Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-19-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still unsure of what Holmgren's appeal is as a GM.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:48 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
You loved getting rid of Winslow and Edwards for...

Massaquoi, Trusinski, Stuckie, 3rd round pick.

Yeah, me too....
Massaquoi is the truth!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Browns traded damaged goods in Winslow for a guy who has looks very promising in Massaquoi who still has his entire career in front of him and doesn't have a geriatric knee, plus a 5th rounder this year. I'll take that.

The Browns traded Braylon Edwards to the Jets for what will undoubtedly be a 3rd and a 5th round pick, Jason Trusnik, and Chansi Stuckey. Braylon Edwards has been an abortion for the Jets and it would not surprise me to see the Jets let Edwards walk after this year. I'll take that.

The Browns traded down from 5, where there was no one for this team to pick, to obtain Alex Mack, who is a stud, David Veikune who is effectively having a red shirt year, Coye Francies, James Davis, Abram Elam, Kenyon Coleman, and Bret Ratliff. The Jets got Mark Sanchez and his colored wrist bands. I can live with that too.

This team was **** when Mangini got here. It's hardly surprising that trading whatever semblance of talent this team had and getting a ton of draft picks and rookies would still have the team as ****, but **** with a slightly brighter future.

Amazingly, the team has been playing inspired football lately. The problem is they just don't have the talent to win right now.

I have no problem with keeping Eric Mangini as the head coach whatsoever if that is the way they choose to go. He just needs talent to win and someone to pick it for him.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Yeah it'll be interesting to see how we transition into a 4-3 as well as who stays and who goes.

I'm anxious to see Corey Williams get a legit shot in the 4-3.
He already had one as a Green Bay Packer. 14 sacks in 2 seasons.

I think transitioning to the 4-3 would allow the team to draft and pick up free agents easier. I guess I just have to question the personel decisions because its taking so long for the Browns to make the transition to having a descent 3-4 defensive team. Meanwhile teams like the Cowboys, Dolphins, and Packers have shortened that transition period to 1-2 seasons.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns traded Braylon Edwards to the Jets on basically a one year stint for 3rd and 5th round picks, Chansi Stuckey, and Jason Trusnik. Edwards is a free agent after the year and I bet the Jets don't resign him (the Browns certainly wouldn't have). Better than getting nothing and hanging onto him for the whole year.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Browns traded Braylon Edwards to the Jets on basically a one year stint for 3rd and 5th round picks, Chansi Stuckey, and Jason Trusnik. Edwards is a free agent after the year and I bet the Jets don't resign him (the Browns certainly wouldn't have). Better than getting nothing and hanging onto him for the whole year.
Yeah but I would have rather rolled into this season trying to build on what we had rather than absolute destroying everything. Edwards and Winslow could have been awesome if they had a legit third target on the team (Maybe had we gone after Coles or drafted Crabtree?) I just don't like the approach Mangini took when he got here, and I think if he was willing to trade Edwards he should have done it before or during the draft while his stock was higher.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks announce Mike Holmgren has declined the senior leadership position with team

http://twitter.com/dannyoneil/status/6847403097
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Seahawks announce Mike Holmgren has declined the senior leadership position with team

http://twitter.com/dannyoneil/status/6847403097
I think he wanted Tuna type control over everything there and the organization just didnt want to give it to him. Supposedly it wasnt a money issue.

All over town today you would think every problem with the Seahawks is directly related to Holmgren not being there. I'm sure it has nothing to do with their terrible defense, crappy O-line and lack of playmakers.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holmgren is going to run the Cleveland Browns, per Adam Schefter

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/6905831736

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PFT is also confirming -

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ns-the-browns/
Old 12-21-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN just said that Mike Holmgren will become the Browns President.

NFL.com is reporting the same thing

Last edited by Thumper : 12-21-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Omg teh shocking news
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really understand the logic of this move, especially the longevity of the deal.

Why, in any sport, would you sign a GM to a TEN YEAR DEAL?!?!?!?!

Holmgren certainly isn't unproven as a GM/President, but he really hasn't done anything spectacular to warrant such a massive deal. I really don't understand the process that the Browns went through with this deal and I don't see them getting any better.

Eric Mangini is as good as gone though.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
I don't really understand the logic of this move, especially the longevity of the deal.

Holmgren certainly isn't unproven as a GM/President, but he really hasn't done anything spectacular to warrant such a massive deal. I really don't understand the process that the Browns went through with this deal and I don't see them getting any better.

Maybe that was the only way he would sign.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RT @FauxJohnMadden Tough break for Browns fans.. as Holmgren was signing his new contract he got a papercut and now has a staph infection.

hahahahaha

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Tebow_Nation
Rookie

Tebow_Nation wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Tebow_Nation wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Tebow_Nation wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Tebow_Nation wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Tebow_Nation wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Tebow_Nation wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Tebow_Nation wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Tebow_Nation wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Tebow_Nation wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Tebow_Nation wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Tebow_Nation wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

the browns are going to sign mike shannahanahan and hes gonna change his name to ike and theyre gonna be known as mike and ike and theyre gonna be the sweetest combo in nfl history and i bet they draft timmy tebow and run the afc north straight into the ground it honestly wouldnt surprise me if the browns were the best team in nfl history oh yeah they need to sign johnny cribbs to a bigger deal too
Old 12-21-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL Chris Mortensen just said that Holmgren might hire Marty Morninwheg. LOL! He is a decent offensive coordinator but he is a guy who refuses to run the ball and he is a complete moron when he is put in charge of things.

Example A:
Quote:
The most notable moment in Mornhinweg's coaching history was his decision, coaching Detroit, to kick after winning an overtime coin toss. Mornhinweg felt that having the wind in his favor was more important for his Lions to win the game against the Chicago Bears, despite having as his kicker Jason Hanson, who hit a then-NCAA record 62-yard field goal in his college days at Washington State University. He elected to kick and on the Bears opening drive, Chicago scored a field goal. Mornhinweg's Lions went on to become 3-13 after that game, and prompted fed-up Lions fans to refer to the coach as "Marty Moron-weg".
Old 12-21-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mort throwing crap at a wall and seeing if it sticks. I don't think Mike Holmgren even knows if he's gonna keep Mangini or not, let alone who he might hire to replace him. I would be willing to bet he'd hire an unproven head coach like Josh McDaniels was this past year before he hires Morniwheg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post

The length of the deal has not been determined yet. espn speculated that it might be 10 years from their "sources" (who more often than not are shady). I definitely think they'll get better b/c can't get worse at this point. How hiring a guy who has went to super bowls at every franchise he's touched won't make us better is beyond me, especially considering he is the team president and not the GM. And I'm not certain Holmgren won't keep Mangini considering he's turning the team around here down the home stretch and Holmgren himself has said he doesn't think it's fair to fire a coach after just one year.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Personally I think Mangini should leave, he doesn't seem to be a good coach and he doesn't seem personable and passionate. I think he tries to act like Andy Reid, Bill Belichek (even headed, secretive, vague with the media etc.) without having the results that Reid and Belichek have had and it is perceived as arrogance and egotistical.

I think Holmgren should get rid of Mangini and hire coaches that run Holmgren's favorite schemes (West Coast Offense and 4-3 defense).
Old 12-21-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

That worked for Parcells in Miami immediately....however on the flipside I think it might not be fair to fire a guy after one season, especially when he has the team playing hard and improving towards the end of the season like Mangini has the Browns going right now. Say we beat Oakland and Jacksonville - it would be mighty hard to justify firing a guy who won the final four games of the season. I do see the logic in firing Mangini if Holmgren feels that their philosophies crash or if he doesn't believe in Mangini being successful (if you're gonna fire him, better sooner than later POV).
Old 12-21-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd sign John Schuerholz (former Braves GM) to a life time deal, given the chance. :D

As for Holmgren, hopefully he can find them a QB. He's always been great with Qbs. He wont be working as closely with them, to mold them, though. But he has an eye for Qb talent at least. The team could use a little bit of everything really. Well a lot, actually. What a mess.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-21-2009 at 10:40 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good hiring for the Browns. I hope the McCaskeys were taking notes about hiring a football person to be president of your team. Holmgren will definitely focus on bringing Brady Quinn along. He also finds good talent on the offensive side of the ball. I doubt that Mangini will coexist with Holmgren, so he should be gone. Also, Jim Zorn has a nice QB coaching job waiting for him in Cleveland after this season.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunately, Lerner has a track record for hiring the HC and forcing him on his GM. It will be very interesting to see if Holmgrem has the authority to fire Mangini immediately. Considering that Holmgren is a 4-3, WCO guy, Mangini doesn't appear to be his type of HC.
Parcells was allowed to bring in his own HC who believed in the same systems as Parcells. Somehow I think Holmgren may find himself in the opposite situation.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:59 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I'm still unsure of what Holmgren's appeal is as a GM.
That makes two of us. Anyone care to fill us in?
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:21 AM    (permalink
PickedOffTwice
Rookie

PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
That makes two of us. Anyone care to fill us in?
The Challenge, I guess. He has said, that he did very carefully pick his last (!) employment in the football world. Cleveland gave him basically the highest possible job in an organisation that needs rebuilding. So he's in for one last challenge as a head of football operations ( Or 'Czar' or VP or whatever).

Also: 50 Million $.
PickedOffTwice is offline   Reply With Quote