayton said if there is enough backlash from the fans then Wade is gone. Wade must win one playoff game to survive. Really sounds like Jerry will screw this one up too!
ricowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he doesn't win a playoff game, it will be Garrett. You can mark it down.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still hope it's Cowher.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You don't think Cowher is a bit overrated?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I don't. His character, leadership and coaching mentality is the best out of all available HCs. What is he overrated in?

I think he'll go to the Jags though.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur

D-Unit: I don't. His character, leadership and coaching mentality is the best out of all available HCs. What is he overrated in?
Public speaking without spraying spittle all over the crowd b/c he's tonguetied. They used to call it the Cowher Shower. Reporters brought umbrellas if they sat in the 1st row of his postgame conferences, NFL officials had to wear OSHA-approved black & yellow eye protection in Steelers games.

He also used to cheat, not as bad as Bellichick, but he like others would sign PS members from upcoming opponents to milk them for insider info about those opponents, then cut them later. That's why they changed the rule on that.

I'd rather have Shanhan than Cowher. But it's still Fisher that's at the top of Jerry Jones' Tampering board.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Public speaking without spraying spittle all over the crowd b/c he's tonguetied. They used to call it the Cowher Shower. Reporters brought umbrellas if they sat in the 1st row of his postgame conferences, NFL officials had to wear OSHA-approved black & yellow eye protection in Steelers games.

He also used to cheat, not as bad as Bellichick, but he like others would sign PS members from upcoming opponents to milk them for insider info about those opponents, then cut them later. That's why they changed the rule on that.

I'd rather have Shanhan than Cowher. But it's still Fisher that's at the top of Jerry Jones' Tampering board.
Fisher is going nowhere.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
If he doesn't win a playoff game, it will be Garrett. You can mark it down.
Garrett has wore out his luster.....Unless there is a trophy he is gone!
ricowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I havent seen a comment on here about Wade all day. If you havent heard, he's coming back. And the Bills are close to hiring Chan Gailey (lolz) so Garrett is probably coming back, unless Al Davis wants him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well bringing Wade back isn't a bad move. I wanted him gone last year, and I don't think he's the long term answer. With that said, there are no head coaching candidates out there that blow your mind away. There is Frazier, but there may be better coaches next season like Cowher.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

2 NFC East Championships in 3 years... not the goal... but hey... he's putting us in position to have a fighting chance in the playoffs.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we do well next year...it could work out like JJ originally wanted it to. With Garrett taking over after Wade's contract is up. But as someone said before, our schedule has the potential to be pretty brutal so, if we **** the bed, I dont know what Jerry will do.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-19-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could live with Garrett as a HC much easier than as a coordinator. He has the mentality to deal with the media. But another year of him calling plays makes me want to pull my hair out.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

So Wade got an extension. I wonder how Garrett feels.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-21-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember everyone was saying how we should have gotten Norv Turner, yet he's pretty much done the same thing with SD as Wade here. Great regular season record with no SB appearances. His playoff record is better by a few wins, but ultimately one could argue they under achieve and fall apart in the playoffs too many times, so when you look at it that way I'm fine with giving Wade another few years to see what can happen.

Not many better options, Fisher didn't get fired, Snyder went hard and fast after Shanny way too soon, I know the grass is greener on the other side with alot of people but if Wade falls on his face next year he'll still be fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm okay with a Wade extension, but only for one season to open up the door for other options if the same crap from the first two years happens. It's not that big a deal though, because it's only one extra year. We all know Garrett is going to be the next head guy unless he gets another gig somewhere else. I don't know if he'll be better as a HC as opposed to an OC. I really want to grill his ass, but he called some really nice games against good defenses down the stretch. He may turn out to be a good find after all......

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:04 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

If anything, this actually greatly lessens Garrett's chances of ever becoming the Head coach here.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 01-22-2010 at 01:18 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:21 AM    (permalink
clay_allison
Rookie

clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.

It really wouldn't hurt my feelings if Jason went to be Al Davis' new Lord of the Sith...I mean apprentice...I mean head coach.
clay_allison is offline   Reply With Quote