Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-16-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deion Sanders and Bo Jacksons' 40 times are all rumors because I don't think they were electronically timing people back then, but I think both reportedly ran somewhere in the 4.1 range but who knows how accurate that is. I do know that the size Bo Jackson was that he's by far the most impressive physical specimen to play football IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if i recall correctly I believe Deion ran a 4.21 and bo jackson a 4.19...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
if i recall correctly I believe Deion ran a 4.21 and bo jackson a 4.19...
This was before man harnessed the power of lightning though and therefore these are not electronically timed 40s.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember Robert Edwards former Pats rb out of Georgia blowing out his knee at a flag football game in Hawaii. Never really the same after that.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
This was before man harnessed the power of lightning though and therefore these are not electronically timed 40s.
But not before man harnessed the power of style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Johnson of the Raiders ran a 4.18 (hand-timed I think) seven years ago, so it's no sure thing that CJ is even the fastest Chris Johnson in the league.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Chris Johnson of the Raiders ran a 4.18 (hand-timed I think) seven years ago, so it's no sure thing that CJ is even the fastest Chris Johnson in the league.
Yeah, he has "4.18" tattooed on his leg
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Unless Chris Johnson (Raiders) has kept that speed after 7 years (He's in his 30's now, I believe), then I'd put my money on CJ.

All of this is just in good fun, but I remember a few seasons ago when Braylon Edwards and Donte Stallworth raced each other while barefoot to see who was faster. One of them ended up injuring their foot in the race, so definitely do this in the offseason when the Titans season isn't on the line. :D

Oh, and like Doughey said earlier, CJ has said he can't take Bolt in the 100m dash, but he said he'd be up for a 40-yard dash. Part of CJ's speed is that he hits top gear after 2 steps, where as Bolt is a longer strider who takes a little longer to hit his top gear but when he does it's unmatched. Walter Dix from FSU, who competed against Bolt in the Olympics, beat CJ in these NCAA track events so that'll tell you how CJ compares to Bolt (I think Dix was 3rd in the 100m dash, but it was due to a few disqualifications ahead of him).

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
diesel
Rookie

diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Usain Bolt comparison is just ridiculous. There actually were some nerds that crunched the numbers and figured out Bolt ran the 40 in around 3.8-3.9. So the 40 of 100m dash, it doesn't matter.

diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats a baller right here

Is there an active player (in full gear) that anyone can think of that is faster then CJ is on the open field? Hester maybe? DeSean Jackson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:08 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel View Post
This Usain Bolt comparison is just ridiculous. There actually were some nerds that crunched the numbers and figured out Bolt ran the 40 in around 3.8-3.9. So the 40 of 100m dash, it doesn't matter.
Bolt is a long strider and takes a little bit longer than most to reach full speed. Once he does, its all over, but CJ would have a chance because he puts it in full gear quickly and is so explosive.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take CJ in a 40 but I'd take Ginn in a 100. Ginn's got those long strides and when he gets going his speed is ridiculous.

I honestly believe that a 20 yard race between CJ and Usain Bolt would be very close. CJ has world-class acceleration.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel View Post
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=582

It's a silly conversation anyhow...
Old 12-16-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question so will Madden give 100 speed to deven Hester for returns and put him at 99 for Wr, and then give CJ 100 speed for RB?
Old 12-16-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day One Pick View Post
Reminds me of a girl I picked up one night years ago when I was really, really drunk.
that wasn't a girl....that was just an equally hammered Andre Smith

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
CJ is probably the quickest around 20-50 yard. a 100m dash id back someone like DHB with a prettier running technique
CJ is pretty damn good over 100 as well, was a member of the record holding 4x100 in Florida in HS I believe. There are guys that are quicker. Jamal Charles is a strong candidate for example, he has elite 100m times.

Quote:
Is there an active player (in full gear) that anyone can think of that is faster then CJ is on the open field? Hester maybe? DeSean Jackson?
DRC was gaining/ran him down on that TD against the Cards so he certainly puts his hand up. Jackson sure looks every bit as fast.

Of course we all want Trindon Holliday in the NFL to end this discussion once and for all.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Raider_fan_Canada
Rookie

Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Somebody on the Raiders probably can challenge CJ. DHB? JLH? DMC?
What Raider can challenge Chris Johnson? Chris Johnson!..... (the CB).

He ran around 4.25 and Im yet to see anybody run away from him in strait line. So thats the one guy I think can go neck-to-neck with CJ in any kind of race.

Standford Routt could also do it (4.28) but I would be more confident in Johnson.

As for others it depends on the distance.

JLH I dont think so.
DMC is faster in his 1st 20 yards (doesnt have a 4th or 5th gear).
I think DHB would win 40 yards +.

That said if I had to identify 1 Raider that plays with the best speed I would say Tyvon Branch.
Raider_fan_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
Thats a baller right here

No, it's actually insane what he's doing. He's not busting through guys, and he's not bouncing off guys, he's not wiggling around them. It's nothing real fancy, he's getting to the corner or to the hole, and just ******* running right past people.

I've never really seen anything quite like it.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys have to factor in that when these guys ran the 40 they had been training for nothing but combine tests.

I know most of you realize that training for the combine and the shape you are in the season are 2 complete different types. I bet you CJ running the 40 today would not be able to run the same time he did back in the combine, he is playing heavier and is in shape to take pounding in the NFL.

There is a reason you come out of college and have to train for months to get into combine shape, and then once in the NFL people get back into playing shape
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just like PTI said, it's pretty foolish for anyone to think Chris Johnson can beat Usain Bolt in a foot race. I don't care the distance.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Hippos are slow off the blocks but have great top end speed.
I lol'd(10 chars)
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darrius the great could beat him.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^
"Great" should be hyphenated...
Old 12-17-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
^^^
"Great" should be hyphenated...
Really? hmm.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
DRC was gaining/ran him down on that TD against the Cards so he certainly puts his hand up. Jackson sure looks every bit as fast.

Of course we all want Trindon Holliday in the NFL to end this discussion once and for all.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/tennessee-...son-highlights

From 0:44. Then DRC gets in his face. I lol'd since he had just scored an 85 yard TD.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote