Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 12-15-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default a great article about our secondary

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...he_Corner.aspx

in the last 7 weeks we have had the 3rd best passing D in the NFL. and that is w/ a pass rush that cant even touch the quarter back!!!! I hope we dont draft a CB early, we gotta get Mattison out of here, go back to organized chaos and draft a WR. Also IMO Zbi should start at SS. He has impressed me w/ his coverage ability I think he could be a top 10 SS in the NFL whenever he starts.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I'm still terrified of them against an offense with any sort of quarterback or playmaker. Wide Receiver is the top need but I still feel the secondary needs revamping.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they only gave up 17 points to Indy and we literally didnt even touch Manning once that game(no exagerration).

I am more worried that Mattison will be sticking around for a couple of seasons
Old 12-15-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I read this earlier I was pretty shocked. Perhaps it is more of our pass-rush not getting it done rather than our secondary being that bad. If we go corner early in the draft, I'm hoping it's for a bigger guy. We really don't need another small one. Have Webb be our #2 and move Foxworth into the slot (but I doubt a rookie would start day one, but maybe later on like Webb has this year).
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:47 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we dont go CB early, Im thinkin Carlos Dunlap or a WR, we badly need to upgrade the DL this offseason.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:26 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our D line is full of high energy run stoppers. They aren't a lot of guys who can get pressure. I still think we need to go Bryant or Benn at WR in the first, but 2nd and 3rd could both be used on the dline for sure. Gregg, Pryce and Bannan are all slowing down.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Our D line is full of high energy run stoppers. They aren't a lot of guys who can get pressure. I still think we need to go Bryant or Benn at WR in the first, but 2nd and 3rd could both be used on the dline for sure. Gregg, Pryce and Bannan are all slowing down.
I agree, the only pure pass rusher we have is Antwan Barnes and for some reason, Harbaugh isn't even playing him. We definitely need to upgrade the pass rush this off season, especially if we are going have the bonehead Mattison calling the defense.

But like you said, I can't see us passing up a big named WR in the draft, someone like Benn, Williams or my personal favorite LaFell, but if we could get someone in free agency like Vincent Jackson or Brandon Marshall, or even trade for Dwayne Bowe, that would allow us to go corner or dline in the first round, which would be a huge plus.

I think Ozzie has to make a move via free agency this year and acquire a big play WR, our offense needs one so badly, Jackson would be an ideal candidate since Cameron worked with him in his days in San Diego.